MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 4
Online time
1426 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi VRMi BandMi HeadphonesMi Selfie StickMi Kids WatchUnlock MedalMagic CubeMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 8MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 7MIUI 2016Redmi Note 4Mi 4cXiaomi Mi 4MIUI 300 Weeks1700K Forum Members1st AnniversaryHappy DiwaliOlympics Medal1400K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersUEFA EURO Medal5 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From BrazilPokemon Master Medal1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Forum App3 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdayMIUI PSuper WednesdayWomen's Day MedalCamera Filter Guru MedalFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 93500K Forum MembersSuper TuesdayMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 201710 Million Forum PostsRocket to FutureThanksgiving DayMi Live MedalMIUI Weekly PollRooster Year of 2017I Love 2016Happy New Year3 Million Forum App Installs1 Million Forum App InstallsGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi Bunny2017 Annual Awards25 Million StrongMIUI 8th AnniversaryGold Super ModeratorDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI SuperstarXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI Medals CollectorWallpaper ExpertAndroid GuruMi Bunny Game Master Redmi Quiz MasterMIUI Device ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMaster Of TechnologyMi Story TellerStar Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerMr. DependableMIUI ExpertTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfForum Contest LoverInbox ZeroHumor MasterScroll Of WisdomMi TalentYouth Pledge

[Weekly Poll] [MIUI Weekly Poll #95] Should Phones Enable Storage Encryption by Default?

[ Promote]
33629 361 |
04:53, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.

Greetings MIUI'ers,

Welcome to the 95th edition of the MIUI Weekly Poll. Last week we discussed "[MIUI Weekly Poll #94] What Do You Care Most Before Buying A Smartphone?".

Here are the poll results.

Screenshot from 2018-09-16 21-07-02.png

Some of the best replies:
Build look and OS. eg. i use xiaomi because of MiUI. There was a day, i had to use MiUI custom ROM's in Samsung Galaxy S2 😂
There are 2 main basic requirement for me to chose which smartphone to buy. The phone may be the cheapest & even fastest; I will not buy if the the camera is inferior & when talking; the receiption is full of echo. These are the 2 areas which we cannot correct ourselves. I cannot imagine anyone could bear continue using such phones. Of course there are many other areas to look for but with these basic requirement in place, half your battle has been won.  As far as Xiaomi is concerned,  looks like you have everything on your plate, except you need to work harder on your Camera.
Battery,Camera, and Processor. also wish xiaomi to give remi 2 Os updates instead on 1. came out with oreo. so pie will recieve later.. but we need one more android Q then end update OS cycle.

This week let's discuss "Should Phones Enable Storage Encryption by Default?"

encryption_hero-650x300.jpg

First what is device encryption and why should you care? Encrypting your data means that any data stored on the storage of the device is stored in a form that can only be read once the device is unlocked.

Screenshot_2018-09-16-21-32-54-635_com.android.settings.png

Encryption is to protect your data stored on the device in case the device is lost or stolen.

Encryption does tend to slow your device down as well as recovering your data is more difficult if something goes wrong with your device.

Android-encryption-1.jpg

It is possible to remove the encryption again but to remove the encryption from the device, the device has to be reset to factory defaults.

So what is your thinking, is the best option for your data encryption? Is it worth the hassle or a waste of time or is there a better more secure or efficient method to secure your data?

Should Phones Enable Storage Encryption by Default?
Take part in the below poll and let us know your choice!

20 best replies will receive the MIUI Weekly Poll medal.

Previous 5 polls:

Special thanks to @candicesu for Banner & Medal, thanks to @sepneela and @rahul_09 for helping.
Always believe something wonderful is about to happen.
Single-option Poll, 912 members voted
65.90% 601
24.12% 220
9.98% 91
Your User group have no permission to vote
Favorite8 Share

Rated by 16 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

SMRout + 1 Agreed!
DJStatikVX + 10 + 5 Great!
WoonMunChong + 1 Awesome!
blackfirefly434 + 10 + 5 Agreed!
5630470 + 4 Fantastic!
perepugun + 1 Great!
Shindury + 2 Fantastic!
srksrao + 2 Thanks!
chgbhat + 4 Great!
jaydeep0714 + 1 Awesome!
hearthekker + 4 Fantastic!
colaus + 5 Great!
dobriy_putnik + 2 Thanks!
skbddn + 10 Great!
sepneela + 10 + 5 Fantastic!
candicesu + 10 Awesome!

