3.5.10 - Full rom
3.5.11 - Update patch REMOVED
3.5.16-17 - update patch
3.5.21-25 - update patch
3.5.28-31 - update patch
3.5.31 - released full rom
3.6.4 - 7   - update patch
3.6.9 - update patch

For those who are in need of it, here is the download link for the Email app: http://d-h.st/uTb
Flash it from Recovery

[Notes]
Please, don't report call record button not working in Nexus. It is known that it isn't possible to have a two way call recorder. Only thing you can do is patching the kernel, installing ALSA mixer and there is a russian call recorder, a paid one which work. Withouth alsa mixer and patch, the rom can't record anything. So please, don't report this as a bug.

[NEW]
As per nanana request, I selected the top 5 bugs which will be considered as soon as possible:
- Email client missing
- After clean install with all wipes GNEX does not accept SIM PIN-code
- Google Search says location service off, although it's on
- OTA not working with official gapps

these are possibly fixed as nanana said 4 hours before... please update and reply

Here are pointed out the bugs seen there, and in the second post you will see the fixed which were done and in which version.
The bugs, highlighted in red, are critical bugs, so it would be nice to take care first of all about those, and not the rest

Here is the list of the official Gnex beta testers:
pyroemaniac       zipalign              tetragrammaton       hassanaltaf             liessel
sendhiloo7          kemal_cool        Hesit8                       kοng                      victordg  
BurgerZ              garner               TheGhost                  Ivanbotty              JUGmobile
matious              Shahreaz           ryuken11221            RiderOnSuzuki        miuinathan

And here is the list of the bugs grouped. I decided to upload the pictures elswhere to a third party website so the thread would be more organized.

• Phone contacting bugs:
[Contacts]
- After first install of the ROM and login to the Xiaomi account sync process was started. But there was no accounts lists in the Contacts settings (choose account to display it's contacts)
- searching for nickname doesn't work

[Call]
[NEW 3.5.17] Soft button missing sometimes
[NEW 3.6.7] Call answer screen is delayed 2-3 seconds. Ringtone and led starts, screen remains blank
- Bluetooth connection disconnects bluetooth when recieveng a call
- HaxSync based contact photos won't show full screen picture in call window. Screenshot attached how it should be [Screenshot]

[Messaging]
[NEW 3.5.28] No emoticons or out of grid [Screenshot]
[NEW] no landscape sms, although v5 alowed it in early stages
[NEW 3.5.25] Create message, add TO, tap on plus... add nickname... tap on green nickname, ok, go back, back to save message as draft, pictures of users disappear
[NEW 3.5.24] sending messages one after the the other fast makes extreme lag
- in other language, some language based letters are messed up [Screenshot]
- if conversation number won't fill the page in messaging, after sliding the list a line appears and hides after sweeping up [Screenshot]

[Accounts and Sync]
- XIAOMI sync give FC
- XIAOMI account contacts not present even after logging in and sync is finished. Works after adding gapps and synced with google contacts too
- Can't add google account without google apps
- Cannot complete sync when syncing MiCloud Service's Call Log and SMS:

• Office and Media bugs

[Camera and Gallery]
[NEW 3.5.16] No external storage installed error message sometimes
[NEW 3.5.21] Panorama rendering fails
[NEW 3.5.24] Camera
- Gallery application - there are two, the original one and the MIUI one
- Disableing google gallery disables Camera app too
- Picture doesn't show up in gallery
- Can't select default media player if I install a new one to play video from gallery
- Sometimes gallery application doesn't detect old photos, only the new ones taken with MIUI v5 beta
- Pictures downloaded with browser doesn't show up in gallery (pictures in "Download" folder)

[Email]
- Email client missing

[Browser]
[NEW 3.5.31] Tab prieview doesn't show content sometimes [Screenshot]
[NEW 3.5.30] Pinch zoom slow, or doesn't even work
[NEW 3.5.16]  when swiping from top of the screen, the notification bar overlaps the browser bar [Screenshot]
[NEW 3.5.16]  reading mode shows nothing
[NEW 3.5.24] Buttons color is hard to read [Screenshot]
[NEW 3.5.24] Search button overlaps URL bar [Screenshot]

