Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 4X
Online time
189 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryOlympics MedalMIUI Forum AppFan Of MIUI RussiaFan Of MIUI FranceMIUI Device TeamScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterTechnology GuruMIUI Halloween 2017Star Of TechnologyMaster Of Technology

[Feature Request] Solutions to disable apps & gapps for non-root & root but plz add this !

[ Promote]
2543 39 |
10:48, Nov-14-2016 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by trahin at 15:21, Mar-30-2017

When installing or updating a global dev/stable rom, 10 googles apps appear !
google, maps, photos, chrome, talkback, hangout, drive, vocal assistant...etc.
Commonly, most of people only use youtube and googleplaystore.
On many smartphones, we can disable others, even if they are system apps but not on Miui roms.
Others providers are able to do that with gapps but not Xiaomi ?
Non-root users must keep it.

See 4 solutions below and vote please.

Do you want miui devs to add possibility to disable them ?
To give permission to disable at less in dev but not in stable, or both.

Think, if you restore this original feature for us, i bet that LESS users will ask to unlock devices !
It is less problems, less work for moderators, less useless threads... it is clever !

- solution 1 with app : for non-root users there is QuickShortcutMaker free in googleplaystore
guides here or there in forum

> in "search", type "installed" and look at "settings", try generally the last of the list and press "try"
> it launches the right setting to disable apps (not all but more than with usual miui settings)

- solution 2 with hidden functions of google playstore : for non-root users too
guide here in forum
> in playstore, go to "help & feedback" under settings
> browse all articles, select uninstall disable and delete
> select tap to go to app settings
> disable it

- solution 3 with app : for non-root users there is "activity launcher" too but it does not work for several roms
guide here in forum

- solution 4 : for root users, see my method here
> check list in my guide to safely remove unwanted apps
> gapps, system apps and ads...

Single-option Poll, 122 members voted
Your User group have no permission to vote
Favorite4 Share

Rated by 11 people   Experience Reason  

Solune + 1 Agreed!
Cetralancien3 + 1 Agreed!
Gaia13 + 1 Great!
binbinio + 5 Agreed!
denemo + 2 Agreed!
SoNik+ + 4 Agreed!
Fidjennie + 1 Agreed!
nyashenka + 1 Great!
IamLegend177 + 2 Great!
1643670361 + 1 Agreed!
2STRONGER2 + 1 Great!

Experience +20  View Rating Log

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 4X
Online time
189 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryOlympics MedalMIUI Forum AppFan Of MIUI RussiaFan Of MIUI FranceMIUI Device TeamScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterTechnology GuruMIUI Halloween 2017Star Of TechnologyMaster Of Technology

Author| 01:00, Nov-15-2016 | From PC
|
In an ideal world, at first launch the system could ask new user for the gapps he wants. A list could appear and we tick what to add but the simplest is to allow the disable option on these apps.

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM

Mi Story Teller

06:58, Nov-22-2016 | From PC
|
This post was edited by tdkl at 23:59, Nov-21-2016

Asking would be too much to change.
I'm fine with the whole suite to be preinstalled, but how about putting them in the /data instead like Facebook and Swiftkey ? This way they can be removed and still reinstalled over the included Play Store or be restored at factory reset - just like Facebook and Swiftkey.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 4X
Online time
189 Hours
Send PM

Author| 18:33, Nov-22-2016 | From APP
|
yes, I think too it could be the easiest way

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S
Online time
197 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFiMi  BunnyMi Power Bank 10000MAH Yi Action CameraMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi TV 70Mijia Story TellerMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Air PurifierUnlock MedalMi HomeMi Selfie StickMi VR HeadsetMagic CubeMi HeadphonesMIUI 2016MIUI 8I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Fantastic!MarshmallowRedmi 3S3 Million Forum MembersMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI RussiaFan Of MIUI FranceMIUI Marathon Medal2100K Forum MembersPuzzle MasterFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Weekly PollCamera Filter Guru MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI Poland1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI ItalyXiaomi 6th Anniversary1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Lucky FridayPokemon Master Medal3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from TurkeyHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI BulgariaSuper TuesdayRocket to FutureMIUI Fan from IndiaSingapore Merlion MedalMIUI Fan From NepalRooster Year of 2017MIUI Fan from MalaysiaThanksgiving DayHappy New Year1 Million Forum App InstallsI Love 2016MIUI 2017Merry ChristmasI Love Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FollowerStar Of TechnologyMIUI ExpertMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfTechnology GuruAndroid GuruHumor MasterForum Contest LoverDie-hard MIUI FanMi TalentScroll Of WisdomApp TalentDebate MasterMaster Of TechnologyMi Story TellerInbox Zero

01:00, Nov-23-2016 | From Redmi 3S
|
Posted by trahin at 01:00, Nov-15-2016
In an ideal world, at first launch the system could ask new user for the gapps he wants. A list coul ...

