Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5 Pro
MIUI Version
Online time
532 Hours
Send PM

Mi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi BandMi 5 ProHilal Ramadan MIUI Forum AppMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan from Turkey3 Million Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017MIUI FB FollowerAndroid ElfDie-hard MIUI Fan

[Interview] MIUI Interview with Meredithhan..

[ Promote]
11099 101 |
22:43, Jul-21-2014 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
I really didnt expect this interview going to be happen when i requested it from Meredithhan who is one of admins in our  forum, she could be busy or not have time to spare for a non important person like me, but she showed friendly face to me in first sight. I would like to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH to her to giving answers honestly. Lets Start!

Meredith Han   
Hi, here're my answers to the questions.

Q) What’s the meaning of your name? How old are you? What’s your hometown?

A) You mean my English name Meredith, right? It originally means the god protecting the sea. For the meaning as a name, it represents tall, smart, and independent woman, but for now I’m only tall.
Shhh… my age is a secret...
My hometown is Hengshui City, Hebei Province.

Q) What do you like to do when you've free time? Do you have any hobbies?

A) In my free time, I like to read, watch some English TV, and do some light exercise.

Q) What kind of music do you prefer to listen? What’s your favourite movies?  Do you play any video games in your pc?

A) I prefer popular and rock music.
Hmmm… I’m not a big fan of movies, can’t really name a favorite one.
No, unfortunately I don’t play video games.

Q) If you wouldnt live in China , what country would be your choice to live? and why?

A) This is a good question. I think I would want to live in America.  Because it has mixed cultures and there’re many ways to live. I can choose to live simply if I want to, and there’re also many opportunities if I want an exciting life.

Q) Do you have any work experience in this kind of business area before Xiaomi? If you had, what was your job in there?

A) I didn’t have similar work experience before, Xiaomi is my first love.

Q) How did you meet with Xiaomi? How was your first impression about company when you got the job?

A)  I knew Xiaomi long before I worked here. I heard its produces great phones with unbelievable prices, and I actually bought Mi1 myself. I sent my resume when I was job hunting and found Xiaomi was recruiting.
My first impression about the company is that it’s a young and energetic team. The employees are relatively young, but they are very professional, and have so much passion about their job.

Q) What is your exact position in this current job? Can you explain your responsibilities of your position?

A) I’m in the team of international operation. Our main platform is the MIUI English Forum as you all know. We help MIUI to reach more regions and more people. We also try our best to help all international users of MIUI in any ways we can.
I’m responsible for managing MIUI General/Bugs/Beta Team/Porting Team sub-forums in the forum, and manage some special teams.

Q) Every job has unique struggles that you may face, it may rise in especially multi national assosications like en.miui ,can you tell us your ones about this job?        You've any strange, weird or awkwardly funny requests that you faced ?

A) For me, the biggest struggle is that I can’t fulfill all the needs of you guys. There’re limitations to my position and my ability. I always feel bad when I can’t help you guys 100%
I haven’t really had any strange requests. But one funny thing is that, many users send me PMs or reply to my posts calling me Sir, and I’ll tell them I’m actually a ‘Madame’, they almost always respond like scared. I kind of like ‘scaring’ you guys like this. :XD

Q) How many employee do you work together actively in en.miui forum?

A) I have 4 colleagues in the same team. We’re the 5 admins of the forum.

Q) Whats the influence of en.miui forum users about company? Chinese forum users can make more influence with their feedbacks, poll results or comments than english  speaking forum users? I mean hows the company response against forum feedbacks?

A) Xiaomi always pays a lot attention to users feedbacks. Basically all Xiaomi employees, including leaders and devs, come to the forums and read users’ threads.
Most of our colleagues are Chinese, so there’s language barrier for them to come to the MIUI English Forum, but us admins always pass along you guys’ thoughts and opinions. So don’t hesitate to post your feedbacks in the forum.

Q) What changes can we see about miui roms in future? Are they keeping miui roms up for other mobile companies and models as well?

A)  Well, one thing for sure is MIUI will become better and better. :D
Yes, we have over 200 ported ROMs for non-Xiaomi devices now.

Q) İn the light of rising number of xiaomi device models, the company might have any struggle to support updates for older xiaomi models or will they keep updated? For example, model of Mi2 will get update of V6 or not? (it's one of the most common question)
A) I don’t have this information yet. Guess we’ll all have to wait and see. We’ll surely post any news concerning this in the forum as soon as we get them. Please stay tuned.
Q) How far have you informed about production stage of devices? When a new model come up, is the company keeping produce old models like MI3S or MI4?
A) I think I’ll need to copy & paste the answer of the last question. :PPlease stay tuned for latest news.

