Gold Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V6.7.1.0.KXDMICH
Online time
61 Hours
Send PM

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] Unbrick Redmi Note 3 PRO from Hard Brick using a deep flash cable-Skip Testpoint

[ Promote]
15193 44 |
08:38, Oct-11-2016 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
My Redmi Note 3 PRO was hard bricked. I couldn't access fastboot, device wasn't recognized on adb cmd window and on device manager I couldn't install Qualcom HS-USB QDLoader 9008. Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E driver was present no matter what I was doing.

I present you the deep flash cable method with my twists.

So, I used home made deep flash cable. You can find on youtube how to make a decent cable with on/off button. I made something very basic. I just wanted to have access to the green and white wires so I can join them.
Something like this:

I used miflash 2016.08.30.0 with qualcomm drivers

Steps
1.- connect the usb cable to the phone (don't insert the cable on PC yet!)
2.- Join the white and green wires and keep them joined.
3.- Connect usb cable to PC
4.- Wait for a few seconds and release the white and green wires(keep the separated from now on)
5)- In device manager, your unit should get from should change from Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E to Qualcom HS-USB QDLoader 9008

Most probably it will not work from the first run.

Try few times. If you still have 900E instead of 9008 try to manually install the proper driver .

Go to device manager and chose update driver, "browse my computer for driver software" and "let me pick from a list..."

Press next and uncheck "show compatible hardware". Chose Qualcomm from left and after this chose qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008 from the list and install it.

If it still shows 900E instead of 9008 repeat those 5 steps posted above.

Still doesn't work? Read below:

I tried this method for several hours and I ruined two cables, trying all usb ports with different MIflash versions. I had no luck. Sometimes my unit went to Qualcom HS-USB QDLoader 9008 but it was still not showing in adb tools cmd window. Neither in miflash.

SOLUTION: I installed windows 7 32 bit on o virtual machine(I used vmware). You can also put win 8 or 10 32 or 64 bit. I couldn't install 64 bit OS in my virtual machine since my PC cpu was too old.

If you don't want to use virtual machine I suggest you to try flashing your phone on a different PC(I don't know if it will work however).

Anyway, on my win 7 32 bit virtual machine I installed MIflash 2016.08.30.0, qualcomm drivers and setup usb connection so my phone will be recognized on virtual machine instead of my PC.

I followed those 5 steps above couple of times and installed 9008 driver manually and finally my phone was recognized as Qualcom HS-USB QDLoader 9008 in device manager. Also the device appeared in MIflash. Even so, in adb tools cmd window I was having the same error with "device not found" when typing adb devices or adb reboot. Strange.

Anyway, I ignored that issue and I selected a fasbtoot 8.0.2.0 global stable rom, extracted it and hit flash button with clean all option checked.

The flash process took 4108 seconds to finish  

Probably due to the slow speed of the usb port emulated on my virtual machine or simply because I allowed low resources on that machine. It doesn't matter anymore. It worked :D

Afthe I received "flash done" in MIflash I remove the usb cable from the phone and pressed the power button for about ten seconds. MI logo popped out and after about 5 minutes finally the homescreen. :)

So, for those of you who want to avoid the testpoint method because of the method's complexity, I recommend this deep flash tutorial.

Enjoy

Favorite29 Share

Rated by 16 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

Vikas869 + 5 Great!
vavev + 1 Awesome!
rydzus + 1 Thanks!
Hexal + 1 Awesome!
mojegygy + 1 Nice, but you have to check COLORS!!!!!
entresan145 + 1 Fantastic!
585111869 + 2 Awesome!
Muz_paray + 10 + 3 Awesome!
Klizmoo + 1 Awesome!
Medolino + 2 Great! Thanx!
BharatG + 10 + 5 Great!
MrTomatico + 5 Great!
feds64 + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
MoazzamBegKhans + 1 Thanks!
DarkMatter98992 + 5 Great!
wombaboon + 2 Awesome!

Experience +58  Prestige +11  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
22 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandFantastic!Redmi Note 3Redmi Pro1900K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayMIUI 2017Rooster Year of 2017MiPopStar Of TechnologyMIUI Follower

02:51, Nov-01-2016 | From Redmi Note 3
|
for standard USB cable: Vcc-red, Ground-black, Data+-green, Data- -white

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.1.1.0.MHOMIDI
Online time
13 Hours
Send PM

Fantastic!

02:17, Nov-01-2016 | From PC
|
This post was edited by maracas at 02:20, Nov-01-2016

instead of saying green and white wires, you should mention what those wires are suppose to be...

not all usb cables follow the standard code color... for example if i follow ur instructions i will wire data '+' and '-' reading the schematics for deep flash cable, i should wire data '+' and ground...
check this

http://en.miui.com/thread-310325-1-1.html

so my question is, u were lucky guessing colors? or did u check before wiring them?

