MIUI Honorary Moderator

Active on Mi India Community!

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
1803 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi KeyI Love MIUIAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI 6Redmi Note 3Mi NoteRedmi 1SXiaomi Mi 4RedmiRedmi NoteMi TVMi 4iDiwali MIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI V5 Review1st AnniversarySingapore BirthdayFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from MalaysiaHilal Ramadan 2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan From BrazilMIUI 5th AnniversaryMerry Christmas1 Million Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayXiaomi 5th Anniversary300K Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta team - IndiaForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomRedmi Note 3 ExplorerMIUI Global Forum 2014Youth PledgeSuper ModeratorMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Mr. DependableMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeHumor MasterMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruUpdates LoverStar Of IconsRingtone TalentMIUI Community VIP

[India Sale] Xiaomi not sending any user data! Its a RUMOUR !!!

[ Promote]
7519 35 |
00:52, Jul-31-2014 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by fksgs2 at 01:00, Aug-03-2014

Q: Online articles recently referred to some privacy issues with the Redmi Note, claiming that photos and text messages are sent to China secretly. Are they true?

A: An article severely misinterpreted a discussion thread asking about the Redmi Note's communication with a server in China. The article also neglected to refer to a Chinese version of this Q&A already posted on the Xiaomi Hong Kong Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Xiaomihongkong/posts/799059896795602). MIUI does not secretly upload photos and text messages.
MIUI requests public data from Xiaomi servers from time to time. These include data such as preset greeting messages (thousands of jokes, holiday greetings and poems) in the Messaging app and MIUI OTA update notifications, i.e. all non-personal data that does not infringe on user privacy.

Q: Does Xiaomi upload any personal data without my knowledge?
A: Xiaomi offers a service called Mi Cloud that enables users to back up and manage personal information in the cloud, as well as sync to other devices. This includes contacts, notes, text messages and photos. Mi Cloud is turned off by default. Users must log in with their Mi accounts and manually turn on Mi Cloud. They also have the option to only turn on backup for certain types of data. The use and storage of data in Mi Cloud fully respects the local laws of each country and region. Strict encryption algorithms are implemented to protect user privacy.

Q: Can I turn Mi Cloud off?
A: Yes. Just go to Settings > Mi Cloud to turn it off. If you would like to use a cloud back up service from another provider, there are options from Google, Dropbox and many others.

Q: Why should I believe you?
A:Xiaomi is serious about user privacy and takes all possible steps to ensure our Internet services adhere to our privacy policy. We do not upload any personal information and data without the permission of users. In a globalized economy, Chinese manufacturers' handsets are selling well internationally, and many international brands are similarly successful in China – any unlawful activity would be greatly detrimental to a company's global expansion efforts.

This was posted by Mi India Facebook Page

Even Hugo Barra answered on this Redmi Note Issue -->Click Here!

Please stop believing on rumour and stop spreading rumour !

Favorite2 Share

Rated by 7 people   Experience Reason  

bhokali + 5 Agreed!
bhavya1996 + 1 Thanks!
Adhi_India + 1 Thank god !
abhiyoyo + 1 whatever shut up and take my money !!
AilsaZ + 6 Agreed!
DoxMAZz + 4 Thanks!
Sukanjan + 1 Great!

Experience +19  View Rating Log

Active On Mi India Community. Plz PM me on c.mi.com/in

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
OnePlus One
Online time
500 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIMIUI 6Awesome!Mi 3MIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI Fan from Malaysia100k Forum MembersMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI 4th AnniversarySingapore BirthdayMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI English Forum 201390000 Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamPioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerAndroid Guru

14:22, Aug-04-2014 | From PC
|
I don't understand what is so controversial about this? I'm not xiaomi fanboy. I like miui but i like AOSP MORE. I like xiaomi's phone but i like other phone as well. As long as it is good, why i need to hate it?

If it is about privacy, then even right now all the crawlers bot is collecting the data of what site i'm visiting. Facebook is collecting everything right now at this very moment. Why nobody go and bombard them now?