Yep, I agree. You want more Google apps later? Use Google Play store.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 4X
Online time
189 Hours
Send PM

Author| 03:11, Nov-24-2016 | From PC
|
This post was edited by trahin at 00:27, Nov-24-2016
Pablozz81 replied at 2016-11-22 18:00
Yep, I agree. You want more Google apps later? Use Google Play store.

Yes, i give one example :

youtube sometimes can crash at launch with error 501 or 50x
impossible to repair it : wipe cache/dalvik and cache/data of app
or uninstall all update to the original app, then update again
>>> everything fails !

solution : on rooted device, delete app and re install it by google playstore as a "non-system" app
(on a non-rooted device : no solution !)

If miui devs give us possibility to manage these apps as user apps, it prevents all problems
just let google playstore as a system app

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
78 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi Yi CameraMi VR HeadsetMi HeadphonesMi Selfie StickMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi BandMi Power StripMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi  BunnyMi Water PurifierMijia Story TellerXiaomi 6 LaunchXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!MarshmallowFlashholicMIUI 8MIUI 2016I Love MIUIRedmi 3SRedmi Note 4Redmi 2Redmi Note 3Redmi Note2100K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasMIUI World TourMIUI 20171 Million Forum App InstallsMi Live MedalI Love 2016MIUI Forum AppPokemon Master MedalHappy New Year1500K Forum Members3 Million Forum App InstallsHappy Valentine's DayRooster Year of 2017Rocket to FutureMIUI Monthly TalkSuper Saturday300K Forum MembersPuzzle MasterMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 9Camera Filter Guru MedalGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopI Love Mi BunnyUpdates LoverForum Contest LoverMIUI FollowerMi TalentAndroid GuruAndroid ElfApp TalentApp TalentScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterMIUI Medals CollectorDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI ExpertMaster Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalMi Story TellerTechnology GuruStar Of Technology

13:56, Nov-30-2016 | From Redmi Note 3
|

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S
Online time
197 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFiMi  BunnyMi Power Bank 10000MAH Yi Action CameraMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi TV 70Mijia Story TellerMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Air PurifierUnlock MedalMi HomeMi Selfie StickMi VR HeadsetMagic CubeMi HeadphonesMIUI 2016MIUI 8I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Fantastic!MarshmallowRedmi 3S3 Million Forum MembersMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI RussiaFan Of MIUI FranceMIUI Marathon Medal2100K Forum MembersPuzzle MasterFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Weekly PollCamera Filter Guru MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI Poland1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI ItalyXiaomi 6th Anniversary1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Lucky FridayPokemon Master Medal3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from TurkeyHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI BulgariaSuper TuesdayRocket to FutureMIUI Fan from IndiaSingapore Merlion MedalMIUI Fan From NepalRooster Year of 2017MIUI Fan from MalaysiaThanksgiving DayHappy New Year1 Million Forum App InstallsI Love 2016MIUI 2017Merry ChristmasI Love Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FollowerStar Of TechnologyMIUI ExpertMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfTechnology GuruAndroid GuruHumor MasterForum Contest LoverDie-hard MIUI FanMi TalentScroll Of WisdomApp TalentDebate MasterMaster Of TechnologyMi Story TellerInbox Zero

14:10, Nov-30-2016 | From Redmi 3S
|
definitely yes. User could choose which Google apps want to use himself.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 4X
Online time
189 Hours
Send PM

Author| 19:05, Nov-30-2016 | From APP
|

yes, i saw this thread
personally I don't care cause I have root but I think at all others and they shouldn't install any third app to have a normal native function.
why the disable button is locked for these apps ?
in theory, miui is better built than others but THIS goes especially in the wrong way : it makes rom heavier and battery lighter
don't worry devs. we have the play store if we need more gapps than the store and YouTube.

Credits
Device
Redmi 3
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
07:56, Dec-08-2016 | From PC
|
Bloodbath77 replied at 2016-11-30 13:56
here is your answer : http://en.miui.com/thread-422497-1-1.html

Thanks but i agree with author, it could be native !

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list