Device
Redmi 4 Prime
Online time
13 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 8th Anniversary

09:37, May-29-2018 | From PC
|
I just managed to upgrade without unlocking.
I was on 8.0.5.0.0, a fake ROM from G....Best.
Downloaded the latest Global stable and copied it to the root of the phone. Used the updater app to select the ROM. The updater said that the version I was trying to install was older than the current (clear nonsense..) and that all data would be erased. I had already backed up the phone so no problem.

And then it updated, took in the end approx 30 min to upgrade 9.5. Seems to work fine.
What also worked fine was the backup of the phone via MIUI account and restoring after upgrade.

So thanks for the tip, in the end simplest and safest via update tool. :-)

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
Online time
13 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 8th Anniversary

09:41, May-29-2018 | From PC
|
Moland0 replied at 2018-5-19 10:38
hello, I need help
I have a Xiaomi redmi 4
and it is fake rom

So try method as suggested on st page, via updater of the phone.
Worked for me without unlocking.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
140 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Qi CycleMi  BunnyMagic CubeMi Band 2Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIFantastic!AnTuTuXiaomi Mi 4MIUI 2017Rocket to FutureMIUI 9MIUI PMIUI Happy MedalFan Of MIUI IndiaPuzzle MasterAndroid GuruSurpriseMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMost Active MIUIerMIUI Quick DiscussionPioneer of MIUI English Forum Scroll Of WisdomXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMaster Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerStar Of TechnologyTechnology GuruMi Story TellerMi Talent25 Million StrongMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI Fan

14:38, May-30-2018 | From PC
|
Not working on Mi 5

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
Online time
30 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi Bluetooth SpeakerXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8Awesome!MIUI Happy MedalSuper ThursdayMIUI 9Rooster Year of 2017Super FridaySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Master Of TechnologyAndroid GuruMi Lover MedalScroll Of WisdomMIUI ExpertForum Contest Lover

08:24, Jun-14-2018 | Via mobile
|
just downloat global developer rom and install it with updater...

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM

3 Million Forum App Installs

17:44, Jul-29-2018 | From Mi 4c
|
there is so official room for MI4C
and I try with xmt software and it didn't work...

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
00:08, Aug-19-2018 | From Redmi Note 5
|
thanks, very infotmative

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
23:30, Sep-19-2018 | From PC
|
thank you very much

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM

Mid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Forum AppMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI FollowerMIUI 10Discuss HereSurpriseMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz

02:31, Sep-21-2018 | From Redmi 5 Plus
|
thanks for sharing this information

MIUI Designer Team

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
153 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickMi BandMi HomeMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Band 2Mi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi  BunnyMi HeadphonesI Love MIUIMIUI 2015MarshmallowMIUI 7MIUI 8Awesome!Fantastic!MIUI 2016Redmi 3Mi 4cMi 5Mi 3Redmi NoteRedmi 1SRedmi Note 3Redmi Note 2MIUI Fan From IndonesiaMi Live MedalCamera Filter Guru Medal1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Fan from MalaysiaPokemon Master MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryXiaomi 6th AnniversaryThanksgiving DayOlympics MedalSuper WednesdayWomen's Day MedalPuzzle MasterSurge S1Fan Of MIUI France1500K Forum MembersSuper ThursdayMIUI World Tour3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsSuper MondayMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Font LoverMIUI Lucky FridayRooster Year of 2017Diwali I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMi DropMIUI 10Forum Contest Lover10 Million Forum MembersMaster Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI ExpertMIUI Designer TeamMIUI Medals CollectorMi Bunny Game Master Star Of ThemesMIUI FollowerStar Of TechnologyTechnology GuruAndroid ElfSuper MIUI ThemeRingtone Star Debate MasterMi Story TellerInbox ZeroAndroid GuruMi Lover MedalScroll Of WisdomUpdates LoverYouth PledgeMIUI Ice Bucket Challenge

01:30, Sep-23-2018 | From Mi 5
|
Thanks nice information

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM
03:00, Dec-30-2018 | From PC
|
Thanks!