Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 2S
Online time
422 Hours
Send PM

Mi 2100k Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersHappy Valentine's DayI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Of Icons

[Icons] V5_extended - by zipalign - 720p only [FINAL VERSION]

[ Promote]
191727 1626 |
09:37, Apr-26-2013 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by zipalign at 06:40, Jan-03-2017

an icon theme based on the new MIUI V5 default icons.
I share a .mtz which perfectly works on MIUI V5 [tested on my Xiaomi Mi2], MIUI V4 [fully working, except for dynamic icons], and Mi-Home launcher [for non-MIUI ROMs].

the iconset is released under a CC license. click here for details.

DOWNLOADS:

download button-zhuti.png

PSD Template:
template_V5-extended.zip (191.67 KB, Downloads: 3601)
Favorite94 Share

Rated by 84 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

17121966i + 2 Awesome!
BiGGY_K + 1 Great!
drishd + 1 Great!
oxye + 1 Great!
faorekh + 1 Awesome!
vankizzle + 2 Fantastic!
sj2ck + 1 Awesome!
chisposeti + 1 Awesome!
djsiropchik + 1 Thanks!
eXTC + 1 Fantastic!
iamthaillest + 1 Fantastic!
TatanDxGen + 1 Awesome!
achmann + 1 Fantastic!
Piaerot + 1 Thanks!
RedNile + 1 Fantastic!
cepsangga666 + 1 Awesome!
polikutin + 1 Fantastic!
motion347 + 5 Great!
Man_Design + 1 Fantastic!
ARPEGIUS + 1 Fantastic!
alexa393 + 1 Great!
vv47424 + 1 Fantastic!
manu33xtro.ep + 5 Thanks!
icobico + 1 Fantastic!
YObiwan + 1 Great!
Ry4n_87 + 1 Fantastic!
steamwalker + 1 Fantastic!

Experience +148  Prestige +2  View Rating Log

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 2S
Online time
422 Hours
Send PM

Mi 2100k Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersHappy Valentine's DayI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Of Icons

Author| 08:23, May-11-2014 | From PC
|

reasons why I discontinued V5_ext

This post was edited by zipalign at 00:42, Sep-18-2014

I have been a proud fan of MIUI.
I fell in love with it since 2010, when I have seen its first screenshots and screen recording via XDA and youtube.
at that time, I owned an xperia X8, and unfortunately no MIUI rom was available for it to flash.
then, in 2011, I decided to purchase an hi-end phone, getting a HTC Sensation XE.
I flashed some cyanogenmod, then, when MIUI porting was quite stable, I flashed my first MIUI rom on a device. I simply was astonished. the customizations, the revolutionary UI, the rapidity of the whole system, were the main things I was missing in AOSP, Sense or cyanogen roms.
the MIUI porting was fully functional on my pyramid, but the performances lacked a little on its 750MB of RAM, giving some random lag here and there.
then, in 2012, I finally took a big decision. mi2 was presented to the world, and I decided to sell my pyramid to get it.
on january 2013, I had in my hands my first original xiaomi product, and it was like the x-mas present I got when I was a child.
everyone stared at my phone, I was so proud of it, no one around here ever saw a xiaomi phone, and they all found it great.
I have bought 4 xiaomi mi2/s.
one for me, one for my sister, one for a friend and one for my sister's boyfriend.
everyone of us still use it today with pleasure.

when MIUI V5 was released, I decided to give my contribute to the community, partecipating with my best skills, trying to do something new.
I wasn't at my first experience in drawing icons.
in 2007 I released a great icon pack for GNU/Linux OS'es, [hydroxygen icon pack] with my old pseudo "deviantdark". maybe some of you were still too young to remember, or maybe you weren't interested in GNU/Linux based systems, but my old icon pack is still one of the most downloaded/viewed on deviantART, even if it's out to date since 7 years.

so, in april 2013, I released my first version of MIUI V5_extended icons.
I have kept alive my project for more than a year, getting precious contributions from some MIUI fans in this and other forums. I want to sincerely thank all of them, V5_ext project wouldn't have been this far without them.
but there also has been some user which grabbed my icons and released as it was his own original work. the first one I have caught has been binod, moderator of this forum.
that made me feel angry at first. I didn't release my work making someone to pay for it, I simply asked to give proper credit to me, then anyone could have do anything he wanted with it. I think this is the main principle of open source philosophy.
suddenly, many icon packs began to pull up, and everyone of those was a fork of my original work. and still no credit for me.
the last in this list, is one of the recent themes I have seen around.
do you find some credit to zipalign's work?
nope.

the anger I felt at first, begun to come disaffection and delusion.
I think this has to be caused by the MIUI themes policy, which doesn't really defend the original work creators, letting forks be published without control.

