[Q & A] Messaging SIM Card Full

[ Promote]
3397 7 |
15:34, Aug-14-2014 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
Hi Redmi Note users,

Do you experience warning of messaging SIM Card Full whenever you reboot the phone? I had checked messages stored in SIM card, both SIM card message are empty. Do not know what is the problem.

Thanks.
Favorite Share

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
250 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandFantastic!MIUI 6Awesome!I Love MIUIRedmi 2Mi NoteMIUI 50 Million UsersHappy DiwaliSingapore BirthdayMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million UsersMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Fan From SingaporeHappy Valentine's DayMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyInbox ZeroAndroid ElfPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android GuruMIUI FollowerSuper Moderator

17:27, Aug-14-2014 | From PC
|
Maybe you could try an app to see if, for sure, there's nothing saved in your SIM card? You can try something like SIM card manager.

Did you try to see which SIM card prompts the error? Example, inserting only 1 SIM Card to check.

I would think it's a problem with the SIM card, but you never know, might be a crazy bug!

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note
Online time
167 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMi KeyMi BandAwesome!MIUI 6Redmi NoteMi TVMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporeSingapore BirthdayHilal Ramadan 2014 ChristmasThanksgiving DayHappy DiwaliMid-Autumn Festival300K Forum MembersMIUI Device TeamPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FollowerMIUI Device Expert

22:24, Aug-14-2014 | From PC
|
I've never encountered this problem so far and I wasn't aware of any SIM card that can store text messages.
Try to remove SIM card and swap around slots to check whether the SIM card or the SIM slot has a problem.

Credits
Device
Redmi Note
Online time
24 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 10:35, Aug-15-2014 | From PC
|
Hi all, problem solved after i inserted the SIM card back to Nokia phones and remove all the SMS inside it. I wonder why Android cannot detect those SMSes.

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
250 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandFantastic!MIUI 6Awesome!I Love MIUIRedmi 2Mi NoteMIUI 50 Million UsersHappy DiwaliSingapore BirthdayMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million UsersMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Fan From SingaporeHappy Valentine's DayMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyInbox ZeroAndroid ElfPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android GuruMIUI FollowerSuper Moderator

10:39, Aug-15-2014 | From PC
|
OHLS replied at 2014-8-15 10:35
Hi all, problem solved after i inserted the SIM card back to Nokia phones and remove all the SMS ins ...

Thanks for your feedback! Maybe it's cos of SMS format... Just taking a wild guess...

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
14:47, Dec-17-2015 | Via mobile
|
Hi, I'm from India, just bought Mi4i it was going good, but just a day ago I updated it, n since then it started showing sms space full, it can hardly keep 100 sms, n it showing sim sms full, incoming sms cannot display, phone has 11 Gb of space, can't find smarter setting options. Pls help with solution,

Credits
Device
Mi Max 2
Online time
18 Hours
Send PM
23:36, Dec-18-2015 | From PC
|
SIM card do store many others data inside.
Most probably you can extract from the same phone &or other SIM card Reader, read inside SIM card.
This is why some said the Phone is Lock, by SIM card.
Most phone may not read SIM card properly, as it is unique to the Phone & SIM card that did exchange data to & fro.
You can store sms & other info, inside SIM card.
Do not forget that if you store sms in SIM card, the contact capacity may be reduce.
Old and unused SIM card do have many uses, such as keeping your contacts inside as a spare.  
In case you lost the SIM card, you still have contacts available, not lost.

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
23:29, Apr-10-2018 | Via mobile
|
Iam here with an issue of SMS storage. I brought MI4 and I witnessed it to be an awesome and smooth operating one but the only and unbearable problem iam facing with it is the SMS storage. After ever 50 SMS I get notified with ' Sim card storage full please delete some message' . I feel really disguised though it got 4gb ram ,iam getting dump with this silly problem. Iam look forward to get the solution of the problem I stated.Thank you  

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list