Super moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 4
Online time
1407 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi VRMi BandMi HeadphonesMi Selfie StickMi Kids WatchUnlock MedalMagic CubeMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 8MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 7MIUI 2016Redmi Note 4Mi 4cXiaomi Mi 4MIUI 300 Weeks1700K Forum Members1st AnniversaryHappy DiwaliOlympics Medal1400K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersUEFA EURO Medal5 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From BrazilPokemon Master Medal1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Forum App3 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdayMIUI PSuper WednesdayWomen's Day MedalCamera Filter Guru MedalFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 93500K Forum MembersSuper TuesdayMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 201710 Million Forum PostsRocket to FutureThanksgiving DayMi Live MedalMIUI Weekly PollRooster Year of 2017I Love 2016Happy New Year3 Million Forum App Installs1 Million Forum App InstallsGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi Bunny2017 Annual Awards25 Million StrongMIUI 8th AnniversaryGold Super ModeratorDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI SuperstarXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI Medals CollectorWallpaper ExpertAndroid GuruMi Bunny Game Master Redmi Quiz MasterMIUI Device ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMaster Of TechnologyMi Story TellerStar Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerMr. DependableMIUI ExpertTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfForum Contest LoverInbox ZeroHumor MasterScroll Of WisdomMi TalentYouth Pledge

[Weekly Poll] [MIUI Weekly Poll #95] Should Phones Enable Storage Encryption by Default?

[ Promote]
24447 353 |
04:53, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.

Greetings MIUI'ers,

Welcome to the 95th edition of the MIUI Weekly Poll. Last week we discussed "[MIUI Weekly Poll #94] What Do You Care Most Before Buying A Smartphone?".

Here are the poll results.

Screenshot from 2018-09-16 21-07-02.png

Some of the best replies:
Build look and OS. eg. i use xiaomi because of MiUI. There was a day, i had to use MiUI custom ROM's in Samsung Galaxy S2 😂
There are 2 main basic requirement for me to chose which smartphone to buy. The phone may be the cheapest & even fastest; I will not buy if the the camera is inferior & when talking; the receiption is full of echo. These are the 2 areas which we cannot correct ourselves. I cannot imagine anyone could bear continue using such phones. Of course there are many other areas to look for but with these basic requirement in place, half your battle has been won.  As far as Xiaomi is concerned,  looks like you have everything on your plate, except you need to work harder on your Camera.
Battery,Camera, and Processor. also wish xiaomi to give remi 2 Os updates instead on 1. came out with oreo. so pie will recieve later.. but we need one more android Q then end update OS cycle.

This week let's discuss "Should Phones Enable Storage Encryption by Default?"

encryption_hero-650x300.jpg

First what is device encryption and why should you care? Encrypting your data means that any data stored on the storage of the device is stored in a form that can only be read once the device is unlocked.

Screenshot_2018-09-16-21-32-54-635_com.android.settings.png

Encryption is to protect your data stored on the device in case the device is lost or stolen.

Encryption does tend to slow your device down as well as recovering your data is more difficult if something goes wrong with your device.

Android-encryption-1.jpg

It is possible to remove the encryption again but to remove the encryption from the device, the device has to be reset to factory defaults.

So what is your thinking, is the best option for your data encryption? Is it worth the hassle or a waste of time or is there a better more secure or efficient method to secure your data?

Should Phones Enable Storage Encryption by Default?
Take part in the below poll and let us know your choice!

20 best replies will receive the MIUI Weekly Poll medal.

Previous 5 polls:

Special thanks to @candicesu for Banner & Medal, thanks to @sepneela and @rahul_09 for helping.
Always believe something wonderful is about to happen.
Single-option Poll, 886 members voted
65.35% 579
24.49% 217
10.16% 90
Your User group have no permission to vote
Favorite8 Share

Rated by 16 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

SMRout + 1 Agreed!
DJStatikVX + 10 + 5 Great!
WoonMunChong + 1 Awesome!
blackfirefly434 + 10 + 5 Agreed!
5630470 + 4 Fantastic!
perepugun + 1 Great!
Shindury + 2 Fantastic!
srksrao + 2 Thanks!
chgbhat + 4 Great!
jaydeep0714 + 1 Awesome!
hearthekker + 4 Fantastic!
colaus + 5 Great!
dobriy_putnik + 2 Thanks!
skbddn + 10 Great!
sepneela + 10 + 5 Fantastic!
candicesu + 10 Awesome!

