不忘初心,方得始终

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
MIUI Version
Online time
4486 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi HeadphonesMi HomeUnlock MedalXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 6Awesome!MIUI 8I Love MIUIMarshmallowMIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI 7MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2015Redmi Note 3Singapore Merlion MedalMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 50 Million UsersSuper MondayMIUI 2017Super WednesdaySuper Thursday1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI World TourSurge S1MIUI Weekly PollI Love 2016Rooster Year of 2017Rocket to FutureMIUI 100 Million UsersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 5th AnniversaryMerry ChristmasXiaomi 6th Anniversary1 Million Forum MembersHappy New YearHappy Valentine's DayMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI HalloweenThanksgiving Day2014 ChristmasSingapore BirthdayPokemon Master MedalSuper Sunday5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 300 Weeks3500K Forum MembersHappy Holi Medal1st AnniversaryMIUI Forum AppMIUI 6th Anniversary1900K Forum MembersMIUI V5 ReviewSuper FridayGamer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI News TeamDie-hard MIUI FanSuper ModeratorStar MIUI News Team MemberPioneer of MIUI English Forum Mi Lover MedalTechnology GuruMIUI ExpertForum Contest LoverYouth PledgeMIUI FB FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerAndroid ElfMIUI Global Forum 2014Mi Story TellerMi TalentMIUI Twitter FollowerScroll Of WisdomAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatHumor MasterDebate MasterUpdates LoverMost Active MIUIer

[Tips & Tutorials] [Guide] How to Flash MIUI 8 Global ROM? Here's a Step-by-step Tutorial!

[ Promote]
441903 671 |
17:05, Jul-11-2016 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by vincent_khoo at 12:56, Jul-15-2016

HI MIUI-ers,

Our very first Global Developer ROM 6.7.5 for MIUI 8 started to roll out from today onwards. In this thread, we are going to guide you step by step on flashing and upgrading to MIUI 8 !

How to Upgrade to MIUI 8

Currently we've just rolled out MIUI 8 Global Developer ROM, thus if you want to try out MIUI 8 it's necessary for you to flash to MIUI 8 Global Developer ROM. MIUI 8 Stable ROM will only receive update on 16th August

Method 1: System Update

For current MIUI Global Developer ROM users
, you will get MIUI 8 OTA update notifications on your phone. Or you can click 'Updater' app to check for updates. Don't forget to backup data before upgrading.

Method 2: Recovery Method

Note:
  • Due to the differences in Recovery interface, this method is not applicable to some Redmi MTK devices and devices with locked bootloader.
  • Make sure you're running on latest MIUI Stable Global ROM before using this method update to Developer ROM

Mi Phones with Mi 2.0.1 recovery
1) Download the latest MIUI 8 Recovery ROM file. Rename the downloaded ROM file to ‘update.zip’ on your computer.

Screenshot_2016-07-11-17-00-37-783_com.android.fileexplorer.png

2) Connect your device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable, and copy the ROM file downloaded and renamed in Step 1 into the root directory of the internal storage of your device. (Do not put it in any folder)

Screenshot_2016-07-11-16-58-51-723_com.android.updater.png

3) Enter the Recovery mode of your device. There are 2 methods to do it as follows:
Method 1: Launch ‘Updater’ app on your device, click the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, and select ‘Reboot to Recovery mode’ to enter.
Method 2: You can also turn off your device and then hold both Volume+ button and Power button at the same time to enter Recovery mode.

4) In Recovery mode, you can use Volume +/- to select up/down, and Power button to confirm. After entering Recovery mode, choose the language you use, select ‘Install update.zip to System One’ and confirm, and then your device will begin updating automatically. Wait until the update is completed, choose ‘Reboot to System One’, and then your device should boot to the new version.

Mi Phones with New Mi recovery interface
1)
Download the latest MIUI 8 Recovery ROM file. Rename the downloaded ROM file to ‘update.zip’ on your computer.

