Send PM

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] XIAOMI MI5 EFS(IMEI) BACKUP&RESTORE METHODS

[ Promote]
29053 45 |
13:50, Aug-05-2016 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
PLEASE BARE FOR MY BAD ENGLISH,I AM NOT GOOD IN POSTING TUTORIALS,IF THERE R ANY MISTAKES PLEASE POST IT

U GUYS CAN BACKUP EFS(IMEI) WITH 2 METHODS ONE REQUIRE ROOT ANOTHER WITHOUT ROOT

STEP 1-BACKUP WITHOUT ROOT

FOR THIS U NEED QPST AND QUALCOMM DIAG DRIVERS THE LINK IS PROVIDES BELOW

INSTALL QPST AND QUALCOMM DIAG DRIVERS

CONNECT THE PHONE WITH THE COMPUTER AND DIAL *#*#717717#*#* ON THE DIAL PAD WHICH ENABLES DIAG MODE ON MI5
ON THE DEVICE MANAGER U WILL SEE "QUALCOMM HS-USB DIAGNOSTICS 90AD(COMXX)"
NOW JUST OPEN QPST CONFIGURATION FROM PROGRAMS, U WILL C UR PHONE CONNECTED ON THE ACTIVE PHONES TAB
THEN CLICK ON START CLIENTS->SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD
JUST CLICK ON THE BACKUP TAB AND CLICK START BUTTON, XXXXX.QCN WILL B CREATED ON UR DESKTOP THAT QCN FILE IS UR IMEI BACKUP SAVE THAT FILE SAFELY FOR THE FUTURE

STEP 2-RESTORING WITHOUT ROOT

LIKE ABOVE CONNECT UR PHONE TO THE COMPUTER AND DIAL *#*#717717#*#*, OPEN THE QPST CONFIGURATION THEN CLICK START CLIENTS->SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD , JUST CLICK ON RESTORE TAB AND BROWSE FOR THE QCN BACKUP AND ENABLE ALLOWPHONE/FILE ESN MISMATCH THEN CLICK START TO RESTORE,AFTER RESTORATION IS COMPLETED U NEED TO REBOOT THE PHONE THATS IT
IN SOME CASES RESTORING THROUGH ABOVE METHOD DONT WORK FOR THAT U NEED TO FOLLOW STEPS BELOW(RESTORATION WITH ROOT)

3-BACKUP WITH ROOT

CONNECT THE PHONE WITH USB DEBUGGING ENABLED ,ON THE ADB COMMAND WINDOW TYPE THE FOLLOWING COMMANDS

adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/sde28 of=/sdcard/modemst1
dd if=/dev/block/sdf3 of=/sdcard/modemst2
dd if=/dev/block/sdf5 of=/sdcard/fsg

THREE BIN FILES(modemst1.bin,modemst2.bin and fsg.bin) WILL B FOUND ON UR INTERNAL MEMORY SAVE IT SOMEWHERE SAFELY

4-RESTORE WITH ROOT

COPY THE THREE BIN FILES(modemst1.bin,modemst2.bin and fsg.bin) TO UR ROOT OF INTERNAL MEMORY ,CONNECT UR PHONE TO THE COMPUTER WITH USB DEBUGGING ENABLED ,ON ADB COMMAND WINDOW TYPE THESE COMMANDS

adb shell
su
dd if/sdcard/modemst1.bin of=/dev/block/sde28
dd if/sdcard/modemst2.bin of=/dev/block/sdf3
dd if/sdcard/fsg.bin of=/dev/block/sdf5
reboot

THATS IT RESTORE COMPLETED

IF U DONT HAVE A QCN BACKUP OR THE THREE BIN FILES AND UR IMEI IS CORRUPTED OR NULL FOLLOW BELOW STEPS TO RESTORE IMEI
UR DEVICE MUST B ROOTED
FIRST WIPE UR EFS PARTITION THROUGH BELOW ADB COMMANDS

adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/sde28
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/sdf3
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/sdf5
reboot

AFTER THE PHONE IS REBOOTED
DOWNLOAD THE SAMPLE-MI5.QCN BACKUP FILE FROM THE DOWNLOAD SECTION
THIS IS THE MODIFIED MI5 QCN BACKUP WHICH CONTAIN THE 1ST AND 2ND DUMMY IMEI, U HAVE TO EDIT THIS QCN WITH ULTRA EDIT HEX EDITOR, LINK FOR THE ULTRA EDIT IS BELOW
IN SAMPLE-MI5.QCN THE FIRST IMEI IS 123456789012345 AND THE SECOND IMEI IS 543210987654321
IN HEX FORMAT THE FIRST IMEI IS 08 1A 32 54 76 98 10 32 54 AND THE SECOND IMEI IS 08 5A 34 12 90 78 56 34 12

INSTALL ULTRA EDIT AND OPEN SAMPLE-MI5.QCN

THEN CONVERT UR 1ST AND 2ND IMEI IN TO HEX FORMAT WITH THE IMEI CONVERTER WHICH IS PROVIDED IN THE DOWNLOAD SECTION, NOTE DOWN THE HEX CONVERTED IMEI'S

SEARCH FOR 08 1A 32 54 76 98 10 32 54 ON THE FIND AND NEXT OPTION ON THE HEX EDIT AND REPLACE IT WITH UR 1ST HEXCONVERTED IMEI,THEN
SEARCH FOR 08 5A 34 12 90 78 56 34 12 ON THE FIND AND NEXT OPTION ON THE HEX EDIT AND REPLACE IT WITH UR 2ND HEXCONVERTED IMEI ,THEN SAVE IT ,EXAMPLE(I AM REPLACING 1ST AND 2ND IMEI'S WITH 08 8A 21 89 22 34 32 54 76 AND 08 4A 77 22 24 33 03 54 76 RESPECTIVELY)
CONNECT UR MI5 IN THE DIAG MODE MENTIONED ABOVE AND RESTORE THE EDITED QCN THROUGH THE STEP 2

ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED STEPS R TESTED WITH MY MI5 32GB/3GB RAM WHICH IS RUNNING MIUI8(6.7.24), BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED,TWRP INSTALLED,ROOTED

FOR PICTURES FOR ABOVE STEPS DOWLOAD THE WORD DOCUMENT

DOWNLOADS

ULTRA EDIT- http://www.4shared.com/rar/1U0grbRQba/ue_english.html?

