MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 4c
Online time
622 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi Router MiniMi Power BankMi Band 2Mi KeyMi BandNinebot MiniMi Portable WiFiMi HomeMi BoxXiaomi 6 LaunchMi VRMIUI 6MIUI 2015I Love MIUIAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI 7MIUI 2016MIUI 8FlashholicMi 3Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi NoteMi 4iRedmi 2Mi TVRedmiMi PadMid-Autumn Festival1st AnniversaryHappy Diwali300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 4th AnniversarySingapore BirthdayHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From PhilippinesAtaturk MourningMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI V5 ReviewDiwali UEFA EURO Medal500K Forum Members700K Forum Members1500K Forum Members2014 ChristmasMerry ChristmasThanksgiving Day600K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's Day800K Forum Members900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Forum AppMIUI Fan from Turkey3500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI AustraliaSuper TuesdayMIUI 20172100K Forum MembersMIUI World TourMiPopGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI News TeamMi TalentHappy 2019MIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Lover MedalAndroid GuruTechnology GuruMIUI KingMIUI Photography Classroom TeacherMr. DependableStar Of IconsDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Photography Team MemberOTA FeedbackUpdates LoverScroll Of WisdomInbox ZeroForum Contest LoverYouth PledgeMIUI Global Forum 2014Mr. Post the MostStar MIUI News Team MemberHumor MasterMIUI FB FollowerDebate MasterMIUI ExpertMIUI Photography GuruBest ArticleMIUI FollowerStar Of MIUI Device TeamIndustrious ReporterMIUI Device ExpertPioneer of MIUI English Forum

[Tips & Tutorials] MIUI Photography Classroom Lesson 2: Nail that Bokeh shot! Join us to win gifts!

Close [ Promote]
53146 359 |
10:32, Aug-09-2014 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by allakazoo at 14:00, Aug-16-2014

ANNOUNCEMENT: Thanks for sending in your shots after the lesson. I've chosen one to receive a small gift from us. Here it is! You can also see other outstanding shots here.

Lesson 2:
Nail that Bokeh shot
with a smartphone camera!

Today, let's talk about Bokeh. A technique that by its execution makes for wonderful photos, because a sharply focused subject stands out beautifully against a blurred background.

Before we go on, let us take a look at a classic Bokeh shot. I just picked it off randomly from the net.
Josefina_with_Bokeh.jpg "Josefina with Bokeh" by carlosluis - http://www.flickr.com/photos/paseodelsur/51805888/.

When we talk about Bokeh, we are actually describing the way a camera lens blurs parts of a photo in a pleasing manner to the eye. Therefore it is safe to say, the shallower the depth of field, the better the Bokeh.

L2_aperture.jpg
I'm showing this illustration, because many newcomers to photography tend to mistake a large aperture for a large f number. It's a reciprocal, so it's actually the opposite.

Xiaomi Mi 4 f/1.8, Xiaomi Mi 3 f/2.2, Redmi Note f/2.2, Redmi 1S f/2.2

Unfortunately, this is easier said than done, on a smartphone, with apertures barely bigger than a pinhole. Even at the biggest aperture, the smartphone's aperture is barely bigger than a DSLR at f/16. So how do we make those Bokeh shots with a smartphone?   

There are a few ways actually. however, I'll touch upon one way that does not need much set-up and allows you the quickest possible way to nail that Bokeh shot using your smartphone camera.

Let's take a look at this illustration, which I've borrowed from Cameratechnica.
L2_dof.jpg
Based on the illustration, we can see that less (depth of field) DOF = less area in focus. To achieve that Bokeh shot, we want to keep as small a section in focus (less DOF) and as large a section infront and behind the subject out of focus (OOF). To achieve that without an app (fake looking) or a DSLR (large aperture, easy to achieve), we try to do a couple of things.

1. Close in on the subject. Take a step (maybe a few) towards your subject. Bring the smartphone in as close as you can. If you are taking a macro shot, switch to manual focus (if it is available on your phone, Mi3 example #7 lets you to set the Focus Mode)
Mi3CamSettings.jpg
and set focus to be at the nearest focus and simply move the smartphone forward and back to get your focus. Do not worry about composition. You can crop and edit later. Concentrate on getting the focus tack sharp.

