[MIUI 8] Cloned Apps! Run 2 Instances At Once!
Hey All Forum Users and MIUI Fanatics!
We know that the alpha test stage on the China ROM for MIUI 8 has been carried out and some Devices have received the initial beta updates for the much awaited update to the MIUI 8.
MIUI as we all have seen during the launches and sneakpeeks is full of new features new UI and much more!.
This thread will introduce you to a very special feature that will blow ur mind and increase your productivity many folds!
The feature I will tell you about is Cloned Apps!
As the name suggests, Cloned apps will basically duplicate the selected app and make a completely independent copy of the app with its own set of Data and Settings!
Super Cool isn't it?
So lets look at the feature!
How to use the Cloned Apps :
- Chose the App you want to Clone...
Well for an instance here I took Whatsapp since nowadays people have 2 phones and would like to use both the numbers for WhatsApp,
and whatsapp only works as one on one device.
This problem ends here
As you can see the screenshot I enabled the button next to Whatsapp and got a msg "Icon added to homescreen"
Lets go check the Home screen
- As you can see in the screenshots below I have 2 whatsapp icons, one has a yellow tag to it which indicates that its the cloned app
Now lets go see if the cloned one behaves separately
- The screenshot below is the one for the primary Whatsapp where you can see my account is logged in
- And now as you can see when I open the Second Whatsapp I get the Screen as if it were a newly installed Whatsapp
Now lets see how to uninstall the cloned apps.
- Goto Settings > Cloned Apps
- Turn off the App using the button next to the App
You will get a screen as follow
You will get a message as follows
You are now ready to Make 2 Instances of Apps and use them As you please!
I've Attaced a small video to show the whole process!
Hope you've enjoyed reading and Now are ready to use the Cloned Apps!
Adios till Next time we meet!..
Enjoying MIUIing and Keep Tinkering