I am grateful to xiaomi and MIUI users/developers. thanks to them, I have found new ambitions and joyfulness using my smartphone, the exact way I wanted to do it.
but now I think it's time for me to stop developing something so fragile and unprotected like a MIUI theme.
I am using a cyanogenmod 11 rom since may, and I am quite satisfied with it.
I don't want to say CM is better that MIUI or viceversa, I am just thanking MIUI for letting me have fun with the countless hours spent drawing icons, and trying to satisfy the requests of all V5_ext users.

maybe you won't like my decision to discontinue this project, but be sure it does make me sad.
I have lost my initial pleasure doing something original, and I find no reason to continue drawing something that any 14 years old buddy can grab and release as it was his work. I can't accept it.

please try to understand me and apologize.
MIUI V5_ext will always remain as one of the best things I have done, and I'd like to say thanks to any one of you.

see you soon, somewhere.

Rated by 5 people   Experience Reason  

achmann + 1 Thanks!
RedNile + 2 RESPECT. This was the best theme ever.
etchaw + 2 Thanks!
vv47424 + 1 Thanks!
aNy_1 + 1 Thanks!

Experience +7  View Rating Log

Super moderator

Credits
Device
Mi Note 3
Online time
963 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi  BunnyMIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI 6I Love MIUIMi TVMi 34 Million Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersThanksgiving DayHilal Ramadan Malaysia Anniversary600K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from Malaysia700K Forum MembersMIUI 30 Million Users1700K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky Friday1 Million Forum App Installs3500K Forum MembersMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupMIUI 9I Love 2016300K Forum MembersUEFA EURO Medal1400K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Fan From SingaporeI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamStar Of IconsMIUI 8th AnniversaryMIUI FollowerStar Of ThemesMIUI Resources TeamDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalAndroid GuruMIUI Global Forum 20142017 Annual AwardsPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FB FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat

23:25, Aug-20-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Dzolhisham at 16:18, Sep-21-2014

3rd time upload on xiaomi theme website been rejected. so, i share new version that contain latest request icons..

Download : HERE

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

etchaw + 2 Thanks!

Experience +2  View Rating Log

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 2S
Online time
422 Hours
Send PM

Author| 21:30, Jul-25-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by zipalign at 14:31, Jul-25-2014

first of all, I'd like to thank again all of you, which made this iconset become something really precious in my life.
I want to thank xiaomi, MIUI developers and all the designers here in this forum, for their wonderful contribution.

I have been PM'ed by @Piratz, which kindly asks me if he can still mantain this project alive.
I extend this offer to anyone who'd like to keep it [giving at Piratz the option to be the first].

I'd like to do this way:
I'll change my iconset name, from "V5_extended" into "V5_extended [legacy]" into xiaomi theme store and all around.
then, anyone who has a designer account at xiaomi servers can release a fork of my work [I'd give him all the files contained into the .mtz] and name it "V5_extended". the only rule is to keep the original author credits.

then you can edit/remix and share the theme the way you like, adding or removing anything you like/don't like.
my V5_extended [legacy] will last in time, "freezed" at last release.

what do you think?
anyone would like to keep this project alive if Piratz won't take it?

Rated by 2 people   Experience Reason  

Piratz + 1 Thanks Zip!
RedNile + 2 Thanks!

Experience +3  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 2S
Online time
72 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!FlashholicI Love MIUIMi 2MIUI 50 Million UsersI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanOTA Feedback

05:31, Jun-29-2014 | From PC
|
Sorgrum replied at 2014-6-28 23:29
Hi guys!

One icon request here: Amazon Music

I made two versions to choose from, the black one corresponds with the amazon-icons already present in the theme, the orange one looks more like the original one.

com.amazon.mp3.png

com.amazon.mp3_orange.png

Comment

etchaw Hum,the two icons are beautifull,i'mconfused witch one to chose :)  02:03, Jun-30-2014

Rated by 2 people   Experience Reason  

Sorgrum + 1 Awesome!
etchaw + 2 Great!