2. Ensure that there's nothing in the photo that is next to your subject that will also be in focus. Move around, shift things, make sure there's no distraction in the photo. Most of all, use a background that's a distance from the subject and since it is far away from your focus point, it will be OOF and thus give you acceptable Bokeh.
L2_example.jpg
In this example, taken with my Mi3, I've purposely place the Powerbank about 2m from the wall behind it. This guarantees that when I focus on the Powerbank, the wall behind will definitely be OOF! You can try that outdoors too, just make sure that whatever you have as the background, it is some distance from the subject which you are focusing on. Take a look at the next example. BTW, the hairy thing in focus are spinach flowers.
L2_example2.jpg
You can do that for portrait shots too! Just ask your subject to come towards you and away from his/her background.

If you noticed, between the 2 examples used above, the first photo looks nicer, because it has a more uniform background. In the second outdoor photo, the background is more distracting. This takes away some impact of your photo because the viewer's eyes tend to wonder towards high contrast areas in the photo. A good point to bear in mind when taking photos. A good example is the next photo I took of a butterfly. The background is quite uniform, which helps to make the butterfly standout from the background.
L2_example3.jpg

With this in mind, I would like to remind you, that it is a little hard to achieve a Bokeh shot if the outdoor lights are bright. This is because the camera will choose a small aperture, to prevent overexposure. A way to get around this problem, is to manually choose an ISO on your smartphone that is the lowest. Again, this option may not be available on your smartphone. But if you are using the Mi3, it is option #8 in the settings.

Go out there now and shoot shoot shoot! Remember, "film" is free. You can always delete what you don't want, to free up space on your smartphone.

Alright, that's all for MPC Lesson 2. Now it's your turn!

Join MIUI Photography Classroom to win Mi Bunnies!

Reply to this thread with a Bokeh Photo (choose 1 photo, please don't flood this thread) taken by you and attach the original photo with EXIF info (for verification of Xiaomi phone) by Aug 15, 2014. We will select one best picture to give out a gift package.

UPDATE (15Aug2014): I've pulled a sampling of the posts submitted here and made them into a thread. Do check them out and learn a thing or two from each other! I've also announced who will receive the gift package there. :)

Prizes include 5 Mi Bunnies World Cup Version + Xiaomi Camera Lens + Mi Portable WiFi + Mi Key + Xiaomi T-Shirt.

Quick! Come join in the fun and get some gifts at the same time.

About MIUI Photography Classroom

MIUI Photography Classroom (MPC) is a long term project to help MIUIers improve their photography skills, from basic to advanced. Do drop me (@allakazoo) a note via PM, if you would like to share your expertise by contributing articles related to photography.

Lesson 1: Smartphone Photography Basics

Prize Gallery
Mi Bunnies World Cup Version

Xiaomi Camera Lens

Mi Portable WiFi
图片1.jpg

Mi Key
QQ截图20140811162206.png

Xiaomi T-Shirt

Favorite58 Share

Rated by 114 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

KyawZawMaung + 1 Great!
Wolfi70 + 2 Awesome!
asharma + 1 Thanks!
skayver + 2 Fantastic!
gedeee + 1 Awesome!
sachin711 + 5 Fantastic!
srksrao + 1 Thanks!
arunskarthick + 5 Awesome!
Deepugadu + 1 Awesome!
CIF_Nochee + 1 haiii there... do you have instagram ?
19ricky67 + 2 Thanks!
Pagan_Assassin + 1 Fantastic!
MarcinG + 1 Awesome!
Lakshyan + 1 Great!
Styagi-1987 + 1 Awesome!
peddi_th + 1 Awesome!
simryder + 1 Fantastic!
KongCK + 1 Great!
Metalworks + 1 Awesome!
shashankp1 + 6 Thanks! Very Nice explanation on BOKEH !
Shenxinglai + 1 Great!
somu_hyd + 1 Great!
TRUE_SC + 1 Fantastic!
nutsrishi + 1 Fantastic!
captengbarbell + 1 Fantastic!
yitsushi + 1 Fantastic!
gaksh + 1 Fantastic!

