MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM was released on May 10, 2016. Thousands of MIUI fans at home and abroad have been helping us test it and giving us many valuable suggestions and feedback. Thank you very much, Alpha and Beta testers! You rock!
Here comes the great news! MIUI 8 China Developer ROM 6.6.16 is now rolling out! Are you ready to upgrade your phone now?
Xiaomi Mi 2/2S, Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi 4c, Mi 4S, Mi 5, Mi Max, Mi Note, Mi Note Pro
Redmi 1, Redmi 1S, Redmi 2, Redmi 2A, Redmi 2 Prime, Redmi 3, Redmi 3S
Redmi Note 3G, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi Note Prime, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note 3 MTK, Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm
How to Upgrade to MIUI 8
1) If you're using latest MIUI China Developer ROM, you will get MIUI 8 OTA update notifications on your phone. Or you can click 'Updater' app to check for updates. Don't forget to backup data before upgrading.
2) If you're using MIUI China stable ROM or other older versions, please click here for flashing tutorials.
And here are more guides for you!
[Guide] MIUI 8 China Developer ROM - Comprehensive Guide to Flashing!
How to Upgrade MIUI 8 Rom for RM Note 3g [OTA] [China Dev Rom]
1) After upgrading to MIUI 6.6.16, there willl be no more update for Mi Max Alpha ROM. Please manually download MIUI Developer ROM and flash via Recovery.
2) Due to the limitation of hardware platform, devices running MIUI 8 based on Android 4.4 (Redmi 1, Redmi 1S, Redmi 2, Redmi 2A, Redmi Note 3G, Redmi Note 4G) don't support 'Second space' and 'Cloned apps' for now.
Recommendation Rate: 94.49% (FYI)
We made a poll about this week's update. Super Moderators/Moderators/Intern Moderators/MIUI Alpha & Beta Team Members/MIUI Porting Team Members/MIUI Resources Team Members/MIUI News Team Members/MIUI Fan Site Members/ MIUI Designer Team Members/ MIUI Device Team/ MIUI Photography Team Members who get daily update voted and strongly recommended you to flash this update.See more details.
exodius48 from MIUI Device Team said,
Absolutely yes. Finally MIUI 8 released for public, there are many improvements & new feature inside. You must try it.
MIUI 8 China Developer ROM 6.6.16 Full Changelog
There are over a thousand optimizations in MIUI 8, please allow me to introduce some new features for you!
- Brand new design
- Second space
- Support for cloning most apps
- Long screenshots
- New Calculator
- New scanner
- Shortcut menu
- Mi Lanting font
- Support for speech-to-text output in Recorder
- Special effects for video editing
- New templates for Notes
- Redesigned Task Manager
- Redesigned Gallery
- Smart menu for editing text
- Wallpaper Carousel
- All-new Battery saver
- Recognition for fraudulent messages
Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
Optimization - Can't unlock Second space with Mi Band (06-14)
Fix - Couldn't see percentage progress of the system updates (06-14)
New - New power saving algorithm for automatic updates (06-14)
Fix - Problems with "Install" button in Downloads (06-14)
New - New design (06-15)
New - Customizable Beautify (06-15)
New - Support for Traditional Chinese and English (06-15)
Optimization - 16 new animations (06-15)
Optimization - Minor adjustments and improvements (06-15)
Fix - Mi Drop could not find the receiver after GPS was closed (06-07)
Here are some screenshots for you!
Note: All the features and screenshots above are for MIUI 8 China ROM. We will keep you updated about new features and release dates of MIUI 8 Global ROM in the forum. Please stay tuned!
[MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM Review] Insights Of The Future's Depth
[MIUI8 Review] An Overview of MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM for Xiaomi Mi 4
A Quick Comparison of MIUI 8 & MIUI 7: Which Version Do You Prefer? Why?
[MIUI8] A Detailed Analysis On What is New in MIUI 8 China ROM
Second space - Dual-Device Mode - Unique MIUI 8 feature explained!
[MIUI 8] Cloned Apps! Run 2 Instances At Once!
All About MIUI 8 Features [Vol-l]: Introducing Phone, Contacts and Dialer
Top Ten Features Pioneered and Contributed by MIUI to the Mobile World
All New MIUI 8 Battery Saver Feature: User-Friendly, Fast, Smart
A Review of MIUI 8 China Developer ROM on Redmi 1S
Rated by 143 people
View Rating Log