Happy to Help!!

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
708 Hours
Send PM

Yeelight Bedside LampMi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMi  BunnyMIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI 6Fantastic!Awesome!MIUI 8Xiaomi Mi 4Mi 3Mi TVRedmiRedmi Note 3Mi 4cPokemon Master MedalMIUI Fan from MalaysiaDiwali MIUI 300 WeeksHappy Diwali1400K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th Anniversary2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan From PhilippinesUEFA EURO Medal1500K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamStar Of IconsMIUI FB FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverAndroid GuruPioneer of MIUI English Forum Inbox ZeroForum Contest LoverDebate MasterRedmi Quiz MasterMi Lover MedalScroll Of WisdomYouth PledgeMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FollowerMIUI Device ExpertTechnology GuruMi TalentMIUI Global Forum 2014

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] [DEVICE TEAM] Second space - Dual-Device Mode - Unique MIUI 8 feature explained!

[ Promote]
134231 698 |
03:30, Jun-15-2016 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
5.jpg
Hello MIUI-er's,
       We all know that xiaomi always bring unique features when every time they release new updates! So this time also xiaomi kept the faith of MI fans and introduced a new unique feature which is not available in any other android platform - "Second space". We all aware that we can make multiple desktop accounts with Windows Operating System, where we will keep one account for Office, one for Home, then may be for Gaming (In my case). Similarly now you can create a second space in MIUI with different apps, photos and files and every settings will be different i.e just like a different phone!! Amazed? Let me explain it in detail for all,
       We all are using our phone in "Main space" as default and all apps, photos, music and other miscellaneous files will be stored in our Main space. What if we have another space which is like a fresh space without any apps, photos, music and miscellaneous files which is present in the Main space, that is, you are having a second space and it is fresh as a new phone!! Still have doubt? I know, that is why I am including images for more clarity of this feature!!

How to Initiate Second space?
  • Open Settings --> Second Space
  • Under Second space, press "Turn on Second space".

1_2.jpg

• Now you will be in Second Screen like the image below.

rough.png

How to set up your Second space?

• Open "Manage" and follow as per the image below.

3_4_5.jpg

6_7_8.jpg

• Once you set the password, Now you can press "Next" and Import your apps, photos and files, follow the images for importing your files!

9_10_11.jpg

• Now you are all set to use your secret "Second space".

12.png

• For instance, if you want to change the settings, you can open "Manage" and you will have all this options as shown in the image below.

13.png
  • If you want move any other data in the future, you open "Move Data" from the homescreen and move any data from first space to second space.

13_14.jpg

• Under Move data, you will have "App settings", in which you can choose which apps should be shown in "First space" or in "Second space or in "Both space". You can check the below image and see I have set one app for "First space", another for "Second space" and one in "Both spaces".

15_16_17.jpg

How to Switch back to First space?
There are two ways for switching your "spaces"
Method 1

You can press the "Switch" icon in the homescreen to switch to "First space" or "Second space".
  • Second space to First space

17_18.jpg

• First space to Second space

20_21.jpg

Method 2

• Simply Lock your phone.
  • Unlock the lockscreen with passcode/pattern of desired "space" you want to switch.
  • If you want to enter into "First space", use first space's passcode/pattern.
  • Use "second space" passcode/pattern to enter into "Second space".

I prefer the second method to be the easiest to switch between the spaces!!

How to delete the Second space?
Yes!! If you want to delete your second space, you can very easily delete your "Second space" without much effort.
  • Open "Manage", and scroll down to see the "delete" option and press delete.
  • You will get a prompt and select "Continue".

22_23.jpg

• Now you will find a screen as given in the below image where you can select the files you want to move to "First space".

24_25.jpg

• Now you successfully deleted your secret "Second space"!!

How efficiently you can use "Second space"?
                               The answer to this question is actually user specific, but I can give you a general idea on how effectively this works. Assume you are using a similar feature like "child mode" or "guest mode", you have to allow some apps to work on these modes and the user will be knowing that you are restricting him from further use. But if you see this in  "Second space", you are making a secret space for you instead and this will be unknown to all, and you can give access to your friends to the "First space", which is the main space and they won't feel that they are restricted. Another important point of "Second space" is that you can create a space with some specific apps, may be for work or studies and by that you are creating a second user profile for you.