Experience +198  Prestige +4  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Others
Online time
28 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMIUI 5th AnniversaryOlympics MedalMIUI 6th Anniversary

13:42, Aug-14-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by avel_ana at 14:25, Aug-14-2014

Yey! Nailed "IT"! haha Here's my snap

IMG_20140814_132517_1.jpg

original with exif.rar

176.09 KB, Downloads: 44, Download cost : Experience -1

Comment

allakazoo Support: 5 Objection: 0 Congrats! I've chosen your photo to receive the gift package. Thanks for the light-hearted and well taken photo. Keep on shooting!  06:33, Aug-16-2014

MIUI Honorary Moderator

I am unique just like everybod

Credits
Device
Mi Note
Online time
642 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMi T-ShirtMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandFantastic!MIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 2016Awesome!MIUI 8MIUI 6Mi 3Mi PadMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 4th AnniversaryI Love 20162014 ChristmasMIUI 100 Million Users1st AnniversaryMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 50 Million Users300K Forum MembersFan MIUI PhilippinesSingapore Birthday1300K Forum Members1 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 5th AnniversaryThanksgiving DayMIUI 6th Anniversary900K Forum Members1400K Forum Members700K Forum Members800K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Photography GuruMIUI Photography Classroom TeacherAndroid GuruMIUI Medals CollectorMi Lover MedalMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Photography Team MemberUpdates LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014Super MIUI ThemeForum Contest LoverDebate MasterStar Of IconsPioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Follower

11:58, Aug-13-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by jenz1 at 12:38, Aug-13-2014

"ssshh... I'm ducking so they can have a good view of the bokeh." -- via my Mi 3

"Now where the heck did I put my bokeh?" -- via my Mi3

original with exif.rar

191.23 KB, Downloads: 22, Download cost : Experience -1

Rated by 4 people   Experience Reason  

yitsushi + 1 Fantastic!
abstemiousved + 1 Loved it :)
avel_ana + 1 Awesome!
iakwbos + 1 Fantastic!

Experience +4  View Rating Log

http://jenietomboc.wix.com/portfolio

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
335 Hours
Send PM

Mi Portable WiFiMi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankMi BoxMi BandI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 6Mi TVMi PadRedmi NoteHappy Valentine's DayMid-Autumn Festival500K Forum Members2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI V5 ReviewSingapore BirthdayMIUI 4th AnniversarySummer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamGFX TeamMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Of MIUI Device TeamMIUI Device ExpertMIUI Photography GuruMIUI Photography Team Member

20:24, Aug-11-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by backlash23 at 20:44, Aug-11-2014

Here is My Entry
I played with Depth of Field (DOF) on both background and foreground. My Master always tells me, it is the Man behind the lens and not the lens infront of the man when it comes to taking pictures. Enjoy

Optimus Prime

Look Out For Megatron, Prime

I am Megatron

Battle Of Prime vs Megatron

Photo Contest.zip

9.24 MB, Read Permission: 1, Downloads: 35, Download cost : Experience -1

Rated by 4 people   Experience Reason  

Samyoungct + 4 Awesome!
gourav92 + 1 Galvatron wins :p
cisco86 + 6 Awesome!
Zonal + 5 fight it out!!

Experience +16  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi3
Online time
70 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 6Mi 3MIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Beta TeamMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Photography Team MemberMIUI Photography GuruAndroid Guru

11:04, Aug-12-2014 | From PC
|
Here's my entry!

bokehbyyouresofunnylol

bokehbyyouresofunnylol

exif

exif

Rated by 5 people   Experience Reason  

captengbarbell + 1 Fantastic!
ruipalmeira + 1 Awesome! I call cheats! Just kidding, na
cuteroyale + 1 Awesome!
Username1234 + 1 Fantastic!
GR33dyBlackie + 5 Awesome!

Experience +9  View Rating Log

Say pack it, before you kick the bucket.

Credits
Device
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
14:16, Jan-31-2015 | From PC
|

redmi 1s :D

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

sdgsdgdsgds + 1 Awesome!

Experience +1  View Rating Log

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Preparing for the takeover

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
731 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi KeyMi WiFi RouterFantastic!FlashholicAwesome!MIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI 6MIUI 2015Mi 4iMi NoteMi 3Mi 5Redmi 3Mi TVRedmi Note 2Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi 2MIUI 5th Anniversary700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI Australia800K Forum Members500K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersThanksgiving Day300K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th Anniversary2014 ChristmasMIUI 6th AnniversaryAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyDie-hard MIUI FanRingtone Star Inbox ZeroMIUI Honorary ModeratorOTA FeedbackAndroid ElfPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Mi TalentForum Contest LoverMi Bunny Game Master Android GuruUpdates LoverMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Follower

10:21, Aug-15-2014 | From PC
|
Greetings from Australia :)
IMG_20140815_113947.jpg

bokeh shot.zip

3.91 MB, Downloads: 17, Download cost : Experience -1

legomanth + 1 Fantastic!

