Credits
Device
Redmi Note
MIUI Version
JHECNBE23.0
Online time
672 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 6Mi 2RedmiRedmi Note300K Forum Members1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI Fan From SingaporeI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Device TeamAndroid GuruMIUI ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruMIUI Device ExpertMIUI Photography GuruStar Of MIUI Device TeamMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterMIUI Photography Team MemberApp StarMIUI SuperstarRedmi Quiz MasterMaster Of Technology

[Reviews] MIUI 6 Full Review: Visually Stunning, Stunningly Simple (Videos, Screenshots)

[ Promote]
292717 675 |
15:23, Aug-16-2014
| |
|
Go to reply no.
Hi MIUIers,

The long-expected MIUI 6 is finally here! Visually stunning, Stunningly Simple. It's a new chapter for MIUI. And here is a full review for you to get a taste of it.

MIUI 6 Review Collection: Find all the reviews on MIUI 6 here! (Updating)

We believe that it takes more than justgood features to create a beautiful design. From orderly workflows, clearhierarchies and fluent responses, we believe that good design exists in everytap, drag and pinch you make. Natural and intuitive, just the way it should be.This is MIUI 6. It's visually stunning, stunningly simple. It's the start of anew chapter.

MIUI 6 Design: Less is more
We want to create a ROM with the best user experience. So we've stripped away unnecessary distractions sothat you can really focus on the rights things, in the right place, when youneed them. Simple is the key word here.

Home screen. All-new icons.
The home screen has always been the centralplace to switch between apps and enable or disable features. With MIUI 6, we'vebrought in new global operation gestures that are also optimized for devices withlarge screens. Batch organize icons, quick search tools and other features areeasy, intuitive, and even fun to use.

New design for tools. Calendar, Calculator, Weather, Compass, Clock and more.

Editing home screen. Widgets. Wallpapers.

Home screen gestures
Access the Notification Center from anyscreen, including the lock screen. Just swipe down and swipe up to call out theglobal search panel. Get up to speed.

Mi Cloud
Mi Cloud lets you access your photos,contacts, messages, call logs and more from anywhere. With 10 GB of freestorage and more powerful features, Mi Cloud seamlessly syncs all content onyour Mi Phone, Mi Pad, Mi TV and more.

Mi Cloud backs up your photos over Wi-Fi, allowing you to view them from anytime, anywhere. Create a shared photo streamfor your vacation and you can see photo and video contributions on this streamon your 49-inch Mi TV. You can also choose to only share your content with yourfriends and family. With distributed data storage mechanisms on Mi Cloud, all data received is encrypted from transmission to storage. Your Miaccount also requires two-step sign in authentication, so that only you canaccess your information. The privacy and security of your content is of utmostimportance to us.

Browser
Mi Cloud allows you to sync bookmarks inthe MIUI Browser. You can continue browsing web sites on your Mi Pad from whereyou left off on your Mi Phone.  

Performance
Save power: MIUI 6 comes with more power-saving modesto adjust the standby time of your device. You no longer have to worry aboutrunning out of battery at moments when you need it the most.

MIUI 6 introduces various Linux kernel& RAM optimization techniques, which allow applications to run more efficiently. It is much faster and super awesome.
- Smart CGroup
- ZRAM
- Bitmap Cache
- TrimHeaps

Security
With MIUI 6, you won't need extra safety tools. Top security is guaranteed within the operating system to protect against malicious apps and viruses. The built-in Permission in MIUI 6 prevents unauthorized apps from accessing your data without your permission. Besides,the exclusive Virus Scan helps you check and kill virus before installing any app. We've got it covered.

Clean Master, the world's most downloaded Android cleaner, is built-in to help you free up storage, boost memory, enhancespeed, and secure your device against malicious apps and vulnerabilities.

With complete network control features,Data Usage is capable of helping you monitor network traffic and save data.

Camera App

Gallery

Contact/Dial Pad
It's the most basic function you wouldexpect your phone to have, and now we've made the phone call experience evenbetter. With MIUI 6, you can identify, mark or block unwanted calls withseveral detailed options.

Email
We've redesigned the Mail app to put allmails with the same subject into one folder so that you can see what's new at aglance. Decide which emails you want to read first and when. An attachment listalso allows you to view and save attachments directly. Hundreds of mailaccounts types are supported, just fill in your email address and password.

Settings

Display

Do Not Disturb

Notifications

Sound

Headphones

System App

Developer Options

So, what do you want to know about MIUI 6 further?

Read more about MIUI 6 on Xiaomi Mi 4 here.

