Supreme Member

Yours by design

Credits
Device
Mi A1
Online time
791 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi WiFi Router MiniMi Portable WiFiMi Power BankXiaomi 6 LaunchMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMi KeyAwesome!FlashholicI Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 7MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 6MIUI 8Fantastic!MIUI 2016Redmi Note 3Mi 4iRedmi 3Mi PadMi Note ProMi 3Mi TVRedmi 1SMi 1Mi NoteRedmi 2Mi 2Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi Note 2Redmi NoteRedmiMIUI Fan from Turkey2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan From SingaporeMid-Autumn Festival1st AnniversaryFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSingapore BirthdayMIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy DiwaliDiwali Happy Singles' DayThanksgiving DayAtaturk Mourning300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 50 Million UsersHappy New YearMIUI World Tour2100K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from IndiaHappy Valentine's DayOlympics MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum AppMerry Christmas3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 9MIUI 7th AnniversaryHilal Ramadan 3500K Forum MembersMIUI 2017Surge S110 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersPokemon Master Medal1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1300K Forum Members700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From BrazilXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersMIUI 5th Anniversary600K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesXiaomi 6th Anniversary5 Million Forum Posts900K Forum Members800K Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI News TeamMIUI ExpertApp StarMIUI 8th AnniversaryMr. Post the MostMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Mi Bunny Game Master 2017 Annual AwardsForum Contest LoverMIUI Resources TeamRedmi Quiz MasterAndroid ElfMi TalentRingtone ExpertTechnology GuruApp TalentMi Lover MedalDebate MasterMIUI FollowerInbox ZeroHumor MasterMost Active MIUIerMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI FanIndustrious ReporterRingtone Star Youth PledgeUpdates LoverStar Of IconsRingtone Master

[Tech] How to avoid a Trojan phone? Don't buy a clone!

[ Promote]
2458 34 |
13:28, Jul-21-2014 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.

1aa.jpg

Chinese smartphone manufacturers are under scrutiny at the moment due to the Trojan found in the Star N9500 smartphone. But Chinese phones are safe and the chances of getting a Trojan are unlikely especially if you follow these steps.

If you had missed the news then let my quickly fill you in. A German security firm recently revealed that the popular Star N9500 smartphone had been purposely infected with a Trojan that could not be detected by the end-user and was able to take control of your phone and grab personal details. Obviously, the Chinese phone market is not looking as great to shoppers due to the scandal, but the chances of this happening to you are slim if you shop wisely.

1aaa.jpg

Fake iPhone’s should be avoided! (so should the real one too)

Although upsetting, we are hardly surprised that a company such as Star, or more likely the factory producing the OEM Star branded phones, have turned out to be less than trustworthy. Star have been one of a large number of Chinese phone makers, who from the start, have made a living producing clones of big brand phones (the Star N9500 Trojan device was a Samsung Galaxy S4 clone).

Over the years we have posted news about clone and knock off devices but we have never once suggested that you buy one, and this Trojan scandal is part of what we were worried about. The big issue is not with the brands promoting or selling the phones, but the lack of control these brands have over the factories. It is highly likely that Star knew nothing about the Trojan, as they just placed orders to have their name stamped on phone boxes.

How to avoid a Trojan phone?

So, the big issues is how do you avoid a Trojan phone? Well like with anything it just comes down to being a savvy shopper and choosing carefully, but you can also ask yourself this question: “If a company is dishonest enough to make a fake phone, are they trustworthy enough to have access to your Google account, contacts and control of your camera?” The answer should be “No”.

Although it is fun to read news of fake iPhones, Galaxy S5′s and so on my advice to anyone wanting to get one would be “don’t”. Either save up and buy the real thing or buy a phone from a trusted manufacturer with the specs you want at the price you are happy to pay.

How to find a trusted Chinese phone maker?

Chinese phone makers fall under many categories from global giants, to up and coming start-ups to small companies that just buy in from factories and rebrand phones as their own.It’s this last type of phone maker you should be most wary of especially if they deal in clones, or fake devices.