QUALCOMM DIAG DRIVERS- http://www.4shared.com/rar/bgSkz_Rmc...r_2016_d.html?

QPST- http://www.4shared.com/rar/iZ4C-n_1ce/QPST_27411.html?

SAMPLE MI5 QCN- http://www.4shared.com/file/PKpriYx4ba/SAMPLE-MI5.html?

STEPS PICTURES- http://www.4shared.com/file/V6ltiryOba/STEPS_PICTURES.html?

MINIMAL ADB FOLDER- http://www.4shared.com/rar/4GLgAl1mce/adb.html?

IMEI TO HEX CONVERTER- http://www.4shared.com/rar/_iQQHiUEba/IMEI_converter.html?
Favorite21 Share

Rated by 7 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

vitna1 + 1 Great work!
Tung_Bill + 10 + 3 Awesome!
hendrianto + 2 Awesome!
dylan159 + 1 Thanks!
jjeamy + 2 Awesome!
s-u-f-f-e-r + 2 Awesome!
Torassk + 1 Thanks!

Experience +19  Prestige +3  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
20:40, Oct-23-2016 | From PC
|
Dear Sir,

your exlanation is great and in detailed..i have already my MI 5 32 gb unlocked bootloader and rooted su device....IMEI lost problem....i followed your step as per you described...but sir after open the downloaded sample qcn file on hex editor.... as per your instruction "
SEARCH FOR 08 1A 32 54 76 98 10 32 54 ON THE FIND AND NEXT OPTION ON THE HEX EDIT AND REPLACE IT WITH UR 1ST HEXCONVERTED".......when i try to find  "08 1A 32 54 76 98 10 32 54" its saying no match found....i have tried for imei two also..but still got same message.....kindly help me....if i could not fine this, then no option to put my imei converted hex no to replace....kindly check this and reply....

Credits
Device
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
04:56, Oct-24-2016 | From PC
|
This post was edited by chikoon at 05:06, Oct-24-2016

Dear, i got your samaple pictures....but its a matter of regret that you have repeated the same page on the last...you have repeted the step where you put find next to find the existting sample imei..you have omiited the imei find with replace step to end...so plz upload this..so its hard to got succesfully execute qcn file..so plz help..kindly share your contact no...

Credits
Device
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
05:39, Oct-24-2016 | From PC
|
once i go to find next and edit my own imei hex no on the black screen ,next time for second emi it could ntt find

Credits
Device
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
08:39, Oct-26-2016 | From PC
|
you are genious bro...no doubt you are a genius and you did it.......Actually i am doing somewhere mistake.....becasue i restored your sample imei no: through qpst , and it working 100%. i saw my imei no change as per your sample.....plz bro help me... i need to restore it to my original.....that i was not backup and lost.....i will get it from my invoice..so kindly help me...

my main problem is that once i searched for first imei after upload your sample imei on qpst its found and showed on the list,,,,,,,i am able to change the hex no manually to my first imei from the horizontal list....,,but now what to do....is it need to go for any save option or what before going to find second imei????because i had tried 100 times to find the second imei, but it could not searched.....if after uploading sample qcn, i tried to search second imei directly, its found,,,,,but for another imei its could not....Hope you will understand my situation and will help me....plz guide me how to fine for second imei without showing not found and how to save it properly.

Credits
Device
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
02:04, Oct-27-2016 | From PC
|
Thanx dude...i got my imei back....today i got success

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
17:29, Nov-14-2016 | Via mobile
|
Mine also have blank imei and showing insert sim card.....can u please elaborate the procedure nothing happened on entering code *#*#717717#*#*,installed all drivers..... Please help me ..I will pay to u for help

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
17:32, Nov-14-2016 | Via mobile
|
In qpst no phone showing... Mine what's app is +919802112530

Supreme Member

Credits
Device
Mi 8
Online time
213 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi VRXiaomi 6 LaunchMi HeadphonesXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowFantastic!MIUI 8I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2016Mi 54 Million Forum MembersMIUI 20171 Million Forum App InstallsThanksgiving DayMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Lucky FridayI Love 2016MIUI 300 WeeksRooster Year of 2017Happy Diwali1500K Forum Members1700K Forum MembersWomen's Day MedalMid-Autumn Festival2100K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaSuper SaturdayMIUI Forum AppSuper Tuesday3500K Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI 7th Anniversary5 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New YearMIUI Happy Medal3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsSuper FridayGamer Mi BunnyMiPopAndroid GuruMIUI Quick DiscussionMost Active MIUIerXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI ExpertMIUI FollowerMIUI Weekly Devices QuizScroll Of WisdomAndroid ElfUpdates LoverForum Contest LoverMi Lover Medal2017 Annual AwardsDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum

17:11, Nov-23-2016 | From PC
|
Hi to all. I tried this mathod. Drivers ok .I wrote my IMEI's to the QCN file but when i tried to restore it with QPST it shows "received an invalid command from the phone" in the program. Could someone help me pls. I would be more than greatfull. :)

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM

Fantastic!Fan Of MIUI SpainDiscuss HereDebate Master

21:17, Nov-24-2016 | From APP
|
Thank you is very useful

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list