I hope you all got some idea regarding the new unique feature of xiaomi "Second space" and, start creating your own secret space!!

Credits: MIUI 8 Developers, you guys really rock!!

Thanks and Regards,
Raaj
Favorite72 Share

Rated by 183 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

serdargan + 1 <font><font>Потрясающие!<
vhiz + 5 Awesome!
delonsaja + 1 Awesome!
1691208651 + 1 Thanks!
Ergo581 + 1 Thanks!
Locutus709 + 1 Thanks!
Bronicz1953 + 1 Great!
ERRORCEK + 1 Thanks!
Syed's + 1 Shandar
Jane_rus_rf + 1 <font><font>Большой!</fon
MrIgSit + 1 Fantastic!
Haowie + 1 Great!
acemimerakli + 1 Thanks!
rgrapes + 1 Great!
b01m + 1 Fantastic!
vcoders + 1 Fantastic!
acanth + 1 Fantastic!
dengue.c1b8 + 1 Great!
1630632909 + 1 Fantastic!
well-zone + 2 Fantastic!
binbinio + 2 Great!
MI-ginner + 1 Awesome!
HarisPR + 5 Thanks!
BPrasad + 1 Great!
zorin_oskol@mai + 1 Thanks!
Amit23 + 1 Great!
amit8278 + 1 Great!

Experience +513  Prestige +43  View Rating Log

Elite Member

Happy to Help!!

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
708 Hours
Send PM

Yeelight Bedside LampMi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMi  BunnyMIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI 6Fantastic!Awesome!MIUI 8Xiaomi Mi 4Mi 3Mi TVRedmiRedmi Note 3Mi 4cPokemon Master MedalMIUI Fan from MalaysiaDiwali MIUI 300 WeeksHappy Diwali1400K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th Anniversary2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan From PhilippinesUEFA EURO Medal1500K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamStar Of IconsMIUI FB FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverAndroid GuruPioneer of MIUI English Forum Inbox ZeroForum Contest LoverDebate MasterRedmi Quiz MasterMi Lover MedalScroll Of WisdomYouth PledgeMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FollowerMIUI Device ExpertTechnology GuruMi TalentMIUI Global Forum 2014

Author| 12:25, Jun-15-2016 | From PC
|
noisebridge replied at 2016-6-15 09:44
I think it's a very useful feature and I have a question, how does notifications management works?

You can allow first space notification in second space options are available in "Manage" option!

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

noisebridge + 2 Thanks!

Experience +2  View Rating Log

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
69 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth SpeakerAwesome!Mi TV1400K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayXiaomi 6th AnniversaryDie-hard MIUI FanDebate Master

04:54, Jun-15-2016 | From PC
|
Thank you! Very nice thread!
I am wondering though about the memory usage.How does it apply/ For example in my 2nd Space will I have the same remaining free space as I used to in 1st space? e.g. 11.7 GB free storage

Elite Member

Happy to Help!!

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
708 Hours
Send PM

Author| 05:01, Jun-15-2016 | From PC
|
Asteras replied at 2016-6-15 02:24
Thank you! Very nice thread!
I am wondering though about the memory usage.How does it apply/ For exa ...

Yes!! It is like cloning an app!! it may take a bit of space but still the feature is very nice!! Kudos to developers.