Experience +77  Prestige +15  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!MIUI Lucky FridaySuper MondayMIUI Weekly Devices QuizForum Contest LoverMIUI Quick Discussion

11:35, Sep-17-2018 | From POCO F1
|
I feel like use should be given the option to choose whether he wants encryption or not. Because some people think there data is important and some like me doesn't care 😋

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 5
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalAwesome!Mid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Lucky FridaySuper MondayMIUI Forum AppSummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI 8th Anniversary10 Million Forum MembersForum Contest LoverMaster Of TechnologyMi DropDual CameraMIUI 10MIUI Weekly Devices QuizDiscuss Here

11:51, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 5 Plus
|
that will be a very good option as a new security system. most of the time people may lost control over their phone and cant secure their data in a proficient way. default encryption will be a good option for that situation
KB Tonmoy

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMijia Smart ShoesMi  BunnyMi T-ShirtMi WiFi RouterNinety Degree LuggageUnlock MedalMi BandMi HomeAwesome!AnTuTuMIUI SMIUI World TourSuper Saturday2 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Marathon MedalMid-Autumn FestivalMerry ChristmasSuper SundayMIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy Valentine's DayRocket to FutureMIUI PSuper MondayXiaomi 6th AnniversaryPuzzle MasterMIUI Happy MedalSummer Mi BunnyDiscuss HereScroll Of WisdomXiaomi 8th AnniversaryOreo13 Million Forum MembersMIUI Tech SurveyMIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Halloween 2017Mi DropHeart to HeartHumor MasterForum Contest LoverMIUI KingMIUI Quick DiscussionMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz25 Million StrongPioneer of MIUI English Forum 9 Million Forum MembersStar Of TechnologyMIUI 10SurpriseMaster Of TechnologyMost Active MIUIer6 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum MembersMIUI 8th AnniversaryAndroid ElfMi TalentMi Lover Medal

11:51, Sep-17-2018 | From Mi Max 2
|
Phones should enable storage encryption by default. Data protection or encryption is vital in the event that the device is stolen or lost. I definitely opin that it's worth to reset to factory defaults. Our data in the storage is our secret which we don't pay much attention to. It must not fall to any irresponsible party. As long as the data is secured it's worth the hassle to have it reset to the factory defaults.🙊

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMijia Smart ShoesMi Power BankMi T-ShirtAwesome!Happy Valentine's DayMIUI World TourSuper MondayMIUI Forum AppXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMerry ChristmasMIUI Fan From IndonesiaPuzzle Master13 Million Forum MembersMIUI Tech SurveyMIUI Halloween 2018MIUI FollowerHumor MasterMIUI Halloween 2017OreoMIUI 10Xiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI KingMIUI Weekly Devices QuizDiscuss HereForum Contest LoverDual CameraMi TalentMIUI 8th Anniversary

11:59, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 4X
|
NO, because "recovering your data is more difficult if something goes wrong with your device"

MIUI Resources Team

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
Online time
446 Hours
Send PM

Mijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi Power Bank 10000MAH Yi Action CameraUnlock MedalMijia Qi CycleMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi WiFi Router MiniMi VRMi Power BankMi BandMagic CubeMi KeyMi  BunnyMi VR HeadsetMi MIXMijia Smart ShoesMi BoxMi TV 70Ninebot MiniMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi WiFi RouterMi HomeMi ScaleMi Band 2Mijia Smart PTZ CameraXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestMarshmallowI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 2015MIUI 2016MIUI 8FlashholicMIUI 7Fantastic!AnTuTuMi TVMi Pad4 Million Forum MembersMi 4iRedmi Note 2Xiaomi Mi 4MIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 300 WeeksHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Fan From Nepal1st AnniversaryMid-Autumn FestivalOlympics Medal1700K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI RussiaMerry Christmas1400K Forum MembersMIUI S1500K Forum Members1800K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMi Live MedalMIUI Fan From Vietnam1 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 6th Anniversary5 Million Forum PostsFan of MIUI MyanmarDiwali 800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from India1300K Forum Members700K Forum MembersUEFA EURO MedalHappy Singles' Day2 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI 5th AnniversaryWomen's Day MedalPokemon Master MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI FranceFan Of MIUI IndiaSuper Thursday3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalSurge S1Puzzle MasterSuper MondayMIUI 2017Super TuesdayMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupSuper FridayMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI Australia300K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Font LoverMIUI 93500K Forum MembersSuper WednesdaySuper SaturdaySuper SundayRocket to FutureMIUI Fan From PhilippinesHappy New YearCamera Filter Guru Medal1900K Forum MembersMIUI Marathon MedalFan Of MIUI SpainI Love 2016MIUI Weekly PollMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI PFan Of MIUI ItalyThanksgiving Day2100K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017MIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy Diwali1 Million Forum App InstallsMiPopI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMIUI Quick DiscussionRingtone ExpertOreoXiaomi 8th AnniversaryQuick SurveyMIUI Tech SurveyStar WarsHappy 20195 Million Forum Members13 Million Forum MembersMIUI SuperstarMIUI 8th AnniversaryMi Drop2017 Annual AwardsMIUI 10Dual Camera6 Million Forum MembersDiscuss HereMIUI Halloween 2017NougatSurpriseBlack SharkHeart to Heart9 Million Forum MembersMIUI Halloween 2018POCO F1OTA FeedbackMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatYouth PledgeAndroid GuruMIUI ExpertTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMr. DependableMi Story TellerApp TalentStar Of TechnologyMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Twitter FollowerRingtone Star App TalentMIUI Medals CollectorHumor MasterWallpaper ExpertMi Lover MedalMi TalentMi Bunny Game Master Android ElfPioneer of MIUI English Forum Theme Talent8 Million Forum MembersMost Active MIUIerMIUI FB FollowerUpdates LoverRingtone TalentMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMIUI FollowerInbox ZeroDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanScroll Of Wisdom

12:31, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
So if I encrypt my phone all that data is safe behind my lockscreen? Seems like all my data would already be safe behind my lockscreen because that's what the lockscreen is for. Redundancy. I think OEMs just need to make sure to stay up to date with our security measures. Under the Display Fingerprints scanners are a must and keeping facial recognition at the top of its game is a must. Beyond that I don't think you're actually making yourself any safer.

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Devices ContestMIUI SMIUI 7th AnniversarySuper SundayWomen's Day MedalMIUI 9Discuss Here6 Million Forum MembersApp StarXiaomi 8th Anniversary

14:01, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Just let me choose which data to encrypt. Or even better, train the AI you waste to recognize objects in the camera, to recognize sensitive data.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4i
Online time
47 Hours
Send PM

Magic CubeUnlock MedalMi VRMi  BunnyMi Band 2Mi BandMi TV 70Fantastic!MIUI 8I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestMIUI Happy MedalMIUI SMIUI Lucky FridayDiwali I Love 2016Women's Day MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSuper TuesdayMIUI 9MIUI 2017Happy New YearRooster Year of 2017Rocket to FutureSuper ThursdayMIUI Weekly Devices QuizSurpriseStar Of TechnologyTechnology GuruXiaomi 8th Anniversary2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Tech Survey6 Million Forum MembersMIUI 10Star WarsForum Contest LoverAndroid ElfMIUI Medals CollectorScroll Of WisdomDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatDebate MasterAndroid GuruMIUI KingUpdates Lover

14:20, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
For me, the most important thing is not encrypting the phone, but securing phone, app and it's network traffic by limiting correct rights for app is the most important one

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Super MondayMIUI Lucky Friday

15:52, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 5 Plus
|
encryption is good for a lot of programs, but I don't feel like everything should be encrypted

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
71 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Smart ShoesMi  BunnyMi WiFi RouterMi T-ShirtMi Power BankNinebot MiniMi HomeNinety Degree LuggageMi BandUnlock MedalAnTuTuI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI SMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Forum AppMIUI Marathon MedalSuper MondayFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy Valentine's DaySuper SaturdayRocket to FutureHappy Singles' DayMIUI Fan from TurkeyMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Weekly Poll2 Million Forum Members1st AnniversaryMIUI World TourPuzzle MasterMIUI PXiaomi 6th AnniversarySummer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Die-hard MIUI FanPOCO F1Heart to HeartDual CameraDiscuss HereMi DropMIUI 10Scroll Of WisdomHumor MasterMIUI Halloween 2018Android ElfMIUI SuperstarSurpriseBlack SharkMIUI Quick DiscussionMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz5 Million Forum MembersMi TalentDebate MasterStar WarsXiaomi 8th Anniversary6 Million Forum Members9 Million Forum MembersMIUI 8th AnniversaryIndia Independence Day10 Million Forum MembersMaster Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalEvaluator RepStar Of TechnologyOTA FeedbackMIUI KingForum Contest Lover

