Credits
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
17 Hours
Send PM

Mi  BunnyI Love MIUI1500K Forum Members2100K Forum Members

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] Bootloader Unlock - Solution for Redmi 4 Pro/Prime (unlocking stuck at 50%)

[ Promote]
22102 93 |
23:55, Dec-04-2016 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by j2967@trbvm.com at 06:22, Dec-26-2016

Hi everyone!

EDIT: scroll down for 2nd method!

Today, while trying to unlock bootloader in my phone, I was faced with the infamous "Unlock stuck at 50%" problem with error message saying "Couldn't verify Device. Current account is different from the account info on the device"

My setup was as follows:

• Redmi 4 Pro/Prime (3/32) on latest China Developer ROM (with no SIM card in the phone)
    (I had to first flash the phone with the fastboot version of China Developer ROM (using download mode) as the device came preinstalled with some modified ROM showing as: V8.0.5.0.0 MBECNDG)

• Windows 10 64bit PC with following packages used to flash China Dev. ROM:
    - minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.4 (adb/fastboot drivers)
    - MiFlash 2016.08.30.0
    - 6.12.1 China Developer ROM image (markw_images_6.12.1_20161201.0000.00_6.0_cn) extracted to some basic path like C:\MiRom\

• Unlock confirmation SMS which I recived about ~12 hours earlier.

After succesful flash of China Dev. ROM i experienced said MiUnlock error and had to try three different MiFlashUnlock tools:
- MiFlashUnlock_1.1.1111.1_en
- MiFlashUnlock_1.1.0317.1_en
- MiFlashUnlock_1.1.0118.1

The last one is the chinese version which finally unlocked the device in the first try.

This was done seconds after multiple retries with the other two so i don't believe one has to patiently wait a week or so after getting an approval like some people on the forums said.

Here's the download url (found on the forums):
http://bigota.d.miui.com/miflashunlock/MiFlashUnlock_latest.zip

Some other informations I'd like to mention are:

• I did not have any special configuration on the phone, no lock PIN or pattern.
  • Phone was after basic MIUI initial setup: english locale applied, MI account added (using account ID), one wifi network configured.
  • All other initial setup options set to enable (all of the MI Services, User Experience Program etc.)
  • OEM Unlock switched on in the Developer options.

After all the failed attempts, the logs of english MiUnlock tools were saying:
  • ERROR  <timestamp> : unlock signature request fail:20031 reason:账号与设备没有绑定关系
  • DEBUG  <timestamp> : unlock return:20031 msg:账号与设备没有绑定关系

Google translates 账号与设备没有绑定关系 as "There is no binding relationship between the account and the device"

The other frequently raised issue I was also having was the: Mi Unlock status showing "-1:Unknown Error" message when trying to bind the device

This option is found in Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > Mi Unlock Status
Some say it is mandatory but it eventually never worked for me so looks like it does not matter at all as I was able to unlock the device without it.

None of the so called "solutions" found on MIUI forums worked for me and, believe me, I tried many.

2nd method
(You need to be on latest china dev to follow these steps)

1. Factory reset the phone
2. Don't set up the Wireless network and Mi Account on first boot
3. After initial setup turn on Developer options, then turn on USB debugging and OEM unlocking
4. Reboot the phone
5. Set up the wireless network
6. Go to Developer options > Mi Unlock status and click on Add account and device then set up Mi Account using account Id (accept every pop-up)
7. Reboot into fastboot and try to unlock your phone

Anyone that succesfully unlocked the bootlader using my tips please leave a message in the thread as there is of course a possibility that I was just lucky and hit the button in the right time

Favorite40 Share

Rated by 23 people   Experience Reason  

Beas.maloros + 1 Thanks!
Rodrigo74185 + 1 Just to let you know, i had tried those
fbalvim + 1 Thanks!
ctapblu + 1 Thanks!
voca955 + 1 &lt;font&gt;&lt;font&gt;Фантастика!&lt;/
rainblo20 + 1 Fantastic!
alehandro112 + 1 Fantastic!
still_no_name + 1 Thanks!
kaz89 + 1 Fantastic!
tewux86 + 1 Method 2!
kinta44 + 1 Fantastic!
osipov101 + 1 Great!
Gobio + 1 Great!
antony991 + 1 Thanks!
Szyszon + 1 Thanks!
mr.asasello + 1 Thanks!
Davidac96 + 1 Thanks!
troyan1989 + 1 Great!
Valensera + 1 Great!
mitodna + 1 Fantastic!
acuvue + 1 Great!
Darkhiei + 1 Great!
AnKud0112 + 1 Thanks!

