2437 9 |
01:08, Aug-09-2016 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by LynxLV at 02:16, Aug-09-2016

Xiaomi Mi3 W
MIUI Global 7.5.1.0 Stable / Android 6.0.1

Problem. I've got a serious and annoying problem with phone - battery is stuck at 1% and I can't charge it!

Description. I switch on the phone, it says that battery is low (1%) and the red LED light is blinking. When I plug in the charger, it beeps the charger connection sound, shows "Charging 1%", but nothing happens - Phone status shows "Battery status - Not charging" and "Battery level 1%", red LED still blinking and battery indicator on the screen is not moving (it is empty).
But despite this information I think that battery is being charged because if I charge it for some hours, I can surf the web through the WiFi for a good time. So the battery charge is definitelly more than 1%, but the phone thinks/shows it incorrectly.
The problem appeared after changing the broken screen and old battery to a new one.

Possible solutions I have already tried!
1) I have tried at least 4 different chargers, including the original one. No difference. Tried to charge through USB and PC - no difference.
2) I have bought a new battery (with original Xiaomi sticker) and installed it - does not help. I thought, maybe a bad and not original battery so I bought one more good quality NOHON battery for Mi3 and installed it - does not help.
3) I thought, maybe I have a broken USB port because it was already worn out - I bought a new USB port with flex cable and installed it - does not help.
4) I have updated the software through MiFlash to a newest version I could find (7.5.1.0). No progress.
5) All battery status/manage applications that I have tried from Google Play shows that status is 1% and "Discharging".
Temperature 25°C. Voltage ~3780mV. Capacity 29 / 2969mAh.
6) Installed as well original broken screen (shattered but still shows picture) and old / new batteries - does not help.

I have surfed through lot of forums with "Android battery stuck at 1%" but haven't found any solution yet.
Maybe I need to reset somehow the battery status but I haven't found the way how to do that. I could root the phone, but as it has 1% battery, it can
Yes, I could still use the phone, it should last for a day or two, but it is crazy that I don't know at which moment the phone will just switch off with empty battery.

Have you got any ideas how to solve the problem? Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks!

Favorite Share

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 4
Online time
1427 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi VRMi BandMi HeadphonesMi Selfie StickMi Kids WatchUnlock MedalMagic CubeMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 8MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 7MIUI 2016Redmi Note 4Mi 4cXiaomi Mi 4MIUI 300 Weeks1700K Forum Members1st AnniversaryHappy DiwaliOlympics Medal1400K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersUEFA EURO Medal5 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From BrazilPokemon Master Medal1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Forum App3 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdayMIUI PSuper WednesdayWomen's Day MedalCamera Filter Guru MedalFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 93500K Forum MembersSuper TuesdayMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 201710 Million Forum PostsRocket to FutureThanksgiving DayMi Live MedalMIUI Weekly PollRooster Year of 2017I Love 2016Happy New Year3 Million Forum App Installs1 Million Forum App InstallsGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi Bunny2017 Annual Awards25 Million StrongMIUI 8th AnniversaryGold Super ModeratorDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI SuperstarXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI Medals CollectorWallpaper ExpertAndroid GuruMi Bunny Game Master Redmi Quiz MasterMIUI Device ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMaster Of TechnologyMi Story TellerStar Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerMr. DependableMIUI ExpertTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfForum Contest LoverInbox ZeroHumor MasterScroll Of WisdomMi TalentYouth Pledge

02:07, Aug-09-2016 | From PC
|
Hi,

I see you have tried a lot of this already try these two

Let the  phone run down to empty then put the phone on and charge it over night while switched  off.  

If that does not work try doing a flash all fastboot flash http://en.miui.com/a-234.html

Remember to backup first and report back

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 02:15, Aug-09-2016 | From PC
|
Nig_ZA replied at 2016-8-9 02:07
Hi,

I see you have tried a lot of this already try these two

Hi,
thanks for your response! I just just made a full flash to the newest update I could get - 7.5.1.0. (Already updated the description info above.)
If honestly, I am afraid to fully drain the battery. Because I did it with previous battery and phone hook up on Mi logo blinking all the time... So I bought a new Nohon battery.