15:53, Sep-17-2018 | From POCO F1
|
It's not a choice, it's a must for every phone manufacturers.
Even you'll lost your data when you forgot your password, it's better that way.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth HeadsetMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIAnTuTuMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Forum AppSuper Monday100k Forum MembersMIUI 2017MiPopMIUI 8th AnniversaryMIUI 10MIUI Halloween 2018Mi Lover MedalStar Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI ExpertForum Contest LoverMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Bunny Game Master 7 Million Forum Members

16:53, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi Note 3
|
i think i must have a choice.
it is must be disable by default or at first start user can have a choice for this

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 5A
Online time
11 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterUnlock MedalAwesome!MIUI SMIUI Forum AppMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Marathon MedalHappy Valentine's DayPuzzle MasterSuper MondayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMiPopSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Discuss HereHumor MasterMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMi TalentMIUI 8th Anniversary10 Million Forum MembersMaster Of TechnologyAndroid Elf6 Million Forum MembersMIUI 10

17:17, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 5A
|
Encryption is a must. Better to safe than sorry. But I wish in miui, lock screen password is different with the encryption password

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Forum AppSuper MondayMIUI 10

17:46, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 5 Plus
|
is not a waste of time, but also not a must. it depends on the user and their requirements for how they use their phone and the data they keep, the importance it has for that user, or its confidentiality. everyone has different requirements therefore an option is the best way forward

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Discuss Here

20:33, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi Note 5
|
encryption is a must it helps keep your information safe but at the same time you should also be able to choose between types of encryption. I feel that I should have the choice of how I encrypt not my os or the manufacturer of my device

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM

Mi TV 70Mijia Story TellerMi HomeUnlock MedalMi BandMi VR HeadsetMi Band 2Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMagic CubeFantastic!MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestRedmi Note 3MIUI Lucky FridaySuper WednesdayDiwali MIUI 9Super MondayMIUI Forum AppMIUI Marathon MedalWomen's Day Medal1 Million Forum App InstallsThanksgiving DayMIUI Happy Medal2100K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017MIUI 2017I Love 2016MiPopMIUI KingMIUI 1013 Million Forum MembersMIUI Halloween 2018Forum Contest LoverAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalStar Of TechnologyMIUI Follower

21:11, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
Encryption should be an option for each user.
I think that a good lock screen/password and a backup to a external device or cloud should be suficient.
For me, will be a problem if my alarm doesn't ring on the morning if the phone's turn off for some reason (except no battery)  and else i don't want to slow down my phone..

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Online time
238 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMijia Smart ShoesMi  BunnyMi T-ShirtMi WiFi RouterNinety Degree LuggageUnlock MedalMi HomeMi BandNinebot MiniI Love MIUIAwesome!AnTuTuMIUI World TourMIUI Marathon MedalHappy Valentine's DaySuper SaturdayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Happy MedalFan Of MIUI IndiaSuper SundayMerry Christmas2 Million Forum MembersMIUI SSuper MondayRocket to Future1st AnniversaryXiaomi 6th AnniversaryPuzzle MasterMIUI PScroll Of WisdomDiscuss HereMIUI 10MIUI Follower13 Million Forum MembersMIUI Medals CollectorHappy 2019MIUI Tech SurveyOreoDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Halloween 2018Heart to HeartPOCO F1Humor MasterMaster Of TechnologyStar Of Technology6 Million Forum Members8 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz9 Million Forum MembersForum Contest LoverMIUI Quick DiscussionSurpriseDebate MasterStar WarsMIUI KingMi TalentAndroid GuruMIUI 8th Anniversary10 Million Forum MembersAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalXiaomi 8th Anniversary

21:14, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
Yes... because we'll never know what might happen. If we loose our phones specially to thieves then we not only loose our phone but also the valuable information about us as well. If it's encrypted then we can sleep soundly.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 7
Online time
328 Hours
Send PM