- All i saw is just a complain with "proof" from OS Monitor app. No one care to reveal with that "proof" on what packets is being sent actually? A very sensitive data of your scandal's birthday? Your secret whatsapp conversation with your secret boyfriend?? All your dirty little secret that can trigger world war 3?? OR... Miui is reading your gmail contents on when is your next flight?? Oh wait, that is what google did actually. (pun intended).
- If you say micloud is not activated, miui shouldn't have any connection to xiaomi server, then why nobody care to complain why there's connection to google server although sync to google account is already disabled? Google play services is constantly having connection to its server? Do you have proof on what you said? Or you actually don't know how to disable/deactivate/restrict ALL connection to xiaomi services properly and completely??

- Troubleshoot it properly before you jump into any conclusion just because YOU WANT TO SHOW OFF how good you are here. No body care and sadly no medal for that. Sorry. It is harsh but, seriously... **BIG SIGH**

- If you are so paranoia with xiaomi's services, then just disable ALL and restrict ALL from using data connection! They even provide you with utilities to do so. And BETTER is to just stay away from the internet, make your device offline so that ALL your data SAFE in your hand, your hand alone...

I dare to bet right now at this very moment, actually google and facebook is collecting your data silently, not xiaomi.

Please... Stop the nonesense once and for all.... Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere..

Screenshot_2014-08-04-13-47-03.png

Screenshot_2014-08-04-13-49-16.png

Screenshot_2014-08-04-13-49-59.png

Screenshot_2014-08-04-14-09-27.png

Screenshot_2014-08-04-14-09-36.png

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

Bingo220 + 6 Great!

Experience +6  View Rating Log

#NeverBuyMiAgain

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Others
Online time
196 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMi WiFi Router MiniFantastic!MIUI 6I Love MIUIAwesome!Mi 3Redmi NoteFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI V5 Review1400K Forum MembersDiwali MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from Malaysia300K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamYouth PledgeAndroid GuruMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Die-hard MIUI FanMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorHumor MasterMIUI FollowerUpdates LoverMost Active MIUIerOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum

01:04, Jul-31-2014 | From PC
|
Hope this will put rest to all rumors.

Supreme Member

www.lucrativephotography.com

Credits
Device
Mi 6
Online time
2929 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi Portable WiFiMi BoxMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankMi Power Bank 10000MAH Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!MIUI 2015FlashholicI Love MIUIMIUI 6Awesome!MIUI 8Mi TVRedmiRedmi 1SMi 3Redmi NoteXiaomi Mi 4Mi 5MIUI 50 Million Users1400K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Singapore1700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 30 Million Users100k Forum MembersMIUI English Forum 2013MIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI India1st AnniversaryMi Live MedalFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMid-Autumn FestivalHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from IndiaSingapore BirthdayMIUI Fan from TurkeyFan Of MIUI BangladeshFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayThanksgiving DayOlympics MedalAtaturk MourningMIUI 300 WeeksPokemon Master MedalDiwali MIUI 100 Million UsersHappy DiwaliHappy Singles' DaySummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI Porting TeamMIUI Device TeamMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruMost Active MIUIerMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerInbox ZeroYouth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanOTA FeedbackMIUI Global Forum 2014Most Productive Porting DeveloperRedmi Note 3 ExplorerMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfSuper MIUI ThemeMost Popular Porting DeveloperMIUI Medals CollectorRingtone Star Technology GuruMaster Of TechnologyStar Of IconsMIUI ExpertListed in Official Download PageStar Of TechnologyMIUI Community VIPRecognized MIUI Porting DevPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterUpdates LoverMIUI Follower

01:10, Jul-31-2014 | From PC
|
Thanks bro for this info :)

Comment

Bingo220 Ohk...we know what happened !Then why to thnx ? :P :D  01:13, Jul-31-2014

Elite Member

Testing MIUI V6

Credits
Device
Nexus 5
Online time
400 Hours
Send PM

Mi Portable WiFiMi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMIUI 6I Love MIUIFlashholicAwesome!Mi 3RedmiRedmi NoteMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy Singles' DayMIUI V5 ReviewXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI India600K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Device TeamAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatPioneer of MIUI English Forum Updates LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014Humor MasterMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Twitter FollowerOTA FeedbackMIUI Follower

01:15, Jul-31-2014 | From PC
|
Thanks for this

Platinum Member

Discovering MIUI...

