Super moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 4
Online time
1375 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi VRMi BandMi HeadphonesMi Selfie StickMi Kids WatchUnlock MedalMagic CubeMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 8MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 7MIUI 2016Redmi Note 4Mi 4cXiaomi Mi 4MIUI 300 Weeks1700K Forum Members1st AnniversaryHappy DiwaliOlympics Medal1400K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersUEFA EURO Medal5 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From BrazilPokemon Master Medal1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMIUI 93 Million Forum MembersSuper WednesdayMIUI PWomen's Day MedalSuper ThursdayCamera Filter Guru Medal3500K Forum MembersSuper TuesdayMIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 201710 Million Forum PostsThanksgiving DayI Love 2016MIUI Weekly PollRocket to FutureMi Live MedalHappy New YearRooster Year of 20173 Million Forum App Installs1 Million Forum App InstallsAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi Bunny2017 Annual AwardsMIUI 8th AnniversaryWallpaper Expert25 Million StrongMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI SuperstarDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruDebate MasterMi Bunny Game Master Xiaomi 8th AnniversaryRedmi Quiz MasterMIUI Device ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMaster Of TechnologyMi Story TellerStar Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerMr. DependableMIUI ExpertTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfForum Contest LoverInbox ZeroHumor MasterScroll Of WisdomMi TalentYouth Pledge

[Weekly Poll] [MIUI Weekly Poll #95] Should Phones Enable Storage Encryption by Default?

[ Promote]
20246 350 |
04:53, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.

Greetings MIUI'ers,

Welcome to the 95th edition of the MIUI Weekly Poll. Last week we discussed "[MIUI Weekly Poll #94] What Do You Care Most Before Buying A Smartphone?".

Here are the poll results.

Screenshot from 2018-09-16 21-07-02.png

Some of the best replies:
Build look and OS. eg. i use xiaomi because of MiUI. There was a day, i had to use MiUI custom ROM's in Samsung Galaxy S2 😂
There are 2 main basic requirement for me to chose which smartphone to buy. The phone may be the cheapest & even fastest; I will not buy if the the camera is inferior & when talking; the receiption is full of echo. These are the 2 areas which we cannot correct ourselves. I cannot imagine anyone could bear continue using such phones. Of course there are many other areas to look for but with these basic requirement in place, half your battle has been won.  As far as Xiaomi is concerned,  looks like you have everything on your plate, except you need to work harder on your Camera.
Battery,Camera, and Processor. also wish xiaomi to give remi 2 Os updates instead on 1. came out with oreo. so pie will recieve later.. but we need one more android Q then end update OS cycle.

This week let's discuss "Should Phones Enable Storage Encryption by Default?"

encryption_hero-650x300.jpg

First what is device encryption and why should you care? Encrypting your data means that any data stored on the storage of the device is stored in a form that can only be read once the device is unlocked.

Screenshot_2018-09-16-21-32-54-635_com.android.settings.png

Encryption is to protect your data stored on the device in case the device is lost or stolen.

Encryption does tend to slow your device down as well as recovering your data is more difficult if something goes wrong with your device.

Android-encryption-1.jpg

It is possible to remove the encryption again but to remove the encryption from the device, the device has to be reset to factory defaults.

So what is your thinking, is the best option for your data encryption? Is it worth the hassle or a waste of time or is there a better more secure or efficient method to secure your data?

Should Phones Enable Storage Encryption by Default?
Take part in the below poll and let us know your choice!

20 best replies will receive the MIUI Weekly Poll medal.

Previous 5 polls:

Special thanks to @candicesu for Banner & Medal, thanks to @sepneela and @rahul_09 for helping.
Always believe something wonderful is about to happen.
Single-option Poll, 867 members voted
65.05% 564
24.80% 215
10.15% 88
Your User group have no permission to vote
Favorite8 Share

Rated by 15 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

DJStatikVX + 10 + 5 Great!
WoonMunChong + 1 Awesome!
blackfirefly434 + 10 + 5 Agreed!
5630470 + 4 Fantastic!
perepugun + 1 Great!
Shindury + 2 Fantastic!
srksrao + 2 Thanks!
chgbhat + 4 Great!
jaydeep0714 + 1 Awesome!
hearthekker + 4 Fantastic!
colaus + 5 Great!
dobriy_putnik + 2 Thanks!
skbddn + 10 Great!
sepneela + 10 + 5 Fantastic!
candicesu + 10 Awesome!