Q) Is forum polls a factor that Xiaomi consider while they are planning market strategy to expand new countries? (there's a poll that you created about expanding new     countries http://en.miui.com/thread-19712-1-1.html  Xiaomi's expanding countries already known step by step or it happens randomly? What can you tell about expanding strategy of xiaomi?
A) Actually, that poll is made after the expanding list was made. It’s to see how many users here are from the countries in the list.One thing for sure is, the expanding strategy is made based on lots of market research, many experts’ years of experience and nights and nights of meetings. It certainly is not random. And we all hope to meet you guys in Turkey soon.

Q) When i request an interview from you, you had only one wish from us, yes as you already guess i'm talking about portait :) So i'm asking myself how brave i can be about this, is there anything we can do to break this rule due to your highness? :)s? :)
A) You’re welcome to come to Xiaomi and take a picture of me. I promise I won’t hide. :p

For last question , i want to say simply i would dying to see Xiaomi’s head office And you know Meredithhan also you are always welcome to come Turkey!!!  Shhht grab some devices as well !! :P
<<
Favorite5 Share

Comment

Dzolhisham Sweet Miss Meredith...where is your latest picture? Have any?  12:45, Jul-26-2014

Rated by 42 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

Lixar22 + 1 Awesome!
moechsyn + 1 Fantastic!
586546662 + 1 Awesome!
Kifayat + 5 Awesome!
srspinto + 5 Great!
AdityABhandari + 5 best interview I read
Wavezz + 2 Awesome!
ussmrg + 3 Fantastic!
Kaysince1991 + 5 Awesome!
talha1903 + 1 Thanks!
_Freakazoid_ + 4 Fantastic!
Sh0w_TiM3 + 1 Great!
hansel0517 + 5 Great!
myslee + 1 Awesome!
muharrem + 1 Thanks! Very nice casibao.
soularis + 1 Thanks!
Roussinov + 10 + 3 Awesome!
dddineshd + 1 Awesome!
PauTxi + 1 Awesome!
Denio7 + 2 Excellent interview!
grga07 + 5 Awesome!
kenshin9880 + 1 Fantastic!
AndroidFuchs + 10 Great!
sianman + 10 Awesome!
xP4th + 1 Awesome!
Drew63 + 1 Awesome!
kennyanthony8 + 2 Awesome!

Experience +149  Prestige +3  View Rating Log

Supreme Member

500 Km on Ninebot

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
2887 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi Portable WiFiMi BoxMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankMi Power Bank 10000MAH Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIAwesome!FlashholicMIUI 2015Fantastic!MIUI 6MIUI 8RedmiMi TVRedmi 1SRedmi NoteMi 3Mi 5Xiaomi Mi 4300K Forum Members1700K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From Indonesia100k Forum MembersMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI English Forum 2013MIUI V5 ReviewFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMi Live MedalFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 1st AnniversaryMIUI HalloweenFan Of MIUI BangladeshFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from TurkeySingapore BirthdayHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 100 Million UsersOlympics MedalPokemon Master MedalDiwali Happy DiwaliMid-Autumn FestivalHilal Ramadan Thanksgiving DayHappy Singles' DayAtaturk MourningMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Device TeamMIUI Porting TeamMost Active MIUIerAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerInbox ZeroYouth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanOTA FeedbackMIUI Global Forum 2014Most Productive Porting DeveloperRedmi Note 3 ExplorerMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfSuper MIUI ThemeMost Popular Porting DeveloperRingtone Star Pioneer of MIUI English Forum Technology GuruMaster Of TechnologyStar Of IconsMIUI ExpertListed in Official Download PageMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerRecognized MIUI Porting DevHumor MasterMIUI Community VIPUpdates Lover

21:38, Jul-25-2014 | From PC
|
No photo No Maja :(

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

Doraha_Raman + 4 Agreed!