Credits
Device
Mi3
Online time
1144 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BoxFlashholicAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI 6I Love MIUIMIUI 2015Mi 3MIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan from IndiaSingapore Birthday1st AnniversaryDiwali Thanksgiving DayAtaturk MourningMIUI Fan from TurkeyFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 100 Million UsersSummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Global Forum 2014OTA FeedbackMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Medals CollectorInbox ZeroAndroid ElfMIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanForum Contest LoverHumor MasterStar Of IconsPioneer of MIUI English Forum Updates LoverAndroid Guru

02:49, Jul-31-2014 | From PC
|
some people just can't swallow the fact that only few lucky ones are getting the leet device at crazy prices.

yes price is the main factor, if somebody already paid higher for lower specs, he must cry now. well that's little exaggerated. but if 10 million are crying from inside, we are just hearing its 0.0001% in real.

hope they will understand soon.
ਜੱਟ ਨੂ ਫਿਕਰ ਬਥੇਰੇ...

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
116 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 6MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI IndiaDiwali 300K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Follower

14:56, Jul-31-2014 | From PC
|
Care to tell me @Bingo220, even though my Mi Cloud is not active, I still have proof to show my device has an active connection to the server mentioned in the so called hit list, also not only that even my Explorer gets connected to that particular IP!

I have already posted the proof screenshot in another thread already, linking the same

http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod ... 1107&pid=586652

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Active on Mi India Community!

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
1803 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi KeyI Love MIUIAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI 6Redmi Note 3Mi NoteRedmi 1SXiaomi Mi 4RedmiRedmi NoteMi TVMi 4iDiwali MIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI V5 Review1st AnniversarySingapore BirthdayFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from MalaysiaHilal Ramadan 2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan From BrazilMIUI 5th AnniversaryMerry Christmas1 Million Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayXiaomi 5th Anniversary300K Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta team - IndiaForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomRedmi Note 3 ExplorerMIUI Global Forum 2014Youth PledgeSuper ModeratorMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Mr. DependableMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeHumor MasterMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruUpdates LoverStar Of IconsRingtone TalentMIUI Community VIP

Author| 15:12, Jul-31-2014 | From PC
|
@bracadabra replied at 2014-7-31 11:56
Care to tell me @Bingo220, even though my Mi Cloud is not active, I still have proof to show my devi ...

Its not user data Miui is collecting , it's analytical data that will help
to improve Miui.. Google apple everyone does that..
STOP SPREADING RUMOURS
Active On Mi India Community. Plz PM me on c.mi.com/in

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
116 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 6MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI IndiaDiwali 300K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Follower

15:19, Jul-31-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by @bracadabra at 12:21, Jul-31-2014

I wasn't spreading Rumor, but putting concerns forward; andyour/Xiaomi stand is crucial to get our trust aboard!

How can analytical data be collected when the service has not been activated bythe user but by the manufacturer?
What analytical data would one collect from the Explorer app, Picture, Music,Videos! Are these analytical data!

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi Max 2
Online time
39 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Fan From SingaporeHappy New YearMIUI Beta TeamAndroid GuruTechnology Guru

15:25, Jul-31-2014 | From PC
|
There is data uploading when phone is not doing anything.
Any idea what could be the source?
I read from some where that it could be google keyboard.
How to I verify that?

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
116 Hours
Send PM

15:35, Jul-31-2014 | From PC
|
^You can download "OS Monitor" app from the Playstore, do not change anything; Go to the second tab "Connection", you will know which services are using your data!

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list