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 2S
Online time
422 Hours
Send PM

Author| 21:50, Jun-07-2014 | From PC
|
RedNile replied at 2014-6-7 12:52
Will there come a V6_extended? :s

will there come a MIUI V6? (:

Shuvo87 + 3 Agreed! Bored of waiting for V6 and Kitk

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 2S
Online time
422 Hours
Send PM

Author| 12:35, Jun-02-2014 | From PC
|
etchaw replied at 2014-6-2 05:29
Can some one remake the Mega icon https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flyingottersoftw ...

will be done ASAP

Comment

etchaw Thanks in advance, also take a look at the Everyday icon that you have maked it doesn't have shadow  12:39, Jun-02-2014

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 2S
Online time
72 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!FlashholicI Love MIUIMi 2MIUI 50 Million UsersI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanOTA Feedback

01:04, May-26-2014 | From PC
|
Hi Zipalign!

I created a few more icons you can add to your theme if you like

com.adi.remote.phone
com.appseleration.android.selfcare
com.comdirect.phototan
com.dmholdings.denonremoteapp
com.exozet.android.catan
com.exozet.game.carcassonne
com.fjsoft.myphoneexplorer.client
com.lovefilm.android
com.ubisoft.uplay
com.yopeso.lieferando
de.avm.android.fritzapp
de.comdirect.android
de.kicktipp.mbookmark
de.lotum.whatsinthefoto.de
de.pnpq.cashgrouplocator.full
de.pnpq.cashgrouplocator
de.sport1.radio
de.wdr.ipv
org.dvbviewer.controller
org.fdroid.fdroid

You can find these icons in my album at http://en.miui.com/home.php?mod= ... do=album&id=459

Also, I have two more icon requests. These would be:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.msg
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.orrs.deliveries
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roflharrison.agenda

Looking forward to the next updates, keep up the great work!

Rated by 3 people   Experience Reason  

balewi + 1 Fantastic!
etchaw + 2 Great!
zipalign + 5 Great contributions, thanks a lot!!

Experience +8  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Mi 2S
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Follower

22:15, Apr-27-2014 | Via mobile
|
Please add icons for new 4pda and luckypatcher. There are new versions with another package sign. Please update icons. P.S. Change icon for app game 4pda

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 2S
Online time
422 Hours
Send PM

Author| 09:06, Apr-11-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by zipalign at 19:46, May-25-2014

reserved

etchaw + 2 Thanks!

Experience +2  View Rating Log

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 2S
Online time
422 Hours
Send PM

Author| 09:38, Apr-26-2013 | From PC
|
This post was edited by zipalign at 07:42, May-13-2014

reserved

Rated by 4 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

shahzad + 10 + 3 Great!
herny66 + 2 Thanks!
etchaw + 1 Fantastic!
eGo26 + 1 Thanks!

Experience +14  Prestige +3  View Rating Log

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 2S
Online time
422 Hours
Send PM

Author| 09:38, Apr-26-2013 | From PC
|
This post was edited by zipalign 12:52,Aug-28-2013

TUTORIAL:
how to customize and batch resize icons in the iconset.

tools needed:
- 7zip [to compress / extract files]
- FastStone Photo Resizer [to batch resize images]
- a Windows PC

first of all, a brief introduction on how a MIUI theme file works.
the .mtz extension of our files, means MIUI Theme Zip. so we can simply uncompress our theme via 7zip:

extract.png

once uncompressed, we'll find the theme elements inside.
what we are going to edit, is the "icons" file. that file is .zip compressed too, even if it must have no file extension [remember it when you are going to re-compress it once your job is done].
so, we can go further right clicking on it, and choose 7zip > extract to icons~ to extract the content of the icons file.
on V5_extended, we'll have this folder structure:

icons~
-------fancy_icons
--------------------- various dynamic icons folders
-------res
----------drawable-xhdpi

we must point to drawable-xhdpi folder. we'll find inside all the bunch of icons the theme contains.

HOW TO REPLACE ICONS WITH ONES OF YOUR CHOICE

once we have uncompressed the .mtz theme and the icons file, we are ready to edit it.
in this example, I'll customize the iconset replacing the youtube icon with one of my choice.
so, let's pick the .png icon I want to have into my custom theme, and rename it com.google.android.youtube.png
once you have renamed it, copy and paste it into the icons~ extracted folder, following this path: icons~/res/drawable-xhdpi
you must replace the original one with the one of your chioce. and you can do this same operation with any app icon you want to replace, or add to my iconset.
to obtain the exact process name of the icon you want to include, please refer to android activities database and look for your application name. the database will output all the process name associated with that app, and you have to rename your icon with the data listed on the output.