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4
MIUI Version
Online time
751 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi WiFi Router MiniMijia Story TellerMi  BunnyMi VR HeadsetMi HomeMi BandFlashholicFantastic!MIUI 2016MIUI 7Awesome!MIUI 8MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIRedmi Note 2Mi PadRedmi NoteMi 4c3 Million Forum App InstallsRooster Year of 20175 Million Forum Posts1300K Forum Members700K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 4th AnniversaryXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMerry Christmas900K Forum MembersThanksgiving Day1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 5th AnniversaryHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from MalaysiaMalaysia AnniversaryMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Forum App1400K Forum Members1500K Forum Members1700K Forum Members1900K Forum MembersPokemon Master Medal2014 ChristmasI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI IndiaUEFA EURO MedalFan Of MIUI Greece2100K Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayMIUI 2017I Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMi TalentMr. DependableInbox ZeroMIUI Honorary ModeratorTechnology GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMaster Of TechnologyAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomMi Lover MedalSuper ModeratorYouth PledgeMIUI Medals CollectorOTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerForum Contest LoverAndroid GuruDie-hard MIUI FanPioneer of MIUI English Forum Mi Bunny Game Master Ringtone TalentUpdates LoverMIUI FB FollowerHumor Master

07:24, Jun-15-2016 | From PC
|
2 different spaces in 1 device, which means you can hide more secrets?? haha...
Anyway, this is a great feature for all especially when there are things that you wish to keep it for yourself for example, your working materials and so on.

Elite Member

Happy to Help!!

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
708 Hours
Send PM

Author| 07:39, Jun-15-2016 | From PC
|
cloudmah90 replied at 2016-6-15 04:54
2 different spaces in 1 device, which means you can hide more secrets?? haha...
Anyway, this is a gr ...

Yes, it work both ways!! If you want to hide something you can use this or if you want to make a work space that also possible! This is a pretty nice feature and works flawlessly

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.0.6.0.LHOMIDG
Online time
359 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi HeadphonesMi Band 2Fantastic!5 Million Forum Posts1300K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersAndroid Elf

08:53, Jun-15-2016 | From PC
|
Thanks for sharing.

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
447 Hours
Send PM

Mi Water PurifierMi VR HeadsetMi BandMi Selfie StickMagic CubeMi Yi CameraMi  BunnyMi In-Ear HeadphonesUnlock MedalMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Band 2Mi HomeMi WiFi Router MiniMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi HeadphonesMi TV 70Mijia VR Play 2Xiaomi 6 LaunchMijia Electric ScooterXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 7Awesome!MIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestMarshmallowFantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 8Mi TVMi 4cRedmi Note 31800K Forum MembersMi Live MedalDiwali UEFA EURO MedalHappy Diwali1500K Forum Members1700K Forum MembersMIUI Forum App1400K Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalMalaysia AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporePokemon Master MedalMIUI Fan From VietnamMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 9MIUI Fan From MyanmarFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan from IndiaOlympics MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From BrazilFan Of MIUI GreeceMid-Autumn Festival5 Million Forum PostsMIUI 2017Super MondaySuper SundayMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Drawing Talent1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from TurkeySuper FridaySuper Saturday3 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdayHappy Holi Medal10 Million Forum PostsSurge S1Women's Day MedalSuper WednesdayRooster Year of 2017Rocket to FutureFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI Weekly Poll1300K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan Xiaomi 6th Anniversary1900K Forum Members5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper TuesdayMIUI Marathon MedalFan Of MIUI RussiaThanksgiving DayMerry ChristmasI Love 20162100K Forum Members90000 Forum MembersMIUI World TourGamer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMost Popular Forum UserTechnology GuruMIUI KingApp StarApp TalentScroll Of WisdomDie-hard MIUI FanForum Contest LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterDebate MasterMi TalentRedmi Quiz MasterMi Lover MedalYouth PledgeMi Story TellerAndroid ElfMIUI FB FollowerMIUI FollowerJuly 19 MyanmarMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of TechnologyIndia Independence DayMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatRingtone Star Star Of IconsAndroid Guru