Introducing MIUI 6: Visually Stunning, Stunningly Simple

MIUI 6 on Mi3 Review by @DustinDep  See more

Other Reviews:
MIUI 6 Camera App (Beta version 4.8.15) by @allakazoo
My First Impression of MIUI 6 (Xiaomi Mi 3) by @zardMi3
my current review for miui 6 by @StekpiN
MIUI 6 on Mi3:“Visually Stunning, Stunningly Simple”by @slavin23

Also Read:
Like MIUI ROM on Facebook to Win a Xiaomi Mi 4 Smartphone!
300 Beta Testers Wanted for MIUI 6! Apply Here to Join Us!
A close look at designs and news features of MIUI 6. Which one do you like best?
News Roundup of MIUI 6: New Look, New Apps, Top Features, Mi Cloud
A Comparison of MIUI V5 and MIUI 6. Which one do you like better?
[News Team] The MIUI 6 collection

Favorite95 Share

Rated by 258 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

Ridwans + 1 Fantastic!
XenonSP + 1 Fantastic!
SrikanthReddyK + 1 Great!
chocolatesqx + 1 Great!
greg_h_w + 2 Awesome!
mtarun + 1 Awesome!
Hackroid + 1 Great!
knox_wade + 5 Awesome!
clubix + 1 Awesome! Love MIUI and XIAOMI
Xhonathan + 1 Fantastic!
MI3MohanCHN + 1 Fantastic!
Hades!! + 1 Fantastic!
gualai + 1 Over whelming and still trying to absorb
rithulr + 1 Great!
sergman + 1 Great!
wongsaaphat + 1 <font><font>ที่ดี!</font&
ExtremeHD + 1 Awesome!
AbhiGiri + 1 Great!
puteh83 + 1 Awesome!
RiceKnight + 1 Awesome!
RaihanSazal + 1 Fantastic!
drinamdars + 1 Great!
xm3n + 1 Thanks!
toilet_123456 + 1 Awesome!
MuAntHoMs + 1 Fantastic!
JingzSato + 1 Great! Ang Galing!
Hibikii + 1 Great!

Experience +491  Prestige +11  View Rating Log

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 3
MIUI Version
Online time
1903 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi WiFi RouterMi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesI Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 2016MIUI 6FlashholicFantastic!Awesome!MIUI 7Mi 1Mi PadXiaomi Mi 4Mi 3RedmiMi 4iMIUI HalloweenMIUI Fan From Philippines1 Million Forum Members300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Indonesia90000 Forum Members100k Forum MembersMIUI 20 Million Users1st AnniversaryMIUI English Forum 2013Fan Of MIUI IndiaAtaturk MourningMIUI 30 Million UsersFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Thanksgiving Day600K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BrazilXiaomi 5th AnniversaryHappy Singles' Day700K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporeDiwali 800K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum Members2014 ChristmasFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI 4th AnniversaryGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Writers TeamMIUI Beta Team VIPAndroid GuruStar Bug FinderMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatUpdates LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014Forum Contest LoverYouth PledgeOTA FeedbackAndroid ElfMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Translation ContributorMi TalentMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanPioneer of MIUI English Forum Super ModeratorMIUI Community VIPStar Of IconsSenior Beta TesterStar Of  MIUI Beta TeamMIUI FollowerMr. DependableBest ArticleMIUI Expert

15:34, Aug-16-2014
|
A new experience indeed. Stunning looks, It's like falling in love all over again.

Comment

alialmabhouh Support: 5 Objection: 0 +1  17:37, Aug-16-2014
Retired

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Others
MIUI Version
Online time
23 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesI Love MIUIMIUI 4th Anniversary300K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersI Love Mi BunnyOTA FeedbackInbox Zero

06:48, Aug-17-2014
|
Although I am not a big fan of "holo" design that strips away creativity I have to admit it, MIUI 6 really redefines flat interfaces. I kind of miss shadowing already.

Some questions though:

1. Does simplified, flat UI now mean that MIUI ROM uses a lot less resources (RAM, Processing) than v5?
2. Will MIUI 6 hold onto tradition on being open-source and available to all for porting?
3. Does MIUI 6 rely completely on the MiCloud to function?
[b]Speed, Precision, Experience, Endurance[/b]

Credits
Device
Mi3
MIUI Version
V7.0.6.0.KXDMICI
Online time
20 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From Singapore300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaAndroid GuruMIUI Global Forum 2014

18:09, Aug-16-2014
|
Cant wait to get it installed on my Mi3

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

Joethedemon + 1 Fantastic!