2) Head towards Updater App, click on the "3 dots" (top right-hand coner) and choose "Choose update package",

3) Go to "Download" folder and Choose files, and choose the Recovery ROM zip file you just copied from the PC/Computer and select and tap "OK".

4) It wil then verify the the package "Getting info" and reboot automatically and flash the Recovery ROM accordingly, as shown below:

Method 3: Fastboot method

Step 1: Unlock bootloader
Mi 5, Mi Max and coming new Mi devices has their bootloader locked. Therefore it's important to unlock the bootloader before you proceed on flashing.
  • Those who got their bootloader unlocked may skip this step

1) Apply on unlocking bootloader.

Users could require for unlocking permission in this site: http://en.miui.com/unlock/ . Click on the unlock now shown on the image above to check whether you have the permission to unlock your device. If you are come across the photo below means you are eligible to unlock. Next, proceed and download the unlocking tool.

If you do not have permission to unlock the bootloader yet then the page will redirect you to the application form. Fill in the required details and wait for the approval. The approval SMS will be sent to your phone.

2) Download the latest unlocking tool
Log into the Mi account which has acquired unlocking permission on your device. Make sure it's the same with the account you sent your request.
  • Turn off your device, press the Power button and Volume - button at the same time to enter bootloader mode
  • Log into the unlocking tool on PC with the same Mi account. Connect the device with the PC using USB cable
  • Press 'Unlock'. The unlocking process will complete in about 10 seconds

Step 2: Fastboot
Before you start to flash your device, it's highly recommended for you to make a backup beforehand. Copy the backup file to your PC or sync your data with Mi Cloud

1) Download the latest Mi Flash Tool. Decompress the MIUI ROM flashing tool downloaded and double click on it to install (if there is security warning, select 'Run'). .

2)  Turn off the device. Press the Volume– key and the Power button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode. Then connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable

3) Double click on the downloaded ROM file to decompress it. Open the file folder for the decompressed ROM pack, and copy its path on the computer.

4) Paste the address bar of the ROM file folder path copied in the last step. Click on the first button (circled out in yellow) to Refresh, and MiFlash should automatically recognize the device. Then click the second button (circled out in red) to flash the ROM file to the device.

5) Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, which means the ROM has been successfully installed. Then your device should automatically boot to the new version.

Q&A
1) Why my device is not detected in Mi Flashing Tool?
Please make sure you're in fastboot mode and all the required drivers are installed.

2) Why there's error when i click on flash option in Mi Flashing Tool?
Please make sure the path of the ROM file is correct, if the errors still occur choose flash all or flash all data and storage option

3) How long does it take to get my unlocking bootloader request approved?
The approval is done by the system, normally it takes around 3-10 days and please wait patiently for the SMS.

4) Can i lock back my bootloader after flashing?
Yes, there's script “flash_all_lock” in the ROM pack. Choose the script and flash it then you will lock back your bootloader

For those who are still waiting for the update to be pushed to your device, take some time and read some awesome threads by our MIUI-ers. Don't worry as your devices will be updated to MIUI 8 soon. Keep calm and explore our new MIUI 8, simplify your life right now

Awesome threads you must read !

Favorite130 Share

Rated by 100 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

Barrecheguren + 1 Thanks!
Mutheeb + 1 Thanks!
Skareb89 + 1 Awesome!
robin.fiq + 1 Great!
annamargari + 1 Awesome!
GrinDeeS + 1 Благодаря!
Pewperino + 1 Awesome!
GmaxHD + 1 Awesome!
bct87 + 1 Fantastic!
mi:1658251198 + 1 Awesome!
iabkoo + 1 Great!
danileff + 1 Awesome!
Haowie + 1 Awesome!
r0nansim0n + 1 Great!
IamGuest10 + 1 Awesome!
gralf + 1 Great!
a_sic + 1 Great!
jareq + 1 Thanks!
batsudawa + 1 Awesome!
Simonc1982 + 1 Awesome!
aragone79 + 1 Great!
Kalina_52 + 1 Thanks!
mister69 + 1 Great!
Jheps + 1 Thanks!
GaP12 + 1 Awesome!
ikserdiw + 1 Thanks!
pedroenf + 1 Great!

