Gold Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V6.7.1.0.KXDMICH
Online time
52 Hours
Send PM

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] Unbrick Redmi Note 3 PRO from Hard Brick using a deep flash cable-Skip Testpoint

[ Promote]
11707 42 |
08:38, Oct-11-2016
| |
|
Go to reply no.
My Redmi Note 3 PRO was hard bricked. I couldn't access fastboot, device wasn't recognized on adb cmd window and on device manager I couldn't install Qualcom HS-USB QDLoader 9008. Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E driver was present no matter what I was doing.

I present you the deep flash cable method with my twists.

So, I used home made deep flash cable. You can find on youtube how to make a decent cable with on/off button. I made something very basic. I just wanted to have access to the green and white wires so I can join them.
Something like this:

I used miflash 2016.08.30.0 with qualcomm drivers

Steps
1.- connect the usb cable to the phone (don't insert the cable on PC yet!)
2.- Join the white and green wires and keep them joined.
3.- Connect usb cable to PC
4.- Wait for a few seconds and release the white and green wires(keep the separated from now on)
5)- In device manager, your unit should get from should change from Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E to Qualcom HS-USB QDLoader 9008

Most probably it will not work from the first run.

Try few times. If you still have 900E instead of 9008 try to manually install the proper driver .

Go to device manager and chose update driver, "browse my computer for driver software" and "let me pick from a list..."

Press next and uncheck "show compatible hardware". Chose Qualcomm from left and after this chose qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008 from the list and install it.

If it still shows 900E instead of 9008 repeat those 5 steps posted above.

Still doesn't work? Read below:

I tried this method for several hours and I ruined two cables, trying all usb ports with different MIflash versions. I had no luck. Sometimes my unit went to Qualcom HS-USB QDLoader 9008 but it was still not showing in adb tools cmd window. Neither in miflash.

SOLUTION: I installed windows 7 32 bit on o virtual machine(I used vmware). You can also put win 8 or 10 32 or 64 bit. I couldn't install 64 bit OS in my virtual machine since my PC cpu was too old.

If you don't want to use virtual machine I suggest you to try flashing your phone on a different PC(I don't know if it will work however).

Anyway, on my win 7 32 bit virtual machine I installed MIflash 2016.08.30.0, qualcomm drivers and setup usb connection so my phone will be recognized on virtual machine instead of my PC.

I followed those 5 steps above couple of times and installed 9008 driver manually and finally my phone was recognized as Qualcom HS-USB QDLoader 9008 in device manager. Also the device appeared in MIflash. Even so, in adb tools cmd window I was having the same error with "device not found" when typing adb devices or adb reboot. Strange.

Anyway, I ignored that issue and I selected a fasbtoot 8.0.2.0 global stable rom, extracted it and hit flash button with clean all option checked.

The flash process took 4108 seconds to finish  

Probably due to the slow speed of the usb port emulated on my virtual machine or simply because I allowed low resources on that machine. It doesn't matter anymore. It worked :D

Afthe I received "flash done" in MIflash I remove the usb cable from the phone and pressed the power button for about ten seconds. MI logo popped out and after about 5 minutes finally the homescreen. :)

So, for those of you who want to avoid the testpoint method because of the method's complexity, I recommend this deep flash tutorial.

Enjoy

Favorite26 Share

Rated by 15 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

vavev + 1 Awesome!
rydzus + 1 Thanks!
Hexal + 1 Awesome!
mojegygy + 1 Nice, but you have to check COLORS!!!!!
entresan145 + 1 Fantastic!
585111869 + 2 Awesome!
Muz_paray + 10 + 3 Awesome!
Klizmoo + 1 Awesome!
Medolino + 2 Great! Thanx!
BharatG + 10 + 5 Great!
MrTomatico + 5 Great!
feds64 + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
MoazzamBegKhans + 1 Thanks!
DarkMatter98992 + 5 Great!
wombaboon + 2 Awesome!

Experience +53  Prestige +11  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
13 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandFantastic!Redmi ProRedmi Note 3Rooster Year of 2017Thanksgiving DayMiPopMIUI Follower

02:51, Nov-01-2016
|
for standard USB cable: Vcc-red, Ground-black, Data+-green, Data- -white

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.1.1.0.MHOMIDI
Online time
13 Hours
Send PM

Fantastic!