Experience +23  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
17 Hours
Send PM

Author| 18:20, Dec-05-2016 | From PC
|
This post was edited by j2967@trbvm.com at 18:21, Dec-05-2016
r_ndra replied at 2016-12-5 12:49
I managed to unlock bootloader, but when I try to flash China rom it showed couldn't verify update p ...

You were supposed to flash the ROM in download mode first, then unlock the bootloader but since you already did manage to unlock the bootloader then you should be able to flash the rom in fastboot mode.

Here's a nice guide how to do it and a collection of latest fastboot ROMs.
http://en.miui.com/a-234.html

In case anyone is interested - flashing a locked bootlader phone in download mode looks almost exactly the same as in that fastboot mode guide.
The only difference is in the Step 3 when you need to switch the phone in download mode, not fastboot.

To get into download mode, press VolumeUp+Power buttons untill the phone goes into recovery, then in the recovery choose download.
The phone should restart with the highlighted black screen and the MiFlash should detect it as COMx (x being a number).
Then follow the guide

Rated by 2 people   Experience Reason  

mitodna + 1 Fantastic!
r_ndra + 1 Thanks!

Experience +2  View Rating Log

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
40 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power StripFantastic!I Love MIUIPokemon Master Medal2100K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersI Love 2016Rooster Year of 2017Alpaca Mi Bunny Android GuruApp TalentDebate MasterStar Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanScroll Of WisdomApp Talent

02:00, Dec-05-2016 | From PC
|
Thanks, gonna try that out as soon as I will get an approval.

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM
02:45, Dec-05-2016 | Via mobile
|
Hi, i shared what i have done in other thread yesterday.

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM
02:48, Dec-05-2016 | From Redmi 4 Prime
|
what i think will help is to factory reset your device. it worked for me. cheers

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM

MarshmallowFantastic!I Love MIUI1500K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI World Tour2100K Forum MembersMIUI ExpertHumor MasterForum Contest LoverAndroid Guru

03:00, Dec-05-2016 | From Mi 5
|
thanks hope I will not need it. still waiting for unlock coonfirmation... how long it can take?

Credits
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
17 Hours
Send PM

Author| 04:13, Dec-05-2016 | From PC
|
elfhelm1 replied at 2016-12-5 03:00
thanks hope I will not need it. still waiting for unlock coonfirmation... how long it can take?

It took 4 days in my case.

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM

MarshmallowFantastic!I Love MIUI1500K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI World Tour2100K Forum MembersMIUI ExpertHumor MasterForum Contest LoverAndroid Guru

04:19, Dec-05-2016 | Via mobile
|
j2967@trbvm.com replied at 2016-12-5 04:13
It took 4 days in my case.

thanks... I am waiting 3 days now

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
40 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power StripFantastic!I Love MIUIPokemon Master Medal2100K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersI Love 2016Rooster Year of 2017Alpaca Mi Bunny Android GuruApp TalentDebate MasterStar Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanScroll Of WisdomApp Talent

08:03, Dec-05-2016 | From PC
|
This MiFlashUnlock version worked like a charm first try just after getting an approval! Thank you so much!

Credits
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM

Rooster Year of 2017

08:23, Dec-05-2016 | From PC
|
I reported my experience here http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod ... 058&pid=7967588

Thanks

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
MIUI Version
V8.5.1.0.MBECNED
Online time
15 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!Redmi 1SMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 9MIUI 7th AnniversarySummer Mi BunnyForum Contest LoverMIUI Twitter FollowerAndroid Guru

12:49, Dec-05-2016 | From PC
|
I managed to unlock bootloader, but when I try to flash China rom it showed couldn't verify update packages..any suggestion?

Oh yeah, my Redmi 4 prime came with developer's custom rom which is global stable 8.0.2.0 (MBEMIDG)

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list