Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum

Gold Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
62 Hours
Send PM

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] Unbrick Redmi Note 3 PRO from Hard Brick using a deep flash cable-Skip Testpoint

[ Promote]
21685 46 |
08:38, Oct-11-2016 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
My Redmi Note 3 PRO was hard bricked. I couldn't access fastboot, device wasn't recognized on adb cmd window and on device manager I couldn't install Qualcom HS-USB QDLoader 9008. Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E driver was present no matter what I was doing.

I present you the deep flash cable method with my twists.

So, I used home made deep flash cable. You can find on youtube how to make a decent cable with on/off button. I made something very basic. I just wanted to have access to the green and white wires so I can join them.
Something like this:

I used miflash 2016.08.30.0 with qualcomm drivers

Steps
1.- connect the usb cable to the phone (don't insert the cable on PC yet!)
2.- Join the white and green wires and keep them joined.
3.- Connect usb cable to PC
4.- Wait for a few seconds and release the white and green wires(keep the separated from now on)
5)- In device manager, your unit should get from should change from Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E to Qualcom HS-USB QDLoader 9008

Most probably it will not work from the first run.

Try few times. If you still have 900E instead of 9008 try to manually install the proper driver .

Go to device manager and chose update driver, "browse my computer for driver software" and "let me pick from a list..."

Press next and uncheck "show compatible hardware". Chose Qualcomm from left and after this chose qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008 from the list and install it.

If it still shows 900E instead of 9008 repeat those 5 steps posted above.

Still doesn't work? Read below:

I tried this method for several hours and I ruined two cables, trying all usb ports with different MIflash versions. I had no luck. Sometimes my unit went to Qualcom HS-USB QDLoader 9008 but it was still not showing in adb tools cmd window. Neither in miflash.

SOLUTION: I installed windows 7 32 bit on o virtual machine(I used vmware). You can also put win 8 or 10 32 or 64 bit. I couldn't install 64 bit OS in my virtual machine since my PC cpu was too old.

If you don't want to use virtual machine I suggest you to try flashing your phone on a different PC(I don't know if it will work however).

Anyway, on my win 7 32 bit virtual machine I installed MIflash 2016.08.30.0, qualcomm drivers and setup usb connection so my phone will be recognized on virtual machine instead of my PC.

I followed those 5 steps above couple of times and installed 9008 driver manually and finally my phone was recognized as Qualcom HS-USB QDLoader 9008 in device manager. Also the device appeared in MIflash. Even so, in adb tools cmd window I was having the same error with "device not found" when typing adb devices or adb reboot. Strange.

Anyway, I ignored that issue and I selected a fasbtoot 8.0.2.0 global stable rom, extracted it and hit flash button with clean all option checked.

The flash process took 4108 seconds to finish  

Probably due to the slow speed of the usb port emulated on my virtual machine or simply because I allowed low resources on that machine. It doesn't matter anymore. It worked :D

Afthe I received "flash done" in MIflash I remove the usb cable from the phone and pressed the power button for about ten seconds. MI logo popped out and after about 5 minutes finally the homescreen. :)

So, for those of you who want to avoid the testpoint method because of the method's complexity, I recommend this deep flash tutorial.

Enjoy

Favorite36 Share

Rated by 17 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

xyber-boy + 1 Great!
Vikas869 + 5 Great!
vavev + 1 Awesome!
rydzus + 1 Thanks!
Hexal + 1 Awesome!
mojegygy + 1 Nice, but you have to check COLORS!!!!!
entresan145 + 1 Fantastic!
585111869 + 2 Awesome!
Muz_paray + 10 + 3 Awesome!
Klizmoo + 1 Awesome!
Medolino + 2 Great! Thanx!
BharatG + 10 + 5 Great!
MrTomatico + 5 Great!
feds64 + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
MoazzamBegKhans + 1 Thanks!
DarkMatter98992 + 5 Great!
wombaboon + 2 Awesome!

Experience +59  Prestige +11  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.5.4.0.NCFMIED
Online time
25 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandFantastic!Redmi Note 3Redmi Pro1900K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayMIUI 2017Rooster Year of 2017MiPopStar Of TechnologyMIUI Follower

02:51, Nov-01-2016 | From Redmi Note 3
|
for standard USB cable: Vcc-red, Ground-black, Data+-green, Data- -white

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.5.6.0.MHOMIED
Online time
14 Hours
Send PM

Fantastic!

02:17, Nov-01-2016 | From PC
|
This post was edited by maracas at 02:20, Nov-01-2016

instead of saying green and white wires, you should mention what those wires are suppose to be...

not all usb cables follow the standard code color... for example if i follow ur instructions i will wire data '+' and '-' reading the schematics for deep flash cable, i should wire data '+' and ground...
check this

http://en.miui.com/thread-310325-1-1.html

so my question is, u were lucky guessing colors? or did u check before wiring them?