[Notes]
- When opening notes "popup app" the launcher moves up for cca. 20pxls and great lag (about a whole second) and lack of fps occurred
- Closing notes popup app with home button it doesn't close the kayboard

[Calculator]
- when loading, the calculator starts withouth numbers on the buttons, loads after a half second [Screenshot]

[Calendar]
- No landscape mode

[Clock]
- The clock has a white line which should be filled [Screenshot]
- the 2x2 analog clock widget needs about half second to show the right time (most usualy just the seconds indicator) each time you came to the screen where the widget is placed

[Alarm]
-
When an alarm goes off and you let it automatically turn off with out silencing or snoozing the notification is unresponsive and you can not get rid of it without a reboot [Screenshot]
- Alarm screen covered by set up scroll of time [Screenshot]

[Music Player]

[NEW 3.6.7] Sometimes when music player starts from paused state, the song title has a black highlight instead of transparent
- When opening music "popup app" the launcher moves up for cca. 20pxls and great lag (about a whole second) and lack of fps occurred [Screenshot]
- Album art download although I disable it via Mobile network... not sure if it can be disabled on wifi
- Album art doesn't scroll while swiping left to right or right to left (songs, playing, lyrics screens)
- starting music player via lockscreen with full volume it gives a kick sound, lower the volume and than rise it up again

[Text input]
- pointer not working in full screen input [Screenshot]
- portrait full screen after sending sms, doesn't clear the text box (Go Keyboard)
- Google TTS gives Force Close
- Autocorrect stops working

[File Explorer]
- Images made with old rom doesn't generate preview [Screenshot]
- Category view sometimes messed up, not counting apks etc
- Sometimes, rom creates duplicate files

• System security and development

[Battery]
[NEW 3.5.25] huge battery consumption
[NEW 3.5.25] lockscreen shows different battery charge then top bar style battery
[NEW 3.5.25] can't charge fully only to 99 percent

[Backup]
- several system settings are not saved and restored properly

[Notification]
[NEW 3.5.17] Notification isn't working in real time

[Sound]
[NEW 3.5.21] Silent mode doesn't show correct values for for volumes [Screenshot]
//although I don't think this is an error... it should just show the set values and only disable them

[Market]
- Notification about update is present although I checked to don't show notifications (Miui Market)

[Downloads]
- After downloaded a picture, it doesn't show up in the Downloaded section

[Firewall]
- Error occured when try to access Firewall Log : Firewall > Log > Message Log > Click on message

[Launcher]
- constant crash with many apps (>100). No FC just loading launcher over and over again

[System]
[NEW 3.6.7] No confirmation dialog for reboot
[NEW 3.5.31] Mediascanner causes wakelock
[NEW 3.5.31] Apps from previsios v4, doesn't show up, only after upgrading GAPPS
[NEW 3.5.25] RAM optimisation is really bad
[NEW 3.5.16] OTA not working with official gapps
[NEW 3.5.16] lag while opening 3rd party apps (contacts for example from facebook, images send to facebook)
- Interactive shell needed ROOT [Screenshot]
- when installing CA certificate on phone, that stock JB theme popup appears
- Pulling SIM card away and restarting withouth a SIM card, phone still shows carrier and signal strenght
- Settings - Battery - Battery use - clicking on the Xiaomi sync causes hot reboot. After it I can't get to the home screen, because of xiaomi blocked phone screen (screen with my xiaomi UID and password fields, but entering password gives me Invalid username or password). After making full reboot phone works as usual.
- Memory leak due to Launcher, roughly 20 mb
- Google Search says location service off, although it's on
  1. W/LocationProviderProxy(392): com.baidu.map.location resolves service com.android.location.service.v2.NetworkLocationProvider, but has wrong signature, ignoring
  2. W/LocationProviderProxy(392): com.google.android.location resolves service com.android.location.service.v2.NetworkLocationProvider, but has wrong signature, ignoring
  3. W/GeocoderProxy(392): com.baidu.map.location resolves service com.android.location.service.GeocodeProvider, but has wrong signature, ignoring
  4. W/GeocoderProxy(392): com.google.android.location resolves service com.android.location.service.GeocodeProvider, but has wrong signature, ignoring
Copy the Code
- System UI stoped message after reboot from a factory reset
- After making screenshot while phone is pluged in USB, the screenshot files appears, but are shown as 0B size (appears only sometimes, usually after taking screenshot and not clearing the notification)
- About -> Lelgal information: Open source Licences shows empty space, the rest isn't translated