Experience +4  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 2
MIUI Version
Online time
549 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 7Awesome!MIUI 2015Fantastic!MIUI 2016I Love MIUIMi 2MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from Malaysia1 Million Forum MembersMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 5th AnniversaryThanksgiving DayMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI India700K Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million Users300K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyAndroid GuruPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI G+ FollowerMIUI FollowerMIUI Medals Collector

00:35, Jul-22-2014 | From PC
|
Nice! Like everyone, I never knew @meredithhan was a "she" :-)  

MIUI Fan Site

Credits
Device
Mi Note 2
MIUI Version
V8.2.6.0.MADMIDL
Online time
446 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 6I Love MIUIMIUI 2016Awesome!MIUI 2015Fantastic!Xiaomi Mi 4MIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Halloween1st Anniversary300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan from Turkey500K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersAtaturk MourningI Love 2016Merry ChristmasThanksgiving DayFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 5th AnniversaryFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanI Love Mi BunnyMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of IconsHumor MasterMIUI Expert

00:58, Jul-22-2014 | From PC
|
Fantastic! It is really very nice to know Meredthhan better. Thank you

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
V7.1.20.0.LHOCNCL
Online time
1154 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi KeyMi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BoxMi WiFi RouterFlashholicI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 6MIUI 2015Fantastic!Mi 1Mi 3Mi PadMi 2Redmi 1SMi TVRedmi NoteXiaomi 5th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI IndiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 1st AnniversaryHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 4th Anniversary500K Forum MembersMIUI V5 ReviewFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 50 Million Users300K Forum MembersAtaturk MourningMIUI Fan from TurkeyHappy Singles' DayMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanThanksgiving DayMIUI HalloweenMIUI Fan from MalaysiaDiwali Singapore BirthdayMIUI Fan From PhilippinesHappy Diwali2014 ChristmasGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamMIUI FollowerOTA FeedbackStar Of IconsMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatInbox ZeroRedmi Quiz MasterForum Contest LoverAndroid ElfMIUI Global Forum 2014Youth PledgeUpdates LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android GuruHumor MasterMost Active MIUIerRingtone MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Medals Collector

01:10, Jul-22-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Comwil at 01:11, Jul-22-2014

All the while I though Meredithan was an Indian , Coz it sounds like those ancient Gods or Godess  in India ,
And I had little bit scare of her! she looks serious, and I'm not use to that. No hard feelings , Just a comment!

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi Note 2
MIUI Version
V8.2.5.0.MADMIDL
Online time
239 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi Router MiniMi BandMi WiFiMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Yi CameraMi Band 2Mi Power StripUnlock MedalMi Power BankMi  BunnyMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi BoxMi Portable WiFiMi KeyMi HomeXiaomi 6 LaunchMi HeadphonesMi VRXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!FlashholicMarshmallowMIUI 7MIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIMIUI 2015Awesome!MIUI 8Mi Pad 2Redmi 2Mi 4cXiaomi Mi 4Mi PadMi TVMi Note 22014 ChristmasMIUI 50 Million UsersXiaomi 6th Anniversary1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan from TurkeyAtaturk Mourning5 Million Forum PostsHappy Singles' Day300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaFan Of  MIUI Azerbaijan1300K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 5th Anniversary700K Forum Members500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersHilal Ramadan Merry ChristmasHappy Valentine's DayThanksgiving Day1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 6th Anniversary1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017Happy New Year3 Million Forum App InstallsFan Of MIUI BangladeshI Love 2016100k Forum Members2100K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalMIUI Lucky FridayPuzzle MasterMIUI 3rd AnniversarySuper Tuesday3500K Forum Members5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 20 Million Users10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum Members90000 Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI Forum App1500K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersMid-Autumn FestivalFan Of MIUI UKUEFA EURO MedalMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI English Forum 20131700K Forum Members1800K Forum Members1900K Forum MembersMIUI World TourDiwali Alpaca Mi Bunny MiPopI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI ExpertMIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatPioneer of MIUI English Forum Mi Bunny Game Master Star Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalDebate MasterUpdates LoverApp TalentMi Story TellerRingtone Star Scroll Of WisdomMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMIUI KingYouth PledgeStar Of IconsForum Contest LoverMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FB FollowerTechnology GuruMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI G+ FollowerInbox ZeroAndroid ElfMi Talent

01:34, Jul-22-2014 | From PC
|
Thank you. Fantastic.Casibao, you go to Xiaomi and please take photo. And now I wonder. Will she see us too? :)
MiNote2 4/64GB Black / Mi5 Prime 64GB Black / RN3Pro 3GB/32GB / Mi4LTE 16GB / MiPad2 64GB / MiPad 64GB / MiBox3 Int / And many Mi Gadgets