Experience +77  Prestige +15  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!MIUI Lucky FridaySuper MondayForum Contest LoverMIUI Quick Discussion

11:35, Sep-17-2018 | From POCO F1
|
I feel like use should be given the option to choose whether he wants encryption or not. Because some people think there data is important and some like me doesn't care 😋

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 5
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalAwesome!Mid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Lucky FridaySuper MondayMIUI Forum AppSummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI 8th Anniversary10 Million Forum MembersForum Contest LoverMaster Of TechnologyMi DropDual CameraMIUI 10MIUI Weekly Devices QuizDiscuss Here

11:51, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 5 Plus
|
that will be a very good option as a new security system. most of the time people may lost control over their phone and cant secure their data in a proficient way. default encryption will be a good option for that situation
KB Tonmoy

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Mi T-ShirtMi HomeMi WiFi RouterMijia Smart ShoesMi BandMi Power BankUnlock MedalNinety Degree LuggageMi  BunnyAnTuTuAwesome!MIUI SSuper Saturday2 Million Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Marathon MedalSuper MondayHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI World TourMIUI PMid-Autumn FestivalFan Of MIUI IndiaPuzzle MasterSuper SundayXiaomi 6th AnniversaryRocket to FutureSummer Mi BunnyMIUI Halloween 2017Mi DropHeart to HeartHumor Master6 Million Forum MembersMIUI 10Discuss HereScroll Of WisdomAndroid ElfMost Active MIUIer9 Million Forum MembersStar Of TechnologyMIUI Weekly Devices QuizSurpriseXiaomi 8th AnniversaryForum Contest LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum 25 Million StrongMi TalentMIUI 8th AnniversaryMi Lover Medal10 Million Forum MembersMIUI KingMIUI Quick DiscussionMaster Of Technology

11:51, Sep-17-2018 | From Mi Max 2
|
Phones should enable storage encryption by default. Data protection or encryption is vital in the event that the device is stolen or lost. I definitely opin that it's worth to reset to factory defaults. Our data in the storage is our secret which we don't pay much attention to. It must not fall to any irresponsible party. As long as the data is secured it's worth the hassle to have it reset to the factory defaults.🙊

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMijia Smart ShoesMi T-ShirtUnlock MedalAwesome!MIUI Forum AppHappy Valentine's DaySuper MondayXiaomi 6th AnniversaryPuzzle MasterMIUI World TourMIUI Fan From IndonesiaDiscuss HereMIUI Halloween 2017MIUI Halloween 2018Humor MasterMi TalentMIUI Weekly Devices QuizXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI KingForum Contest LoverDual CameraMIUI 8th AnniversaryMIUI 10

11:59, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 4X
|
NO, because "recovering your data is more difficult if something goes wrong with your device"