[Updater]
- stuck with "Checking for update" message... works after restart
[NEW 3.5.16] changelog not present on new updates

• Connection and share

[FTP]
- Non-anonymous login doesn't work, can't add username or password. It say it's invalid, works but can't use "-", "_" and numbers in username, but there is no warning about this

• Appearance and costumisation

[Font]
- Font size doesn't apply to apps

[Launcher]
- 4x5 cell layout should have a little bit more space between the icons [Screenshot]
- Launcher Transitions (Transitional Effects) Lag/jitter - only classic and classic (no overshoot) are fine
- Launcher pinch into preview lags - improved in 3.5.23 but still needs a bit of smoothening

[Display]
[NEW 3.5.23] top bar battery style fills only 50% of the screen in landscape. With full battery it looks like its charged only to half [Screenshot]
- Application icon won't show the correct icon when installing apps from Play Store, Market [Screenshot]
- No home button on lockscreen - torch can not be activated via this
- Messed up a bit in "About" section (wasn't able to make this error again) [Screenshot]
- After going back with the back menu, that ugly white line appears on the top[Screenshot]
- Cancel button width is not wide enough, button text got out of boundary, on [ Calendar > event ] and [ Contact > Edit ] [Screenshot]
- when you enter or exit the notes app, when the keyboard moves away or showed up with sliding effect, the white space show up in the keyboard space [Screenshot]

[Themes]
[NEW 3.6.7] downloaded icons doesn't show up in local
[NEW 3.6.7] Can't set boot animation
- Can't apply fonts
- downloaded bootanimation MTZ from forum, imported... got (no network connection error) or simply doesn't let met install mtz... says isn't from market...

[Optimisation]
- Home button opens the multitasking/cache clear image also opens up google search... (can be disabled: Settings -> Button and Keys -> Long press screen keys -> Home key: none) when GAPPS is installed
- In the stock JB ROM you can pul down the notification center just with swipe down anywhere from the launcher, here you have to slide down from the top of the screen. Screen is kind a big one, so it would be nice to have this feature here too.

- Pulled logcat after restart :) here it is if somebody is interested

log.zip

44.82 KB, Read Permission: 89, Downloads: 2, Download cost : Experience -1

Favorite1

Comment

silver2706 Ops..list is increasing day by day..  01:49, May-15-2013
MasterTB Great work, keep it up!  06:29, May-11-2013
silver2706 Gr8 Job..buddy  01:56, May-11-2013

Rated by 6 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

JUGmobile + 3 Great!
Shahreaz + 5 Great!
kemal_cool + 5 Awesome!
Orr.Penn.18 + 1 Fantastic!
liessel + 5 Great!
MasterTB + 2 Great!

Experience +19  Prestige +2  View Rating Log

I have a Galaxy Nexus. It's almost like other Nexus, but this one is mine, through happiness and sadness. He is mine, and I am his.

Diamond Member

Advanced Robotics

Credits
Device
Galaxy Nexus
MIUI Version
Online time
69 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 20 Million UsersPioneer of MIUI English Forum I love MIUI

Author| 20:51, May-10-2013
|
This post was edited by Hesit8 15:40,Jul-19-2013

Here are posted the fixes:
with bold are highlighted the newest fixed

• Camera and Gallery
- Photosphere missing - fixed in 3.6.7
- Can't play video, there is no video player

• Call
- Incoming call after accepting it won't hear anything not in, not outgoing sounds - fixed in 3.5.1

• Sharing
-  when selecting an option to share a file, long press option = reboot - fixed in 3.6.7

