Port For Samsung Galaxy Note I717

[ Promote]
1866 10 |
04:23, Apr-13-2013
| |
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by ryuken11221 04:48,Apr-13-2013

For those that are using the Note I717 I am currently working on a port of MIUI V5 for our device is my frist port and i would like to see if I can get some asstance from the community uploading what i have done so far so if someone can help me it would be greatly appreciated

Edit  Here is the Link for my Build https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8yo9oryllt6rsv/MIUI%20Port.zip

Edit

Here is the error log i get from the recovery https://www.dropbox.com/s/kg17esxuti303sv/recovery.log
Favorite

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
22 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 50 Million Users

Author| 02:35, Apr-15-2013
|
so i guess no boday can give me ahand with this then

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Galaxy S3
MIUI Version
Online time
368 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 50 Million UsersFan of MIUI UKMIUI 30 Million UsersMerry Christmas 2013Star Bug Finder100k Forum MembersMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI 20 Million UsersAwesome!Primary beta testerSecondary beta testerI love MIUII love Mi BunnyPioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA Feedback

23:07, Apr-15-2013
|
This post was edited by jwchips 23:40,Apr-15-2013

Reply ryuken11221 Add Thread

Hi ryuken,

I had a quick look at the recovery log a few days ago and it's not really very helpful - it simply says that the zip file failed to flash but gives no indication of why! So today I've used my works fibre internet line to download the ROM you posted and can see you have zipped up a folder called 'Port'. This is *probably* the cause of your problems! Because the META-INF folder is not in the root of the zip file CWM does not recognise it as a CWM flashable zip.  

I'd try taking all the files out of the Port folder, so the root of the zip file has the system / META-INF / data fodlers and the boot.img.

Of course I am not a developer, have not tested my theory as I do not have a Note and I've never ported anything! But this suggestion won't break anything, your zip is already broken lol :)

Let me know how you get on!

Edit: You have an assert script that checks that the zip file is being flashed to the right device, but it seems to be checking for the 'GT-N7000' or 'GT-I9220'. You have a I717.. how does the I717 appear in the build.prop under ro.product.device or ro.build.product? You will need to amend the assert check accordingly.

Edit2: I've had a look at the assert scripts in CyanogenMods code and they do not match what you have. I do not mean to be rude but I'm not sure what you've actually changed? If you have missed simple things like this then it is very unlikely your port will work, I'm afraid I do not have the time or knowledge to help any further.

Edit3: And what is happening here? Why is the /system mount point changing? As I say I do not have much experience with porting but this strikes me as strange..

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p24", "/system");
package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.sh", "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.functions", "/tmp/backuptool.functions");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/tmp/backuptool.functions");
run_program("/tmp/backuptool.sh", "backup");
unmount("/system");
show_progress(0.500000, 0);
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p9", "0");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p9", "/system");

Credits
Device
Mi2
MIUI Version
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
01:03, Apr-16-2013
|
Reply jwchips Add Thread

Gorgeous !

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
22 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 50 Million Users

Author| 01:21, Apr-16-2013
|
Reply jwchips Add Thread

well i fallowed a port guide this is my frist port and did everything the guid told me to do i still need to learn a lot about porting and understand things i saw that and fixed the that issue of it being inn another folder but as of right now im still on the drawing board and im not useing CMW to flash im useing TWRP recovery but i haven toched the build since then

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
22 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 50 Million Users

Author| 00:41, May-10-2013
|
well i have a new build up if anyone would liek to take a look https://www.dropbox.com/s/u62fwujskf...20Port%202.zip

MIUI Porting Team

Credits
Device
Mi3
MIUI Version
Online time
281 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi KeyMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatFan of MIUI PolandListed in Official Download PageMI 3MIUI Porting TeamOTA Feedback

01:52, May-10-2013
|
Still not flashable? Fix the link.

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
22 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 50 Million Users

Author| 03:01, May-10-2013
|
working on it now did you get the rom downloaded and plus i have everything right its just that my updater scripted is not pushing the installation through so gotta brainstorm on as to why i has sometake a look at it and it seemed ok to them just not sure why its failing

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
22 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 50 Million Users

Author| 20:49, May-10-2013
|
Well gotta a update for the thread it seems that the updater binary is failling now the updater script is fine everything has been edited and is fine and everything has been pulled over in its rightfull place if anyone has any knowlage on what might be my issue here please feel free to respond

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
22 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 50 Million Users

Author| 22:30, May-10-2013
|
51027496 replied at 2013-5-10 01:52
Still not flashable? Fix the link.

ok well ill have another build up in a few but i was told the rom didnt flash becuase of recovery issue what recovery were you using

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list