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
74 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi VRUnlock MedalMi MIXMi Band 2Magic CubeMi HeadphonesMi HomeXiaomi 6 LaunchXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Redmi 3Merry ChristmasHappy New YearMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI 2017Rooster Year of 20171 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 6th Anniversary1700K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppFan Of MIUI BangladeshSuper MondayXiaomi 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI RussiaI Love 2016Thanksgiving DayHappy Valentine's DaySuper SundaySuper Tuesday5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper FridaySuper ThursdayRocket to Future3500K Forum Members300K Forum MembersMIUI World TourMIUI Happy MedalSuper Saturday3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsSurge S1Women's Day MedalPuzzle MasterSuper WednesdayI Love Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamOTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI KingMost Popular Forum UserForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMi TalentApp StarScroll Of WisdomTechnology GuruMIUI Device ExpertMIUI Twitter FollowerStar Of Technology

11:59, Oct-11-2016 | From Redmi Note 3 MTK
|
Great! Thanks for sharing!

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
16:55, Oct-11-2016 | From PC
|
Hi and thanks for sharing. I've got a question as we already spoke in PM.

In my case, the phone appeared as 9008 but without consistency. Sometimes it appeared as 900E or unknown and I could change that by just holding the power button. When in 9008, the phone never responded back to the flash tool during ping. The fastboot command would also get hanged doing nothing when querying the device. Checked device manager and I've never seen a process more idle in my life. Now the phone does not even show up and I cleaned up the OS (Win 10).
My OS is was the one that had successfully locked the bootloader and flashed the global stable rom. i had to do that because of the dirty tricks that banggood did.

In my opinion and a couple of others from the greek miui forum, this is a hardware fault. So i want to ask you if you had a similar condition? Because from what I read, you created the problem during modding. But mine happened during normal operation from an non-rooted device.

Eat Sleep Rave Repeat

Credits
Device
Mi 6
MIUI Version
Online time
924 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFiMi BandMi Yi CameraMagic CubeXiaomi 6 LaunchMi HeadphonesMi Power StripMi VR HeadsetMi Air PurifierMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Unlock MedalMi  BunnyMijia Story TellerMi Band 2Mi Selfie StickMijia VR Play 2Mi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!MarshmallowMIUI 8MIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestFlashholicAwesome!I Love MIUI4 Million Forum MembersRedmi Note 3Redmi Note 4XXiaomi Mi 6Redmi NoteRedmi 4/Prime/4A1900K Forum Members1800K Forum MembersMi Live MedalMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Fan From IndonesiaPokemon Master MedalI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI SpainThanksgiving DayFan Of MIUI RussiaMerry Christmas100k Forum Members2100K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI Fan From Singapore1 Million Forum App InstallsHappy DiwaliMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Weekly PollMIUI 6th AnniversaryXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI 9Fan Of MIUI BangladeshDiwali 1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI Fan from TurkeySuper FridayMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Forum AppMIUI Happy MedalRocket to Future10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaHappy Holi Medal1700K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersMIUI 300 Weeks300K Forum MembersSuper WednesdaySuper SundaySuper TuesdayHappy New YearPuzzle MasterXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Drawing TalentHilal Ramadan Fan Of MIUI AustraliaRooster Year of 2017MIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI Lucky FridaySingapore Merlion Medal90000 Forum MembersSurge S1Super MondayMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI BulgariaHappy Valentine's DayMiPopGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMIUI Device TeamYouth PledgeOTA FeedbackUpdates LoverMost Popular Forum UserScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Bunny Game Master Most Active MIUIerMi TalentMIUI Medals CollectorDebate MasterIndia Independence DayTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverMaster Of TechnologyApp StarApp TalentInbox ZeroMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FollowerMi Story TellerMIUI KingApp TalentMIUI FB FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI ExpertHumor MasterMIUI Device Expert25 Million Strong

19:04, Oct-11-2016 | From Redmi Note 3
|
Thanks for sharing

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.5.6.0.MHOMIED
Online time
108 Hours
Send PM

