Send PM

[Others] Charging not fast

[ Promote]
87 6 |
18:58, Oct-13-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
|
Go to reply no.
I have the genuine xiaomi charger and the genuine usb cable since I bought the redmi note 4. 2 weeks ago the usb cable was cut and I use a samsung cable but the charging is too slow. I have tried other cables but with the same results. What's wrong;
Favorite Share

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
22:01, Oct-13-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Are you sure the cables are well connected?  The issue seems to be caused by the cable.

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 02:22, Oct-14-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Yes i'm sure. I change 4 cables but the problem still exist..I must try with another genuine cable to see the results..

Intern Moderator

Credits
Device
Redmi 4X
Online time
202 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxUnlock MedalMi Band 2Mi TV 70Mi HomeMarshmallowAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestMi 5Redmi Note 4Redmi 4XRedmi Note 4X4 Million Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI Forum AppHappy New YearMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersRocket to FutureMIUI 7th AnniversaryPuzzle MasterMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI SpainMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Lucky Friday300K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyMiPopSummer Mi BunnySurpriseStar Of TechnologyMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz10 Million Forum MembersMost Active MIUIer2017 Annual AwardsScroll Of WisdomAndroid ElfMi TalentRingtone ExpertMIUI ExpertUpdates LoverTechnology GuruMr. DependableAndroid GuruMIUI Halloween 2017Mi Lover Medal

09:11, Oct-15-2018 | From Redmi 4X
|
You don't need to use the original charger and cable, any decent ones will do (the Note 4 charges at 5v/2A max.)

Generally, thicker cables (or rather thicker conductors inside) are better than thinner ones because they can conduct more current. In the same line, shorter cables are better than longer ones regarding voltage drop.

If the only change you made was the cable, that's likely the problem; but do keep in mind that background apps or phone usage while charging makes it charge slower.
It's possible that you reply to a post of mine and I don't get notified. If there's something you'd like me to reply to, drop me a line via PM after a couple of days to let me know of the thread ^^.

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMIUI Devices ContestMIUI Lucky Friday10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz6 Million Forum Members

09:29, Oct-15-2018 | From Redmi 5 Plus
|
note 4 takes about 2.5hrs zero to hundred

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 14:36, Oct-16-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
so I have news. I tried a genuine xiaomi charger and cable and did not see any improvement. From 35% to 100% wanted 4 hours and 35 minutes, so there is no fault on the cable ... It was probably a coincidence cable change and poor charging performance. So what's the problem? thank you very much for your interest.

Intern Moderator

Credits
Device
Redmi 4X
Online time
202 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxUnlock MedalMi Band 2Mi TV 70Mi HomeMarshmallowAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestMi 5Redmi Note 4Redmi 4XRedmi Note 4X4 Million Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI Forum AppHappy New YearMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersRocket to FutureMIUI 7th AnniversaryPuzzle MasterMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI SpainMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Lucky Friday300K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyMiPopSummer Mi BunnySurpriseStar Of TechnologyMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz10 Million Forum MembersMost Active MIUIer2017 Annual AwardsScroll Of WisdomAndroid ElfMi TalentRingtone ExpertMIUI ExpertUpdates LoverTechnology GuruMr. DependableAndroid GuruMIUI Halloween 2017Mi Lover Medal

23:00, Oct-16-2018 | From Redmi 4X
|
jojomartinni replied at 2018-10-16 07:36
so I have news. I tried a genuine xiaomi charger and cable and did not see any improvement. From 35% ...

If it wasn't the cable we have to look at other things...

Unfortunately the list of possible suspects is rather large: bad network coverage, background app(s) keeping the phone "awake" or waking it up every now and then, enabled radios (WiFi, BT), ... or a combination of several of them, and that's on the software side.

Troubleshooting is tedious and sometimes it's better to just perform a factory reset to have a clean slate and go from there.

For example, I find GSam Battery Monitor useful to know what's using the most energy (although it can't track wakelocks per-app I think).

Checking the battery graph at Settings -> Battery & performance -> Power usage -> [clock icon at the top right] can help you visualize whether the phone wakes up a lot when you're not using it, or the strength of the mobile network you connect to (green = good).

It could also be that the battery is old and it's internal resistance is rather high, but that wouldn't manifest abruptly.
It's possible that you reply to a post of mine and I don't get notified. If there's something you'd like me to reply to, drop me a line via PM after a couple of days to let me know of the thread ^^.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list