Send PM

[Discussion] Battery draining

[ Promote]
279 11 |
05:18, Sep-16-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
|
Go to reply no.
Battery  drains too much rapid.  100% battery drains in 3 hours.  Recently i lost 50% in 60 minutes.  Miui stable update 9.6.2.0
screenshot_1_1537041683309.jpg

screenshot_0_1537041683084.jpg

Favorite Share

Intern Moderator

Credits
Device
Redmi 4X
Online time
254 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi HomeMi TV 70Unlock MedalMi Band 2MarshmallowAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestMi 5Redmi 4XRedmi Note 4XRedmi Note 44 Million Forum MembersHappy New YearMIUI 9Fan Of MIUI SpainMIUI 100 Million UsersRocket to FuturePuzzle MasterMIUI Forum AppMIUI 2017500K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Lucky Friday300K Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersMiPopGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyHumor MasterSurpriseStar Of Technology10 Million Forum Members2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Weekly Devices QuizDual CameraMi TalentAndroid GuruMIUI Halloween 2017Mr. DependableMost Active MIUIerTechnology GuruAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomMi Lover MedalMIUI ExpertRingtone ExpertUpdates Lover

07:30, Sep-16-2018 | From Redmi 4X
|
Holy sh¡t dude... how many threads are you going to create about the same thing?! No wonder important things get buried...

Did you install anything new? Have you tried to factory reset your phone or update it again? I mean what the hell, there are plenty of threads about this and you even go and create more, not even saying if you tried anything or not.

Be considerate with your fellow members, you write once, and maybe a bug report (note that I said 'a', singular). There may be no answers for a while, we're here to help each other but not 24/7 and the more irrelevant and duplicate threads the harder it gets.

Anyway, if you don't get answers, you wait, if enough days have passed (say... 3?) you bump that thread, i.e. write a comment to it to remind people you're still suffering from that issue.

But please, don't contribute to the forum pollution this way.
It's possible that you reply to a post of mine and I don't get notified. If there's something you'd like me to reply to, drop me a line via PM after a couple of days to let me know of the thread ^^.

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 14:18, Sep-16-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Aphanic replied at 2018-9-16 07:30
Holy sh¡t dude... how many threads are you going to create about the same thing?! No wonder importa ...

I tried everything.. I removed almost all of my heavy apps..  I did reset my phone..  And m not creating so much threads here.. I posted 2 times..  The second time is for the attachments which i didn't posted in previous post.  So please.  I know what m doing.  And m not here to creat more threads..  I just wanted to post the scree shots thats why  and i have tried everything. Even i changed my charger to a new one.  Nothing works.

Intern Moderator

Credits
Device
Redmi 4X
Online time
254 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi HomeMi TV 70Unlock MedalMi Band 2MarshmallowAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestMi 5Redmi 4XRedmi Note 4XRedmi Note 44 Million Forum MembersHappy New YearMIUI 9Fan Of MIUI SpainMIUI 100 Million UsersRocket to FuturePuzzle MasterMIUI Forum AppMIUI 2017500K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Lucky Friday300K Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersMiPopGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyHumor MasterSurpriseStar Of Technology10 Million Forum Members2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Weekly Devices QuizDual CameraMi TalentAndroid GuruMIUI Halloween 2017Mr. DependableMost Active MIUIerTechnology GuruAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomMi Lover MedalMIUI ExpertRingtone ExpertUpdates Lover

16:34, Sep-16-2018 | From Redmi 4X
|
Ajinkya_kuwar replied at 2018-9-16 07:18
I tried everything.. I removed almost all of my heavy apps..  I did reset my phone..  And m not cr ...

I count 5 threads/reports in the last 4 days per your user profile...

But let's see... since I don't experience the same in my Note 4X I'd say it could be two things: either you battery doesn't hold charge like it used to do, or something in the background is chugging quite a lot of power.

This is what I'd do, many steps could be seen as superfluous but for the sake of completeness...

- Flash the full version of the current build through Mi Flash erasing it all (i.e. not keeping data). If the bootloader is not unlocked, I'd either unlock it first (first choice) or flash the recovery ROM with the built in updater if unwilling or not possible.

- Check whether I get the same power drainage as before, without installing any of my usual apps. Maybe just AccuBattery and something like CPU-Z to see how the cores are doing.

