Send PM

[Discussion] battery draining fast!

[ Promote]
158 8 |
22:25, Oct-13-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
|
Go to reply no.
since Oct 5 (or so) my battery is drawing fast. this morning I used the phone about 20 minutes and battery charge fell from about 70% to 20%.   this phone is now almost unusable!!!!  anyone else experiencing this??
Favorite Share

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
14:32, Oct-14-2018 | From PC
|
This post was edited by MopiMopiPopo at 14:33, Oct-14-2018

can confirm my redmi note 4 mtk have the same problem i hope there's a fix for this nonsense my problem is the phone goes overheating while charging and the battery drain while idling

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Quick Discussion

16:07, Oct-14-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
I had problems with various recent updates. I rolled back to global stable 9.2.2.0 and it's much better. I couldn't charge beyond about 78% and had to charge twice a day before. Am using redmi note 4 mtk

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
23:52, Oct-14-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Same here, i do reset factory setting and now back to normal.

Intern Moderator

Credits
Device
Redmi 4X
Online time
202 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxUnlock MedalMi Band 2Mi TV 70Mi HomeMarshmallowAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestMi 5Redmi Note 4Redmi 4XRedmi Note 4X4 Million Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI Forum AppHappy New YearMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersRocket to FutureMIUI 7th AnniversaryPuzzle MasterMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI SpainMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Lucky Friday300K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyMiPopSummer Mi BunnySurpriseStar Of TechnologyMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz10 Million Forum MembersMost Active MIUIer2017 Annual AwardsScroll Of WisdomAndroid ElfMi TalentRingtone ExpertMIUI ExpertUpdates LoverTechnology GuruMr. DependableAndroid GuruMIUI Halloween 2017Mi Lover Medal

09:01, Oct-15-2018 | From Redmi 4X
|
MopiMopiPopo replied at 2018-10-14 07:32
can confirm my redmi note 4 mtk have the same problem i hope there's a fix for this nonsense my prob ...

Heating up while charging and using energy idling is to be expected, that's just how it works.

Now, there are limits in place to prevent overheating, the SoC throttles and the phone charges slower when temperatures are that high (whether those limits are too high or not is another matter though).

When facing quick battery drain the usual suspects are either something keeping the phone awake or using resources in the background, or aging batteries.

Factory resetting the phone can help sometimes, using apps like GSam Battery Monitor to check the things consuming more energy, or AccuBattery to approximate the current battery capacity, could help you locate the source of the problem.
It's possible that you reply to a post of mine and I don't get notified. If there's something you'd like me to reply to, drop me a line via PM after a couple of days to let me know of the thread ^^.

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
18:52, Oct-15-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Aphanic replied at 2018-10-15 09:01
Heating up while charging and using energy idling is to be expected, that's just how it works.

No ...

Nonsens! the thing is that the device is so hot that you cant even touch it. an bartery goes to 0 in few ours without any system or app activity. There is a huge problem with a Rom as i can undersrand. for ex. i do not have even excess to update menu after last 9.6.1 update. and the same problems with cgarge, bettery etc.

Intern Moderator

Credits
Device
Redmi 4X
Online time
202 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxUnlock MedalMi Band 2Mi TV 70Mi HomeMarshmallowAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestMi 5Redmi Note 4Redmi 4XRedmi Note 4X4 Million Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI Forum AppHappy New YearMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersRocket to FutureMIUI 7th AnniversaryPuzzle MasterMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI SpainMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Lucky Friday300K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyMiPopSummer Mi BunnySurpriseStar Of TechnologyMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz10 Million Forum MembersMost Active MIUIer2017 Annual AwardsScroll Of WisdomAndroid ElfMi TalentRingtone ExpertMIUI ExpertUpdates LoverTechnology GuruMr. DependableAndroid GuruMIUI Halloween 2017Mi Lover Medal

03:58, Oct-16-2018 | From PC
|
OlgaGrau replied at 2018-10-15 11:52
Nonsens! the thing is that the device is so hot that you cant even touch it. an bartery goes to 0  ...

Like I said, either something is keeping awake the phone or there's a problem with the battery.

If your battery depletes quickly and you know there's little background activity I'd say the problem lies with the battery. As they age their internal resistances increase, leading to higher temperatures and degraded performance. If they've built up enough internal resistance that they can no longer supply a useful amount of power, they fail and need to be replaced.

What temperature does your phone get to? If you want to see a temperature graph over time Simple Battery Graph may be of help.
It's possible that you reply to a post of mine and I don't get notified. If there's something you'd like me to reply to, drop me a line via PM after a couple of days to let me know of the thread ^^.

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
08:12, Oct-16-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
I have gotten same problem after new update.

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
11:19, Oct-17-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
i can't use due to battery problem.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list