MIUI Version
Reproduce rate
100%
ROM version
Global Beta ROM
Country/Region
Malaysia
Description
Using the MIUI 8 Global 6.7.5 Beta for Redmi Note 2. Utilizing the Dual Apps option for Whatsapp. The second Whatsapp cannot backup to any of the Google Accounts.
Steps to reproduce
1. Go to Settings.
2. Tap on "Dual Apps".
3. Turn on Whatsapp's Dual Apps.
4. Go back to Home Screen and turn on the 2nd Whatsapp.
5. Go through the process of activating Whatsapp.
6. Ensure that the Whatsapp is activated on the 2nd SIM Card (the ones that are not used on the main Whatsapp).
7. Once 2nd Whatsapp is setup; open it up and click on the three buttons on top > Settings > Chats > Chat backup.
8. Tap on 'Account'.

Expected results : User should be able to select Google accounts logged in from the phone

Results : nothing happens.

I am unable to backup the 2nd Whatsapp's chat into any of my Google accounts.
Screenshot
--
Log
--
This post was edited by gunblade712 at 19:19, Jul-12-2016

On a side note, I've tried to create another account on the "Personal" section (Settings > Accounts > Other Accounts > Personal > Add account) but the screen doesn't allow me to create an account; it keeps on bouncing back to 'Other account' page.

account-setting.png
Favorite5 Share

Rated by 2 people   Experience Reason  

dutnet + 1 Thanks!
BIGXVI + 1 Agreed!

Experience +2  View Rating Log

All the love gone bad, turned my world to black.

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
14:48, Jun-20-2017 | From PC
|
Hello Guys,

Recently got redmi Note 4 and needed to transfer dual whatsapp chats from Redmi Note 3 to new phone. I also got the same issue, and the resolutions posted where like installing parallel space app. But fortunately I got a way around and it worked. It is about creating local backup on old phone, transferring it to new phone and restoring it. I will now illustrate the steps here.

1. Go to old phone, open dual whatsapp, go to settings->chat backup-> backup. It should create a local backup file.
2. Go to file manager, select storage for dual apps  --> Whatsapp --> Databases --> Select the latest backup file.
3. Transfer this file to new phone, using any sharing method, bluetooth, share it, mi drop etc..
4. Go to new phone. Activate dual whatsapp.
5. Activate dual whatsapp using your number. There will be no backup, remember, but don't worry.
6. Go to settings->chat backup-> backup. It should create a local backup file.
6. Go to file manager on new phone, select the file you imported from old phone. Copy it to "storage for dual apps  --> Whatsapp --> Databases".
7. There are two database files. Delete the smaller one, in size. (This is the emptybackup we just created.) The bigger file will be there. This is the backup file you had got from old phone.
8. Rename the file as "msgstore.db.crypt12".
9. Now, uninstall the dual whatsapp and reinstall it.
10. It will detect the backup file and restore it.

Let me reiterate, it worked for me. I am no expert, so please follow these at your own risk.

Thanks and regards,
KAMAL HANDOO

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi A1
Online time
235 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMIUI 2016Awesome!MIUI 8MIUI 7Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 300 WeeksRocket to FutureMIUI 2017MIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 9UEFA EURO MedalMIUI Forum App1500K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyTechnology GuruMIUI Weekly Devices QuizXiaomi 8th AnniversaryForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomMIUI FollowerMaster Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid Elf

15:50, Jul-24-2016 | From PC
|
Confirm in my phone

Credits
Device
Online time
10 Hours
Send PM
10:44, Jul-27-2016 | Via mobile
|
Redmi 2 2014819 same problem.

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM
12:31, Aug-05-2016 | From PC
|
Please have this fixed. I am encountering the same issue

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
11 Hours
Send PM

Fantastic!Awesome!MIUI 2016Xiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI 6th AnniversaryI Love 2016Gamer Mi BunnyMIUI FB Follower

06:34, Aug-09-2016 | Via mobile
|
Readmi Note 3 MTK DEV ROM 6.8.4. Please have this fixed. I am encountering the same issue

Credits
Device
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM
01:49, Aug-15-2016 | From Redmi Note 3
|
also in redmi note 3 pro miui 8 global 6.8.11, please fix

