Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s Plus
Online time
179 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi KeyMi BandMi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi HomeMi HeadphonesMIUI 2015I Love MIUIMIUI 7Awesome!MIUI 6Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi NoteMi PadMi 5s PlusMi 4iRedmi300K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017MIUI 4th AnniversarySingapore BirthdayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 50 Million UsersSingapore Merlion MedalMIUI Fan From SingaporeThanksgiving Day700K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryHappy New YearHappy Singles' Day500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Device TeamAndroid GuruMIUI FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Die-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Photography Guru

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] [MIUI Device Team] Solving Push notification on (Whatsapp, Facebook Messanger)

[ Promote]
110259 85 |
00:34, Aug-11-2014 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by xg3niusx at 21:16, Aug-11-2014

DearMIUI-ers,
Most of you have feedback that you can’treceive any push notification from whatsapp, Facebook, *blah blah* and so on.It happened to me too. I’ve found a solution that can fix this issue. And Ihave tested it a few time, including switching on and off my device andclearing cached data.

This fix works on Redmi 1 and Redmi notetoo.

The following steps will be shown basedon Facebook messanger (that’s what I’m using usually :p)

Step 1: Got to the phone setting and look for Apps and click on it.

Apps

Apps

Step 2: Look for downloaded tabs byswiping to the left and find the apps you need it for push notification. Asmentioned, I’ll be using Facebook messanger for this tutorial.

Scroll down to the PERMISSION tabs/windows and look for Manage PERMISSION

FB Messanger

FB Messanger

Step 3: You will need to turn on Auto start, this will make sure thatthe apps will be always running so that you can receive all the notification.

Permissions

Permissions

A message will appear, stating that it will increase power consumptionand data usage, Press ok.

Step 4: Turn off your device and turn iton and you should be able to get all the notification that you want.

Turn off

Turn off

If it does not works, you can manually open the application one time andthen do a reboot, it should work after that.

(Adde by another MIUI user @jellytelly)
If you have quite a number of apps that are not set to auto run and youwant to save time, there is another method.

Open your security app> Look for permission [the last icon in green]

The permission page has the auto start management

Under the auto start management, you can see the list of apps that areallowed to auto start. Here on my list there is no Facebook, so I am going togive Facebook app the permission to auto-start. Click add auto-start apps.

Here is the list of apps that you can add into auto-start.

Scroll to look for Facebook app, click allow.

Now the app states allowed

Go back to auto-start management page, and you can see that Facebook haspermission to auto-start.

Again, if it doesn’t work, reboot and it will work after that.
Enjoy :)
Favorite1 Share

Rated by 11 people   Experience Reason  

Warninghcg + 1 Fantastic!
ahvier + 2 Awesome!
Nazgaul + 1 Thanks!
afkakf + 1 Agreed!
mnas + 1 Thanks!
slavin23 + 1 Agreed!
alexleong + 1 Thanks!
Chinpow + 1 Thanks!
VoteNote + 1 Thanks!
RajeeV + 1 Thanks!
cisco86 + 8 Awesome!

Experience +19  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Online time
20 Hours
Send PM
11:01, Aug-23-2014 | From PC
|
vivzZ replied at 2014-8-22 22:17
Lol. Earlier I used to regularly clean all the recent apps tray but then I realised that all the a ...

Haha thanks again! I was so tempted to clear RAM before and now I can just use the homescreen button instead. It'll be better this way too since I can get notifications again. Also, no worries for RAM...

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
100 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIMIUI 2015RedmiMi 3MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI India300K Forum MembersAndroid GuruAndroid ElfMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatPioneer of MIUI English Forum

15:48, Aug-22-2014 | From PC
|
To get the whats app notifications without delay, never exit the app totally, i mean dont long press the back button to exit the app fully. If you close it then use the home button. Same with gmail app also. Never clear all the the RAM. There is no need to do that.
If you cleared the ram then once again launch the what app application and exit by pressing the home button only and you will keep getting notifications on time.

I think the true solution would be to be able to convert these apps as a system app just like the call and messaging app. But that is not possible it seems.
Everytime you fully exit the app or kill it then you will not get notifications..

Even if you set apps as trusted and autostart, and still fully exit then the problem will still persist, so the solution is to never fully exit those apps.

Hope this helps.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
130 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxI Love MIUIMIUI 6Mi 3MIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 4th Anniversary500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from India2014 ChristmasI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMost Active MIUIerHumor MasterDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid Guru

16:22, Aug-11-2014 | From PC
|
Putting applications in Auto Start is not resulting in any improvement for notifications, still getting delayed (I am using Mi3 with latest 23.0 stable ROM). MIUI has confirmed this is bug and they working on it.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi Max 32GB
Online time
67 Hours
Send PM

Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 4th AnniversaryDiwali Summer Mi BunnyMIUI FollowerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatPioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA FeedbackAndroid Guru

16:27, Aug-11-2014 | From PC
|
Re-installing (fresh install) apps from playstore works sometimes too. Try that. Worked for my Whatsapp.
Autocorrect is now really starting to irrigate me..!!