MIUI Resources Team

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
Online time
407 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Unlock MedalMijia Qi CycleYi Action CameraMi WiFi Router MiniMi Band 2Mi VRMi Power BankMi KeyMi BandMagic CubeMi VR HeadsetMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi TV 70Mi BoxNinebot MiniMi MIXMi ScaleMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi HomeMi  BunnyMi WiFi RouterMijia Smart ShoesXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!MIUI 2015MIUI 7MIUI 8FlashholicAnTuTuFantastic!MarshmallowMIUI 2016Mi Pad4 Million Forum MembersMi 4iRedmi Note 2Mi TVXiaomi Mi 41500K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky Friday1400K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryOlympics Medal1800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI 300 WeeksMi Live Medal1700K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppPokemon Master MedalHappy Valentine's DayMid-Autumn FestivalFan of MIUI MyanmarMIUI 5th Anniversary700K Forum Members800K Forum MembersWomen's Day MedalHappy Singles' Day1st AnniversaryMIUI S2 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from India1300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Fan From Vietnam5 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 6th AnniversaryDiwali 1 Million Forum MembersUEFA EURO MedalFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Happy Medal3 Million Forum MembersSuper FridayMIUI World TourSuper SundaySuper ThursdayFan Of MIUI FranceSuper MondayMIUI 2017Super TuesdayPuzzle MasterSurge S1Rocket to FutureSuper WednesdayFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesCamera Filter Guru MedalMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI PMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 9300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI AustraliaMIUI Font LoverMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupHappy New YearSuper SaturdayMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI Italy1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Marathon MedalI Love 2016Thanksgiving Day2100K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaRooster Year of 2017Happy DiwaliFan Of MIUI SpainMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI Poland1900K Forum MembersMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMaster Of TechnologyAndroid GuruSurpriseMIUI SuperstarBlack SharkNougat5 Million Forum MembersRingtone ExpertTechnology GuruOreoQuick SurveyStar WarsXiaomi 8th Anniversary9 Million Forum MembersMIUI Halloween 2017Mi DropMIUI 10Discuss HereMIUI ExpertHeart to HeartMIUI Halloween 2018Dual Camera6 Million Forum MembersYouth PledgeMIUI Twitter Follower2017 Annual AwardsMIUI 8th AnniversaryMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FollowerMIUI Quick DiscussionAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomOTA FeedbackMi Story TellerApp TalentDie-hard MIUI FanHumor MasterMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMIUI Medals CollectorRingtone TalentInbox ZeroDebate MasterApp TalentMIUI FB FollowerUpdates LoverMost Active MIUIerTheme TalentMr. Dependable8 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMi Lover MedalMi TalentMi Bunny Game Master Ringtone Star Star Of TechnologyWallpaper ExpertPioneer of MIUI English Forum Forum Contest Lover

12:31, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
So if I encrypt my phone all that data is safe behind my lockscreen? Seems like all my data would already be safe behind my lockscreen because that's what the lockscreen is for. Redundancy. I think OEMs just need to make sure to stay up to date with our security measures. Under the Display Fingerprints scanners are a must and keeping facial recognition at the top of its game is a must. Beyond that I don't think you're actually making yourself any safer.

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Devices ContestSuper SundayMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 9MIUI SWomen's Day MedalDiscuss HereApp StarXiaomi 8th Anniversary6 Million Forum Members

14:01, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Just let me choose which data to encrypt. Or even better, train the AI you waste to recognize objects in the camera, to recognize sensitive data.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4i
Online time
44 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMagic CubeMi VRMi  BunnyMi Band 2Mi TV 70Mi BandMIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI Happy MedalMIUI SDiwali MIUI Fan From IndonesiaRooster Year of 2017MIUI 9Happy New YearMIUI 2017MIUI 6th AnniversaryWomen's Day MedalMIUI Lucky FridaySuper ThursdaySuper TuesdayI Love 2016Rocket to Future6 Million Forum MembersForum Contest LoverMIUI 10Star WarsXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI Weekly Devices QuizSurprise2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Medals CollectorDebate MasterUpdates LoverScroll Of WisdomAndroid ElfStar Of TechnologyTechnology GuruDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI KingAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat

14:20, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
For me, the most important thing is not encrypting the phone, but securing phone, app and it's network traffic by limiting correct rights for app is the most important one

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Super MondayMIUI Lucky Friday

15:52, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 5 Plus
|
encryption is good for a lot of programs, but I don't feel like everything should be encrypted

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
66 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMijia Smart ShoesMi  BunnyMi WiFi RouterNinebot MiniNinety Degree LuggageUnlock MedalMi HomeMi BandMi T-ShirtAnTuTuI Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!MIUI Happy MedalMIUI World TourSuper SaturdayHappy Singles' DayMIUI Weekly PollMIUI SMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Forum AppMIUI Marathon MedalSuper MondayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy Valentine's DayMid-Autumn Festival2 Million Forum MembersMIUI PXiaomi 6th Anniversary1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan from TurkeyRocket to FuturePuzzle MasterFan Of MIUI IndiaSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopMIUI Halloween 2018Mi TalentHeart to HeartHumor MasterDual CameraMi DropDebate MasterMIUI 10Scroll Of WisdomDiscuss HereMIUI 8th AnniversaryStar Of TechnologyMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz5 Million Forum MembersMIUI KingMi Lover Medal9 Million Forum MembersSurpriseBlack SharkMIUI Quick DiscussionForum Contest LoverOTA FeedbackIndia Independence Day10 Million Forum MembersMaster Of TechnologyStar WarsXiaomi 8th AnniversaryAndroid ElfEvaluator RepMIUI Superstar6 Million Forum Members

