We all know that xiaomi always bring unique features when every time they release new updates! So this time also xiaomi kept the faith of MI fans and introduced a new unique feature which is not available in any other android platform - "Second space". We all aware that we can make multiple desktop accounts with Windows Operating System, where we will keep one account for Office, one for Home, then may be for Gaming (In my case). Similarly now you can create a second space in MIUI with different apps, photos and files and every settings will be different i.e just like a different phone!! Amazed? Let me explain it in detail for all,
We all are using our phone in "Main space" as default and all apps, photos, music and other miscellaneous files will be stored in our Main space. What if we have another space which is like a fresh space without any apps, photos, music and miscellaneous files which is present in the Main space, that is, you are having a second space and it is fresh as a new phone!! Still have doubt? I know, that is why I am including images for more clarity of this feature!!
How to Initiate Second space?
- Open Settings --> Second Space
- Under Second space, press "Turn on Second space".
- Now you will be in Second Screen like the image below.
How to set up your Second space?
How to Switch back to First space?
- Open "Manage" and follow as per the image below.
- Once you set the password, Now you can press "Next" and Import your apps, photos and files, follow the images for importing your files!
- Now you are all set to use your secret "Second space".
- For instance, if you want to change the settings, you can open "Manage" and you will have all this options as shown in the image below.
- If you want move any other data in the future, you open "Move Data" from the homescreen and move any data from first space to second space.
- Under Move data, you will have "App settings", in which you can choose which apps should be shown in "First space" or in "Second space or in "Both space". You can check the below image and see I have set one app for "First space", another for "Second space" and one in "Both spaces".
There are two ways for switching your "spaces"
You can press the "Switch" icon in the homescreen to switch to "First space" or "Second space".
- Second space to First space
- First space to Second space
- Simply Lock your phone.
- Unlock the lockscreen with passcode/pattern of desired "space" you want to switch.
I prefer the second method to be the easiest to switch between the spaces!!
How to delete the Second space?
Yes!! If you want to delete your second space, you can very easily delete your "Second space" without much effort.
- If you want to enter into "First space", use first space's passcode/pattern.
- Use "second space" passcode/pattern to enter into "Second space".
How efficiently you can use "Second space"?
- Open "Manage", and scroll down to see the "delete" option and press delete.
- You will get a prompt and select "Continue".
- Now you will find a screen as given in the below image where you can select the files you want to move to "First space".
Now you successfully deleted your secret "Second space"!!
The answer to this question is actually user specific, but I can give you a general idea on how effectively this works. Assume you are using a similar feature like "child mode" or "guest mode", you have to allow some apps to work on these modes and the user will be knowing that you are restricting him from further use. But if you see this in "Second space", you are making a secret space for you instead and this will be unknown to all, and you can give access to your friends to the "First space", which is the main space and they won't feel that they are restricted. Another important point of "Second space" is that you can create a space with some specific apps, may be for work or studies and by that you are creating a second user profile for you.
I hope you all got some idea regarding the new unique feature of xiaomi "Second space" and, start creating your own secret space!!
Credits: MIUI 8 Developers, you guys really rock!!
Thanks and Regards,
Rated by 177 people
View Rating Log