Mi VRMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Band 2Mi MIXMi  BunnyMi BandMi KeyUnlock MedalXiaomi 6 LaunchMi WiFi RouterMijia Qi CycleMi HomeMi T-ShirtMijia Story TellerMijia Smart ShoesMi Power BankMi Yi CameraXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 6FlashholicAwesome!MIUI 2016MIUI 8MIUI 7Mi 3Mi 4SMi 5s4 Million Forum MembersXiaomi Mi 4Redmi Note 2Redmi Note 4XMi 5Mi 2Redmi Note 3Mi 4iHilal Ramadan Super SaturdayThanksgiving DayMIUI Fan from IndiaFan of MIUI MyanmarMIUI Forum AppMIUI Marathon MedalHappy Singles' DayPuzzle MasterMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 9500K Forum Members1st Anniversary300K Forum MembersDiwali Ataturk Mourning1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy New YearFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Font LoverMerry ChristmasI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI RussiaMid-Autumn FestivalMi Live MedalRooster Year of 2017MIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 2017Rocket to FutureFan Of MIUI Ukraine3500K Forum MembersSuper MondaySuper WednesdayMIUI Fan From NepalSurge S1MIUI World TourPokemon Master MedalHappy Valentine's DaySuper TuesdayMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Happy MedalFan Of MIUI ItalyFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI Fan from TurkeyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Halloween 2017Scroll Of Wisdom13 Million Forum Members6 Million Forum MembersAndroid GuruXiaomi 8th Anniversary10 Million Forum MembersDiscuss HereMIUI 8th AnniversaryIndia Independence DayMIUI 10Mi TalentMaster Of TechnologySurpriseMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI Halloween 2018Heart to HeartOTA FeedbackForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalMIUI Twitter FollowerAndroid ElfMi 5XMi Bunny Game Master Technology GuruStar Of TechnologyMIUI Medals CollectorMi Story TellerApp TalentApp TalentMIUI ExpertStar Of IconsMIUI G+ FollowerDebate MasterYouth PledgeMost Active MIUIerDie-hard MIUI FanTheme TalentInbox ZeroMIUI FB FollowerMIUI FollowerUpdates LoverMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Global Forum 2014

21:33, Sep-17-2018 | From Mi 5s
|
no, just an option not must..we can use micloud access for encryption or reset phone if our device lost or stolen, if encryption automatic by lockscreen i think we need more ram and proccessor iddle activity to proccess..

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 5 Plus
Online time
75 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalAnTuTuMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Marathon MedalSuper MondayMIUI PSuper SundayMIUI Quick DiscussionDiscuss HereSurpriseMi Lover MedalForum Contest LoverMi TalentMIUI Weekly Devices QuizXiaomi 8th AnniversaryAndroid Elf9 Million Forum Members

21:38, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
I don't think it should be a default option because it makes things complicated for many users, but it needs to be in a more obvious place to find for security concerned people...

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM

Yi Action CameraMi HomeMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi BandNinety Degree LuggageUnlock MedalNinebot MiniMi Notebook AirMijia Smart ShoesMi  BunnyMi Power BankMi T-ShirtMi WiFi RouterMi MIXMagic CubeMi Bluetooth HeadsetFantastic!MIUI Devices ContestFlashholicAwesome!I Love MIUIAnTuTuHappy Singles' DayHappy Valentine's Day5 Million Forum App Installs10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Forum AppMIUI PPuzzle MasterHappy New YearSuper SaturdayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMerry ChristmasMIUI S2 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Happy Medal1st AnniversaryMIUI 9MIUI Lucky FridaySuper MondayMid-Autumn FestivalRocket to FutureMIUI 50 Million UsersSuper SundayMIUI World TourSummer Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI King10 Million Forum MembersMIUI Tech SurveyMIUI 10Scroll Of WisdomDiscuss HereHumor MasterHeart to HeartMi DropDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI 8th Anniversary13 Million Forum MembersMaster Of Technology6 Million Forum MembersAndroid ElfXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI Quick DiscussionTheme Talent8 Million Forum MembersStar WarsStar Of TechnologyTechnology GuruMIUI Halloween 20172017 Annual Awards7 Million Forum MembersMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FollowerMi Lover MedalMr. DependableNougatAndroid GuruOreoSurpriseApp StarMIUI Superstar9 Million Forum MembersBlack SharkMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverOTA FeedbackQuick Survey5 Million Forum MembersMi TalentDebate MasterMi Story Teller