15:53, Sep-17-2018 | From POCO F1
|
It's not a choice, it's a must for every phone manufacturers.
Even you'll lost your data when you forgot your password, it's better that way.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth HeadsetMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIAnTuTuMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Forum AppSuper Monday100k Forum MembersMIUI 2017MiPopMIUI 8th AnniversaryMIUI 10MIUI Halloween 2018Mi Lover MedalStar Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI ExpertForum Contest LoverMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Bunny Game Master 7 Million Forum Members

16:53, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi Note 3
|
i think i must have a choice.
it is must be disable by default or at first start user can have a choice for this

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 5A
Online time
11 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterUnlock MedalAwesome!MIUI SMIUI Forum AppMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Marathon MedalHappy Valentine's DayPuzzle MasterSuper MondayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMiPopSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Discuss HereHumor MasterMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMi TalentMIUI 8th Anniversary10 Million Forum MembersMaster Of TechnologyAndroid Elf6 Million Forum MembersMIUI 10

17:17, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 5A
|
Encryption is a must. Better to safe than sorry. But I wish in miui, lock screen password is different with the encryption password

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Forum AppSuper MondayMIUI 10

17:46, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 5 Plus
|
is not a waste of time, but also not a must. it depends on the user and their requirements for how they use their phone and the data they keep, the importance it has for that user, or its confidentiality. everyone has different requirements therefore an option is the best way forward

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Discuss Here

20:33, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi Note 5
|
encryption is a must it helps keep your information safe but at the same time you should also be able to choose between types of encryption. I feel that I should have the choice of how I encrypt not my os or the manufacturer of my device

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM

Mi TV 70Mijia Story TellerMi HomeUnlock MedalMi BandMi VR HeadsetMi Band 2Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMagic CubeFantastic!MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestRedmi Note 3MIUI Lucky FridayWomen's Day MedalMIUI 9Super MondayMIUI Forum AppDiwali Super WednesdayMIUI Marathon Medal1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017Rooster Year of 2017Thanksgiving DayI Love 20162100K Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalMiPopMIUI Halloween 2018MIUI 10Forum Contest LoverAndroid ElfMIUI FollowerMIUI KingStar Of TechnologyMi Lover Medal

21:11, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
Encryption should be an option for each user.
I think that a good lock screen/password and a backup to a external device or cloud should be suficient.
For me, will be a problem if my alarm doesn't ring on the morning if the phone's turn off for some reason (except no battery)  and else i don't want to slow down my phone..

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Online time
142 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeUnlock MedalNinebot MiniMi WiFi RouterMi T-ShirtMi Power BankMijia Smart ShoesMi  BunnyNinety Degree LuggageMi BandAwesome!AnTuTuI Love MIUISuper SaturdayMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI World TourMIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy Valentine's DaySuper MondayMIUI SFan Of MIUI IndiaSuper Sunday2 Million Forum MembersRocket to FutureXiaomi 6th Anniversary1st AnniversaryPuzzle MasterMIUI PScroll Of WisdomMIUI 10Mi Lover MedalXiaomi 8th AnniversaryDebate MasterHumor MasterMIUI FollowerHeart to HeartMIUI Halloween 20188 Million Forum MembersAndroid GuruDiscuss HereMIUI 8th Anniversary10 Million Forum MembersAndroid Elf9 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI KingSurpriseMIUI Quick DiscussionMaster Of TechnologyStar WarsStar Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverMi Talent6 Million Forum Members