02:17, Nov-01-2016
|
This post was edited by maracas at 02:20, Nov-01-2016

instead of saying green and white wires, you should mention what those wires are suppose to be...

not all usb cables follow the standard code color... for example if i follow ur instructions i will wire data '+' and '-' reading the schematics for deep flash cable, i should wire data '+' and ground...
check this

http://en.miui.com/thread-310325-1-1.html

so my question is, u were lucky guessing colors? or did u check before wiring them?

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.1.3.0.LHNCNDI
Online time
46 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Band 2Magic CubeMi HomeUnlock MedalMi HeadphonesI Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI 2016Awesome!Redmi 3I Love 2016Thanksgiving Day1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 6th Anniversary5 Million Forum App Installs1700K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshMerry ChristmasMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Forum AppXiaomi 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI RussiaSurge S1Happy New YearWomen's Day MedalSuper Tuesday10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersSuper FridayMIUI Happy MedalPuzzle MasterSuper MondaySuper WednesdayMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI 2017Rooster Year of 2017Happy Valentine's DayMiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMi Lover MedalMIUI Device ExpertDie-hard MIUI FanForum Contest LoverMi TalentApp StarTechnology GuruMIUI Twitter FollowerStar Of TechnologyAndroid Guru

11:59, Oct-11-2016
|
Great! Thanks for sharing!

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
16:55, Oct-11-2016
|
Hi and thanks for sharing. I've got a question as we already spoke in PM.

In my case, the phone appeared as 9008 but without consistency. Sometimes it appeared as 900E or unknown and I could change that by just holding the power button. When in 9008, the phone never responded back to the flash tool during ping. The fastboot command would also get hanged doing nothing when querying the device. Checked device manager and I've never seen a process more idle in my life. Now the phone does not even show up and I cleaned up the OS (Win 10).
My OS is was the one that had successfully locked the bootloader and flashed the global stable rom. i had to do that because of the dirty tricks that banggood did.

In my opinion and a couple of others from the greek miui forum, this is a hardware fault. So i want to ask you if you had a similar condition? Because from what I read, you created the problem during modding. But mine happened during normal operation from an non-rooted device.

Eat Sleep Rave Repeat

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
MIUI Version
Online time
412 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power StripMi VR HeadsetMi BandMi WiFiMi Yi CameraMi Selfie StickMi  BunnyMi Air PurifierMi Band 2Mi HomeUnlock MedalMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMagic CubeMijia Story TellerMi HeadphonesMIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIFlashholicFantastic!MarshmallowAwesome!MIUI 8Redmi Note 4XRedmi Note 3Mid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Happy Medal1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI SpainFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI 6th AnniversaryRocket to FutureMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI ItalySingapore Merlion MedalMIUI World TourXiaomi 6th AnniversarySuper Friday1800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI India1700K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMi Live MedalFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 300 WeeksHappy DiwaliMIUI Fan from IndiaDiwali MIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeI Love 2016MIUI Lucky Friday1 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New YearThanksgiving Day10 Million Forum PostsMerry ChristmasMIUI Drawing TalentMIUI 2017Puzzle MasterFan Of MIUI RussiaPokemon Master MedalHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Marathon MedalFan Of MIUI BulgariaMIUI Fan From NepalSurge S1Super Monday1500K Forum Members3 Million Forum Members2100K Forum MembersSuper ThursdayRooster Year of 2017Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Device TeamStar Of TechnologyUpdates LoverYouth PledgeMi TalentDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalScroll Of WisdomMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Device ExpertInbox ZeroMIUI FollowerHumor MasterApp TalentMi Story TellerApp StarMIUI ExpertApp TalentMIUI Medals CollectorAndroid ElfAndroid GuruMIUI KingForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerTechnology Guru

19:04, Oct-11-2016
|
Thanks for sharing

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.1.1.0.MHOMIDI
Online time
104 Hours
Send PM