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi Note 2
Online time
242 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterMi  BunnyUnlock MedalMi Power StripAwesome!MIUI 8MarshmallowMIUI 2016I Love MIUIFantastic!Redmi 3MIUI Forum App3 Million Forum Members1500K Forum Members1800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI World TourMIUI 300 WeeksFan Of MIUI ItalyMid-Autumn FestivalHappy Valentine's Day10 Million Forum PostsMerry ChristmasI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Die-hard MIUI FanSurpriseMIUI 10Mi TalentMIUI 8th AnniversaryMIUI Medals CollectorXiaomi 8th AnniversaryForum Contest LoverAndroid GuruStar Of TechnologyAndroid ElfTechnology GuruMIUI KingDebate MasterInbox ZeroApp Talent

22:00, Aug-28-2016 | From PC
|
yes confirm not recognise google account in dual app

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
02:58, Aug-30-2016 | Via mobile
|
Yes, i am having the same problema in mi5 with the cloned WhatsApp

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
258 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 6 LaunchMi HomeMi Power BankMi HeadphonesMi Selfie StickYeelight Bedside LampMi VR HeadsetYi Action CameraMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2015MIUI 7Fantastic!MIUI 2016Awesome!Mi TVMi 54 Million Forum MembersXiaomi Mi 4Mi 4cFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan from IndiaOlympics MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryAtaturk Mourning700K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersMIUI Forum App1 Million Forum MembersMerry ChristmasHilal Ramadan 800K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryUEFA EURO MedalDiwali Xiaomi 6th AnniversaryHappy New YearFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Fan From MyanmarMIUI Fan From VietnamHappy Valentine's DayThanksgiving DayMIUI 300 WeeksSuper ThursdaySuper MondayFan Of MIUI UkraineFan Of MIUI RussiaHappy Holi MedalMIUI 2017Rocket to FuturePuzzle MasterMIUI Fan from Malaysia10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Lucky Friday300K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017Camera Filter Guru MedalFan Of MIUI Australia100k Forum MembersRingolicious MedalSuper WednesdaySurge S1MiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMi Bunny Game Master Pioneer of MIUI English Forum Master Of TechnologyTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalMi TalentMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FollowerStar Of TechnologyMost Active MIUIerScroll Of WisdomAndroid ElfMost Popular Forum UserUpdates LoverYouth PledgeMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI ExpertForum Contest LoverMIUI Medals CollectorWallpaper ExpertStar Of IconsAndroid GuruDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerMIUI KingMi Story TellerMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeDebate Master

11:43, Aug-31-2016 | Via mobile
|
I guess there is no way to manually backup and restore dualled apps or second space

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
258 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 6 LaunchMi HomeMi Power BankMi HeadphonesMi Selfie StickYeelight Bedside LampMi VR HeadsetYi Action CameraMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2015MIUI 7Fantastic!MIUI 2016Awesome!Mi TVMi 54 Million Forum MembersXiaomi Mi 4Mi 4cFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan from IndiaOlympics MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryAtaturk Mourning700K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersMIUI Forum App1 Million Forum MembersMerry ChristmasHilal Ramadan 800K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryUEFA EURO MedalDiwali Xiaomi 6th AnniversaryHappy New YearFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Fan From MyanmarMIUI Fan From VietnamHappy Valentine's DayThanksgiving DayMIUI 300 WeeksSuper ThursdaySuper MondayFan Of MIUI UkraineFan Of MIUI RussiaHappy Holi MedalMIUI 2017Rocket to FuturePuzzle MasterMIUI Fan from Malaysia10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Lucky Friday300K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017Camera Filter Guru MedalFan Of MIUI Australia100k Forum MembersRingolicious MedalSuper WednesdaySurge S1MiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMi Bunny Game Master Pioneer of MIUI English Forum Master Of TechnologyTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalMi TalentMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FollowerStar Of TechnologyMost Active MIUIerScroll Of WisdomAndroid ElfMost Popular Forum UserUpdates LoverYouth PledgeMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI ExpertForum Contest LoverMIUI Medals CollectorWallpaper ExpertStar Of IconsAndroid GuruDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerMIUI KingMi Story TellerMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeDebate Master

11:44, Aug-31-2016 | Via mobile
|
Not only whatsapp chat history restore from google, I guess there is no way to backup or restore dualled apps or second space

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list