Experience +76  Prestige +15  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Lucky FridaySuper MondayMIUI Quick Discussion

11:35, Sep-17-2018 | From POCO F1
|
I feel like use should be given the option to choose whether he wants encryption or not. Because some people think there data is important and some like me doesn't care 😋

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 5
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMIUI Forum AppMIUI Lucky FridaySuper MondayMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI 8th Anniversary10 Million Forum MembersMaster Of Technology

11:51, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 5 Plus
|
that will be a very good option as a new security system. most of the time people may lost control over their phone and cant secure their data in a proficient way. default encryption will be a good option for that situation
KB Tonmoy

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Smart ShoesMi  BunnyMi T-ShirtMi WiFi RouterUnlock MedalMi HomeMi BandMi Power BankAnTuTu2 Million Forum MembersMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI SMIUI PSuper MondayMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI World TourHappy Valentine's DaySuper SaturdayMIUI Lucky FridaySuper SundayPuzzle MasterFan Of MIUI IndiaXiaomi 6th AnniversaryRocket to FutureSummer Mi BunnyXiaomi 8th Anniversary6 Million Forum Members9 Million Forum MembersMost Active MIUIerScroll Of WisdomMIUI Quick DiscussionStar Of TechnologyPioneer of MIUI English Forum 10 Million Forum MembersSurpriseMi Lover MedalMIUI KingMaster Of TechnologyAndroid Elf25 Million StrongMIUI 8th AnniversaryForum Contest LoverMi TalentMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz

11:51, Sep-17-2018 | From Mi Max 2
|
Phones should enable storage encryption by default. Data protection or encryption is vital in the event that the device is stolen or lost. I definitely opin that it's worth to reset to factory defaults. Our data in the storage is our secret which we don't pay much attention to. It must not fall to any irresponsible party. As long as the data is secured it's worth the hassle to have it reset to the factory defaults.🙊

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Smart ShoesMi Power BankMi T-ShirtMIUI Fan From IndonesiaXiaomi 6th AnniversaryPuzzle MasterMIUI Forum AppSuper MondayMIUI World TourHappy Valentine's DayMi TalentMIUI 8th AnniversaryMIUI Weekly Devices QuizForum Contest LoverXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI King

11:59, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 4X
|
NO, because "recovering your data is more difficult if something goes wrong with your device"

MIUI Resources Team

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
Online time
391 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Unlock MedalMijia Qi CycleYi Action CameraMi WiFi Router MiniMi Band 2Mi VRMi Power BankMi KeyMi BandMagic CubeMi VR HeadsetMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi TV 70Mi BoxNinebot MiniMi MIXMi ScaleMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi HomeMi  BunnyMi WiFi RouterMijia Smart ShoesXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!MIUI 2015MIUI 7MIUI 8FlashholicAnTuTuFantastic!MarshmallowMIUI 2016Mi Pad4 Million Forum MembersMi 4iRedmi Note 2Mi TVXiaomi Mi 41500K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky Friday1400K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryOlympics Medal1800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI 300 WeeksMi Live Medal1700K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppPokemon Master MedalFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy Valentine's DayFan of MIUI MyanmarMIUI 5th Anniversary700K Forum Members800K Forum MembersWomen's Day MedalHappy Singles' Day1st AnniversaryMIUI S2 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from India1300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Fan From Vietnam5 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 6th AnniversaryDiwali 1 Million Forum MembersUEFA EURO MedalMid-Autumn FestivalFan Of MIUI FranceSurge S1MIUI 7th AnniversarySuper Thursday3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesSuper TuesdayHappy New YearMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI IndiaSuper MondayMIUI Happy MedalSuper Friday3500K Forum MembersMIUI Philippines Fan Meetup300K Forum MembersMIUI Font LoverFan Of MIUI AustraliaSuper WednesdayRocket to FutureMIUI World TourMIUI 9Super SaturdaySuper SundayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaPuzzle MasterMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI ItalyRooster Year of 2017Camera Filter Guru MedalMIUI Marathon MedalFan Of MIUI Poland1900K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI PFan Of MIUI Spain2100K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollThanksgiving DayI Love 20161 Million Forum App InstallsMiPopI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewBlack SharkSurprise8 Million Forum MembersMost Active MIUIerTheme TalentMIUI SuperstarNougat6 Million Forum MembersStar WarsMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI Quick DiscussionOreoXiaomi 8th Anniversary5 Million Forum Members2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Halloween 2017MIUI 8th AnniversaryQuick Survey9 Million Forum MembersMi TalentRingtone ExpertInbox ZeroAndroid GuruMi Story TellerYouth PledgeMIUI ExpertPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatApp TalentMIUI Medals CollectorMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Twitter FollowerStar Of TechnologyRingtone Star Humor MasterApp TalentMr. DependableTechnology GuruOTA FeedbackMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerMi Bunny Game Master Updates LoverDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomRingtone TalentForum Contest LoverAndroid ElfWallpaper ExpertMIUI FollowerMIUI Ice Bucket Challenge