• Browser
- Landscape input messes up adress bar - fixed in 3.5.16
- Buttons missing - fixed in 3.5.16
- downloaded images doesn't show up in gallery - fixed in 3.5.25

• Music player
- Color overlaping on title at player main page - fixed in 3.5.11
- Equalizer isn't translated - fixed in 3.5.16
- Music widget play button out of alignment - fixed in 3.5.16
- Media volume can't be rised to maximum when headphones pluged in - fixed in 3.5.21

• Themes
- Alarm screen not themed with new theme - fixed in 3.5.11
- Bootanimation not present, even if there is a new one downloaded, only Android logo - fixed in 3.5.25
- Prieviews generally fails to load - fixed 3.6.6
- taping PLAY from lockscreen doesn't start playing music - fixed in 3.5.21, appeared in 3.5.25 - fixed in 3.6.7

• Text input
- keyboard overlaps input area - fixed in 3.5.16
- text input unequal split at the bottom in messages - fixed in 3.5.16
- pointer isn't in the midle of the magnifier - fixed in 3.5.16
- in new message creation I have to double tap "to" text input to show up keyboard - fixed in 3.5.23

• Lockscreen
- No charge animation on the lockscreen - fixed in 3.5.11
- Charge animation present when lockscreen goes back with doubletap from music player lockscreen - fixed in 3.5.11
- taping PLAY from lockscreen doesn't start playing music - fixed in 3.5.21
- While playing music, the lockscreen has a delay to enter sleep mode when power button is pressed - fixed in 3.5.23

• System
- Optimising app screen is fully white after installing gapps - fixed in 3.5.16
- Charge animation present when lockscreen goes back with doubletap from music player lockscreen - fixed in 3.5.11
- After making screenshot while phone is pluged in USB, the screenshot files appears, but are shown as 0B size (appears only sometimes, usually after taking screenshot and not clearing the notification) - fixed in 3.5.16
- "Complete action using" messes up application name, shows pacakge name instead - fixed in 3.5.16
- Permission mannager, APP tab, click any app, DETAILS cause HOT REBOOT - fixed in 3.6.6
- soft buttons missing in some apps - fixed in 3.6.6
- Wrong model detected/written in build.prop
- SIM Toolkit missing

• Developers option
- Stay awake function doesn't keep the phone awake - fixed in 3.5.16

• Display
- Top bar is half hidden under status bar, lower bar overlaps with dialer - fixed in 3.5.16
- Autobrightness after sms recieve doesn't change to full brightness (starts from lowest and slowly increases the brightness) - fixed in 3.5.23
- Pulling down notification bar while message is arrived makes the notification area only half visible - fixed in 3.5.25
- Music player, and Notes icon Flashed when swiped down - fixed in 3.6.7

• Launcher

- Notification pull down, and pull up lacks of fps, and it's laggy, not smooth - improved in 3.5.21, fixed in 3.5.22
- Increased lag and jitter when there are many app icons in a folder (when scrolling up/down) - improved in 3.5.25, a little bit more tweaking is needed

• Messaging

- can't edit nickname via + sign, nickname, tap on nickname.. taping the textbox would show and immediately close keyboard (go keyboard, portrait full screen) without full-screen everything works ok - fixed in 3.2.25

• File Explorer

- Deleting files via File Manager doesn't delete files only from symlink. It remains accessible to PC - fixed in 3.5.25
- Overlapping of the total space shown

• Secuirty
- After clean install with all wipes GNEX does not accept SIM PIN-code

Comment

MIUIAustralia Thanks for effort! I have a Galaxy Nexus too.  14:36, Jul-16-2013
silver2706 Gr8..I appreciate your efforts....thanks..  01:05, Jun-10-2013
tetragrammaton Thumbs up!  17:03, May-11-2013
I have a Galaxy Nexus. It's almost like other Nexus, but this one is mine, through happiness and sadness. He is mine, and I am his.