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.2.1.0.LHNCNDL
Online time
59 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Band 2Magic CubeMi HomeMi HeadphonesXiaomi 6 LaunchMi VRXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!MIUI 2016I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestRedmi 3MIUI Forum App1 Million Forum App InstallsMerry ChristmasMIUI Fan from TurkeyRooster Year of 2017Thanksgiving DayHappy New YearMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI 20171700K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI BangladeshFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Lucky FridaySuper Saturday5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper FridayHappy Valentine's DaySuper SundaySuper Thursday3500K Forum Members300K Forum MembersMIUI World TourRocket to FuturePuzzle MasterMIUI Happy Medal3 Million Forum MembersWomen's Day Medal10 Million Forum PostsSurge S1Super MondaySuper WednesdaySuper TuesdayMiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI Device ExpertMi Lover MedalMIUI KingScroll Of WisdomDie-hard MIUI FanTechnology GuruMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeAndroid GuruMIUI Twitter FollowerApp StarMi TalentForum Contest LoverStar Of Technology

11:59, Oct-11-2016 | From Redmi Note 3 MTK
|
Great! Thanks for sharing!

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
16:55, Oct-11-2016 | From PC
|
Hi and thanks for sharing. I've got a question as we already spoke in PM.

In my case, the phone appeared as 9008 but without consistency. Sometimes it appeared as 900E or unknown and I could change that by just holding the power button. When in 9008, the phone never responded back to the flash tool during ping. The fastboot command would also get hanged doing nothing when querying the device. Checked device manager and I've never seen a process more idle in my life. Now the phone does not even show up and I cleaned up the OS (Win 10).
My OS is was the one that had successfully locked the bootloader and flashed the global stable rom. i had to do that because of the dirty tricks that banggood did.

In my opinion and a couple of others from the greek miui forum, this is a hardware fault. So i want to ask you if you had a similar condition? Because from what I read, you created the problem during modding. But mine happened during normal operation from an non-rooted device.

Eat Sleep Rave Repeat

Credits
Device
Mi 6
MIUI Version
Online time
594 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFiMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Selfie StickMi Yi CameraMagic CubeMi BandMi Air PurifierMi VR HeadsetMi  BunnyMi Power StripMijia Story TellerUnlock MedalMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi HomeXiaomi 6 LaunchMi Band 2Mi HeadphonesXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!MarshmallowI Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestFlashholicMIUI 8Fantastic!MIUI 2016Redmi Note 3Redmi Note 4XRedmi NoteRedmi 4/Prime/4AMIUI Fan From Singapore2100K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryXiaomi 6th Anniversary1500K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollMid-Autumn FestivalFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI World TourDiwali Happy DiwaliFan Of MIUI BangladeshMi Live MedalFan Of MIUI India1800K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalMIUI 300 Weeks1900K Forum Members1700K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI SpainMIUI Forum AppMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI Marathon MedalSuper ThursdayMIUI Drawing Talent3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan from TurkeyRooster Year of 2017MIUI 2017Rocket to FutureMIUI Lucky Friday10 Million Forum PostsSurge S1Super MondayFan Of MIUI BulgariaMIUI Fan From NepalHappy Valentine's DayPuzzle MasterSingapore Merlion MedalMIUI Happy MedalSuper WednesdaySuper TuesdayFan Of MIUI RussiaMerry Christmas300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersI Love 2016Super SundayHappy Holi MedalThanksgiving Day1 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New YearSuper FridayMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan from MalaysiaGamer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Device TeamMIUI Medals CollectorMi Lover MedalMi Story TellerYouth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterMIUI Device ExpertApp TalentHumor MasterMi TalentApp StarMIUI KingInbox ZeroUpdates LoverMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI ExpertMaster Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomAndroid GuruStar Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverAndroid ElfTechnology GuruMIUI FollowerApp Talent

19:04, Oct-11-2016 | From Redmi Note 3
|
Thanks for sharing

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.2.3.0.MHOMIDL
Online time
107 Hours
Send PM