22:46, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Unless you have top secret data or private stuff not want to be seen or read by anyone (that first of all, a hand-held device shouldn't be used to store really important things), the encryption it's a waste of time because if you lost your device or was stolen, the next user it's going to erase all the data from it to try to make it usable again.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 5
Online time
7 Hours
Send PM

Ninebot MiniMi HomeMi WiFi RouterUnlock MedalMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Forum AppMIUI Marathon MedalSuper MondayMIUI Happy MedalPuzzle MasterMIUI Fan From IndonesiaScroll Of WisdomDiscuss HereSurpriseMIUI 10MIUI Weekly Devices QuizAndroid Elf10 Million Forum MembersMIUI Quick DiscussionMIUI 8th Anniversary

23:22, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 5
|
Complete waste of time. If you have something private for you on your phone, you already make the mistake. Don't store private data on your phone storage!

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
61 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesMIUI 6Awesome!FlashholicI Love MIUIMi 3Fan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Fan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSingapore BirthdayMIUI Lucky FridaySuper MondayMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan from MalaysiaHilal Ramadan MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 100 Million UsersDiwali Fan MIUI PhilippinesHappy Singles' Day300K Forum Members700K Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 5th AnniversaryAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FollowerMIUI FB FollowerMIUI 10Most Active MIUIerHumor MasterDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat6 Million Forum MembersOTA Feedback

15:47, Sep-20-2018 | From APP
|
Disabled by default and let the users decide. This is our phone so let the decision on us, gasp on very pros and cons. Our phone is part of our daily lives and nowadays we used our phones for we important files. If their goes wrong, it difficult to retrieve our precious files.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 6 Pro
Online time
308 Hours
Send PM

Mijia VR Play 2Mi VRMi Power StripXiaomi 6 LaunchMi Water PurifierNinebot MiniMijia Story TellerUnlock MedalMi TV 70Mi HeadphonesMi HomeMijia Mi Bunny RobotMagic CubeMi Selfie StickYi Action CameraMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi BandMi VR HeadsetMi WiFiMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi  BunnyMi Notebook AirMi BoxMi T-ShirtMi Band 2Mi Power BankMijia Smart ShoesMi Kids WatchNinety Degree LuggageMi ScaleMi Bluetooth HeadsetXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFlashholicMIUI 8Fantastic!MarshmallowI Love MIUIAnTuTuMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!MIUI 2016Mi TVRedmi 4XMi 4iRedmi Note 4Redmi Note 3Super MondayXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Monthly TalkMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI Drawing TalentHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Lucky FridayRooster Year of 2017Merry ChristmasMIUI Weekly PollHappy Diwali1500K Forum Members1900K Forum MembersMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI PolandFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeRocket to FutureMIUI Fan From IndonesiaThanksgiving Day1 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New YearFan Of MIUI Russia2 Million Forum MembersI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy Singles' DayMIUI 20173 Million Forum App InstallsXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupMIUI 9500K Forum MembersSuper Sunday3500K Forum Members90000 Forum MembersRingolicious MedalMIUI Fan From Myanmar300K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI SMIUI 20 Million UsersAtaturk MourningMIUI PDiwali Camera Filter Guru MedalMIUI 5th Anniversary1st AnniversaryMIUI Font LoverMIUI 7th AnniversarySuper TuesdayPuzzle MasterSuper ThursdaySuper Saturday10 Million Forum PostsSuper WednesdaySuper Friday3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalHappy Holi MedalWomen's Day MedalSingapore Merlion MedalMIUI Forum AppSurge S15 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan From NepalSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Review5 Million Forum MembersQuick SurveyUpdates LoverXiaomi 8th AnniversaryNougatMIUI FB Follower8 Million Forum MembersMIUI SuperstarMost Active MIUIerMi DropMIUI Weekend GiveawayDiscuss HereHeart to HeartOreoMIUI Tech SurveyHappy 201913 Million Forum MembersMIUI 10MIUI 8th AnniversaryMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz9 Million Forum MembersBlack SharkMIUI Twitter Follower2017 Annual AwardsEvaluator Rep6 Million Forum MembersSurpriseMi Lover MedalHumor MasterTheme TalentAndroid GuruMi Story TellerMIUI KingStar WarsMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengePioneer of MIUI English Forum 7 Million Forum MembersYouth PledgeAndroid ElfMIUI Medals CollectorApp TalentDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI ExpertMost Popular Forum UserApp TalentScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverTechnology GuruMIUI Halloween 2017MIUI Quick DiscussionMr. DependableOTA FeedbackIndia Independence DayMi Bunny Game Master Mi TalentMIUI FollowerDebate MasterInbox ZeroMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMaster Of Technology