21:14, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
Yes... because we'll never know what might happen. If we loose our phones specially to thieves then we not only loose our phone but also the valuable information about us as well. If it's encrypted then we can sleep soundly.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi Note 3
Online time
325 Hours
Send PM

Mi MIXMi VRMijia Smart ShoesMi Power BankMi T-ShirtMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Yi CameraUnlock MedalMi  BunnyMi BandMi KeyMi WiFi RouterXiaomi 6 LaunchMijia Story TellerMijia Qi CycleMi HomeMi Band 2Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8Fantastic!MIUI 7MIUI 2016I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 6FlashholicMIUI Devices ContestMi 5Mi 4iMi 2Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi Note 4XRedmi Note 34 Million Forum MembersMi 5sMi 3Mi 4SRedmi Note 2MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI World TourThanksgiving DayMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Fan from India1 Million Forum MembersFan of MIUI MyanmarFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy New Year1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan from TurkeyHappy Valentine's DayAtaturk MourningHappy Singles' DayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaPuzzle Master300K Forum MembersDiwali MIUI Happy MedalMerry ChristmasSuper WednesdaySuper SaturdayFan Of MIUI UkraineSuper MondaySurge S1MIUI Fan From NepalI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI 2017Rocket to FutureRooster Year of 2017500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 9MIUI Font LoverSuper TuesdayMIUI Forum AppHilal Ramadan Mi Live Medal3500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI ItalyFan Of MIUI PolandPokemon Master MedalMIUI 300 WeeksMiPopI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI ReviewMi 5X10 Million Forum MembersTheme TalentMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Halloween 2018Heart to HeartMIUI Weekly Devices QuizDiscuss HereForum Contest LoverMIUI 8th AnniversaryMost Active MIUIerMi TalentMi Bunny Game Master Scroll Of WisdomSurpriseAndroid Elf6 Million Forum MembersMIUI 10MIUI Twitter FollowerXiaomi 8th AnniversaryIndia Independence DayAndroid GuruYouth PledgeMIUI FollowerMIUI FB FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI ExpertApp TalentMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatInbox ZeroApp TalentStar Of TechnologyTechnology GuruDebate MasterOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Halloween 2017MIUI G+ FollowerStar Of IconsMi Story TellerUpdates LoverMi Lover MedalMIUI Global Forum 2014

21:33, Sep-17-2018 | From Mi 5s
|
no, just an option not must..we can use micloud access for encryption or reset phone if our device lost or stolen, if encryption automatic by lockscreen i think we need more ram and proccessor iddle activity to proccess..

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 5 Plus
Online time
75 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalAnTuTuMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Marathon MedalSuper MondayMIUI PSuper SundayMIUI Quick DiscussionDiscuss HereSurpriseMi Lover MedalForum Contest LoverMi TalentMIUI Weekly Devices QuizXiaomi 8th AnniversaryAndroid Elf9 Million Forum Members

21:38, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
I don't think it should be a default option because it makes things complicated for many users, but it needs to be in a more obvious place to find for security concerned people...

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM

Ninebot MiniYi Action CameraMi HomeMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMagic CubeMi WiFi RouterMi Notebook AirMi  BunnyMi BandMijia Smart ShoesMi Power BankMi T-ShirtMi MIXUnlock MedalNinety Degree LuggageMi Bluetooth HeadsetMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIFantastic!Awesome!FlashholicAnTuTuMIUI 50 Million Users10 Million Forum PostsHappy New YearMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI SMIUI PPuzzle Master2 Million Forum MembersSuper SaturdayHappy Singles' DayHappy Valentine's Day5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper SundayMid-Autumn FestivalSuper MondayMIUI 9MIUI World TourMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Forum App1st AnniversaryRocket to FutureMIUI Lucky FridayGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopDiscuss HereStar Of TechnologyHeart to HeartMIUI KingMi DropMIUI 8th AnniversaryHumor Master6 Million Forum MembersMIUI 10Android Elf10 Million Forum MembersMaster Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomOTA FeedbackMIUI Quick DiscussionTechnology GuruMIUI Weekly Devices QuizTheme TalentAndroid Guru8 Million Forum MembersMIUI Halloween 2017Mi Lover Medal2017 Annual Awards7 Million Forum MembersMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FollowerMr. DependableStar WarsNougatSurpriseMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverApp StarBlack SharkMIUI Superstar5 Million Forum MembersDebate MasterQuick SurveyOreoMi TalentMi Story TellerXiaomi 8th Anniversary9 Million Forum Members