12:31, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
So if I encrypt my phone all that data is safe behind my lockscreen? Seems like all my data would already be safe behind my lockscreen because that's what the lockscreen is for. Redundancy. I think OEMs just need to make sure to stay up to date with our security measures. Under the Display Fingerprints scanners are a must and keeping facial recognition at the top of its game is a must. Beyond that I don't think you're actually making yourself any safer.

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Devices ContestSuper SundayMIUI SMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 9Women's Day Medal6 Million Forum MembersApp StarXiaomi 8th Anniversary

14:01, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Just let me choose which data to encrypt. Or even better, train the AI you waste to recognize objects in the camera, to recognize sensitive data.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4i
Online time
41 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMagic CubeMi VRMi Band 2Mi  BunnyMi BandMi TV 70MIUI 8I Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI Devices ContestMIUI Lucky FridayWomen's Day MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryI Love 2016Diwali MIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI SRocket to FutureMIUI 9MIUI 2017Happy New YearSuper TuesdayRooster Year of 2017Super ThursdayMIUI Happy MedalStar WarsXiaomi 8th AnniversaryForum Contest LoverSurpriseMIUI Weekly Devices QuizTechnology GuruScroll Of WisdomAndroid ElfMIUI King2017 Annual AwardsUpdates LoverDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Medals CollectorAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatStar Of Technology

14:20, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
For me, the most important thing is not encrypting the phone, but securing phone, app and it's network traffic by limiting correct rights for app is the most important one

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Super MondayMIUI Lucky Friday

15:52, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 5 Plus
|
encryption is good for a lot of programs, but I don't feel like everything should be encrypted

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
54 Hours
Send PM

Mi  BunnyMi BandNinebot MiniUnlock MedalMijia Smart ShoesMi HomeMi Power BankMi WiFi RouterMi T-ShirtI Love MIUIAnTuTuMIUI Devices ContestMIUI Weekly PollHappy Singles' DayMIUI Happy MedalFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI SMIUI Marathon MedalMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI World TourMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSuper SaturdayMIUI Lucky FridayRocket to FutureXiaomi 6th Anniversary1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Forum AppPuzzle MasterSuper Monday2 Million Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI PMiPopSummer Mi BunnyIndia Independence DayMaster Of Technology6 Million Forum MembersScroll Of Wisdom10 Million Forum MembersForum Contest LoverMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI SuperstarMIUI 8th Anniversary5 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMi TalentDebate MasterStar WarsBlack SharkSurpriseMIUI KingOTA FeedbackAndroid ElfEvaluator RepMIUI Quick DiscussionStar Of TechnologyMi Lover Medal9 Million Forum Members

15:53, Sep-17-2018 | From POCO F1
|
It's not a choice, it's a must for every phone manufacturers.
Even you'll lost your data when you forgot your password, it's better that way.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth HeadsetI Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestAnTuTuMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Forum AppSuper MondayMIUI 2017100k Forum MembersMiPopDie-hard MIUI Fan7 Million Forum MembersMIUI 8th AnniversaryMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatStar Of TechnologyMi Bunny Game Master Forum Contest LoverMIUI ExpertMi Lover Medal

16:53, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi Note 3
|
i think i must have a choice.
it is must be disable by default or at first start user can have a choice for this

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 5A
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi WiFi RouterMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI SSuper MondayMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMid-Autumn FestivalHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Forum AppPuzzle MasterMIUI Marathon MedalMiPopSummer Mi BunnyMIUI 8th AnniversaryMi Talent10 Million Forum MembersMaster Of TechnologyAndroid Elf6 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz

17:17, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 5A
|
Encryption is a must. Better to safe than sorry. But I wish in miui, lock screen password is different with the encryption password

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Super MondayMIUI Forum App

17:46, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 5 Plus
|
is not a waste of time, but also not a must. it depends on the user and their requirements for how they use their phone and the data they keep, the importance it has for that user, or its confidentiality. everyone has different requirements therefore an option is the best way forward

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
20:33, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi Note 5
|
encryption is a must it helps keep your information safe but at the same time you should also be able to choose between types of encryption. I feel that I should have the choice of how I encrypt not my os or the manufacturer of my device

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Story TellerMi VR HeadsetMi HomeMi BandMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Band 2Mi TV 70Magic CubeMarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!Redmi Note 32100K Forum MembersMIUI Marathon MedalSuper MondayMIUI Forum AppDiwali I Love 2016Rooster Year of 2017Women's Day MedalSuper WednesdayMIUI 9MIUI 2017MIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Happy MedalThanksgiving Day1 Million Forum App InstallsMiPopForum Contest LoverAndroid ElfMIUI FollowerStar Of TechnologyMIUI KingMi Lover Medal

21:11, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
Encryption should be an option for each user.
I think that a good lock screen/password and a backup to a external device or cloud should be suficient.
For me, will be a problem if my alarm doesn't ring on the morning if the phone's turn off for some reason (except no battery)  and else i don't want to slow down my phone..

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Online time
117 Hours
Send PM

Mi T-ShirtMi Power BankMijia Smart ShoesMi WiFi RouterNinebot MiniUnlock MedalMi HomeMi BandMi  BunnyAnTuTuI Love MIUIMIUI Happy MedalFan Of MIUI IndiaSuper SundaySuper SaturdayRocket to FutureMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI PMIUI SSuper MondayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaPuzzle MasterMIUI World Tour1st AnniversaryXiaomi 6th Anniversary2 Million Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMi TalentMIUI 8th AnniversaryMaster Of TechnologyAndroid Guru6 Million Forum MembersMIUI FollowerScroll Of WisdomXiaomi 8th Anniversary9 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices QuizSurpriseMIUI Quick DiscussionForum Contest LoverAndroid ElfStar Of TechnologyStar WarsMi Lover Medal8 Million Forum MembersMIUI KingDebate Master10 Million Forum Members

21:14, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
Yes... because we'll never know what might happen. If we loose our phones specially to thieves then we not only loose our phone but also the valuable information about us as well. If it's encrypted then we can sleep soundly.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s
Online time
314 Hours
Send PM

Mi MIXMi VRMijia Smart ShoesMi Power BankMi T-ShirtMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Yi CameraUnlock MedalMi  BunnyMi BandMi KeyMi WiFi RouterXiaomi 6 LaunchMijia Story TellerMijia Qi CycleMi HomeMi Band 2Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8Fantastic!MIUI 7MIUI 2016I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 6FlashholicMIUI Devices ContestMi 5Mi 4iMi 2Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi Note 4XRedmi Note 34 Million Forum MembersMi 5sMi 3Mi 4SRedmi Note 2MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI World TourThanksgiving DayMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Fan from India1 Million Forum MembersMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy New Year1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan from TurkeyHappy Valentine's DayAtaturk MourningHappy Singles' DayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaPuzzle Master300K Forum MembersDiwali MIUI Happy MedalFan of MIUI MyanmarI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI RussiaSuper TuesdayMIUI Forum AppHilal Ramadan MIUI Font LoverRocket to FutureMIUI 2017MIUI Fan From NepalFan Of MIUI UkraineRooster Year of 2017Super MondaySuper Saturday3500K Forum MembersSurge S1Super WednesdayPokemon Master MedalMi Live MedalMIUI 100 Million UsersFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI 9500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 300 WeeksMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewSurpriseMaster Of TechnologyIndia Independence DayScroll Of WisdomPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Weekly Devices QuizMost Active MIUIerMIUI 8th Anniversary10 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 8th Anniversary6 Million Forum MembersMi TalentTheme TalentMIUI Halloween 2017Android GuruMi Story TellerMi Lover MedalMIUI Global Forum 2014Technology GuruStar Of TechnologyMIUI FB FollowerDebate MasterMIUI G+ FollowerAndroid ElfMi Bunny Game Master Mi 5XMIUI Twitter FollowerForum Contest LoverStar Of IconsMIUI FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorYouth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverMIUI ExpertApp TalentApp TalentInbox ZeroMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatOTA Feedback

21:33, Sep-17-2018 | From Mi 5s
|
no, just an option not must..we can use micloud access for encryption or reset phone if our device lost or stolen, if encryption automatic by lockscreen i think we need more ram and proccessor iddle activity to proccess..