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note
Online time
37 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankMi KeyI Love MIUIAwesome!RedmiRedmi NoteHappy Singles' DayFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From IndonesiaI Love Mi BunnyUpdates LoverMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruMost Active MIUIer

16:33, Aug-12-2014 | From PC
|
Tried everything mentioned in all threads but still the same...notifications are delayed at times >12 hours...this morning, I launched my WhatsApp and suddenly there are > 10 messages came in...all of them are sent last night.....happened again in the afternoon, no notifications at all from WhatsApp, then I opened WhatsApp, few more messages appears which was sent in the morning...can the developers do something about this as it has been reported as bug...it's really annoying to the point of getting fed-up

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

poran + 1 Agreed!

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
59 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 6MIUI Fan from IndiaFan Of MIUI India

16:41, Aug-12-2014 | Via mobile
|
may be a posting mistake at step 3, the screenshot show enabled "trust this app" while it supposed to enable "auto start". so follow accordingly.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s Plus
Online time
179 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi KeyMi BandMi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi HomeMi HeadphonesMIUI 2015I Love MIUIMIUI 7Awesome!MIUI 6Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi NoteMi PadMi 5s PlusMi 4iRedmi300K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017MIUI 4th AnniversarySingapore BirthdayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 50 Million UsersSingapore Merlion MedalMIUI Fan From SingaporeThanksgiving Day700K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryHappy New YearHappy Singles' Day500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Device TeamAndroid GuruMIUI FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Die-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Photography Guru

Author| 21:20, Aug-12-2014 | From PC
|
ivc88 replied at 2014-8-12 16:33
Tried everything mentioned in all threads but still the same...notifications are delayed at times >1 ...

Did you kill whatapps totally. Seem to me that you have kill the apps in the background

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note
Online time
37 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankMi KeyI Love MIUIAwesome!RedmiRedmi NoteHappy Singles' DayFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From IndonesiaI Love Mi BunnyUpdates LoverMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruMost Active MIUIer

17:16, Aug-13-2014 | From PC
|
xg3niusx replied at 2014-8-12 21:20
Did you kill whatapps totally. Seem to me that you have kill the apps in the background

Nope...i set it to auto-start, trust the app and make it "unkillable" at the task manager but the messages still aren't coming in on time

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s Plus
Online time
179 Hours
Send PM

Author| 17:33, Aug-13-2014 | From PC
|
ivc88 replied at 2014-8-13 17:16
Nope...i set it to auto-start, trust the app and make it "unkillable" at the task manager but the  ...

I do not have that problem on my redmi and redmi note

Super moderator

Complain less Act more

Credits
Device
Mi 6
Online time
811 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMi KeyMi BandMi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BoxMijia Story TellerMi HomeMi  BunnyMi Band 2Mijia VR Play 2Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Xiaomi 6 LaunchXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8MIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 7FlashholicAwesome!MIUI 6MIUI 2015I Love MIUIMi TVMi 4iRedmi 1SRedmi 24 Million Forum MembersMi 3RedmiRedmi Note 31 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 6th Anniversary600K Forum Members700K Forum Members900K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasMIUI 5th AnniversaryHappy Singles' DayMIUI Fan From Singapore1st AnniversaryMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI V5 ReviewSuper MondayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 50 Million Users300K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's Day500K Forum Members2014 ChristmasThanksgiving DayHappy DiwaliXiaomi 5th Anniversary800K Forum MembersI Love 20161 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017Super Saturday2100K Forum Members1900K Forum MembersSuper ThursdayMIUI Font LoverPuzzle MasterHappy New YearSuper Wednesday10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersWomen's Day MedalRooster Year of 2017Surge S13 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Lucky Friday3500K Forum MembersSuper TuesdayMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Forum App1700K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryPokemon Master MedalMIUI 9MIUI 7th Anniversary90000 Forum MembersMi Live Medal1500K Forum Members1400K Forum Members1800K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Device TeamMIUI Community VIPMIUI 10Diamond Super ModeratorPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI 8th AnniversaryOTA FeedbackMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI ExpertYouth Pledge2017 Annual AwardsMi TalentMIUI Twitter FollowerRingtone Star Mr. DependableInbox ZeroRingtone TalentSuper ModeratorRedmi Note 3 ExplorerApp Review StarMi Lover MedalMIUI FB FollowerDebate MasterMost Active MIUIerMIUI App Review TeamUpdates LoverStar Of IconsHumor MasterMIUI Global Forum 2014Android ElfMIUI Resources TeamApp TalentForum Contest LoverDie-hard MIUI Fan

17:41, Aug-13-2014 | From PC
|
you need to make sure that your battery setting do not kill background apps.

Security > Power > Battery configuration > "Your setting" > Clean memory > Never

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note
Online time
37 Hours
Send PM

17:47, Aug-13-2014 | From PC
|
xg3niusx replied at 2014-8-13 17:33
I do not have that problem on my redmi and redmi note

lucky you...

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list