once you have finished adding/replacing, it is time to recompress the theme to make it work.
so, come back into icons~ extracted folder, and compress the content into a .zip file:

compress

compress

wait for the compression to finish, then you'll find a file named icons.zip right under the fancy_icons and res folders.
now rename icons.zip into icons [delete the file extension], then move into the parent folder, where you have all the theme elements.
in this step, you have to replace the original icons file with the one you have now created.
once replaced the file, select all the theme files [be careful not to select the icons~ folder, we don't need it] and compress it into a .zip file via 7zip:

mtz

mtz

we are almost done.
the final step is to rename our newly created .zip file with .mtz file extension.
then we can move the file into our phone and install the theme via theme app.

BATCH RESIZING PNGs

I provide a version of my iconset which is made to work on gingerbread versions of MIUI.
the icons for that theme are not xhdpi, but have a 90x90 pixel resolution.
to batch resize them, without losing icons quality, I use a tool named FastStone Photo Resizer.
once set up, it can batch resize a bunch of files in a while.

Comment

RandomBB thanks for the info  04:16, Mar-07-2014

Rated by 6 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

bbicons + 1 Thanks!
kexx87 + 1 Great!
balewi + 1 Thanks!
shahzad + 8 + 2 Nice tutorial
khangninh + 1 Great!
herny66 + 2 Great!

Experience +14  Prestige +2  View Rating Log

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Others
Online time
477 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIMIUI 6Awesome!100k Forum MembersI Love 2016MIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI 20 Million UsersFan Of MIUI India90000 Forum MembersThanksgiving DayMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI English Forum 2013I Love Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamMIUI Honorary ModeratorMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI ExpertMIUI Wallpaper ContestApp TalentSuper MIUI ThemePioneer of MIUI English Forum Ringtone Star OTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerStar Of ThemesTheme TalentApp StarMIUI SuperstarStar Of Icons

10:22, Apr-26-2013 | From PC
|
nice move mate.... keep it up, I always look forward to your post and thread
I have developed some wallpapers pack and icon packs. You can try them. One of the best Wallpaper pack is AmoledWalls. Try it out for free.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Hastamev.AmoledWallsFree

Credits
Device
HTC DHD
Online time
15 Hours
Send PM
15:10, Apr-26-2013 | From PC
|
Hello! Thank you very much for this awesome icon pack. I used to use it when I was on MIUI V5, but unfortunately I had to switch back to MIUI GB. I tried using this mtz on this miui version but the icons are not aplied. Could you, if it's not much to ask, make them compatible with MIUI 2.4.20 ?

Thanks very much!

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
MI3
Online time
208 Hours
Send PM
15:39, Apr-26-2013 | From PC
|
awesome MATE, great to have you back

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi3
Online time
931 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesI Love MIUIMi 3MIUI 3rd AnniversaryHappy Singles' Day100k Forum MembersDiwali MIUI 20 Million UsersAtaturk MourningMIUI 4th Anniversary90000 Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyMost Active MIUIerMIUI Wallpaper ContestMost Popular Forum UserOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Of Themes

15:56, Apr-26-2013 | From PC
|
Awesome work!!

Administrator

Flashing

Credits
Device
Mi 5X
Online time
6188 Hours
Send PM

Mi MIXMi HomeAwesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestMi TVMIUI 50 Million UsersThanksgiving DayDiwali MIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 3rd Anniversary2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI 4th Anniversary1800K Forum MembersSuper SundayMIUI Fan From Nepal90000 Forum MembersMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Forum AppI Love Mi Bunny2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI Fan

16:08, Apr-26-2013 | From PC
|
Thank you very much for your great work! Added mtz file download for you!!

Hope you can also upload your icons to designer.xiaomi.com due to the new policy. :loveliness:

Elite Member

Crusing...

Credits
Device
Mi2
Online time
341 Hours
Send PM

MIUI V5 ReviewI Love Mi BunnySuper ModeratorMost Active MIUIer

16:42, Apr-26-2013 | From PC
|
Thanks for the new thread!
What you see here is...
The rambling verses of a bored man who decided he should have a signature but didn't know what
to sign so he just sat there at his computer writing whatever came to his mind and as a result...
...now you know you should have stopped reading a long time ago, don't you??
////
MIUI Forum Rules & Guidelines
Per Device Bugs Threads

Credits
Device
Online time
16 Hours
Send PM
16:46, Apr-26-2013 | From PC
|
nice move mate.... keep it up

Credits Management