[ Promote]
36113 139 |
05:44, Aug-09-2016 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by dkaire at 05:51, Aug-09-2016

Hello,

I have bought the mi band 2 and seems that the heart rate measure is not working on black people.
We have done some tests with the same bracelet on several people. The heart rate measure works well on white people and failed each time on black skin.

I bought the mi band 2 since one week and the heart rate measure still not working on me. I tried using another mi band 2, the result is the same i.e. works well on white while it's not working well me.

Are you aware of this technical issue ? It's embarrassing because I bought for this feature.
thanks for support

FYI I leave in Paris/France

Favorite16 Share

Rated by 2 people   Experience Reason  

dfdsfsd33 + 1 Agreed!
Amaterus + 1 Agreed!

Experience +2  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.5.1.0.NBCMIED
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalFantastic!1700K Forum MembersDiwali Happy DiwaliDie-hard MIUI Fan

18:46, Oct-24-2016 | From Mi Max 32GB
|
I had the same issue as you describe. However I did a quick hack and got the issue resolved.
Just paste a thin white paper on the sensor behind wristband. Cover both the LED and it started working

Check in attached photo for reference.ššš

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
14:38, Dec-30-2016 | From PC
|
I am fair and hairy. It doesn't work for me too. It works when I wear it other way ...Thanks
IMG_20161230_120354.jpg IMG_20161230_120420.jpg

Gold Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.1.1.0.MHOMIDI
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!MIUI 7MIUI 8Hilal Ramadan 1300K Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsSurge S1UEFA EURO Medal1400K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan from India1500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMi Lover MedalTechnology GuruYouth PledgeScroll Of Wisdom

05:51, Aug-09-2016 | From APP
|
@dkaire ! âllo ! Ohh I feel sad for you !! Xiaomi never meant to make it not work on dark complexions ! That might be a misunderatanding ! Try it on your other hand or or try the heart rate function with the Mi Band on the underside of your wrist !! That might help !! Overall , if the issue still persists try contacting Xiaomi support !!

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 17:40, Aug-09-2016 | From PC
|
Hi KarkeraMaster,
thanks for your reply.
I tried any possible combinaisions:
- on my left and my right hand
- my underside wrist
- using others Mi Band 2
- on another person with black skin.
with all these tests, the measure still failed. While it working well on my friends with white skin.
Of course, I guess this is just a technical issue.
It seems that melanin prevents measuring the heart rate properly.
I will contact Xiaomi support.
thanks again

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4
MIUI Version
V9.2.2.0.KHDCNEK
Online time
754 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi WiFi Router MiniMijia Story TellerMi  BunnyMi VR HeadsetMi HomeMi BandFlashholicFantastic!MIUI 2016MIUI 7Awesome!MIUI 8MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIRedmi Note 2Mi PadRedmi NoteMi 4c3 Million Forum App InstallsRooster Year of 20175 Million Forum Posts1300K Forum Members700K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 4th AnniversaryXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMerry Christmas900K Forum MembersThanksgiving Day1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 5th AnniversaryHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from MalaysiaMalaysia AnniversaryMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Forum App1400K Forum Members1500K Forum Members1700K Forum Members1900K Forum MembersPokemon Master Medal2014 ChristmasI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI IndiaUEFA EURO MedalFan Of MIUI Greece2100K Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayMIUI 2017I Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMi TalentMr. DependableInbox ZeroMIUI Honorary ModeratorTechnology GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMaster Of TechnologyAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomMi Lover MedalSuper ModeratorYouth PledgeMIUI Medals CollectorOTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerForum Contest LoverAndroid GuruDie-hard MIUI FanPioneer of MIUI English Forum Mi Bunny Game Master Ringtone TalentUpdates LoverMIUI FB FollowerHumor Master

22:22, Aug-09-2016 | From PC
|
Hi there, it seems that you are having difficulty to get the heart rate reading via your miband 2...
Regarding the heart sensor is not functioning properly with dull skin colour, I've no idea but will have to submit a feedback to the respective team. Just for your information, I've asked few of my friends who are having dull skin colour to test on the miband 2, and the heart rate sensor is working fine.

If there's any response given by the team, will reply you as soon as possible. Thank you for your support and have a nice day

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 23:43, Aug-09-2016 | From PC
|
Hi cloudmah90,
thanks for your reply.

I have some friends with dull skin and I confirm it's working sometimes.
But in my case, I mean very dark skin (I am african).
To show you an exemple, find attached 2 screens.
I did two tests,
- first one directly on my wrist, and sensor could not measure the pulse.
- second one I used my finger on the sensor (as the skin color is lighter) and it worked as expected.
It really seems that high melanin concentration (leading to dark skin) prevents measuring the heart rate properly.
I am waiting for support response.
thanks, have a nice  day too.

regards
KO.JPG
OK.JPG

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
05:59, Aug-29-2016 | From PC
|
It is so frustrating, I'm facing same issue in the same conditions. If I put my finger in the sensor directly it works like a charm, however on my wrist doesn't.

Credits
Device
Others
MIUI Version
Online time
23 Hours
Send PM
18:40, Aug-29-2016 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Snakefarm at 18:47, Aug-29-2016

that's really a slap in the face to Xiaomi - loosing business with dark skinned people (and just a kind of discrimination)
No business in Amerika, Europe and Africa ? (otherwise they will get a lot of complains, (like VW-diesel-gate)

a black monday for Xiaomi CEO and R&D-team (sorry for that punning)
Xiaomi: never ever again !

Credits
Device
Others
MIUI Version
Online time
23 Hours
Send PM
18:52, Sep-02-2016 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Snakefarm at 18:56, Sep-02-2016

Hey Xiaomi, any news about the "black skin problem" ?or is it put in the unsolved problems box ? - like all the other problems here in the forum ?

i think, it's time to spread out the news in the the www !!!
and send some copies to the other manufacturers of health/wrist bands

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

dfdsfsd33 + 1 Agreed!

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Xiaomi: never ever again !

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
03:38, Sep-06-2016 | From PC
|
Hey guys, just received the Miband 2. I have a dark skin and the heart monitor doesn't work on me but works well on my girlfriend (she's caucasian).
Anyway how can I make it work better? I did not think that could be a "problem" so I took it especially for the sleep monitoring feature. Now I'm afraid that won't work properly because of this technical issue.

Did somebody worked a way out of it?

Credits
Device
Others
MIUI Version
Online time
22 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band

14:30, Sep-06-2016 | Via mobile
|
I have a white skin (tanned) but when I wear the band too tight, heart measuring fails each time.  I hope they will fix this problem soon for the black persons

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list