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 5 Plus
Online time
67 Hours
Send PM

AnTuTuSuper SundayMIUI Marathon MedalSuper MondayMIUI Weekly PollMIUI PXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI Quick DiscussionMi Lover MedalMi TalentAndroid ElfMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz9 Million Forum MembersForum Contest LoverSurprise

21:38, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
I don't think it should be a default option because it makes things complicated for many users, but it needs to be in a more obvious place to find for security concerned people...

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Smart ShoesMi Notebook AirMi Power BankMi  BunnyMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi BandMi MIXMi T-ShirtMi WiFi RouterMi Bluetooth HeadsetMagic CubeUnlock MedalMi HomeNinebot MiniYi Action CameraMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIAnTuTuFantastic!Awesome!FlashholicMIUI Forum App5 Million Forum App Installs10 Million Forum PostsMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI World TourHappy Valentine's DayPuzzle Master2 Million Forum MembersHappy Singles' DaySuper Saturday1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 9MIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Happy MedalHappy New YearMIUI Weekly PollRocket to FutureMIUI 50 Million UsersSuper MondayMIUI PMIUI SSuper SundayMiPopGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI KingMIUI FollowerStar Of TechnologyMr. DependableMi Lover MedalMIUI 8th Anniversary6 Million Forum MembersScroll Of Wisdom7 Million Forum MembersMaster Of Technology2017 Annual Awards10 Million Forum MembersAndroid ElfMIUI Twitter FollowerBlack SharkMIUI Quick DiscussionQuick SurveyOTA FeedbackMi TalentOreoNougatAndroid GuruTheme TalentMIUI Weekly Devices QuizStar Wars9 Million Forum MembersMi Story TellerForum Contest LoverApp StarMIUI Superstar8 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI Halloween 2017Technology GuruDebate Master5 Million Forum MembersMIUI FB FollowerSurprise

22:46, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Unless you have top secret data or private stuff not want to be seen or read by anyone (that first of all, a hand-held device shouldn't be used to store really important things), the encryption it's a waste of time because if you lost your device or was stolen, the next user it's going to erase all the data from it to try to make it usable again.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 5
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM

Ninebot MiniMi HomeMi WiFi RouterUnlock MedalMIUI Forum AppMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Lucky FridaySuper MondayMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Marathon MedalPuzzle MasterSurpriseScroll Of WisdomMIUI 8th AnniversaryMIUI Weekly Devices QuizAndroid Elf10 Million Forum MembersMIUI Quick Discussion

23:22, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 5
|
Complete waste of time. If you have something private for you on your phone, you already make the mistake. Don't store private data on your phone storage!

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
60 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesI Love MIUIAwesome!FlashholicMIUI 6Mi 3Fan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeHilal Ramadan MIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaSingapore BirthdayMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Lucky FridaySuper MondayHappy Singles' DayFan MIUI PhilippinesDiwali MIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 100 Million Users300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Updates LoverMIUI FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FB FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanOTA FeedbackAndroid GuruMost Active MIUIerHumor Master

15:47, Sep-20-2018 | From APP
|
Disabled by default and let the users decide. This is our phone so let the decision on us, gasp on very pros and cons. Our phone is part of our daily lives and nowadays we used our phones for we important files. If their goes wrong, it difficult to retrieve our precious files.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
275 Hours
Send PM