Mi Yi CameraUnlock MedalMi Power StripMi Band 2Mi TV 70Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi HomeMi BandMi VR HeadsetMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Water PurifierMijia Story TellerMIUI 8MIUI 2016MarshmallowMIUI 7Fantastic!I Love MIUIAwesome!Redmi Note 3Mi Live MedalFan Of MIUI BangladeshSuper MondayFan Of MIUI India1800K Forum MembersDiwali MIUI Fan from IndiaHilal Ramadan 1300K Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 6th AnniversaryUEFA EURO MedalFan Of MIUI Greece1700K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksOlympics MedalPokemon Master MedalMIUI Forum AppHappy DiwaliRooster Year of 2017MIUI 2017MIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Fan from TurkeyHappy New YearFan Of MIUI RussiaThanksgiving DayHappy Valentine's DayWomen's Day MedalSuper ThursdayRocket to Future3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsSuper WednesdaySurge S1Merry Christmas3 Million Forum App Installs1900K Forum MembersMIUI World TourMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI PolandFan Of MIUI SpainI Love 2016Summer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopI Love Mi BunnyMi TalentWallpaper ExpertDie-hard MIUI FanYouth PledgeStar Of TechnologyMIUI ExpertMi Bunny Game Master Mi Story TellerForum Contest LoverMIUI Medals CollectorDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomMIUI Twitter FollowerStar Of IconsAndroid GuruInbox ZeroApp StarAndroid ElfMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMaster Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerMIUI FB FollowerTechnology GuruUpdates LoverMi Lover Medal

20:33, Oct-11-2016
|
Thank you for sharing.

Gold Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V6.7.1.0.KXDMICH
Online time
52 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 22:44, Oct-11-2016
|
@chat1978 Yeah I managed to brick the device myself during a wrong flash procedure probably. First I received that "not enough space" message in miflash, after a while the "hello packet..." message and after this it was "dead".

It's sad if you say your phone bricked suddenly. And yes, it may be a hardware problem on your device. I read lot of forums in the last days regarding this problem(miui forums,international forums using google translate etc) and it seems you are the only one who has a note 3 pro bricked overnight without a flash attempt or something.

Did you managed to try my deep flash cable method?

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
23:16, Oct-11-2016
|
christian29 replied at 2016-10-11 22:44
@chat1978 Yeah I managed to brick the device myself during a wrong flash procedure probably. First I ...

Not overnight. Within 30minutes of unattended time.

No I didn't try further and the cable you have shortcircuites the white and green where mine was black and green. Any how, I really do not believe that its a software problem. I'm not an Android expert but what I experienced during three days is only similar to faulty memories in the pc world.

MIUI Device Team

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.2.1.0.MHOCNDL
Online time
170 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Unlock MedalMi WiFiMi HomeMi BandMi VR HeadsetMijia Story TellerMIUI 2016Awesome!I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8Fantastic!MarshmallowRedmi Note 31800K Forum Members2100K Forum MembersI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI RussiaDiwali MIUI Fan From Indonesia1900K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Weekly PollRooster Year of 2017MIUI 2017Women's Day MedalMIUI Lucky FridayThanksgiving DaySuper MondayMIUI Fan From NepalSurge S1Super FridaySuper Tuesday10 Million Forum PostsSuper Wednesday3 Million Forum Members3 Million Forum App InstallsSuper ThursdayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaHappy New YearMiPopI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverMaster Of TechnologyDebate MasterAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FollowerMIUI KingScroll Of WisdomYouth PledgeAndroid GuruMi TalentMi Story TellerApp StarMIUI Twitter FollowerStar Of TechnologyInbox ZeroApp TalentMIUI Device Expert

19:26, Oct-18-2016
|
adding this to my favorit... thanks for sharing..

Diamond Member

BeyPeople News

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.1.1.0.MHOMIDI
Online time
36 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandUnlock MedalFantastic!MarshmallowI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 2016Redmi Note 3MIUI World TourMIUI Fan From SingaporeHappy DiwaliI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI RussiaXiaomi 6th Anniversary3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMIUI 6th AnniversaryHappy New YearAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopDebate MasterStar Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FB FollowerInbox ZeroMIUI KingHumor MasterAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomMi Story TellerApp TalentMi TalentDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FollowerForum Contest Lover

13:44, Oct-27-2016
|
thanks.. very well ... dear..
Moazzam Beg Khans Team
Twitter@MoazzamBegKhans
FB@MoazzamBegKhans

Gold Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
11 Hours
Send PM
21:27, Oct-27-2016
|
mine is showing 9000E INSTEAD OF 9008 ANY SOLUTION .
I AM NOT ABLE TO ENTER EDL MODE FROM FASTBOOT PLZ HELP

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list