Diamond Member

Advanced Robotics

Credits
Device
Galaxy Nexus
MIUI Version
Online time
69 Hours
Send PM

Author| 22:25, May-10-2013
|
This post was edited by Hesit8 21:08,May-25-2013

Here are posted the improvements made so far:

- statusbar pull down and up speed increased - decreseased with 3.5.25 update
- pinch in zoom is improved although it needs more FPS and needs to be smoother
- swipe down loads widgets faster although it needs a bit more improvement
- memory leaking fixed a bit more... ROM starts after fresh reboot with aroun 300Mb of RAM free

Comment

silver2706 Gud work...thanks..  01:05, Jun-10-2013

MIUI Fan Site

miui.su

Credits
Device
Nexus 5
MIUI Version
Online time
32 Hours
Send PM

Fan of MIUI Russia

22:30, May-10-2013
|
Hesit8 replied at 2013-5-10 22:25
that google apps is because the outdated google search...  it happens in cm, aokp, liquid, etc :) no ...

Yes.
I tried install ROM again (with PIN disabled) and contacts app shows xiaomi account now. Sorry.
I am developer of:
* WSM Tools (and all WSM modules, including Mi-Tools)
* jBART tool
* Weather BZ
* http://burgerz.pro

Diamond Member

Advanced Robotics

Credits
Device
Galaxy Nexus
MIUI Version
Online time
69 Hours
Send PM

Author| 22:33, May-10-2013
|
so should I remove the contact thing?

Comment

BurgerZ Remove for now.  22:35, May-10-2013

MIUI Beta Team

Credits
Device
Nexus 5
MIUI Version
Online time
120 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 6MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 50 Million UsersAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Fan from SingaporeMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMI 3MIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI V5 ReviewAwesome!Primary beta testerMIUI Porting TeamPioneer of MIUI English Forum I love MIUII love Mi BunnyOTA FeedbackMIUI Follower

22:35, May-10-2013
|
This post was edited by sendhiloo7 22:42,May-10-2013

After ROM updated , I have lost custom recovery ( TWRP) , the ROM installed stock recovery ..

We have to flash recovery from fastboot.....

Only some FC after installed Gapps , other than that its looks very good.

Edit 1: when you trying disable or end the apps rebooting( settings -> apps -> select the app -> disable)  , anyone else getting this issue ?
Best Regards,
Senthil Kumar D

Diamond Member

Advanced Robotics

Credits
Device
Galaxy Nexus
MIUI Version
Online time
69 Hours
Send PM

Author| 22:49, May-10-2013
|
This post was edited by Hesit8 23:02,May-10-2013

installed via CWM... asked to disable flash recovery... taped yes... everything ok... TWRP problem here... MIUI usually put original recovery up... maybe... never happened

FC with gapps... with google search I think... update google search

rebooting no... settings -> apps -> gallery (google) -> disable -> ok

other thing... after downloading some MTZ from the forum my theme app says that is not from the market and to look after similars on the market... ideea?

MIUI Fan Site

miui.su

Credits
Device
Nexus 5
MIUI Version
Online time
32 Hours
Send PM

Fan of MIUI Russia

23:04, May-10-2013
|
Hesit8 replied at 2013-5-10 22:49
installed via CWM... asked to disable flash recovery... taped yes... everything ok... TWRP problem h ...

Delete QuickSearchBox.apk from Google apps or QuickSearchBox.odex from the ROM (after gapps install)
I am developer of:
* WSM Tools (and all WSM modules, including Mi-Tools)
* jBART tool
* Weather BZ
* http://burgerz.pro

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Nexus 5
MIUI Version
Online time
107 Hours
Send PM

MIUI ExpertMIUI V5 ReviewPrimary beta testerMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum

23:07, May-10-2013
|
This post was edited by garner 23:11,May-10-2013

Edit your build prop to enable apps from play store

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Nexus 5
MIUI Version
Online time
107 Hours
Send PM

MIUI ExpertMIUI V5 ReviewPrimary beta testerMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum

23:09, May-10-2013
|
Hesit8 replied at 2013-5-10 22:49
installed via CWM... asked to disable flash recovery... taped yes... everything ok... TWRP problem h ...

I flashed 4.1.2 gapps  had fc on Google search but noticed there was an update in play store. I installed that and the problem was gone

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list