MIUI Honorary Moderator

ReBorn!

Credits
Device
Others
Online time
653 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi BoxMi KeyAwesome!MIUI 6I Love MIUIMIUI 20154 Million Forum MembersRedmi NoteMi TVMi 3MIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from India300K Forum MembersMIUI 9Diwali Singapore BirthdayHilal Ramadan MIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Singapore90000 Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 50 Million Users100k Forum MembersHappy DiwaliFan MIUI Philippines2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan from Turkey1 Million Forum MembersFan Of  MIUI Azerbaijan700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Brazil1400K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaThanksgiving Day3500K Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2017I Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyGFX TeamMIUI News TeamMIUI Wallpaper Contest8 Million Forum MembersTechnology GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Medals CollectorAndroid GuruSuper ModeratorForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Community VIPHumor MasterYouth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Global Forum 2014OTA FeedbackInbox ZeroMIUI Photography GuruMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Expert

23:10, Aug-14-2014 | From PC
|
Lets try this with KitKat :)

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
295 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesI Love MIUIMIUI 4th Anniversary1 Million Forum Members300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Photography GuruMIUI Photography Team MemberHumor Master

07:10, Aug-14-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by alpo430 at 07:17, Aug-14-2014

IMG_20140723_101850edited.jpg
IMG_20140723_101850.rar (621.56 KB, Downloads: 0)

MiHipHopBunny + 1 10 out of 10!

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi Note
Online time
132 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi BandMi WiFi RouterMi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Portable WiFiMi KeyI Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 6Fantastic!Awesome!FlashholicMIUI 7MIUI 2016Mi 4cMi TVRedmi NoteMi 3Mi NoteRedmiXiaomi Mi 4MIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy New Year1st AnniversaryHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From PhilippinesDiwali MIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Fan from India500K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersMIUI V5 Review2014 ChristmasFan Of MIUI IndiaThanksgiving Day900K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan from TurkeyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamAndroid GuruMIUI FollowerOTA FeedbackUpdates LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014Forum Contest LoverMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid ElfMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FB FollowerInbox ZeroDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMost Active MIUIerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Ringtone Star Star Of IconsHumor MasterYouth Pledge

19:53, Aug-12-2014 | From PC
|
IMG_20140812_160628.jpg

matrixbharath + 1 Great!

Credits
Device
Mi3
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
01:22, Aug-12-2014 | From PC
|
good tutorial :)
IMG_20140811_222724[1].jpg

jmtstan + 1 Great!

Platinum Member

Keep Calm and MIUI

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
279 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi Power BankMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMIUI 6I Love MIUIFantastic!Awesome!RedmiRedmi NoteMi 3Mi TVFan Of MIUI India300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Indonesia1st AnniversaryDiwali Hilal Ramadan MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Most Active MIUIerDie-hard MIUI FanStar Of IconsMIUI Photography GuruMIUI Photography Team MemberMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeOTA FeedbackAndroid GuruAndroid Elf

20:30, Aug-11-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by matrixbharath at 15:25, Aug-12-2014

All Snaps are Shot on The MI3 W, using the above tutorial

Couple Of Shots of MI Bunny's and Piston Ear Phones, Specially setup and Taken for This contest.Mi Bunny Key Ring

Mi Bunny

Mi Bunny

Piston 2

Piston 2

Piston 2

Fluffly Mi Bunny and Mi Bunny Ring
IMG_20140811_181343.jpg

Macro
IMG_20140812_130340.jpg

Mi Powerbank
IMG_20140812_133700.jpg

EXIF Data in the ZIP Below

Nail that Bokeh Shot (matrixbharath).zip

10.89 MB, Downloads: 5, Download cost : Experience -1

Rated by 2 people   Experience Reason  

KateZ + 5
Iyoumee + 1 Fantastic!

Experience +6  View Rating Log

Elite Member

Rocking Miui 7!! Dreaming of m

Credits
Device
Mi 4c
Online time
709 Hours
Send PM

Mi Portable WiFiMi BoxMi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankFlashholicMIUI 7Fantastic!Awesome!MIUI 2015I Love MIUIMIUI 8MIUI 2016Redmi Note 2Mi 4cRedmi NoteRedmiMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan From Philippines1400K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI UK700K Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan From VietnamXiaomi 6th AnniversaryThanksgiving DayUEFA EURO Medal900K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Forum App800K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI Beta Team VIPClass A Beta TeamMIUI Beta TeamAndroid ElfTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FollowerMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverDebate MasterMi TalentScroll Of WisdomHumor MasterInbox ZeroMIUI Device ExpertStar Of MIUI Device TeamMIUI G+ FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Senior Beta Tester