22:46, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Unless you have top secret data or private stuff not want to be seen or read by anyone (that first of all, a hand-held device shouldn't be used to store really important things), the encryption it's a waste of time because if you lost your device or was stolen, the next user it's going to erase all the data from it to try to make it usable again.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 5
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM

Ninebot MiniMi HomeMi WiFi RouterUnlock MedalMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Forum AppMIUI Marathon MedalSuper MondayMIUI Happy MedalPuzzle MasterMIUI Fan From IndonesiaScroll Of WisdomDiscuss HereSurpriseMIUI 10MIUI Weekly Devices QuizAndroid Elf10 Million Forum MembersMIUI Quick DiscussionMIUI 8th Anniversary

23:22, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 5
|
Complete waste of time. If you have something private for you on your phone, you already make the mistake. Don't store private data on your phone storage!

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
60 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesMIUI 6Awesome!FlashholicI Love MIUIMi 3Fan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Fan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSingapore BirthdayMIUI Lucky FridaySuper MondayMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan from MalaysiaHilal Ramadan MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 100 Million UsersDiwali Fan MIUI PhilippinesHappy Singles' Day300K Forum Members700K Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 5th AnniversaryAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FollowerMIUI FB FollowerMIUI 10Most Active MIUIerHumor MasterDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat6 Million Forum MembersOTA Feedback

15:47, Sep-20-2018 | From APP
|
Disabled by default and let the users decide. This is our phone so let the decision on us, gasp on very pros and cons. Our phone is part of our daily lives and nowadays we used our phones for we important files. If their goes wrong, it difficult to retrieve our precious files.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
284 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Selfie StickYi Action CameraMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi WiFiMagic CubeMi HeadphonesNinebot MiniMijia VR Play 2Mi VRXiaomi 6 LaunchMi BandMi HomeMijia Smart ShoesMi Notebook AirMi Power BankMi T-ShirtNinety Degree LuggageMi Band 2Unlock MedalMi Power StripMi Water PurifierMi  BunnyMi TV 70Mijia Story TellerMi VR HeadsetMi BoxMi Kids WatchMi ScaleMi Bluetooth HeadsetMijia Smart PTZ CameraXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8I Love MIUIMarshmallowMIUI 2016Awesome!MIUI Devices ContestAnTuTuFlashholicFantastic!Redmi Note 3Redmi Note 4Redmi 4XMi TVMi 4iMIUI 2017Happy New YearAtaturk MourningFan Of MIUI Russia1 Million Forum App InstallsMerry Christmas3 Million Forum App Installs1st AnniversaryFan Of MIUI ItalyHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Monthly TalkMIUI PFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Drawing TalentRooster Year of 20171500K Forum Members1900K Forum MembersMIUI SFan Of MIUI PolandHappy DiwaliMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan from Turkey2 Million Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Marathon MedalFan Of MIUI GreeceXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI World TourCamera Filter Guru MedalMIUI Weekly PollI Love 2016Thanksgiving DaySuper SaturdayMIUI Font Lover90000 Forum MembersMIUI Fan From MyanmarHappy Holi MedalMIUI Forum App3 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdayMIUI Happy Medal5 Million Forum App Installs300K Forum MembersDiwali MIUI 9500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupXiaomi 5th Anniversary3500K Forum MembersSuper SundayMIUI Fan From Philippines10 Million Forum PostsRingolicious MedalMIUI Fan From NepalSuper TuesdaySuper FridaySingapore Merlion MedalSuper WednesdayRocket to FutureSurge S1MIUI Fan from IndiaPuzzle MasterSuper MondayWomen's Day MedalGamer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewDie-hard MIUI Fan5 Million Forum MembersMIUI FB FollowerSurpriseMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeBlack SharkMaster Of Technology8 Million Forum MembersNougatQuick Survey6 Million Forum MembersTheme TalentXiaomi 8th Anniversary9 Million Forum MembersOTA FeedbackMIUI Weekend GiveawayDiscuss HereMi DropIndia Independence DayHeart to HeartMIUI 10Mi Bunny Game Master MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMost Active MIUIerApp TalentEvaluator RepMIUI 8th AnniversaryAndroid ElfPioneer of MIUI English Forum Mr. DependableMi Story TellerMIUI SuperstarMIUI Halloween 2017Android GuruHumor MasterInbox ZeroMi TalentApp TalentMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI KingTechnology GuruMIUI FollowerMIUI Weekly Devices QuizUpdates Lover2017 Annual AwardsScroll Of WisdomDebate Master7 Million Forum MembersStar WarsMIUI Quick DiscussionMi Lover MedalMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI ExpertYouth PledgeMost Popular Forum UserForum Contest LoverStar Of Technology