Experience +233  Prestige +20  View Rating Log

Click [Reply] Below To Notify Me

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.1.1.0.MHOMIDI
Online time
7 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi Power Bank 10000MAH Unlock MedalI Love MIUIAwesome!MarshmallowMIUI 2016Redmi Note 3Mi 4i1700K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppDebate MasterTechnology GuruMi TalentMi Lover MedalMaster Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI Fan

17:56, Sep-07-2016 | From PC
|
This post was edited by yasomal at 18:06, Sep-07-2016

Dear friend,

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with us. And if you can, please help..

I have a Redmi Note 3 and I love it.
Currently my phone has MIUI 8.0 | Stable (8.0.1.0 LHOCNDG).
But I want to totally wipe it and install a FRESH copy of global ROM (V8.0.1.0.LHOMIDG).

1. If I want a FRESH software experience, which method is the best (method 1, 2 or 3)?
2. After flashing to global stable ROM, will I receive OTA updates as normally as I receive now?
3. At "Unlock" page there is a list of "Risks of Unlocking". After flashing, if I lock back my phone, will the phone come to it's original state without any risk mentioned on that list?

Thanking you again,
Yasomal.

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S
MIUI Version
V8.0.3.0.MALMIDG
Online time
15 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!MIUI Forum AppMIUI 6th Anniversary1400K Forum MembersDiwali Puzzle MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMi Story Teller

14:05, Sep-06-2016 | From PC
|
Hello,
i think about to buy a Redmi 3S with "Original China Rom" do i have to unlock the Bootloader to install the "Global stable Rom"? or can i install the rom in recovery mode?

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi Max 64GB
MIUI Version
Online time
102 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 6 LaunchMi VRXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestAnTuTuMIUI 8MIUI 7Redmi Note 2Diwali 300K Forum Members1800K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Forum App1700K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersI Love 2016Rocket to FutureSuper TuesdayMerry ChristmasMIUI 20173500K Forum Members1 Million Forum App Installs90000 Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversarySuper SundayPuzzle MasterSuper ThursdayMIUI Beta TeamYouth PledgeForum Contest LoverTechnology GuruScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyAndroid ElfAndroid GuruDebate MasterMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI Fan

18:44, Jul-11-2016 | Via mobile
|
Why do you ignore the people who use TWRP recovery

Rated by 2 people   Experience Reason  

cubemedve + 1 Agreed!
IceID + 1 Agreed!

Experience +2  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
MIUI Version
Online time
453 Hours
Send PM

2014 ChristmasThanksgiving Day1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Forum App

17:50, Jul-11-2016 | Via mobile
|
how to wipe everything and install MIUI 8?

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4i
MIUI Version
V8.1.5.0.LXIMIDI
Online time
191 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Story TellerMi Bluetooth SpeakerYeelight Bedside LampMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi HomeMi VRMi HeadphonesUnlock MedalMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Band 2Mi VR HeadsetMi  BunnyMi Yi CameraMi BandXiaomi 6 LaunchMi Selfie StickMi Power BankXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowMIUI 2016MIUI 7I Love MIUIFantastic!FlashholicAwesome!MIUI 8Redmi 3Mi TVMIUI 6th Anniversary1300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From VietnamXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI 300 WeeksOlympics MedalFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Fan From MyanmarMIUI Forum AppMIUI Fan from IndiaFan Of MIUI Poland5 Million Forum PostsMIUI Fan from MalaysiaUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Fan From BrazilXiaomi 5th AnniversaryPokemon Master MedalHilal Ramadan Diwali Thanksgiving DayMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI RussiaFan Of MIUI BangladeshMerry Christmas1500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from TurkeyRooster Year of 2017Rocket to Future300K Forum MembersSuper SaturdaySurge S1Happy New Year3 Million Forum App InstallsMi Live MedalI Love 20162100K Forum MembersMIUI World TourMIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy Diwali1400K Forum Members1800K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's Day1900K Forum MembersMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI IndiaI Love Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamWallpaper ExpertRingtone Star Android GuruDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Medals CollectorDebate MasterMi Bunny Game Master Mi TalentMaster Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerMi Story TellerInbox ZeroStar Of TechnologyUpdates LoverAndroid ElfApp StarScroll Of WisdomStar Of IconsYouth PledgeMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerForum Contest LoverHumor MasterTechnology GuruMIUI Wallpaper ContestMi Lover MedalMIUI FB Follower

