Credits
Device
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 2016MIUI Forum AppPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI FanMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat

[Q & A] Flashing new global Rom onto Mi Note 4G Lte

[ Promote]
6821 11 |
16:47, Aug-09-2016 | From APP
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by drakonian at 21:20, Aug-10-2016

Hi, I have been trying, unsuccessfully to Flash my dx.com bought Mi Note LTE. I have tried to find info on this on the device pages on the Xiaomi website but for some reason, it's not there  (Note Pro is listed but my model is Note LTE Dual sim) below is a screenshot of my phone details.
š
š
because my phone was shipped with a China Rom ,I don't know if that is causing the problem. I tried yesterday to download the global Rom for the Redmi note 4g by using the recovery method , wiped all data, changed the Rom to update.zip. put Rom in root folder but it didn't work. I want to do this legally, not by downloading twrp and there has to be a way of doing this without unlocking the bootloader and using a flash recovery. some solid advice would help please. thanks.
Screenshot_2016-08-09-09-41-02.png
Favorite1 Share

Super moderator

Everything is subjective...

Credits
Device
Mi Note Pro
Online time
1653 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeUnlock MedalMi  BunnyMi BandMi WiFi RouterMi Power BankMi Band 2Mi WiFi Router MiniMi Selfie StickAwesome!MIUI 2015MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2016I Love MIUIFlashholicMIUI 7MarshmallowFantastic!MIUI 8Redmi Note 2Mi Note ProRedmi ProMi 4cXiaomi 6th AnniversaryHappy New YearThanksgiving DayFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMerry Christmas1 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum Posts800K Forum MembersSuper ThursdayMIUI Forum AppMi Live MedalI Love 20161300K Forum Members1700K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI World TourMIUI Lucky Friday1400K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017Olympics Medal900K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalUEFA EURO MedalMIUI 2017MIUI 6th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMi Bunny Game Master Updates LoverOTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanForum Contest LoverWallpaper ExpertMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI FB FollowerYouth PledgeMi Lover MedalMaster Of TechnologyMi TalentTechnology GuruMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Device ExpertDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterRingtone Star Inbox ZeroAndroid ElfMIUI FollowerAndroid Guru

18:10, Aug-09-2016 | From PC
|
First of all...
Mi Note or Mi Note LTE dual sim are the same, no other models apart Mi Note Pro (different hardware), so this is the link of global for Mi Note http://en.miui.com/download-262.html
Second thing... In the future, don't try to use rom made for other phones, you were lucky to not brick your device.
Third... Mi Note doesn't have the bootloader locked.
Fourth... Your pre-installed Rom isn't original (it's one customized from seller) and you can flash the original only through Mi Flash.

Click on "reply"

Credits
Device
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 2016MIUI Forum AppPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI FanMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat

Author| 20:18, Aug-09-2016 | From APP
|
Excellent, thanks Draconian for the sound advice. I didn't realise that the Rom shipped with my phone was custom. would have liked the option to be able to receive OTA upgrades. could you please advise when looking for a Rom to Flash what exact model do I look for when searching for a rom.

Super moderator

Credits
Device
Mi Note Pro
Online time
1653 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeUnlock MedalMi  BunnyMi BandMi WiFi RouterMi Power BankMi Band 2Mi WiFi Router MiniMi Selfie StickAwesome!MIUI 2015MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2016I Love MIUIFlashholicMIUI 7MarshmallowFantastic!MIUI 8Redmi Note 2Mi Note ProRedmi ProMi 4cXiaomi 6th AnniversaryHappy New YearThanksgiving DayFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMerry Christmas1 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum Posts800K Forum MembersSuper ThursdayMIUI Forum AppMi Live MedalI Love 20161300K Forum Members1700K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI World TourMIUI Lucky Friday1400K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017Olympics Medal900K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalUEFA EURO MedalMIUI 2017MIUI 6th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMi Bunny Game Master Updates LoverOTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanForum Contest LoverWallpaper ExpertMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI FB FollowerYouth PledgeMi Lover MedalMaster Of TechnologyMi TalentTechnology GuruMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Device ExpertDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterRingtone Star Inbox ZeroAndroid ElfMIUI FollowerAndroid Guru

23:34, Aug-09-2016 | From PC
|
boghopperie replied at 2016-8-9 13:18
Excellent, thanks Draconian for the sound advice. I didn't realise that the Rom shipped with my phon ...

Answers to your questions are already in my previous post... ;-)

Click on "reply"

Credits
Device
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM

Author| 06:48, Aug-10-2016 | From APP
|
Hi Draconian, No joy as of yet. I tried a few methods, using the link that you sent for the Rom, I downloaded it and put the Rom in the root folder and tried the updater app, browsed to rom, and clicked on it. it then reported on the app. " there has been an error, do you wish to report it". I then tried to change the name of the Rom to update.zip. this had the same effect. I then tried to put the phone into recovery mode and tried to update this way. no success. I would like to try and do a flashboot install but as I may have used the wrong image before could someone point me to the correct flashboot global Rom for Redmi note 4G LTE Dual sim. it is very confusing trying to figure out the correct rom for this handset as there are so many handsets that are called note. A bit of direction would be appreciated.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi Note
Online time
125 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 2016I Love MIUIMIUI 7Mi Note5 Million Forum PostsUEFA EURO Medal1300K Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyDebate MasterInbox ZeroScroll Of WisdomWallpaper Expert

11:34, Aug-10-2016 | From PC
|
I would highly suggest using fastboot to flash the rom to give the phone a "clean slate".
So do you have a Redmi Note 4G or the Xiaomi Note Lte?

Super moderator

Credits
Device
Mi Note Pro
Online time
1653 Hours
Send PM

13:49, Aug-10-2016 | From PC
|
This post was edited by drakonian at 06:53, Aug-10-2016
boghopperie replied at 2016-8-9 23:48
Hi Draconian, No joy as of yet. I tried a few methods, using the link that you sent for the Rom, I d ...

According to your screenshot you have the MI Note not the REDMI Note 4G, why do you insist to search Redmi Note 4g rom? There are various "note" but with different names (in the list the full names are specified, not only "note, note, note") and you must search your MI note.

This is the link of fastboot MI NOTE global rom http://update.miui.com/updates/v1/fullromdownload.php?d=virgo_global&b=F&r=global&n=

This is the link of Mi flash http://en.miui.com/thread-281979-1-1.html for flashing the fastboot Rom.

When you flash, check "clean all" option to the bottom of Mi flash window

to avoid issue , cause your pre-installed Rom isn't original.

Click on "reply"

Credits
Device
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM

Author| 01:25, Aug-11-2016 | From Mi Note
|
Thanks Drakonian, You definitely know your stuff

Credits
Device
Mi Note
Online time
10 Hours
Send PM

Mi NoteMIUI Fan from IndiaFan Of MIUI India

23:59, Aug-16-2018 | From PC
|
Can I run Android Auto with the Global ROM? with my current China version I'm not able to run Android Auto

Credits
Device
Mi Note
Online time
10 Hours
Send PM

Mi NoteMIUI Fan from IndiaFan Of MIUI India

00:25, Dec-24-2018 | From PC
|
drakonian replied at 2016-8-10 13:49
According to your screenshot you have the MI Note not the REDMI Note 4G, why do you insist to searc ...

@drakonian, is the link to download that you provided no longer show Mi Note. The funny thing it has older than Mi Note.

Where can i download Mi Note Global Rom?

thanks in advance.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list