MIUI Beta Team - Global

Credits
Device
Mi Max 128GB
Online time
44 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!MIUI 8MIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Beta TeamTechnology GuruDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Of TechnologyMIUI KingMi Lover Medal

[Feature Request] MIUI does not support exFAT, NTFS, UDF and ext4 file system for micro sdxc.

[ Promote]
15879 45 |
06:41, Jun-25-2016 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
MIUI does not have driver for supporting NTFS, exFAT as well as UDF file system.
That's why USB OTG feature is limited as per following parameters,

• We can not transfer files to USB storage if file size is more than 4GB card is formatted in FAT or FAT32 as per FAT specification. See this linkand find FAT32:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_systems#Limits

• We can not connect portable hard drive to MIUI device because HDD have large capacity and formatted in NTFS, because of NTFS is compatible with Microsoft OS and Microsoft OS is more popular than other!

• There are many MIUIers who have micro SDXC card more than 32GB for huge data as well as file transfer. They must format card in FAT32 forcefully using command prompt because FAT32 file system will be disable in Microsoft formating windows to select.

Recently, MI Max support 128GB additional storage with vFAT file system as per MI website of "mainland china". But i didn't find that where to format card or storage using vFAT file system. In fact, vFAT is legancy file system of FAT which is no longer support  after Windows NT.

Android is based on linux kernel however ext4 file system also not supported.
2016-06-25 03_53_36-can android support exfat - Google Search.png
2016-06-25 03_11_55-Millet Max- parameters - millet phone official website.png
Favorite2 Share

Rated by 9 people   Experience Reason  

GlaneXDA + 1 Thanks!
Mixa555 + 5 Great!
OnlyaUser + 1 Need Files bigger 4GB on SDXC! Bad joke
dree2016 + 2 Thanks!
sdagasidghiash + 2 Agreed!
zmoon@o2.pl + 1 Agreed!
ruilinchai + 1 Thanks!
0tt0man + 1 Great!
dymbox + 1 Great!

Experience +15  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM
01:28, Dec-16-2016 | From PC
|
I agree, the file system support of just FAT32 in MIUI is really outdated in 2016.
Please implement support for more modern file systems.

Credits
Device
Online time
15 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 7MIUI 2017MIUI FB FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanStar Of Technology

17:28, Jun-29-2016 | From PC
|
+1 this specially for ext4 support.

i manage to add exfat and build my own kernel that boot my redmi2prime device, but feel really dissapointed because it seems to me that there are limitation set by developer in MIUI ROM. I hope i'm wrong with this, but if this is the case i really hope that limitation being lifted.

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Credits
Device
Mi Max 128GB
Online time
44 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!MIUI 8MIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Beta TeamTechnology GuruDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Of TechnologyMIUI KingMi Lover Medal

Author| 20:00, Jun-29-2016 | From PC
|
Samsung brand new touchwiz ui support exFAT, write capability of NTFS in samsung a series phones.....

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
05:20, Jul-02-2016 | From PC
|
I've created a bug report for this:
http://en.miui.com/thread-303322-1-1.html
Please confirm it so we can maybe get the attention of developers.
Thank you.

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
09:26, Aug-16-2016 | From PC
|
Wow. Seriously? No exFAT support? I thought MIUI products where forward-looking and advanced. Good to know. I wont buy any MIUI Android products then, where I was about to buy a few.

Credits
Device
Online time
56 Hours
Send PM
09:31, Aug-16-2016 | From PC
|

Dear,

You can use 'stickmount' if your phone is rooted ( available on play store ). It adds NTFS and exFat support to MIUI 8 MiMax. Other format not tested. Like ext4 is supported too.

ES File Explorer seem to support NTFS, and it is user mode. No root needed.

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
00:36, Sep-22-2016 | From PC
|
Hi friends. I am also using a lenovo k4 note and one plus X. Both support exfat file system. I had reported this issue on Mi Max to the Mi customer care months beforee the launch of Miui 8.x. However there was no change sadly. One good thing happend was with the music player equalizer bug got fixed and I am now able to adjust the equalizer settings when listening to music on my headphones. Yet the memory card support for exfat or atleast ntfs would have been highly appreciated. Please release an miui update asap for fixing this. Thanks in advance to the dev team..

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Credits
Device
Mi Max 128GB
Online time
44 Hours
Send PM

Author| 15:58, Dec-16-2016 | From PC
|
So, why are you confirm this thread. If, this thread gets more than 3 confirmation, this will reported to developers.....

Please, confirm this thread...

MIUI Beta Team - China

Credits
Device
Others
Online time
50 Hours
Send PM

Mi 5XHappy New YearMerry ChristmasI Love 20163500K Forum Members500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Quick DiscussionMi 5XAndroid ElfStar WarsMaster Of Technology

13:25, Dec-17-2016 | From PC
|
i have to admit, i have been a long time user of miui but the patchrom phones like sony and htc.
the xiaomi redmi 3s is my first xiaomi phone and my first phone without exfat support. as you would imagine that made my sd transition not so graceful, i had to backup 32gb worth of data and format then transfer it back. And to my surprise i was not able to bring some of my content to my sd like large movies and other files over the 4gb mark. i dont like relying or using the internal storage for sensitive stuff because if the phone crashes or breaks your data is gone. thats why i got the redmi series because its the few of the xiaomi series to still support sd cards. i would love to have exfat support on my redmi 3s.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list