18:21, Jul-11-2016 | Via mobile
|
Good to hear

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
318 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Electric ScooterXiaomi 6 LaunchMi HomeMi VRMagic CubeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI 7MIUI 2015MIUI 2016Awesome!MIUI 8Redmi Note 3Redmi 2Redmi Note 2Mi 4cXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI 300 Weeks1 Million Forum MembersMerry ChristmasHilal Ramadan Diwali MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 6th AnniversaryOlympics MedalUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Fan From NepalFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI World TourMIUI Forum AppMIUI Happy Medal5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Font LoverRooster Year of 2017Super SundaySuper TuesdaySuper Thursday300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersMIUI 20173 Million Forum MembersRocket to Future10 Million Forum PostsSuper Friday1500K Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMi TalentAndroid GuruDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterInbox ZeroMIUI FollowerMi Lover MedalScroll Of WisdomRingtone Star MIUI ExpertForum Contest LoverMaster Of TechnologyStar Of TechnologyMIUI KingMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Bunny Game Master Star Of IconsTechnology GuruMIUI Medals CollectorAndroid Elf

18:23, Jul-11-2016 | From PC
|
thanks

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4i
MIUI Version
Online time
108 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi HeadphonesUnlock MedalMi BandYeelight Bedside LampMi  BunnyMi Band 2Mi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8MarshmallowMIUI 2016MIUI 2015I Love MIUIFantastic!Awesome!MIUI 7Mi 5Redmi Note 3Redmi 4/Prime/4AMi TV5 Million Forum PostsThanksgiving DayMIUI Fan from Malaysia1300K Forum MembersUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Fan From VietnamMIUI Fan From MyanmarMIUI Fan From SingaporePokemon Master Medal1500K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMi Live MedalMIUI 300 Weeks1400K Forum MembersHappy Diwali90000 Forum MembersSuper ThursdayFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI Fan From NepalMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From BrazilFan Of MIUI IndiaOlympics MedalMiPopGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMi Story TellerAndroid ElfTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalDebate MasterForum Contest LoverMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatDie-hard MIUI FanRingtone Star MIUI FB FollowerYouth PledgeScroll Of WisdomMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of IconsMIUI Follower

18:29, Jul-11-2016 | From PC
|
Awesome....thanks for sharing
Telegram: @michaelliao07
Twitter: @michaelliao07
Current Device: Redmi 4A
Additional Current Device: OnePlus3T, iPhone 6
Previous Devices: OnePlus 3, OnePlus2, Redmi 2 Prime, Mi4i, Mi4, OnePlus One, OnePlusX, iPone 5s, iPhone 4s

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
V8.2.2.0.NAAMIEB
Online time
13 Hours
Send PM

MarshmallowMi 5MIUI Fan From MyanmarDie-hard MIUI Fan

18:43, Jul-11-2016 | From PC
|
thank for sharing

Diamond Member

OwnHero!!

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
MIUI Version
V8.1.4.0.MCCMIDI
Online time
105 Hours
Send PM

Mi  BunnyMi HomeMi Band 2Mi BandUnlock MedalMi Power Bank 10000MAH MarshmallowMIUI 2016MIUI 7I Love MIUIFantastic!Awesome!MIUI 8Mi 4cRedmi Note 3MIUI 6th AnniversarySurge S1UEFA EURO MedalFan Of MIUI IndiaPokemon Master MedalOlympics Medal1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI World TourMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI 20171500K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan from IndiaMi Live MedalMIUI Forum AppMiPopSummer Mi BunnyAndroid GuruHumor MasterAndroid ElfApp TalentForum Contest LoverTechnology GuruMi TalentMIUI FollowerStar Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterMi Lover Medal

18:51, Jul-11-2016 | From PC
|
Nice and BestOnee!!!!!!!