Companies such as ZTE, Huawei, Oppo, Xiaomi, Vivo, Meizu, etc are all huge corporations and it isn’t in their best interests to infect your phone. Smaller brands like DOOV, OnePlus, Zopo, Jiayu, iOcean, Nubia etc are either owned by one of the larger companies or are huge in their own right in China and again aren’t likely to destabilise themselves with a scandal like this.

The only companies which should really be avoided are the ones like Star. This company had a huge audience internationally but were totally unknown in China. They also tended to fly under the radar rather and never attempted to promote themselves on blogs or with official fan pages. If a manufacturer is doing this there is obviously a reason they don’t want to be noticed. The Star N9500 scandal is a huge blow to the Chinese phone industry, and for the less savvy phone customers around the world it will like mean they won’t by a Chinese phone, but to the more techy customer who understands Chinese phones and the brands, this news will hardly make a difference to us.

What are your thoughts on Chinese phones after this scandal? are you still willing to buy a clone phone knowing the risks?

Source

Share your views!

Single-option Poll, 134 members voted
87.31% 117
5.97% 8
6.72% 9
Your User group have no permission to vote
Favorite Share

Rated by 3 people   Experience Reason  

raydinNL + 1 Agreed!
1594695437 + 1 Great!
FoxtrottPl + 6 Thanks!

Experience +8  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Hongmi Red Rice
Online time
84 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!I Love MIUII Love Mi BunnyMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruPioneer of MIUI English Forum

14:13, Jul-21-2014 | From PC
|
One clone cell phone is none of my business,because I never bought clone device.Clone device has come to the knowledge of me long ago

Platinum Member

MIA

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
212 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandFantastic!FlashholicMIUI 6Awesome!I Love MIUIXiaomi Mi 4Mi 3Mi 4iRedmi NoteMerry Christmas300K Forum MembersHappy Diwali1st AnniversaryMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan From SingaporeDiwali 800K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From BrazilMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th Anniversary1 Million Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayHilal Ramadan I Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMi TalentPioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA FeedbackMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruMi Bunny Game Master Humor MasterForum Contest LoverDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerInbox ZeroUpdates LoverStar Of IconsMIUI Photography GuruMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Debate MasterMost Active MIUIer

14:19, Jul-21-2014 | From PC
|
Nah skip me.... clone phone wasn't so good and it may explode anytime....

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 6
Online time
246 Hours
Send PM

Yeelight Bedside LampFantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 6MIUI 8Awesome!Xiaomi Mi 6Redmi NoteMi 5Pokemon Master MedalHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From VietnamMIUI Fan From SingaporeUEFA EURO MedalMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From MyanmarMIUI 300 WeeksRocket to Future300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI V5 ReviewSingapore Birthday1500K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersOlympics MedalMIUI Beta TeamMIUI FollowerYouth PledgeMi Story TellerStar Of TechnologyAndroid GuruMost Active MIUIerMIUI Medals CollectorTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalDebate MasterMIUI FB FollowerScroll Of WisdomRedmi 5/PlusDie-hard MIUI FanMi TalentMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat

15:19, Jul-21-2014 | From PC
|
I would buy chinese phones like ZTE, Jiayu etc but i won't go for clones.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
625 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMi BoxMIUI 6FlashholicI Love MIUIFantastic!Awesome!MIUI 2015Mi 3Redmi NoteMi TVMi PadRedmi 1SRedmiMi 1MIUI Fan From SingaporeHilal Ramadan 1st AnniversaryMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSingapore BirthdayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI V5 ReviewHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 30 Million Users100k Forum MembersMIUI Fan from Turkey2014 ChristmasMIUI English Forum 2013Thanksgiving DayHappy Singles' DayMIUI Fan from IndiaDiwali 300K Forum MembersAtaturk MourningFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 100 Million UsersI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyClass A Beta TeamMIUI Device TeamMIUI Beta TeamForum Contest LoverApp StarInbox ZeroMIUI FB FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android ElfMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Medals CollectorOTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerMIUI ExpertDie-hard MIUI FanMost Active MIUIerHumor MasterAndroid GuruStar Of IconsUpdates LoverYouth PledgeMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat

15:43, Jul-21-2014 | Via mobile
|
No never

MIUI Porting Team

call Me viQry . Im From INDONE

Credits
Device
Mi 4
Online time
60 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMi KeyFantastic!MIUI 6Awesome!Redmi NoteMi TVMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from MalaysiaHilal Ramadan Fan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Fan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan From Philippines300K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayAtaturk Mourning2014 ChristmasDiwali Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Porting TeamAndroid ElfMIUI Global Forum 2014Inbox ZeroMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI FanMIUI FollowerMost Active MIUIerAndroid Guru

20:34, Jul-21-2014 | From PC
|
Nice set! Thanks for sharing!