10:57, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
Yes encryption is a must!

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
Online time
1777 Hours
Send PM

Mi T-ShirtMi WiFi RouterNinebot MiniMi Power BankMijia Smart ShoesMi BandMi  BunnyMi HomeYi Action CameraMi Bluetooth HeadsetUnlock MedalMijia 360° Panoramic CameraI Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!AnTuTuFan Of MIUI India1st AnniversaryPuzzle MasterMIUI Fan from TurkeyXiaomi 6th AnniversarySuper Sunday2 Million Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMIUI Marathon MedalSuper MondayHappy Valentine's DayMIUI SSuper SaturdayMIUI World TourRocket to FutureMIUI PHappy Singles' Day10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Lucky Friday5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Forum Contest LoverTheme TalentDie-hard MIUI FanStar Wars6 Million Forum MembersMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMi Drop13 Million Forum MembersPOCO F1MIUI Medals CollectorHappy 2019MIUI Tech SurveyHeart to HeartMIUI Halloween 2018India Independence DayScroll Of WisdomDiscuss HereHumor MasterMIUI 10Nougat8 Million Forum Members9 Million Forum MembersDebate MasterXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI FB FollowerBlack SharkMIUI SuperstarSurprise5 Million Forum MembersApp StarMIUI Quick Discussion7 Million Forum MembersMi Story TellerAndroid ElfStar Of TechnologyEvaluator RepMIUI 8th AnniversaryOreoMIUI Follower10 Million Forum MembersMIUI KingMi Lover MedalAndroid GuruMi TalentOTA Feedback

11:03, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
Should be added these days...

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Mi T-ShirtMijia 360° Panoramic CameraYi Action CameraMi BandMi Power BankUnlock MedalI Love MIUIMIUI Fan From IndonesiaPuzzle MasterHappy Singles' DayMIUI Lucky FridaySuper SaturdayMIUI Weekly PollMIUI PMIUI SSuper MondayMIUI 9Super SundayMIUI Happy MedalHappy Valentine's DayMid-Autumn FestivalRocket to FuturePioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI 10MIUI 8th Anniversary10 Million Forum MembersMaster Of TechnologyXiaomi 8th AnniversaryAndroid GuruMi Lover MedalMIUI FollowerMIUI Weekly Devices QuizAndroid ElfBlack SharkMi Story TellerMIUI SuperstarStar Wars8 Million Forum MembersDebate MasterSurprise

11:07, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 5A
|
it could be a nice feature

Supreme Member

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
Online time
159 Hours
Send PM

Mijia 360° Panoramic CameraYi Action CameraMi BandMagic CubeUnlock MedalMi BoxMi MIXMi  BunnyMijia Smart ShoesMi HomeNinety Degree LuggageNinebot MiniMi WiFi RouterMi Power BankMi T-ShirtMi TV 70Mi Notebook AirMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi Kids WatchAwesome!AnTuTuFlashholicMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!I Love MIUIMi MIXMi TVMIUI World TourMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Fan from Turkey2 Million Forum MembersMid-Autumn FestivalSuper SaturdaySuper SundayMIUI PMIUI SMIUI Fan From IndonesiaPuzzle Master5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Marathon Medal10 Million Forum PostsSuper MondayHappy Singles' DayHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Lucky FridayMerry ChristmasMIUI 50 Million UsersRocket to FutureFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesHappy New Year1st AnniversaryMIUI 9MIUI Happy MedalMIUI Forum AppXiaomi 6th AnniversaryWomen's Day MedalSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI KingStar Wars10 Million Forum MembersScroll Of WisdomHeart to HeartMIUI Halloween 2018Humor MasterPOCO F113 Million Forum MembersMIUI Tech SurveyHappy 2019Discuss HereDie-hard MIUI FanIndia Independence DayMIUI Medals Collector7 Million Forum MembersMaster Of TechnologyDual CameraMi DropMIUI 10MIUI 8th AnniversaryMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI Halloween 2017Redmi Quiz MasterMi Story TellerAndroid Guru8 Million Forum Members25 Million StrongMIUI Quick DiscussionMr. DependableMIUI Twitter Follower2017 Annual AwardsMIUI FollowerMi Lover MedalTheme TalentAndroid Elf6 Million Forum MembersForum Contest LoverOreoSurpriseMIUI Superstar9 Million Forum MembersPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Of Technology5 Million Forum MembersApp StarOTA FeedbackQuick SurveyDebate MasterMi TalentXiaomi 8th AnniversaryBlack SharkNougat