16:34, Aug-11-2014 | From PC
|
Thanks good to know I am not too good a photos

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi MIX 2S
Online time
140 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi Router MiniMi BandI Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 8Mi 3RedmiMi PadMIUI 9MIUI Marathon MedalMIUI 4th Anniversary1 Million Forum MembersMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI 8th Anniversary8 Million Forum MembersMIUI Global Forum 201425 Million StrongMIUI King

16:35, Aug-11-2014 | From PC
|
very good tip, its easy to do with a DSLR but much much harder with a smartphone.
i have to say i really enjoy the camera on the Redmi 1s, so many possibilities!
Devices:
Mi Mix 2s, Samsung S7 (Stock)
old still owned: Galaxy S3, ZTE Open, Redmi 1s WCDMA (Lineage OS), MI3 64GB (Lineage OS), Redmi Note 2 (MIUI9 beta), One Plus Two, MiPad 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Galaxy A9 Pro, MI A1

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4
Online time
112 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BoxMi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 6Mi 3RedmiRedmi NoteMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan From SingaporeHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Fan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryI Love Mi BunnyOTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerMIUI Ice Bucket Challenge

16:35, Aug-11-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by pulautikus at 13:39, Aug-14-2014

Woohoo!
Another photography lesson!!Here's one from me. Losing sharpness because I took it in a rush (and i zoomed in using my redmi 1s)

Supreme Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
673 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi Power StripMi Power BankMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi  BunnyMi BoxXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!MIUI 2015I Love MIUIMIUI 6MIUI 7FlashholicFantastic!MarshmallowRedmi 2Xiaomi Mi 4Mi TVRedmi NoteRedmi 1SMi 4iMi NoteMi 3Redmi Note 2Mi PadMi 4cHilal Ramadan Fan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 4th AnniversaryAtaturk Mourning1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy Singles' DayThanksgiving DaySingapore Birthday2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan from IndiaDiwali 300K Forum MembersHappy Diwali500K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersMIUI World TourMid-Autumn Festival1 Million Forum Members800K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppPokemon Master Medal3500K Forum MembersSuper TuesdayFan Of MIUI RussiaFan Of MIUI BangladeshI Love 2016MIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan From SingaporeXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From BrazilFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy New YearMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 5th AnniversaryMalaysia AnniversaryMIUI Fan from Malaysia700K Forum MembersMIUI V5 Review600K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopOTA FeedbackAndroid ElfApp Review TalentMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FollowerSuper ModeratorAndroid GuruMi Lover MedalMi TalentScroll Of WisdomMIUI Twitter FollowerDebate MasterMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Global Forum 2014Youth PledgeHumor MasterUpdates LoverMost Active MIUIerDie-hard MIUI FanApp StarInbox ZeroMIUI FB FollowerIndonesia Independence DayForum Contest LoverMIUI Resources TeamStar Of IconsPioneer of MIUI English Forum

16:37, Aug-11-2014 | From PC
|
wow, great tips, but how about the mi3's camera software?

Supreme Member

Yours by design

Credits
Device
Mi A1
Online time
792 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi WiFi Router MiniMi Portable WiFiMi Power BankXiaomi 6 LaunchMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMi KeyAwesome!FlashholicI Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 7MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 6MIUI 8Fantastic!MIUI 2016Redmi Note 3Mi 4iRedmi 3Mi PadMi Note ProMi 3Mi TVRedmi 1SMi 1Mi NoteRedmi 2Mi 2Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi Note 2Redmi NoteRedmiMIUI Fan from Turkey2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan From SingaporeMid-Autumn Festival1st AnniversaryFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSingapore BirthdayMIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy DiwaliDiwali Happy Singles' DayThanksgiving DayAtaturk Mourning300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 50 Million UsersHappy New YearMIUI World Tour2100K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from IndiaHappy Valentine's DayOlympics MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum AppMerry Christmas3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 9MIUI 7th AnniversaryHilal Ramadan 3500K Forum MembersMIUI 2017Surge S110 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersPokemon Master Medal1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1300K Forum Members700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From BrazilXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersMIUI 5th Anniversary600K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesXiaomi 6th Anniversary5 Million Forum Posts900K Forum Members800K Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI News TeamMIUI ExpertApp StarMIUI 8th AnniversaryMr. Post the MostMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Mi Bunny Game Master 2017 Annual AwardsForum Contest LoverMIUI Resources TeamRedmi Quiz MasterAndroid ElfMi TalentRingtone ExpertTechnology GuruApp TalentMi Lover MedalDebate MasterMIUI FollowerInbox ZeroHumor MasterMost Active MIUIerMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI FanIndustrious ReporterRingtone Star Youth PledgeUpdates LoverStar Of IconsRingtone Master

