MIUI Beta Team - China

Credits
Device
Mi Max 128GB
Online time
20 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi Notebook AirXiaomi 6 LaunchMagic CubeMi HomeMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Bluetooth HeadsetUnlock MedalMi  BunnyMi VR HeadsetMijia VR Play 2Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Women's Day MedalSuper SaturdaySuper Wednesday3 Million Forum MembersSuper FridayXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 20171st AnniversaryMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI PSuper SundaySuper MondayMIUI Lucky FridayRooster Year of 2017MIUI Happy Medal300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersSuper TuesdayMIUI S90000 Forum MembersPuzzle MasterMIUI Forum AppMIUI Font LoverMIUI Marathon MedalRocket to FutureMIUI 9I Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI Quick DiscussionMIUI 108 Million Forum MembersSurpriseMIUI 8th Anniversary9 Million Forum MembersMi Drop6 Million Forum MembersHumor MasterMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz10 Million Forum MembersIndia Independence DayMaster Of TechnologyTechnology GuruMi TalentRingtone Star Android ElfPioneer of MIUI English Forum Theme TalentMost Active MIUIerMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Follower7 Million Forum MembersMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanStar Of Technology2017 Annual AwardsDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomForum Contest LoverAndroid GuruStar Wars

[Others] Reasons Why Non-removable Battery Is Ideal In Smartphone Design

[ Promote]
64 2 |
01:30, Oct-14-2018 | From Mi Max 3
|
|
Go to reply no.
Recent smartphone being manufactured mostly feature the built-in battery technology, as such devices with removable battery are not seen as much as they were before. It is no doubt that removable battery was once a trademark of Android smartphones, and it was one of the feature that differentiated it from Apple devices (Because non removable battery was unique to Apple). However, latest smartphone technology suggests that removable battery technology are gradually going extinct. Hence, paving way for new devices with built-in battery technology.

There are several things that support this notion, one of which is the significant evolution of batteries in recent years. Smartphones can offer way more nowadays than before, thanks to improved technology. There are new advances like fast charging and wireless charging. (which works better on non-removable batteries). Also, the presence of improved external batteries has widened the market. Thus, a removable battery is not so paramount anymore.

Furthermore, In an attempt to satisfy user requirements for Smartphone, Vendors thought it wise to redesign the battery technology of their devices. Users would prefer to go for a device that has a neat design, slim in dimension, light when held and with good battery capacity. Normally this can be achieved at ease, but to account for strong batteries, the device has to weigh a little bit high (The price you pay for a good battery enabled device) when removable battery concept is used. But since the adoption of non-removable battery technology, the weight of huge battery enabled device are reduced drastically. This is because all the components are manufactured on the device, Hence miniaturized with better efficiency.

The trend was started years ago by Apple with their iPhone series. In recent times, other companies followed suit. Ultimately, the Samsung Galaxy S6 kick-started Samsung’s new design policy of non removable battery technology, and the S8 was the perfect result. The likes of Gionee, Xiaomi, Infinix, Tecno... and others also adopted the policy in an attempt to Satisfy User discretion.

Meanwhile, some users still prefer removable batteries for their various device, because of the ease at which it can be replaced. But one thing is certain, if you are looking to upgrade your smartphone to a removable battery enabled device, the chances of you getting a cool device is somewhat slim. This is because smartphone manufacturers are moving to the latest battery technology.

In conclusion, the era of removable battery technology are slowly coming to an end. Replacing them has enabled manufacturers to add some other amazing features to their devices. Some of which are the reduction in weight of devices with large battery capacity.
Favorite Share