11:08, Sep-17-2018 | From Mi MIX
|
No, this is just waste of time

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Mi T-ShirtMi WiFi RouterUnlock MedalNinebot MiniMi HomeMi Power BankMijia Smart ShoesNinety Degree LuggageMi  BunnyAwesome!MIUI Marathon Medal2 Million Forum MembersMerry ChristmasMIUI SMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI World TourMIUI Happy MedalHappy Valentine's DayMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Forum AppSuper MondaySuper SaturdaySuper SundayPuzzle MasterMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Heart to HeartPOCO F1MIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI Halloween 2017Surprise6 Million Forum MembersDie-hard MIUI Fan25 Million StrongHappy 2019MIUI Tech Survey13 Million Forum MembersOreoMIUI FollowerMIUI Halloween 2018Humor MasterMIUI KingMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Quick DiscussionPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android Elf10 Million Forum MembersMi DropMIUI 10Scroll Of WisdomMi TalentIndia Independence DayDiscuss HereForum Contest LoverMIUI 8th Anniversary

11:09, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi 5 Plus
|
Yes encryption is a must!

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi S2
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalAwesome!Super MondayMIUI Lucky FridayMerry ChristmasPOCO F113 Million Forum MembersMIUI Tech SurveyHeart to HeartRedmi S2Mi Drop6 Million Forum MembersMIUI 10Surprise

11:12, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi S2
|
I never once touch the app/dats encryption part of any phone brand I had/have since the day I bought my first android

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
Online time
55 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Walkie TalkieMi BoxMi WiFi RouterMi Power BankMi  BunnyMagic CubeMi Band 2Mi HeadphonesMi Kids WatchMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi TV 70Mi T-ShirtMi ScaleUnlock MedalMi MIXFlashholicFantastic!I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestRedmi Note 4XRedmi Note 4Puzzle MasterRocket to FutureMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 9Super MondayHappy Singles' DayMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 100 Million UsersMerry ChristmasRooster Year of 2017MIUI SSuper SundayDiwali Happy DiwaliMIUI 2017MIUI PHappy New YearMiPopGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyForum Contest LoverMIUI Tech SurveyMIUI FB Follower13 Million Forum MembersMi TalentHeart to HeartMi DropMi Story TellerMIUI 10MIUI Medals CollectorMIUI G+ FollowerMost Active MIUIerTheme TalentOTA FeedbackMIUI Twitter Follower2017 Annual AwardsDie-hard MIUI Fan6 Million Forum MembersAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalMr. DependableMIUI FollowerIndonesia Independence DayAndroid GuruIndia Independence DayMIUI Halloween 2017Star Of Technology7 Million Forum MembersScroll Of WisdomTechnology GuruDebate Master

11:15, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Encryption will ensure more safety 👍 👍👍

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
35 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterMIUI World TourPuzzle MasterMIUI SSuper MondayMIUI Lucky FridayDiscuss Here6 Million Forum Members13 Million Forum MembersPOCO F1Scroll Of WisdomMIUI 10MIUI Weekly Devices QuizAndroid Elf10 Million Forum MembersMi TalentIndia Independence DayMIUI 8th AnniversaryForum Contest Lover

11:29, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
Don't do encryption by default... users are mature enough to decide themselves !

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 8
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!MIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI 10Mi DropDiscuss Here

11:30, Sep-17-2018 | From Mi 8
|
Encryption

Credits Management