Administrator

Credits
Device
Mi3
MIUI Version
Online time
1344 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 6Hilal Ramadan Android GuruClass A Beta TeamMIUI Beta Team VIPMIUI Medals CollectorListed in Official Download PageStar Bug Finder100k Forum MembersMr. Post the MostMIUI News TeamMIUI 3rd AnniversaryAwesome!Primary beta testerOTA FeedbackMIUI Porting TeamMIUI FollowerI love MIUIMr. DependablePioneer of MIUI English Forum I love Mi Bunny

Porting Plan for MIUI V4 Based on CM9

[ Promote]
1699 13 |
11:39, Jun-05-2013
| |
|
Go to reply no.
201315f9clvl1t7lt1evbp.png

This thread was posted on April 3, 2013 at MIUI Chinese Forum. Although it has been a while, we believe this can still be pretty useful for many MIUIers. So we reposted it in our forum. Please reply to let us know what do you think. {:1_1:}

Hi,MIUIers. In the last two weeks, we’ve presented you with MIUI V5 ported by co-developers, and spread V5 to a greater range. This week, you’ll get a tutorial and source code for the porting of MIUI V4 based on CM9, and it will be a more wonderful experience.

You may say that V4 is outdated, and now it’s the era of V5. Here I’d like to explain why we chose V4 instead of V5 for this plan. First, in comparison with that of V5, the source code of V4 is fairly stable after several months’ update and maintenance. Second,CM9’s code is also stable, and won’t have any major modification done on its framework. Our purpose is to help you master the porting plan as soon as possible, therefore, our priority is stability.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for a life time. For this reason, we want to help more people learn to port MIUI, and help more MIUIers use the ROM ported by themselves.

There’re two reasons why we open sourced this part of code. The first is to help more MIUIers learn about the process of porting, and port MIUI more easily by themselves. The second and the main reason is to provide an example to those having trouble in porting.We believe that this set of code can help more people learn to port MIUI.

If you have any problem in using this plan,please tell us in Micode Forum. We’ll answer your questions on a fixed time every day.
Forum Address:
http://micode.net/forum-59-1.html

ps: Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any problem. :)

Please see the topic post in Micode Forum for the porting plan.
Address: http://micode.net/thread-339-1-1.html

Let’s pay respect to open source!

via: MIUI Chinese Forum
Favorite

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi3
MIUI Version
Online time
853 Hours
Send PM

Most Active MIUIerMost Popular Forum UserMI 3100k Forum MembersMIUI Wallpaper ContestMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI 20 Million UsersStar of Themes90000 Forum MembersI love Mi BunnyI love MIUIOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum

11:57, Jun-05-2013
|
Very useful!! Thank you!

Super moderator

I keep an eye on you...

Credits
Device
Galaxy Note3
MIUI Version
Online time
1031 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 50 Million UsersAndroid GuruMIUI 30 Million UsersMerry Christmas 2013MIUI English Forum 2013Listed in Official Download PageMost Popular Porting Developer100k Forum MembersMIUI Wallpaper ContestMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI 20 Million UsersSuper Moderator90000 Forum MembersAwesome!Pioneer of MIUI English Forum I love MIUIMIUI FollowerI love Mi BunnyOTA FeedbackMIUI Porting Team

12:07, Jun-05-2013
|
this is a good start and v4 for this is already stable.

thank you

Credits
Device
Mi3
MIUI Version
Online time
666 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 4th AnniversaryHilal Ramadan Mi WiFi RouterMi KeyRedmi NoteMIUI 50 Million UsersAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatRedmiMI 2Fan of MIUI UKMIUI Fan from IndonesiaMIUI 30 Million UsersMerry Christmas 2013MIUI English Forum 2013MIUI Medals CollectorMI 3100k Forum MembersMIUI Wallpaper ContestMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI ExpertMIUI V5 ReviewStar of Themes90000 Forum MembersAwesome!OTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum I love MIUIMIUI FollowerI love Mi Bunny

12:13, Jun-05-2013
|
That's a great step !!! Thanks

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Others
MIUI Version
Online time
120 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMI 3100k Forum MembersMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI 20 Million UsersAwesome!Pioneer of MIUI English Forum I love MIUIMIUI FollowerI love Mi Bunny

12:46, Jun-05-2013
|
thanks admin...
If you wanna fly high, you got to give up the shit that weigh you down.

Administrator

Credits
Device
Mi3
MIUI Version
Online time
1344 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 6Hilal Ramadan Android GuruClass A Beta TeamMIUI Beta Team VIPMIUI Medals CollectorListed in Official Download PageStar Bug Finder100k Forum MembersMr. Post the MostMIUI News TeamMIUI 3rd AnniversaryAwesome!Primary beta testerOTA FeedbackMIUI Porting TeamMIUI FollowerI love MIUIMr. DependablePioneer of MIUI English Forum I love Mi Bunny

Author| 13:31, Jun-05-2013
|
Reply ilovepunkmusic Add Thread

Glad to help. :)

Administrator

Credits
Device
Mi3
MIUI Version
Online time
1344 Hours
Send PM

Author| 13:31, Jun-05-2013
|
Reply asrock37 Add Thread

We'll try to do more. {:1_1:}

Administrator

Credits
Device
Mi3
MIUI Version
Online time
1344 Hours
Send PM

Author| 13:32, Jun-05-2013
|
Reply shahzad Add Thread

:loveliness:

Administrator

Credits
Device
Mi3
MIUI Version
Online time
1344 Hours
Send PM

Author| 13:32, Jun-05-2013
|

Platinum Member

#miuilove

Credits
Device
Mi3
MIUI Version
Online time
251 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Fan From PhilippinesMerry Christmas 2013Fan of MIUI ItalyMI 3100k Forum MembersMIUI Wallpaper ContestMIUI News TeamMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI 20 Million UsersAwesome!Pioneer of MIUI English Forum I love Mi BunnyI love MIUIStar MIUI News Team MemberOTA FeedbackMIUI Follower

15:48, Jun-05-2013
|
This is actually a good start for MIUI.
read MIUI FORUM RULES AND GUIDELINES and USE the SEARCH button before posting

stock icons ||  joshuatumanda.com

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list