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4c
Online time
199 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BandMi WiFi RouterFantastic!FlashholicMIUI 2015MIUI 6MIUI 8I Love MIUIAwesome!Mi 3Redmi 21400K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 1st AnniversaryMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy Singles' Day900K Forum Members500K Forum Members800K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanFan Of MIUI Bangladesh300K Forum MembersOlympics MedalSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny OTA FeedbackRingtone Star Android GuruAndroid ElfForum Contest LoverMIUI FollowerUpdates LoverMIUI Medals CollectorHumor MasterMIUI Global Forum 2014Die-hard MIUI FanPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FB FollowerDebate MasterMost Active MIUIer

22:28, Jul-21-2014 | From PC
|
I would not buy a clone phone.

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi3
Online time
40 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandI Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI V5 ReviewOTA FeedbackMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Medals CollectorPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Follower

06:06, Jul-22-2014 | From PC
|
why to buy a clone phone when here is xiaomi with MIUI .......... and another reliable brands with good prices

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
Online time
354 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMi Power BankMi WiFi Router MiniUnlock MedalMi T-ShirtMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowAwesome!MIUI 2015Fantastic!MIUI 2016MIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestRedmi ProRedmi NoteMi 5Redmi 2Mi Note ProMi PadRedmi Note 2RedmiMIUI 9MIUI 7th AnniversarySuper TuesdayMerry ChristmasThanksgiving Day900K Forum Members800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Lucky Friday300K Forum MembersHappy New YearMIUI 4th Anniversary700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesHappy Valentine's DaySuper SaturdayMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaFan of MIUI MyanmarRocket to FutureFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy Diwali1400K Forum MembersMIUI Forum App90000 Forum MembersMIUI V5 Review3 Million Forum App Installs100k Forum MembersMIUI 20172100K Forum MembersSuper Thursday1900K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Fan from Turkey1 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryXiaomi 5th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Alpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Device TeamMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Weekly Devices QuizInbox ZeroStar Of TechnologyDebate MasterMaster Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalMIUI ExpertUpdates LoverTechnology GuruMi Story TellerAndroid ElfMIUI FB FollowerRingtone TalentScroll Of WisdomDie-hard MIUI FanMost Active MIUIerMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerForum Contest LoverMi TalentAndroid Guru

12:49, Jul-22-2014 | Via mobile
|
be careful with seller, on some online shops they sell fake device telling they are original.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note LTE
Online time
413 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMijia 360° Panoramic CameraUnlock MedalMagic CubeMi Band 2MarshmallowMIUI 7MIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIMIUI 2016Awesome!Fantastic!FlashholicRedmi Note 3Redmi 2Redmi 3SRedmi Note 2Redmi NoteMi Note ProRedmi Note 4XMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI V5 ReviewRocket to Future1300K Forum Members5 Million Forum Posts1 Million Forum Members500K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th Anniversary300K Forum MembersMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI 300 WeeksSuper Monday3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsRooster Year of 2017Super Wednesday90000 Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 91 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017Happy DiwaliDiwali 1500K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamForum Contest LoverSurprise13 Million Forum MembersOreoXiaomi 8th AnniversaryDie-hard MIUI FanTechnology Guru2017 Annual AwardsMaster Of TechnologyStar Of TechnologyUpdates LoverMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatDebate MasterAndroid GuruOTA FeedbackMi Lover Medal

00:42, Jul-23-2014 | Via mobile
|
Since I already quit Samsung phone due to knox thing. Then I switched to Sony Z1 with water resistance is a good point. Later I bought a hm note 1w, A best phone. especially the long lasting battery. No point to me to buy a clone phone,  xiaomi is my future choice.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list