Supreme Member

Indonesian MiFans

Credits
Device
Redmi 2 Prime
Online time
737 Hours
Send PM

Yi Action CameraMi HomeMi  BunnyMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi ScaleMijia Qi CycleMi TV 70Mi Notebook AirMi MIXMi HeadphonesMi BoxMi BandMijia Smart ShoesMi Kids WatchMagic CubeMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi Bluetooth HeadsetNinety Degree LuggageNinebot MiniMi WiFi RouterMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi Power BankMi VRMi T-ShirtUnlock MedalXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!Awesome!I Love MIUIFlashholicAnTuTuMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8Mi 4i4 Million Forum MembersMi 4cRedmi Note 2Redmi 2Redmi Note 4Redmi 3SRedmi 4XRedmi Note 3MIUI 2017Mid-Autumn FestivalXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Marathon MedalSuper Saturday1st Anniversary3500K Forum MembersMIUI World TourMIUI Fan from TurkeyHappy Singles' DayMIUI Fan From Indonesia5 Million Forum App InstallsHappy Valentine's Day2 Million Forum MembersSuper SundaySuper TuesdayWomen's Day MedalSuper Monday10 Million Forum Posts90000 Forum MembersMIUI SRooster Year of 2017MIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI PFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Happy MedalPuzzle MasterMerry ChristmasMIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI SpainMIUI Fan From PhilippinesHappy New YearFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI 9MIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 7th AnniversaryRocket to FutureMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI G+ Follower5 Million Forum MembersMIUI SuperstarMIUI FB FollowerBlack SharkApp Star9 Million Forum MembersSurprise6 Million Forum MembersDiscuss HereMi DropStar WarsMIUI Halloween 2018Heart to Heart7 Million Forum MembersMIUI 10Dual CameraAndroid Elf2017 Annual AwardsTheme TalentEvaluator Rep10 Million Forum MembersMIUI 8th AnniversaryMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI Halloween 2017Scroll Of WisdomMIUI FollowerIndonesia Independence DayMi Story TellerMi Lover MedalMIUI Quick DiscussionRedmi Quiz Master25 Million StrongDebate MasterMost Active MIUIerMIUI Medals CollectorForum Contest LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruStar Of TechnologyMIUI ExpertTechnology GuruQuick SurveyYouth PledgeOreoOTA FeedbackMi TalentMIUI KingMr. DependableNougatRingtone ExpertRedmi Note 5A/PrimeXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMaster Of Technology8 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz

02:13, Oct-14-2018 | From Redmi 2
|
Nice explanation. I still love phone with removable battery.

Credits
Device
Redmi 4X
Online time
299 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi HomeMi TV 70Unlock MedalMi Band 2MarshmallowAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestMi 5Redmi 4XRedmi Note 4XRedmi Note 44 Million Forum MembersHappy New YearMIUI 9Fan Of MIUI SpainMIUI 100 Million UsersRocket to FuturePuzzle MasterMIUI Forum AppMIUI 2017500K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Lucky Friday300K Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersMiPopGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyHumor MasterSurpriseStar Of Technology10 Million Forum Members2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Weekly Devices QuizDual CameraMi TalentAndroid GuruMIUI Halloween 2017Mr. DependableMost Active MIUIerTechnology GuruAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomMi Lover MedalMIUI ExpertRingtone ExpertUpdates Lover

06:26, Oct-14-2018 | From Redmi 4X
|
This post was edited by Aphanic at 00:04, Oct-14-2018

This post is a copy of an article from a year ago and yet there's no reference to the author or link to the site, and that's unacceptable (unless you're the author that is).

In any case, I don't agree with many of the points of this editorial.

Fast charging is no reason to have a sealed battery, nor does it work better with those, and the fact that portable batteries are readily available doesn't diminish the usefulness of a removable battery in my opinion.

Same goes for the weight argument or having the latest battery technology, it doesn't have much to do with having a sealed unit.

Something that inherently degrades over time (and rather quick) shouldn't be sealed away in a device, making it more difficult to replace when it no longer provides enough juice, especially when low quality cells are used.

I would certainly prefer to have a device that's even 1 mm thicker if it were to have a removable battery, but hey, it's better for manufacturers (when the time comes, just buy a new phone will you? 😈).

Just like removing the 3.5 mm audio connector. From a consumer perspective it's a rather dumb move, but since there's no need for expensive DACs and all it's better for the company. It doesn't necessarily result in a lower manufacturing cost, but if it does I don't think those savings are passed onto the customer.
It's possible that you reply to a post of mine and I don't get notified. If there's something you'd like me to reply to, drop me a line via PM after a couple of days to let me know of the thread ^^.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list