Mi TV 70Mijia Story TellerMi VR HeadsetMi Water PurifierMi Power StripMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi HomeUnlock MedalMi Yi CameraMi Band 2Mi Selfie StickXiaomi 6 LaunchXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8MarshmallowMIUI 2016Awesome!Fantastic!MIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestRedmi Note 3Super Tuesday1700K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan from IndiaOlympics MedalMIUI Forum AppRooster Year of 2017Diwali 3 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshMi Live Medal1800K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalHappy Valentine's DaySuper Wednesday5 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 6th AnniversarySurge S110 Million Forum Posts1300K Forum Members300K Forum MembersSuper ThursdayFan Of MIUI GreeceUEFA EURO MedalWomen's Day MedalHilal Ramadan Happy DiwaliFan Of MIUI IndiaMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI PolandSuper SaturdayFan Of MIUI RussiaHappy New YearThanksgiving DayI Love 2016Super Monday3 Million Forum App InstallsHappy Holi MedalFan Of MIUI Spain1900K Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI World TourRocket to FutureFan Of MIUI UkraineGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Scroll Of WisdomMi Lover MedalMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Medals CollectorDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterMi Story TellerWallpaper ExpertYouth PledgeStar Of IconsMIUI FB FollowerStar Of TechnologyInbox ZeroAndroid GuruMIUI Twitter FollowerForum Contest LoverMaster Of TechnologyApp StarMIUI FollowerUpdates LoverMIUI ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid ElfRingtone Star Mi TalentTechnology Guru

20:33, Oct-11-2016 | From PC
|
Thank you for sharing.

Gold Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V6.7.1.0.KXDMICH
Online time
61 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 22:44, Oct-11-2016 | From PC
|
@chat1978 Yeah I managed to brick the device myself during a wrong flash procedure probably. First I received that "not enough space" message in miflash, after a while the "hello packet..." message and after this it was "dead".

It's sad if you say your phone bricked suddenly. And yes, it may be a hardware problem on your device. I read lot of forums in the last days regarding this problem(miui forums,international forums using google translate etc) and it seems you are the only one who has a note 3 pro bricked overnight without a flash attempt or something.

Did you managed to try my deep flash cable method?

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
23:16, Oct-11-2016 | From PC
|
christian29 replied at 2016-10-11 22:44
@chat1978 Yeah I managed to brick the device myself during a wrong flash procedure probably. First I ...

Not overnight. Within 30minutes of unattended time.

No I didn't try further and the cable you have shortcircuites the white and green where mine was black and green. Any how, I really do not believe that its a software problem. I'm not an Android expert but what I experienced during three days is only similar to faulty memories in the pc world.

MIUI Device Team

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
303 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mijia Story TellerMi HomeUnlock MedalMi VR HeadsetMi VRMi BandXiaomi 6 LaunchMi WiFiMi Power Bank 10000MAH Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMIUI 2016MIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestMarshmallowAwesome!Fantastic!Redmi Note 3I Love 2016Fan Of MIUI Bangladesh1800K Forum MembersThanksgiving Day3 Million Forum App Installs2100K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Weekly PollXiaomi 6th Anniversary1900K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI ItalyDiwali MIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI Russia10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersHappy New YearWomen's Day MedalMIUI Fan From NepalSuper ThursdaySuper Saturday300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppRocket to FutureMIUI Font LoverSurge S1Super WednesdayMIUI 2017Super TuesdayRooster Year of 2017MIUI Lucky FridaySuper FridaySuper MondayI Love Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Device TeamForum Contest LoverDebate MasterMIUI ExpertMaster Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalTechnology GuruScroll Of WisdomMi TalentYouth PledgeMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMIUI Device ExpertMIUI KingInbox ZeroMi Story TellerApp TalentStar Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerApp StarAndroid ElfMIUI Twitter FollowerAndroid GuruDie-hard MIUI Fan

19:26, Oct-18-2016 | From Redmi Note 3
|
adding this to my favorit... thanks for sharing..

Diamond Member

Twitter@MoazzamBegKhans

Credits
Device
Redmi 4A
MIUI Version
V8.2.6.0.MCCMIDL
Online time
45 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandUnlock MedalXiaomi 6 LaunchAwesome!MarshmallowMIUI 8I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2016Fantastic!Redmi Note 31900K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI World TourHappy DiwaliMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Forum AppHappy New YearMIUI 6th Anniversary3 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI RussiaI Love 2016Super WednesdayMIUI 20173500K Forum MembersMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI FB FollowerDebate MasterMIUI Twitter FollowerStar Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalMIUI FollowerHumor MasterAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomForum Contest LoverMIUI KingMi Story TellerMi TalentDie-hard MIUI FanApp TalentInbox Zero

13:44, Oct-27-2016 | From PC
|
thanks.. very well ... dear..
Moazzam Beg Khans Team
Twitter@MoazzamBegKhans
FB@MoazzamBegKhans

Gold Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
11 Hours
Send PM
21:27, Oct-27-2016 | From PC
|
mine is showing 9000E INSTEAD OF 9008 ANY SOLUTION .
I AM NOT ABLE TO ENTER EDL MODE FROM FASTBOOT PLZ HELP

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list