10:57, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
Yes encryption is a must!

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
Online time
966 Hours
Send PM

Mi T-ShirtMi WiFi RouterNinebot MiniMi Power BankMijia Smart ShoesMi BandMi  BunnyMi HomeYi Action CameraMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi Bluetooth HeadsetUnlock MedalAnTuTuMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIAwesome!Fan Of MIUI IndiaRocket to FutureXiaomi 6th AnniversaryPuzzle MasterMIUI Fan from TurkeySuper Sunday2 Million Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMIUI Marathon MedalSuper MondayHappy Valentine's DayMIUI SSuper SaturdayMIUI World Tour1st AnniversaryMIUI PHappy Singles' Day5 Million Forum App Installs10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Oreo6 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices QuizNougatStar WarsIndia Independence DayMaster Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanDiscuss HereHumor MasterMIUI Halloween 2018Heart to HeartScroll Of WisdomMi DropForum Contest LoverTheme TalentMIUI 10MIUI 8th AnniversaryAndroid Elf9 Million Forum Members7 Million Forum Members8 Million Forum MembersDebate MasterBlack SharkMIUI SuperstarSurprise5 Million Forum MembersApp StarMIUI Quick DiscussionXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMi Story TellerAndroid GuruMIUI Follower10 Million Forum MembersMIUI FB FollowerOTA FeedbackMi TalentStar Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalMIUI KingEvaluator Rep

11:03, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
Should be added these days...

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Mi T-ShirtMijia 360° Panoramic CameraYi Action CameraMi BandMi Power BankUnlock MedalI Love MIUIMIUI Fan From IndonesiaPuzzle MasterHappy Singles' DayMIUI Lucky FridaySuper SaturdayMIUI Weekly PollMIUI PMIUI SSuper MondayMIUI 9Super SundayMIUI Happy MedalHappy Valentine's DayMid-Autumn FestivalRocket to FuturePioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI 10MIUI 8th Anniversary10 Million Forum MembersMaster Of TechnologyXiaomi 8th AnniversaryAndroid GuruMi Lover MedalMIUI FollowerMIUI Weekly Devices QuizAndroid ElfBlack SharkMi Story TellerMIUI SuperstarStar Wars8 Million Forum MembersDebate MasterSurprise

11:07, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 5A
|
it could be a nice feature

Supreme Member

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
Online time
144 Hours
Send PM

Mijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi Notebook AirMi BandMagic CubeUnlock MedalMi BoxMi MIXMi  BunnyMijia Smart ShoesMi HomeNinety Degree LuggageNinebot MiniMi WiFi RouterMi Power BankMi T-ShirtMi TV 70Yi Action CameraMi Kids WatchMi Bluetooth HeadsetFantastic!FlashholicMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!I Love MIUIAnTuTuMi TVMi MIXHappy Singles' DayMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI IndiaSuper SundayMIUI Forum App2 Million Forum MembersSuper SaturdayMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI SMIUI Fan From Indonesia5 Million Forum App Installs10 Million Forum PostsSuper MondayMIUI Weekly PollPuzzle MasterMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 50 Million Users1st AnniversaryMIUI 9Rocket to FutureMerry ChristmasHappy Valentine's DayMIUI World TourXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI PMIUI Happy MedalMid-Autumn FestivalHappy New YearWomen's Day MedalGamer Mi BunnyMiPopSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Die-hard MIUI FanHeart to HeartDiscuss Here25 Million StrongPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterScroll Of WisdomMIUI Halloween 2018Mi DropIndia Independence Day10 Million Forum MembersMIUI Medals Collector7 Million Forum MembersMaster Of TechnologyStar WarsMIUI 8th AnniversaryMIUI 10Dual CameraMIUI KingXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI Halloween 2017Redmi Quiz MasterMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMi Story TellerForum Contest LoverAndroid GuruMIUI Quick DiscussionMr. DependableMIUI Twitter Follower2017 Annual AwardsMIUI FollowerMi Lover MedalTheme TalentAndroid Elf8 Million Forum Members6 Million Forum MembersMIUI FB Follower5 Million Forum MembersSurpriseApp Star9 Million Forum MembersMIUI SuperstarDebate MasterBlack SharkNougatOreoQuick SurveyOTA FeedbackMi TalentStar Of Technology

11:08, Sep-17-2018 | From Mi MIX
|
No, this is just waste of time

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Mi T-ShirtMi WiFi RouterUnlock MedalNinebot MiniMi HomeMi Power BankNinety Degree LuggageMi  BunnyMijia Smart ShoesAwesome!2 Million Forum MembersMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Forum AppMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Happy MedalHappy Valentine's DayMid-Autumn FestivalSuper MondayMIUI World TourMIUI SSuper SaturdayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSuper SundayPuzzle MasterSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI Halloween 2018MIUI KingDiscuss HereHumor MasterHeart to Heart25 Million StrongMIUI Halloween 20176 Million Forum MembersForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomAndroid ElfSurpriseMaster Of TechnologyMIUI 8th Anniversary10 Million Forum MembersMIUI Quick DiscussionMi DropMi TalentMIUI 10India Independence DayPioneer of MIUI English Forum

11:09, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 5 Plus
|
Yes encryption is a must!

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi S2
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalAwesome!MIUI Lucky FridaySuper MondayHeart to HeartMi Drop6 Million Forum MembersMIUI 10Redmi S2Surprise

11:12, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi S2
|
I never once touch the app/dats encryption part of any phone brand I had/have since the day I bought my first android

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
Online time
54 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi TV 70Mi Band 2Mi MIXMi  BunnyMi HeadphonesMijia Walkie TalkieMi ScaleMagic CubeUnlock MedalMi WiFi RouterMi Power BankMi T-ShirtMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi Kids WatchMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIFantastic!FlashholicAwesome!Redmi Note 4Redmi Note 4XMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI IndiaSuper MondayRocket to FutureHappy Singles' DayMIUI 9MIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 2017Super SundayMIUI 7th AnniversaryPuzzle MasterMIUI Lucky FridayMerry ChristmasMIUI PMIUI 50 Million UsersHappy DiwaliMIUI 100 Million UsersRooster Year of 2017Happy New YearDiwali MIUI SMiPopSummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAndroid ElfMIUI Twitter Follower2017 Annual AwardsMi Story Teller6 Million Forum MembersMIUI 10Heart to HeartMi DropDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverMost Active MIUIerTechnology GuruScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyMr. DependableMIUI Halloween 20177 Million Forum MembersMIUI Medals CollectorOTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerMi Lover MedalDebate MasterMIUI G+ FollowerTheme TalentIndia Independence DayIndonesia Independence DayAndroid GuruMi Talent

11:15, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Encryption will ensure more safety 👍 👍👍

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Online time
24 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterMIUI SSuper MondayMIUI World TourPuzzle MasterMIUI Lucky Friday6 Million Forum MembersScroll Of WisdomMIUI 10Discuss HereMIUI 8th AnniversaryAndroid Elf10 Million Forum MembersMi TalentIndia Independence DayForum Contest LoverMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz

11:29, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
Don't do encryption by default... users are mature enough to decide themselves !

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 8
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!MIUI 10Discuss HereMi Drop

11:30, Sep-17-2018 | From Mi 8
|
Encryption

Credits Management