MIUI Fan Site

Credits
Device
Mi Note 2
MIUI Version
Online time
213 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BoxMi BandMIUI 2015Fantastic!FlashholicAwesome!MIUI 6I Love MIUIMIUI 2016Mi 3Mi PadMi NoteXiaomi Mi 4Redmi NoteMi TVMIUI 2017MIUI HalloweenMIUI 30 Million UsersFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Ataturk MourningMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI V5 ReviewHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI India300K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliMIUI 50 Million UsersHappy Singles' DayThanksgiving Day600K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million Users700K Forum MembersUEFA EURO MedalHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 5th AnniversaryXiaomi 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 6th Anniversary500K Forum MembersFan Of  MIUI Azerbaijan2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan from TurkeySummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMi Story TellerMIUI FollowerDebate MasterOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android GuruHumor MasterMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverAndroid ElfUpdates LoverMost Active MIUIerMi Bunny Game Master Die-hard MIUI FanStar Of Icons

02:16, Jul-22-2014 | From PC
|
Thanks for good interview and thanks too answers

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
MIUI Version
V8.2.1.0.MXDMIDL
Online time
84 Hours
Send PM

Mi MIXAwesome!I Love MIUIMi 3MIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 50 Million Users300K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan Xiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI IndiaI Love Mi BunnyMIUI ExpertDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalMIUI FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Android 4.4 KitKat

08:28, Jul-22-2014 | Via mobile
|
Nice interview.thank u.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
MIUI Version
V8.0.3.0.MXDMIDG
Online time
282 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMi BoxMi KeyMi HomeMi  BunnyXiaomi 6 LaunchMi WiFi RouterMi Power BankXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2015Awesome!Fantastic!MIUI 6MIUI Devices ContestFlashholicI Love MIUIMi NoteRedmi NoteMi TVXiaomi Mi 4Mi 3Redmi 2Mi 4iMi 2Happy DiwaliMIUI Fan From SingaporeDiwali MIUI V5 ReviewMIUI HalloweenMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Philippines300K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan Singapore BirthdayMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Forum AppMIUI 50 Million UsersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryHappy Singles' Day500K Forum MembersFan Of  MIUI Azerbaijan700K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan From BrazilMIUI 100 Million UsersFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan from IndiaThanksgiving DayXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from TurkeyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI FollowerOTA FeedbackMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatDebate MasterMIUI Twitter FollowerAndroid ElfMIUI Global Forum 2014Scroll Of WisdomMIUI G+ FollowerMi Lover MedalMi Bunny Game Master Mi TalentMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverMost Active MIUIerHumor MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI FanStar Of IconsInbox ZeroYouth PledgeUpdates LoverAndroid Guru

08:44, Jul-22-2014 | From PC
|
great interview!!! now I know Meredithhan is actually from Hebei...

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi Max 32GB
MIUI Version
V8.2.5.0.MBCMIDL
Online time
877 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi HomeMi WiFi RouterYeelight Bedside LampMi BoxMi Portable WiFiMi BandMi KeyMi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMIUI 6MIUI 2016Fantastic!Awesome!MIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 8FlashholicMi Max Mi TVMi 4iRedmi NoteMi Note ProXiaomi Mi 4Redmi 2Mi NoteRedmi Note 2Redmi 1SMi 4cMi 3Redmi300K Forum MembersMIUI HalloweenDiwali Happy Singles' DayHappy DiwaliMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesHilal Ramadan MIUI 4th AnniversarySingapore BirthdayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI Font Lover90000 Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI English Forum 2013100k Forum Members1st AnniversaryThanksgiving DayUEFA EURO MedalPokemon Master Medal1 Million Forum MembersMerry Christmas800K Forum Members1500K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridaySurge S1MIUI World TourMIUI Marathon MedalFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 5th Anniversary700K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Brazil600K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan from Turkey2014 ChristmasI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopSummer Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamYouth PledgeMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatHumor MasterTechnology GuruOTA FeedbackAndroid GuruMost Active MIUIerMIUI Global Forum 2014Scroll Of WisdomDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI KingAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalForum Contest LoverApp StarMIUI FollowerMi Bunny Game Master Mi TalentUpdates LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Of IconsMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FB FollowerRingtone Star Star MIUI News Team MemberMIUI Wallpaper ContestDebate Master

09:12, Jul-22-2014 | From PC
|
i'm gonna be there at mi office and take ur photo!
To know MI is to love MI (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)

(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
246 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMi KeyMi BandUnlock MedalAwesome!MIUI 6MIUI 2016I Love MIUIMi 3MIUI Fan from MalaysiaHilal Ramadan Fan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 4th Anniversary500K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's Day300K Forum Members2014 ChristmasSingapore BirthdayFan Of MIUI IndiaI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyForum Contest LoverMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI Medals CollectorOTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI Fan

09:18, Jul-22-2014 | From PC
|
nice interview! thank you madame

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list