Credits
Device
Online time
20 Hours
Send PM
21:59, Aug-22-2014 | From PC
|
vivzZ replied at 2014-8-22 15:48
To get the whats app notifications without delay, never exit the app totally, i mean dont long press ...

Hey man! Thanks for the tip! Solves part of my problem which I used to press on back button ( long press to close app ). But shouldn't the apps auto start after we cleared the RAM? I mean that's the whole idea for allowing permissions for the app to auto start right?

For now, what I can't figure out is Facebook and some other apps ( all set to auto start ) did not auto start up when phone is rebooted. A little troublesome to need to manually reopen all the apps for them to run again in the background.

And I noticed that the recent app trays can hold up to about 16 recent apps? Lol that's alot for me compared to touchwiz, like 5-8 recent apps only.  Guess the only way is to lock the apps I want push notifications to come in time then...

Anyway, do you leave your recent app trays full of apps? Just wondering lol...

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
100 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIMIUI 2015RedmiMi 3MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI India300K Forum MembersAndroid GuruAndroid ElfMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatPioneer of MIUI English Forum

22:17, Aug-22-2014 | From PC
|
Λrtemisia replied at 2014-8-22 21:59
Hey man! Thanks for the tip! Solves part of my problem which I used to press on back button ( long ...

Lol. Earlier I used to regularly clean all the recent apps tray but then I realised that all the apps listed there are not actually running in the background. I don't use it anymore.
The only thing which I do is to longpress back and close all the apps which don't give any notifications unlike facebook, gmail, whatsapp which should be running in the background for the notifications to arrive. So, I try to avoid the ram cleaner function as far I can..

It is a bit clumsy. Hope the developers take note of this anomaly..

Credits
Device
Online time
20 Hours
Send PM
11:01, Aug-23-2014 | From PC
|
vivzZ replied at 2014-8-22 22:17
Lol. Earlier I used to regularly clean all the recent apps tray but then I realised that all the a ...

Haha thanks again! I was so tempted to clear RAM before and now I can just use the homescreen button instead. It'll be better this way too since I can get notifications again. Also, no worries for RAM...

Credits
Device
Online time
20 Hours
Send PM
15:28, Aug-23-2014 | From PC
|
vivzZ replied at 2014-8-22 22:17
Lol. Earlier I used to regularly clean all the recent apps tray but then I realised that all the a ...

Hey ya vivzZ, one last thing, may I know if your Facebook does start on itself after rebooting the phone? Whatsapp is starting after reboot but not Facebook. I have to manually open it again to let it run in the background... Thanks in advance...

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
100 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIMIUI 2015RedmiMi 3MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI India300K Forum MembersAndroid GuruAndroid ElfMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatPioneer of MIUI English Forum

21:12, Aug-23-2014 | From PC
|
Λrtemisia replied at 2014-8-23 15:28
Hey ya vivzZ, one last thing, may I know if your Facebook does start on itself after rebooting the ...

Well dude, frankly speaking, I have totally disabled facebook app from running even in the background also. I have disabled all its services and it works in a totaly controled environment(I mean I don't let it do anything on its own). This app is one of the most notorious power hog. It requires almost all the possible permissions and a big beatdown on my phone. Thats why I have deliberately disabled it. So, sorry cant tell about it

I open it when I want to check things otherwise it is totally locked down.

Credits
Device
Online time
20 Hours
Send PM
16:58, Aug-24-2014 | From PC
|
vivzZ replied at 2014-8-23 21:12
Well dude, frankly speaking, I have totally disabled facebook app from running even in the backgro ...

I see.. Well with much thanks yea! :D

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
304 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi BandI Love MIUIAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI 6Mi TVFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan from IndiaHappy Valentine's Day2014 ChristmasFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMIUI Global Forum 2014Pioneer of MIUI English Forum

17:40, Aug-25-2014 | From PC
|
goood!!!!!!

Credits
Device
Mi3
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
14:11, Aug-26-2014 | From PC
|
Guys, I have been facing the same problem but ONLY on data network. It works fine on Wifi. Read some similar issue with Nexus on google forums and solution there was to uncheck 'restrict background data' flag from settings...there is no such thing marked on MI3 but the problem still exists. I have tried everything possible(even factory restored) Ofcourse the work around of locking the app in task manager solves that..but ideally this bug should be fixed.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
154 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIMIUI 6Awesome!Xiaomi Mi 4Fan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Fan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 4th AnniversarySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Device TeamOTA FeedbackForum Contest Lover

15:31, Aug-26-2014 | From PC
|
nice tips bro .. thanx alot  :D

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
17:56, Sep-04-2014 | From PC
|
Hi have few google account configured in my phone. Basically, the main account is able to get notification whenever there is email coming in ( but not all ). But for other accounts, I don't receive any notification at all. Wish someone can help me out.

Thanks.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list