Mijia VR Play 2Mi Power StripMi VRXiaomi 6 LaunchNinebot MiniMi  BunnyMijia Story TellerUnlock MedalMi TV 70Mi HomeMi HeadphonesMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Selfie StickMagic CubeYi Action CameraMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi BandMi VR HeadsetMi WiFiMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi Water PurifierMi Band 2Mijia Smart ShoesMi Power BankMi T-ShirtMi Kids WatchMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi ScaleMi Notebook AirMi BoxXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFlashholicMIUI 8MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!AnTuTuFantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 2016Mi TVRedmi 4XMi 4iRedmi Note 3Redmi Note 4Xiaomi 6th AnniversarySuper MondayRocket to FutureMIUI Fan from Turkey2 Million Forum Members3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan from MalaysiaHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Drawing TalentFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Monthly TalkFan Of MIUI Russia1900K Forum MembersHappy Diwali1500K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI PolandFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeSuper TuesdayI Love 20161 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New YearMIUI 2017Thanksgiving DayHappy Singles' DayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI BangladeshMerry ChristmasRooster Year of 2017MIUI Lucky Friday3500K Forum MembersSuper SundayDiwali MIUI Fan From Philippines300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From MyanmarMIUI Font Lover90000 Forum MembersMIUI PMIUI 50 Million UsersXiaomi 5th Anniversary500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 7th AnniversaryAtaturk Mourning1st AnniversaryMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI 9Super SaturdayRingolicious MedalSuper Wednesday10 Million Forum PostsSingapore Merlion MedalSurge S1MIUI Fan From NepalPuzzle MasterCamera Filter Guru MedalWomen's Day MedalMIUI 20 Million Users3 Million Forum MembersMIUI S5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Forum AppHappy Holi MedalSuper ThursdayMIUI Happy MedalSuper FridayMIUI 5th AnniversaryGamer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewQuick SurveyNougatDebate MasterMIUI Quick DiscussionStar WarsMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI Twitter Follower2017 Annual AwardsMost Active MIUIer6 Million Forum MembersEvaluator RepMIUI Weekend GiveawayMIUI 8th AnniversaryMr. Dependable9 Million Forum Members8 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 8th Anniversary5 Million Forum MembersMIUI FB FollowerBlack SharkSurpriseMIUI SuperstarTechnology GuruDie-hard MIUI FanMost Popular Forum UserMIUI ExpertPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android GuruTheme TalentApp TalentMIUI Medals Collector7 Million Forum MembersUpdates LoverScroll Of WisdomMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeAndroid ElfYouth PledgeMi Lover MedalHumor MasterIndia Independence DayMi Story TellerMIUI Halloween 2017Forum Contest LoverOTA FeedbackStar Of TechnologyInbox ZeroMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatApp TalentMIUI KingMi TalentMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Follower

10:57, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
Yes encryption is a must!

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
Online time
604 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterMi T-ShirtMi BandMi  BunnyYi Action CameraUnlock MedalMi Power BankMijia Smart ShoesMi Bluetooth HeadsetMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi HomeNinebot MiniMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!I Love MIUIAnTuTuXiaomi 6th AnniversarySuper SaturdaySuper SundayPuzzle Master1st Anniversary2 Million Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayRocket to FutureHappy Valentine's DaySuper Monday5 Million Forum App Installs10 Million Forum PostsMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI PMIUI Forum AppMIUI SMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Lucky FridayMiPopIndia Independence Day6 Million Forum MembersScroll Of WisdomMaster Of TechnologyMIUI 8th AnniversaryAndroid ElfEvaluator Rep10 Million Forum Members9 Million Forum MembersAndroid GuruMIUI FollowerOTA FeedbackMi TalentStar Of TechnologyOreoNougatForum Contest LoverTheme TalentDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Weekly Devices QuizStar WarsMi Lover MedalMIUI KingMIUI Quick DiscussionMi Story TellerMIUI SuperstarBlack Shark7 Million Forum MembersSurpriseApp StarDebate MasterMIUI FB Follower8 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 8th Anniversary5 Million Forum Members

11:03, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
Should be added these days...

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi T-ShirtMi Power BankUnlock MedalYi Action CameraI Love MIUIHappy Singles' DayMIUI PSuper MondayMIUI Lucky FridaySuper SaturdayHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaPuzzle MasterMid-Autumn FestivalSuper SundayMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Weekly PollMIUI 9MIUI SRocket to FutureMaster Of TechnologyMIUI 8th AnniversarySurprise10 Million Forum MembersPioneer of MIUI English Forum Xiaomi 8th AnniversaryAndroid GuruMIUI FollowerMIUI Weekly Devices QuizAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalBlack SharkStar Wars8 Million Forum MembersDebate MasterMIUI SuperstarMi Story Teller

11:07, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 5A
|
it could be a nice feature

Supreme Member

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
Online time
131 Hours
Send PM