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note
MIUI Version
V7.1.3.0.KHDMICK
Online time
64 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BoxFlashholicAwesome!MIUI 6I Love MIUIMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI HalloweenMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 50 Million Users1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy DiwaliThanksgiving Day300K Forum Members500K Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamAndroid ElfYouth PledgeMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatForum Contest LoverMIUI FollowerOTA FeedbackAndroid GuruPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterStar Of IconsInbox ZeroDebate MasterMIUI Global Forum 2014Die-hard MIUI Fan

15:34, Aug-16-2014
|
Is new MIUI V6 allow apps and photo and other media to be direct installed or stored in the SD card?

Comment

tienzhern Ditto  08:59, Aug-17-2014

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

kuehkoci + 1 exactly what i wanted to ask as well

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4c
MIUI Version
Online time
254 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 2016Awesome!I Love MIUIFantastic!FlashholicMIUI 7MIUI 6MIUI 2015Redmi Note 2Mi 4cRedmi 2Fan Of MIUI India300K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan MIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 50 Million Users1st AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersHappy New Year1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Fan from IndiaMerry ChristmasFan of MIUI MyanmarThanksgiving Day900K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI ExpertPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Medals CollectorOTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Forum Contest LoverAndroid ElfMi Bunny Game Master Mi TalentMIUI FB FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruStar Of IconsUpdates Lover

15:26, Aug-16-2014
|
Very nice, i like this!!
Android and Microsoft Developer

MIUI Honorary Moderator

她是我的

Credits
Device
Mi Note
MIUI Version
Online time
628 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMIUI 7I Love MIUIRedmi 1SMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Device TeamMi TalentSuper Moderator

15:28, Aug-16-2014
|
The time and courier switch places.
MIUI Malay Language Translator & Super Moderator
Xiaomi MIUI Malaysia Community

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi3
MIUI Version
KXDMIBH32.0
Online time
96 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 6MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Beta TeamUpdates Lover

15:29, Aug-16-2014
|
Massive improvement over MIUI 5. Loving it so far. Can't wait for the update to release
PS: Would love a video of the walkthrough of the new rom.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi3
MIUI Version
Online time
80 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 6I Love MIUIMIUI 2016MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamAndroid Guru

15:32, Aug-16-2014
|
This time devp. team worked alot on cam app
MI 3 - W  INDIA

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi3
MIUI Version
Online time
407 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIMIUI 6Mi 3Mi 2Fan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI Global Forum 2014Die-hard MIUI FanPioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA Feedback

|
Where is art?

Comment

Elbay.Malik It is not even fully supported in AOSP/AOKP and etc ROMs (which are updated veeery fast). Thus I think it would be better without ART before full Android L support, which runs in ART as default  19:08, Aug-16-2014

Rated by 3 people   Experience Reason  

Euphoria_ + 1 Agreed!
Tommy_CZ + 1 Agreed!
volcano619 + 1 Agreed!

Experience +3  View Rating Log

Platinum Member

Discovering MIUI...

Credits
Device
Mi3
MIUI Version
Online time
1142 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMi BoxMIUI 6Fantastic!FlashholicAwesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 2015Mi 3MIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan from India1st AnniversaryMIUI HalloweenSingapore BirthdayMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 50 Million UsersDiwali MIUI Fan from TurkeyFan Of MIUI IndiaThanksgiving DayMIUI 100 Million UsersAtaturk MourningGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FollowerMi Bunny Game Master OTA FeedbackMIUI Global Forum 2014Android ElfForum Contest LoverUpdates LoverDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatHumor MasterStar Of IconsPioneer of MIUI English Forum Inbox ZeroAndroid Guru

|
impressive, Mass changes, Kudos!
ਜੱਟ ਨੂ ਫਿਕਰ ਬਥੇਰੇ...

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
MIUI Version
Online time
206 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterMi Power BankMi BandMi BoxMi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMIUI 2015I Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI 6FlashholicAwesome!Mi TVMi 4iMi 3Happy Singles' Day700K Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersAtaturk MourningMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Philippines300K Forum Members800K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI HalloweenThanksgiving DayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 2014 Christmas500K Forum MembersFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI 100 Million Users600K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan from IndiaHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Fan From Singapore1st AnniversaryFan Of MIUI IndiaAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverAndroid GuruAndroid ElfMi TalentMIUI G+ FollowerDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA FeedbackMost Active MIUIerUpdates LoverDie-hard MIUI FanYouth PledgeHumor MasterMIUI FollowerMi Bunny Game Master Inbox ZeroStar Of Icons

15:33, Aug-16-2014
|
It's stunningly beautiful

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list