Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
46 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMIUI 2016MIUI 81400K Forum MembersMIUI Font LoverMIUI Lucky FridaySuper MondayMIUI Quick DiscussionXiaomi 8th AnniversaryStar Of TechnologyTheme TalentForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomDebate Master

[Feature Request] How to stop another MADDENING feature???

[ Promote]
107 2 |
05:29, Oct-08-2018 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
Since the upgrading to MIUI10, my phone works far WORSE than with MIUI9.

The phone lags a lot when I pull down the notification shade (up to 20 seconds!!!), there are display issues, needs to reboot almost daily.
So far I can surely say that I don't see any progress with MIUI10. It is way underdeveloped, unpolished, slow - so basically the polar opposite of everything Xiaomi has promised.

BUT there is a feature which is the most maddening of all: THE CONSTANT SHUTDOWN CHIME!!!

I'm using my phone with a timed shutoff & power up cycle. With MIUI9 a nitification has appeared when the phone was ready to power down in a couple of seconds. It switched itself off and everything was OK.

With MIUI10, there is an alarm, a chime, a nonsensical, irritating thing to signal me that the phone wants to power down! First, just once, then LOTS OF TIMES!

Guys, can you help me how to stop this insanity? I work through the night usually, so my phone shuts off at 5:30am, but sometimes I forget to switch it off manually, so when I wake up to this shriek, I want to throw the phone against the wall. I was unable to find anything in the menu to deactivate this...

I don't wanna root the phone, and because the sound is the standard notification sound, I won't delete it anyway.

Thanks in advance!

Favorite Share

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
46 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMIUI 2016MIUI 81400K Forum MembersMIUI Font LoverMIUI Lucky FridaySuper MondayMIUI Quick DiscussionXiaomi 8th AnniversaryStar Of TechnologyTheme TalentForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomDebate Master

Author| 06:25, Oct-09-2018 | From PC
|
Browsing the forum, I've found a couple of posts which REQUEST a chime before shutoff... But wait a moment - I am the one who set the time for the scheduled power off, so WHY would I want a chime??? I MUST KNOW BECAUSE I SET IT THAT WAY!

Either way, I have no problem with the "other" side of users, but I have definitely a problem of reined in autocratically, dictatorically with no options to choose from. A simple switch would do: Audible alert for scheduled poweroff  ON - OFF. That's it. Not brain surgery.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
46 Hours
Send PM

Author| 09:41, Oct-12-2018 | From APP
|
Hey, anyone!

I can't believe that everyone is so clueless!

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list