Author: MikaDee

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi3
Online time
49 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 2015MIUI 6Mi 3MIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Beta TeamAndroid GuruAndroid ElfMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat

13:59, Aug-01-2014 | From PC
|
thanks for clarification. this will help

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Galaxy Note
Online time
45 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMijia Story TellerMijia Walkie TalkieMi VR HeadsetAwesome!I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestRedmi NoteMIUI Fan from India90000 Forum MembersMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI English Forum 2013MIUI 50 Million Users100k Forum MembersMIUI 3rd AnniversaryRocket to FutureMIUI V5 ReviewHilal Ramadan 300K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryRooster Year of 2017I Love 2016MIUI Marathon Medal2014 ChristmasFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryI Love Mi BunnyMIUI ExpertAndroid GuruScroll Of WisdomMIUI FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorOTA FeedbackMi Lover MedalPioneer of MIUI English Forum

14:34, Aug-01-2014 | From PC
|
bindassladka replied at 2014-7-31 14:31
i really dont care about my privacy. There are alot of things happening online. so y should i care?? ...

My dear brother,
i dont use mobile for my all banking transactions. thats y i said, i dont care about my privacy.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 2
Online time
132 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi BoxMIUI 6I Love MIUIMIUI 7Awesome!MIUI 2015FlashholicRedmiRedmi NoteMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan from IndiaDiwali 300K Forum MembersSingapore BirthdayHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 50 Million Users800K Forum MembersThanksgiving Day600K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI India500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Xiaomi 5th AnniversaryAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI FollowerRingtone Star Forum Contest LoverAndroid ElfInbox ZeroMost Active MIUIerDie-hard MIUI FanPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Global Forum 2014

16:11, Aug-01-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by LCDH at 16:13, Aug-01-2014

To ALL who are concerned, GSMArena has posted the following here:
http://blog.gsmarena.com/regardi ... troversy-editorial/

It’s time we put the Xiaomi data leaking controversy behind us [EDITORIAL]

"In the past few days we’ve been witnessing lots of controversy regarding evidence that the phone manufacturer Xiaomi is sending your personal data to a Chinese server. A lot has been written about that – we’ve heard both sides of the story as Xiaomi representatives are trying to put down the wild fire and assure everyone that this is not the case.

We just wanted to make it clear that as an editorial team we stand behind them and for us it seems there is no truth to these allegations. Indeed, we may have helped aggravate the situation by reporting it rather… bluntly.

On one hand, there is nothing wrong about allowing the world to know about the hottest concerns in the tech industry so everyone should make up their own mind and draw their conclusions. On the other, I admit that we reported it from the wrong angle and that perhaps, we should have approached the whole thing more responsibly and with less sensationalism as it was pretty much clear right from the start it’s all smoke and mirrors. It could have even been a blackhat PR campaign by a competitor against Xiaomi, which seemingly has been making quite a splash in the Indian market recently. Even if the Chinese government, or whoever else, was using Xiaomi’s phones to gather personal user info, we doubt that it would be in such an obvious way where it can easily outrage people.

It is clear that the source of the whole thing is questionable at best – just one guy, a forum member, who merely posted a few screenshots without proper details or independent confirmation and from there on the story was picked up and blown out of proportion. One thing is clear, we shouldn’t be as quick to draw conclusions about Xiaomi here.

We also shouldn’t be too quick to put our tinfoil hats on. Maybe the Chinese government is doing all it can do get its hands on as much personal data as it can. But so is the US government, using American manufacturers, who would readily submit your personal data to the authorities if a court orders it (or just because the NSA thought that is appropriate). Unfortunately, it’s just the world we live in."

Platinum Member

You've Got Another Thing Comin

Credits
Device
Redmi
Online time
117 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxFlashholicFantastic!MIUI 6I Love MIUIAwesome!RedmiMi 4iMi 1Mi 3MIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Hilal Ramadan MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeThanksgiving Day2014 ChristmasMIUI 50 Million Users1st AnniversaryAtaturk Mourning300K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliDiwali Gamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI Photography GuruMIUI ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruHumor MasterYouth PledgeInbox ZeroMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FB FollowerUpdates LoverStar Of IconsPioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA FeedbackMIUI Medals CollectorDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Follower

18:14, Aug-01-2014 | Via mobile
|
Thank you for sharing and glad these issues are addressed!

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi3
Online time
54 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!I Love Mi BunnyOTA FeedbackMIUI Follower

01:21, Aug-02-2014 | Via mobile
|
This post was edited by zhong-xiang at 01:25, Aug-02-2014

what I have for them to spy on?Anyway this looks like Xiaomi is heading to success

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
72 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMIUI 6Awesome!MIUI 2015I Love MIUIMi TVMi 3MIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI IndiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSingapore BirthdayMIUI Fan From Singapore1st AnniversaryXiaomi 5th Anniversary700K Forum Members300K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 50 Million UsersI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamScroll Of WisdomMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of IconsOTA FeedbackMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Pioneer of MIUI English Forum Android GuruMIUI Follower

03:38, Aug-02-2014 | From PC
|
Thanks for sharing...!!!

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi 2
Online time
58 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 2015MIUI V5 ReviewFan Of MIUI HungaryMIUI 4th Anniversary1st Anniversary300K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanForum Contest Lover

02:59, Aug-03-2014 | From PC
|
thanks for the informaion!

Credits
Device
Mi3
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Fan from IndiaSingapore BirthdayFan Of MIUI India

03:07, Aug-03-2014 | From PC
|
India trusts you thats the reason India is buying you like crazy

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
64 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BoxMIUI 6I Love MIUISingapore BirthdayMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 4th Anniversary300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 50 Million UsersI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FollowerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat

13:54, Aug-03-2014 | From PC
|
is ok

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note
Online time
50 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesI Love MIUIRedmi NoteMi 1RedmiMi PadMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSingapore BirthdayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruMIUI Follower

16:35, Aug-06-2014 | From PC
|
Informative!!

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list