- If everything is back to normal, we're done, problem solved. If it ain't, try to see whether the battery is not holding enough charge anymore via AccuBattery or what seems to be the cause of the drain. Try to determine it without any (many) 3rd party apps to rule out a core process being the culprit.

- Anyway, after it's all good I'd go back to installing apps, if I end up having the same behaviour afterwards it's then cause by one of them for sure. But you'll have to do the disecting yourself, from here there's little we can do.

I hope it helps, but do search the forum because there are *many* threads on how to troubleshoot a high battery drain.

Actually now that I think of it... doesn't MIUI show you the app that's causing the high draining when you get that notification?
It's possible that you reply to a post of mine and I don't get notified. If there's something you'd like me to reply to, drop me a line via PM after a couple of days to let me know of the thread ^^.

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 20:44, Sep-16-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Aphanic replied at 2018-9-16 07:30
Holy sh¡t dude... how many threads are you going to create about the same thing?! No wonder importa ...

Actually that is  the issue of the miui update 9.6.2.0 because there is no way my battery could drain this much.  I say some people making the same comment that they are having a battery draining issue.  After updating to 9.6.2.0

Credits
Device
Online time
27 Hours
Send PM
21:38, Sep-16-2018 | Via mobile
|
in mtk is even worst apter update 9.6.1.0

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 03:17, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
zigzog replied at 2018-9-16 21:38
in mtk is even worst apter update 9.6.1.0

How much battery does drains in this update

Credits
Device
Online time
27 Hours
Send PM
06:00, Sep-17-2018 | Via mobile
|
from 100 to 80 about 20 minut

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 15:02, Sep-17-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
zigzog replied at 2018-9-17 06:00
from 100 to 80 about 20 minut

Your condition is worst than mine..  

MIUI Device Team

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 MTK
Online time
789 Hours
Send PM

Magic CubeMi VRXiaomi 6 LaunchMi HomeMi  BunnyMi MIXMijia VR Play 2Mi Band 2Mi HeadphonesMijia Electric ScooterMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi Power BankMi T-ShirtMi WiFi RouterNinebot MiniMijia Smart ShoesUnlock MedalMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi BandXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!AnTuTuMIUI 8Awesome!MIUI Devices ContestFlashholicI Love MIUIRedmi Note 44 Million Forum MembersSuper SundaySuper FridayMIUI Happy MedalSuper Saturday5 Million Forum App InstallsHappy Holi MedalSuper MondayMIUI Forum AppSuper WednesdayHappy Singles' DayMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Fan From Indonesia2 Million Forum MembersMIUI SHappy Valentine's DayXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 201710 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersPuzzle MasterSurge S1Rocket to FutureSuper TuesdayWomen's Day MedalSuper ThursdayMIUI Font LoverDiwali Happy DiwaliRingolicious MedalMIUI 9Xiaomi 5th Anniversary100k Forum MembersMIUI 5th Anniversary1st AnniversaryMIUI 50 Million UsersHappy New YearFan Of MIUI GreeceAtaturk MourningMIUI PMIUI 20 Million Users90000 Forum MembersMIUI 7th Anniversary300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017MiPopI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMIUI Device Team9 Million Forum MembersMi TalentBlack SharkMaster Of Technology5 Million Forum MembersMIUI Halloween 2017Mr. DependableMIUI FB FollowerMi Story TellerSurpriseDie-hard MIUI FanDiscuss HereMIUI 10MIUI Halloween 20182017 Annual AwardsMIUI Twitter FollowerMi Lover MedalMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI 8th Anniversary7 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI FollowerMost Active MIUIerMIUI Medals CollectorDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI SuperstarYouth PledgeUpdates LoverMost Popular Forum UserAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI KingRingtone ExpertForum Contest LoverMIUI ExpertStar WarsMIUI Device ExpertMi Bunny Game Master Scroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyAndroid ElfTechnology GuruXiaomi 8th Anniversary

17:43, Sep-17-2018 | From PC
|
Ajinkya_kuwar replied at 2018-9-17 15:02
Your condition is worst than mine..

With that screenshot we can't help you a lot, as you show a massive battery drop (from >80% to <20%) in aprox. one hour and 30 minutes but you used your device the whole time (awake and screen on times are practically at 100%), so, unless you tell us which apps were running the whole time, and explain what you did we can't get any conclusion at all.
As an example, if you played the whole time or saw a movie/video, that's normal...
Please, help us help you. Always give feedback whether your issue is solved or not.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list