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 2
MIUI Version
V8.0.2.0.LHMCNDG
Online time
169 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesYeelight Bedside LampMi Band 2Mi Power BankMarshmallowMIUI 8Awesome!MIUI 7I Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI 2016Mi 4cRedmi Note 2Fan Of MIUI GreeceHilal Ramadan UEFA EURO MedalXiaomi 6th AnniversaryXiaomi 5th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI India1300K Forum Members5 Million Forum Posts1400K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Singapore1500K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMIUI Fan From NepalMi Live MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From MyanmarOlympics MedalMIUI Fan from MalaysiaPokemon Master MedalMIUI Fan From VietnamI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyAndroid GuruDebate MasterStar Of TechnologyMIUI Medals CollectorMi Bunny Game Master Die-hard MIUI FanRingtone Star Mi Lover MedalAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomMIUI FollowerStar Of IconsTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverMi TalentMIUI FB FollowerWallpaper ExpertMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerYouth PledgeMi Story Teller

19:25, Jul-11-2016 | From PC
|
Thanks for sharing
We are not great when we start, but we must start to be great.

http://en.miui.com/?fromuid=1593918665

MIUI 8 Alpha Team - China

Share to share

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
MIUI Version
Online time
557 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Story TellerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Band 2Mi TV 70Mi MIXMi Selfie StickMi BandMi HomeYeelight Bedside LampMi Power BankMi KeyMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi  BunnyMi WiFi Router MiniMi Yi CameraUnlock MedalXiaomi 6 LaunchXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2016FlashholicI Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI Devices ContestMarshmallowMIUI 8Awesome!MIUI 7Mi 5sRedmi 2Redmi Note 4Redmi ProMi NoteMi 5Redmi Note 2Mi 3Mi 4SRedmi NoteXiaomi Mi 4Redmi Note 3Mi TVRedmi 3Redmi Note 4XRedmi 3SMi Pad 2Mi 4cMi Note ProMi Max Redmi 4XMi MIXOlympics MedalXiaomi 6th AnniversaryXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI India3 Million Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Myanmar3500K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan UEFA EURO Medal1900K Forum Members1300K Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsFan Of MIUI PolandSuper SaturdayFan Of MIUI Greece300K Forum MembersSuper TuesdayMIUI Fan From VietnamMIUI Fan From BrazilMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from IndiaMid-Autumn FestivalHappy New YearMIUI 2017Rooster Year of 2017MIUI Monthly Talk1 Million Forum App InstallsThanksgiving DayI Love 2016Merry ChristmasMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan from Turkey3 Million Forum App InstallsSuper ThursdayWomen's Day MedalSuper Wednesday10 Million Forum PostsRocket to FutureSuper MondayMIUI Lucky FridayHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI BulgariaPuzzle MasterFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Font LoverFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy DiwaliDiwali 1800K Forum MembersMIUI Forum App1500K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersMi Live MedalSuper SundayMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI SpainHappy Holi MedalFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI World Tour2100K Forum Members5 Million Forum App InstallsAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamWallpaper ExpertAndroid GuruMi Story TellerDebate MasterAndroid ElfDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Medals CollectorMi Bunny Game Master MIUI FollowerWallpaper StarMaster Of TechnologyMi TalentJuly 19 MyanmarMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatStar Of TechnologyApp TalentMIUI ExpertUpdates LoverApp TalentMIUI KingApp StarTechnology GuruMIUI Wallpaper ContestYouth PledgeForum Contest LoverMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI FB FollowerMi Lover MedalInbox ZeroMr. DependableStar Of IconsScroll Of WisdomHumor MasterRingtone Star

19:32, Jul-11-2016 | From PC
|
Helpful. Thanks
YOU MAKE MY HEART SMILE
Miui Vietnam
Miui for sky 870
Mi Vietnam

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list