Mi TV 70Mi Power BankMi T-ShirtMijia Smart ShoesMi Notebook AirMi MIXMi BandMi  BunnyYi Action CameraMi WiFi RouterMi Bluetooth HeadsetMagic CubeUnlock MedalNinebot MiniMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi HomeMi Kids WatchMi BoxFantastic!FlashholicMIUI Devices ContestAnTuTuI Love MIUIAwesome!Mi TVMi MIXSuper SundayMIUI Fan From Indonesia5 Million Forum App InstallsXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Marathon MedalSuper SaturdayMIUI Forum AppMIUI World TourMid-Autumn FestivalFan Of MIUI IndiaSuper Monday2 Million Forum MembersPuzzle MasterMIUI Fan from Turkey1st AnniversaryHappy Singles' Day10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI PHappy New YearMIUI SMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 9Rocket to FutureMIUI Happy MedalWomen's Day MedalMerry ChristmasMIUI Weekly PollHappy Valentine's DayGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopAndroid Elf2017 Annual Awards25 Million StrongStar Of TechnologyPioneer of MIUI English Forum 10 Million Forum MembersMaster Of Technology7 Million Forum MembersScroll Of WisdomMIUI Medals CollectorStar WarsIndia Independence DayAndroid Guru6 Million Forum MembersMIUI 8th AnniversaryDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI KingMIUI FollowerNougatMIUI Quick DiscussionOreoMr. DependableMIUI Twitter Follower8 Million Forum MembersForum Contest LoverMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI Halloween 2017Mi Story TellerRedmi Quiz MasterOTA FeedbackQuick SurveyMi Lover MedalMi TalentApp StarMIUI Superstar9 Million Forum MembersMIUI FB FollowerSurpriseXiaomi 8th AnniversaryBlack SharkTheme Talent5 Million Forum MembersDebate Master

11:08, Sep-17-2018 | From Mi MIX
|
No, this is just waste of time

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMi T-ShirtNinebot MiniMi WiFi RouterUnlock MedalMi HomeMijia Smart ShoesMi  BunnyMIUI Fan From Indonesia2 Million Forum MembersMIUI SPuzzle MasterMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Forum AppHappy Valentine's DayMIUI World TourMid-Autumn FestivalSuper MondaySuper SundaySuper SaturdayMIUI Happy MedalSummer Mi BunnyMaster Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomMi TalentMIUI Quick Discussion25 Million StrongForum Contest LoverMIUI KingMIUI 8th Anniversary10 Million Forum MembersIndia Independence DayPioneer of MIUI English Forum SurpriseAndroid ElfMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz

11:09, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 5 Plus
|
Yes encryption is a must!

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi S2
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Super MondayMIUI Lucky Friday6 Million Forum MembersRedmi S2Surprise

11:12, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi S2
|
I never once touch the app/dats encryption part of any phone brand I had/have since the day I bought my first android

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
Online time
53 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi TV 70Mi Band 2Mi MIXMi  BunnyMi HeadphonesMijia Walkie TalkieMi ScaleMagic CubeUnlock MedalMi WiFi RouterMi Power BankMi T-ShirtMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi Kids WatchMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIFantastic!FlashholicAwesome!Redmi Note 4Redmi Note 4XMIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI IndiaSuper MondayRocket to FutureHappy Singles' DayMIUI 9MIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 2017Super SundayMIUI 7th AnniversaryPuzzle MasterMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMerry ChristmasHappy New YearMIUI SMIUI PMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 50 Million UsersHappy DiwaliRooster Year of 2017Diwali MiPopSummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMi Story Teller2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorAndroid ElfForum Contest Lover7 Million Forum Members6 Million Forum MembersMIUI FB FollowerMi TalentDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI G+ FollowerOTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerStar Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomMr. DependableTechnology GuruMIUI Halloween 2017Indonesia Independence DayDebate MasterMost Active MIUIerAndroid GuruMi Lover MedalTheme TalentIndia Independence Day

11:15, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Encryption will ensure more safety 👍 👍👍

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Online time
19 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterSuper MondayMIUI World TourMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI SPuzzle MasterAndroid Elf10 Million Forum MembersScroll Of WisdomMIUI Weekly Devices QuizIndia Independence DayMi TalentForum Contest LoverMIUI 8th Anniversary

11:29, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
Don't do encryption by default... users are mature enough to decide themselves !

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 8
Online time
7 Hours
Send PM
11:30, Sep-17-2018 | From Mi 8
|
Encryption

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list