10:10, Jun-15-2016 | From PC
|
thanks and good work

Please give REPLY, So I can notice.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5 Pro
MIUI Version
Online time
214 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMi HomeXiaomi 6 LaunchMi VRYeelight Bedside LampMagic CubeUnlock MedalMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Band 2Mi MIXMi VR HeadsetMijia Qi CycleXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!MIUI 8Awesome!I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestAnTuTuMIUI 2016MarshmallowRedmi Note 2Mi 5Mi 5 ProMi NoteRedmi 3Xiaomi Mi 4MIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy Diwali3500K Forum Members5 Million Forum Posts100k Forum Members1900K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan Xiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI World Tour1300K Forum MembersDiwali Fan Of MIUI Bangladesh1400K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersMid-Autumn Festival1700K Forum MembersPuzzle MasterUEFA EURO MedalOlympics Medal1800K Forum Members90000 Forum MembersMIUI 300 Weeks300K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From VietnamMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Forum AppRooster Year of 2017Women's Day MedalSuper WednesdaySuper Monday3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsSurge S1MIUI 2017Happy New YearRocket to FutureMIUI Weekly PollSuper SaturdayPokemon Master MedalSuper FridayI Love 20161 Million Forum App InstallsThanksgiving DaySuper TuesdayMIUI 9MIUI Happy MedalI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI KingMIUI ExpertMi Lover MedalScroll Of WisdomPioneer of MIUI English Forum Most Active MIUIerTechnology GuruUpdates LoverForum Contest LoverMi Bunny Game Master App TalentMi Story TellerStar Of TechnologyMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorAndroid GuruDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerMaster Of TechnologyApp TalentRingtone Star Inbox ZeroMIUI FollowerMi TalentAndroid Elf

10:22, Jun-15-2016 | Via mobile
|
thank you

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
26 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth SpeakerUnlock MedalNinebot MiniXiaomi 6 LaunchMi  BunnyMagic CubeMi Band 2Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!MIUI 8Fantastic!MIUI 7I Love MIUI4 Million Forum MembersMi 4cSuper MondayRocket to Future1400K Forum MembersOlympics MedalPokemon Master MedalMIUI Forum AppMIUI Fan From VietnamMid-Autumn Festival1500K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupHilal Ramadan MIUI 9500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million Users90000 Forum MembersMIUI Font LoverSuper WednesdayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaUEFA EURO MedalPuzzle MasterMIUI Fan From SingaporeSummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Beta TeamMi Lover MedalTechnology GuruMIUI FB FollowerYouth PledgeApp TalentPioneer of MIUI English Forum Scroll Of WisdomTheme TalentMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat25 Million StrongUpdates LoverForum Contest LoverDie-hard MIUI FanMi Story TellerDebate MasterAndroid GuruStar Of TechnologyMIUI Follower

10:28, Jun-15-2016 | From PC
|
Thanks for sharing

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
MIUI Version
Online time
307 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Electric ScooterMi Selfie StickXiaomi 6 LaunchMi KeyMi WiFi RouterMijia Story TellerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi VR HeadsetMi HomeMi Power BankMi VRMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi MIXMagic CubeMi BoxXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 7Awesome!MIUI 2016MIUI 8I Love MIUIMIUI 6Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2015FlashholicMi 3Mi TVMi 4iRedmi Note 34 Million Forum MembersFan Of  MIUI Azerbaijan2014 ChristmasSuper SundayHappy Holi MedalHappy Valentine's DayHilal Ramadan 600K Forum Members500K Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan from TurkeyFan Of MIUI UkraineMIUI Halloween1st AnniversaryMIUI World Tour300K Forum MembersAtaturk MourningHappy Singles' DayMIUI Fan From NepalThanksgiving Day3500K Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalRocket to FutureMIUI 100 Million Users10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu I Love 2016MIUI 2017Rooster Year of 2017MIUI Philippines Fan MeetupSingapore Merlion MedalSurge S1MIUI Forum AppXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Indonesia3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Singapore800K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from India700K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalSuper ThursdayMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMIUI Beta TeamPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Of IconsHumor MasterAndroid GuruMost Active MIUIerDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Global Forum 2014Mi Bunny Game Master Mi TalentMIUI G+ FollowerDebate MasterTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalMaster Of TechnologyStar Of TechnologyMi Story TellerMIUI ExpertAndroid ElfInbox ZeroMIUI KingYouth PledgeMIUI FollowerOTA FeedbackScroll Of WisdomMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverUpdates Lover

10:38, Jun-15-2016 | From PC
|
Does exporting photos and apps and the likes in second space will consume remaining available memory from internal storage?

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list