Mi TV 70Mijia Story TellerMi VR HeadsetMi Water PurifierMi Power StripMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi HomeUnlock MedalMi Yi CameraMi Band 2Mi Selfie StickXiaomi 6 LaunchXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8MarshmallowMIUI 2016Awesome!Fantastic!MIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestRedmi Note 3Super Tuesday1700K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan from IndiaOlympics MedalMIUI Forum AppRooster Year of 2017Diwali 3 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshMi Live Medal1800K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalHappy Valentine's DaySuper Wednesday5 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 6th AnniversarySurge S110 Million Forum Posts1300K Forum Members300K Forum MembersSuper ThursdayFan Of MIUI GreeceUEFA EURO MedalWomen's Day MedalHilal Ramadan Happy DiwaliFan Of MIUI IndiaMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI PolandSuper SaturdayFan Of MIUI RussiaHappy New YearThanksgiving DayI Love 2016Super Monday3 Million Forum App InstallsHappy Holi MedalFan Of MIUI Spain1900K Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI World TourRocket to FutureFan Of MIUI UkraineGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Scroll Of WisdomMi Lover MedalMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Medals CollectorDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterMi Story TellerWallpaper ExpertYouth PledgeStar Of IconsMIUI FB FollowerStar Of TechnologyInbox ZeroAndroid GuruMIUI Twitter FollowerForum Contest LoverMaster Of TechnologyApp StarMIUI FollowerUpdates LoverMIUI ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid ElfRingtone Star Mi TalentTechnology Guru

20:33, Oct-11-2016 | From PC
|
Thank you for sharing.

Gold Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
62 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 22:44, Oct-11-2016 | From PC
|
@chat1978 Yeah I managed to brick the device myself during a wrong flash procedure probably. First I received that "not enough space" message in miflash, after a while the "hello packet..." message and after this it was "dead".

It's sad if you say your phone bricked suddenly. And yes, it may be a hardware problem on your device. I read lot of forums in the last days regarding this problem(miui forums,international forums using google translate etc) and it seems you are the only one who has a note 3 pro bricked overnight without a flash attempt or something.

Did you managed to try my deep flash cable method?

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
23:16, Oct-11-2016 | From PC
|
christian29 replied at 2016-10-11 22:44
@chat1978 Yeah I managed to brick the device myself during a wrong flash procedure probably. First I ...

Not overnight. Within 30minutes of unattended time.

No I didn't try further and the cable you have shortcircuites the white and green where mine was black and green. Any how, I really do not believe that its a software problem. I'm not an Android expert but what I experienced during three days is only similar to faulty memories in the pc world.

MIUI Device Team

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
427 Hours
Send PM

Mi VRXiaomi 6 LaunchMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Band 2Unlock MedalMi HomeMi VR HeadsetMi BandMijia Story TellerMi WiFiXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8MIUI 2016Fantastic!I Love MIUIMarshmallowAwesome!Redmi Note 3I Love 20161800K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI RussiaHappy New Year2100K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI World Tour1900K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 2017Xiaomi 6th AnniversaryDiwali Fan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Weekly Poll3 Million Forum App InstallsRocket to FutureMIUI Forum AppMIUI Font LoverSuper Saturday3 Million Forum Members300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersMIUI 910 Million Forum PostsSuper ThursdaySuper FridaySuper TuesdaySuper MondayRooster Year of 2017Surge S1MIUI Fan From NepalSuper WednesdayWomen's Day MedalMiPopI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamIndonesia Independence DayDebate MasterMaster Of TechnologyMIUI KingForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalIndia Independence DayTechnology GuruMi Bunny Game Master Android ElfMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatScroll Of WisdomMIUI Device ExpertDie-hard MIUI FanYouth PledgeInbox ZeroMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeApp TalentStar Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerMi Story TellerApp StarMIUI Twitter FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI ExpertMi Talent

19:26, Oct-18-2016 | From Redmi Note 3
|
adding this to my favorit... thanks for sharing..

Diamond Member

Editor in-chief inkPointMedia

Credits
Device
Redmi 4A
MIUI Version
V8.5.1.0.MCCMIED
Online time
49 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandUnlock MedalXiaomi 6 LaunchAwesome!MarshmallowMIUI 8I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2016Fantastic!Redmi Note 31900K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI World TourHappy DiwaliMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Forum AppHappy New YearMIUI 6th Anniversary3 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI RussiaI Love 2016Super WednesdayMIUI 20173500K Forum MembersMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI FB FollowerDebate MasterMIUI Twitter FollowerStar Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalMIUI FollowerHumor MasterAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomForum Contest LoverMIUI KingMi Story TellerMi TalentDie-hard MIUI FanApp TalentInbox Zero

13:44, Oct-27-2016 | From PC
|
thanks.. very well ... dear..
Moazzam Beg Khans Team
Twitter@MoazzamBegKhans
FB@MoazzamBegKhans

Gold Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
11 Hours
Send PM
21:27, Oct-27-2016 | From PC
|
mine is showing 9000E INSTEAD OF 9008 ANY SOLUTION .
I AM NOT ABLE TO ENTER EDL MODE FROM FASTBOOT PLZ HELP

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list