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 4
Online time
1427 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi VRMi BandMi HeadphonesMi Selfie StickMi Kids WatchUnlock MedalMagic CubeMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 8MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 7MIUI 2016Redmi Note 4Mi 4cXiaomi Mi 4MIUI 300 Weeks1700K Forum Members1st AnniversaryHappy DiwaliOlympics Medal1400K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersUEFA EURO Medal5 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From BrazilPokemon Master Medal1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Forum App3 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdayMIUI PSuper WednesdayWomen's Day MedalCamera Filter Guru MedalFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 93500K Forum MembersSuper TuesdayMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 201710 Million Forum PostsRocket to FutureThanksgiving DayMi Live MedalMIUI Weekly PollRooster Year of 2017I Love 2016Happy New Year3 Million Forum App Installs1 Million Forum App InstallsGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi Bunny2017 Annual Awards25 Million StrongMIUI 8th AnniversaryGold Super ModeratorDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI SuperstarXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI Medals CollectorWallpaper ExpertAndroid GuruMi Bunny Game Master Redmi Quiz MasterMIUI Device ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMaster Of TechnologyMi Story TellerStar Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerMr. DependableMIUI ExpertTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfForum Contest LoverInbox ZeroHumor MasterScroll Of WisdomMi TalentYouth Pledge

14:29, Aug-09-2016 | From PC
|
LynxLV replied at 2016-8-8 20:15
Hi,
thanks for your response! I just just made a full flash to the newest update I could get - 7.5 ...

Hi,

After the "flash all" flash with miflash is there any improvement?

Do applications from like Ampere in the Google play store show the battery as empty as well?

Did you try charging with it switched off over night?

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 20:07, Aug-09-2016 | From PC
|
Nig_ZA replied at 2016-8-9 14:29
Hi,

After the "flash all" flash with miflash is there any improvement?

As I told you - "Flash all" with MiFlash does not help at all.
I haven't tried Ampere app, but different others. Yes, they all show that battery is 1% and don't show that device is charging, although it is connected to a working charger.
With this new battery I haven't yet charged overnight while switched off. With previous batteries it did not help. Now have to try with this one.

P.S. Left it switched on for the whole night. If it would really have only 1% of battery, it should be dead after 30 minutes, but now it is still working in standby mode for 17 hours. Let's see how long it will last.

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 04:15, Aug-11-2016 | From PC
|
The phone is still working in stand by mode with one charge from Monday. Although I am not using it with SIM card yet, but looks like I will try to do so to see results. So I am sure that battery and USB port is totally fine, battery holds the charge, but the phone shows this info incorrectly.

Credits
Device
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM
01:08, May-30-2017 | From PC
|
I am having the same problem of 0% battery level while charging with phone off and 1% when it is on with my MI3 WCDMA.

Problem have started after LCD/Digitizer replacement:
After LCD/Digitizer replacement the phone had no signal (cellular  signal) therefore I have ordered (from Aliexpress) & replaced the logic board (main board) & the replacement logic board is having this issue.

I have already tried the following, yet problem remains:

1. Battery replacement (I have 2 MI3 Phones)
2. Charger & charging wire replacement (All chargers & wires works fine on my 2nd MI3 device)
3. Charging flex cable replacement
4. Factory reset
5. Flashing ROM using MiFlash Utility (Replacement board arrived with Kitkat CN ,flashed Global version)

Both original & replacement logic boards looks very similar with the same component's layout  & the only diffierance I could observe is that the replacement board missing one written line compared to the original one but the P/N is the same.
(Perhaps its a non OEM part ???)

Reading other thread of  same issue reveals that the problem have started after phone was at service center due to charging issue & they replaced charging flex cable using TD-CDMA version instead of WCDMA version.
After revisiting at service center for WCDMA charging flex cable replacement the problem was resolved.

Searching for data for the differances between WCDMA & TD-CDMA versions of MI3 shows a very clear differance between the logic boards of the two models & it is impossible to install the wrong logic board model on the phone as the logic board & LCD/Digitizer frame are match.

Based on that I am quite sure that the replacement logic board that I have received is a WCDMA version ,unless it is possible to do some flashing that will tell it to be TD-CDMA.

I am thinking of ordering TD-CDMA flex charging cable for troubleshooting however I'm not 100% sure that this is the issue.
Perhaps there is a way to reset the charging indicator of the phone.

If anyone has any idea please let me know.

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 8

13:50, Apr-08-2018 | From PC
|
This got solved? Facing the same issue
Problem have started after LCD/Digitizer replacement, but I am having no issue with signal. Everything is working correctly.

Tried
1. Charging for 12+hrs. - Still shows 1% when on and 0% when off.
2. Fast boot flash with clear all selection - Drained my batt I guess it was on a boot loop for some time while charging, after that it stabilized now can disconnect charger and it stays on standby for hours. But it randomly reboots for no reason. Even while charging.
3. Fasboot flash again. - No improvement.

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
03:18, Jun-04-2018 | From PC
|
This post was edited by MG90 at 03:19, Jun-04-2018

Hello I have the same issue. My phone is Xiaomi MI 3W

I just bought new battery - its the 2nd time I am replacing it, first 2 batteries worked well until they got old and died.

Phone is working on charger, but as soon as I disconnect it it turns off and cannot boot. (I tried different chargers/Mi powerbank/ even my PC)

If anyone has a solution for this please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
14 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMIUI Fan from IndiaFan Of MIUI India

20:16, Mar-02-2019 | From PC
|
have the same exact issue now..   Please be kind to reply if you have any progress

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list