|
This post was edited by sianman at 17:03, Aug-11-2014

I am using Redmi Note. It does not have manual focus.
DSC_0091.JPG

Comment

shengchai redmi note has macro mode. try that !  20:05, Aug-11-2014

Rated by 2 people   Experience Reason  

Glennnugraha + 5 Awesome!
Christine_MI + 5 Awesome!

Experience +10  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi
Online time
57 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!Redmi NoteRedmiMIUI Fan from IndiaSingapore BirthdayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Fan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI FollowerOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android Guru

|
Good lesson !! Wonder if i can do that with 1S ?

Comment

KateZ Sure~  16:38, Aug-11-2014

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4c
Online time
725 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Electric ScooterMi BoxMi Portable WiFiMi Band 2Mi WiFi Router MiniMi BandMi HomeMi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMijia VR Play 2Mi Power BankMi VRUnlock MedalMi Bluetooth SpeakerXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8FlashholicMIUI 2016MIUI 2015I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 6Fantastic!MIUI 7MIUI Devices ContestMi Note ProMi Pad4 Million Forum MembersRedmi Note 2Mi 4iMi TVMi 4cMi 3Redmi NoteRedmiMi NoteMi Max Xiaomi Mi 4Mi 2Fan Of MIUI BangladeshXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From BrazilMalaysia AnniversaryMIUI 7th Anniversary500K Forum MembersHappy New YearFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 100 Million UsersFan Of  MIUI Azerbaijan300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 4th AnniversarySingapore BirthdayHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from India100k Forum MembersMIUI 3rd AnniversaryAtaturk MourningDiwali Happy Singles' DayThanksgiving DayMIUI Fan from Turkey700K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI V5 ReviewMid-Autumn Festival1st Anniversary2014 Christmas600K Forum MembersSuper SaturdaySuper SundayMIUI Weekly PollHappy Holi MedalSuper Monday1800K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersRingolicious MedalPuzzle Master1500K Forum MembersRocket to FutureSuper FridayMIUI Marathon MedalI Love 2016Super WednesdayWomen's Day MedalRooster Year of 2017MIUI Lucky FridaySurge S12100K Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalSuper Thursday3 Million Forum MembersMIUI World TourMIUI 20171700K Forum MembersMIUI 9Xiaomi 6th AnniversaryUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Forum App90000 Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersFan of MIUI MyanmarMIUI 5th Anniversary800K Forum Members900K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasMIUI Fan From VietnamMIUI Fan From NepalPokemon Master MedalMIUI Fan From MyanmarSuper TuesdayOlympics MedalMIUI 6th Anniversary1900K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI ReviewMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Device TeamMIUI Wallpaper ContestAndroid GuruMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMost Popular Forum UserMost Active MIUIerMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverStar Of TechnologyInbox ZeroAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalMi TalentDebate MasterTechnology GuruYouth PledgeMi Story TellerMIUI ExpertWallpaper StarRingtone MasterOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeHumor MasterScroll Of WisdomApp TalentUpdates LoverStar Of IconsMIUI Twitter FollowerDie-hard MIUI Fan

16:38, Aug-11-2014 | From PC
|
Thanks for your lessons!

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
29 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!I Love MIUIMi 3MIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanOTA Feedback

16:44, Aug-11-2014 | From PC
|
Wow great lesson! I will try this tutorial and hopefully I can nail that Bokeh shot on my mi3 :)

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
69 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 6Fantastic!MIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaDiwali MIUI V5 Review300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamHumor MasterAndroid GuruOTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum

16:53, Aug-11-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Adhi_India at 11:18, Aug-12-2014

Wonderful lesson.  This one taken by me somewhat indoor, will be adding some outdoors ASAP.  Taken by Mi3, auto mode.

IMG_20140808_120919.jpg

HDR mode used to make the Bokeh shot
IMG_20140812_080617_HDR.jpg

This one all settings manually selected to give it a bit sepia tone...
IMG_20140812_080658.jpg

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list