Platinum Member

i love xiaomi

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
184 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi Power BankFantastic!I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 8Redmi Note 3Fan Of MIUI IndiaXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaUEFA EURO MedalI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Medals CollectorAndroid Elf

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] [Device Team]Unlock Bootloader-No more "Couldn't Verify Device" Error

[ Promote]
189134 1003 |
23:08, May-13-2016 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by Nivu at 14:24, Aug-04-2016

Successfully Unlock your Bootloader - No more "Couldn't Verify Device" Error

Hello friends,

After lot of tries, at last I found a way to unlock bootloader of my Redmi Note 3 SD, now I am glad that I can share this to my fellow miui-er's since I know that many of them still experiancing "couldnt verify device" error and I know how hard it is to feel, so I am sharing my steps which successfully unlocked my device.

Step 1: Apply for unlock permission here (it will take 2 to 3 weeks for getting permission).

Step 2: After getting unlock permission, download the Mi Unlock tool from here.

Step 3: If you are on global stable version i recommend to download Global Beta Recovery rom and update it using updater app.it also working for some people (you can update to global beta from global stable and vice versa but you cant update to chinese rom from global rom with updater app)

Step 4: Login to the same Mi account which is used for applying permission and switch on find my device (make sure that you login with mobile number instead of mail id).

Step 5: Login to i.mi.com and sign in with your Mi Account, it will send verification code to your mobile number, type the code and get verified. Now it will show connected device, check whether your device is online or not.and remove all other devices from site aswell as mobile phone.
Note: Make sure that you login with mobile number instead of mail Id (This step is very very importent).
Untit.png Note:If your device not showing online on i.mi.com go to Settings>Sync>Off and On
Untitled.png
After step 5 wait for a day and proceed with step 6

Step 6: Now login to the Mi unlock tool with same mi account with your mobile number instead of mail Id.

step 7: From your mobile go to developer option and enable oem unlock and usb debugging.
Step 8: Switch off your mobile and connect the device in fastboot mode (pressing power and vol- button together) to PC.

Step 9: Click unlock button.
Ta daaa!! your bootloader is unlocked in no second
you can try on any version including global stable, there is no rule....;)
dont forget to replay if you successfully unlocked..

Thanks,
Nivu

Favorite205 Share

Rated by 105 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

CrimsonAlv + 1 Fantastic!
Sarswat_dz + 1 Awesome!
glkanth77 + 1 Fantastic!
eduardomagusm + 1 Agreed!
1665842103 + 1 Awesome!
Sujayb + 10 + 3 Awesome!
alex_24 + 1 Thanks!
sugarmice1961 + 1 Thanks!
O1egsk + 1 Great!
mfby2k + 1 Awesome!
Alex7K9 + 1 Thanks!
mrzag84 + 1 Thanks!
devd72 + 1 Great!
love4chat + 4 Fantastic!
Fortune777 + 3 Great!
Zzepish + 1 Thanks!
mr.arun + 2 Fantastic!
iRecRut + 1 Thanks!
Robyone + 1 Fantastic! It work!!! Without sms :-D
spikou + 1 Thanks!
reddevils4017 + 1 Fantastic!
Laurent6277 + 1 Thanks!
BoceMiPad + 2 Thanks!
deepak.mb25 + 1 Fantastic!
gunse + 1 Great! Work like a charm!
QaitoQid + 1 Thanks!
gumka + 1 Awesome!

Experience +238  Prestige +14  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 2 Prime
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM
18:07, Jun-24-2016 | From PC
|
j150 replied at 2016-5-15 22:50
thanks for tutorial but the issue is same. .Tried everything with global stable and global beta late ...

You just said it rightly, it is ruining customer experience and hurting the very image it has created among developer. This process is very uncertain and I feel the real problem is with Mi Cloud which is not in sync with the permissions given by Xiaomi. After a while probably when the actual Sync happens, devices gets unlocked and the user thinks that the real reason is because of ROM/Firewall/successfully locating phone etc. I have made more than 25 attempts but no luck, tried all roms and unlocking tool. Nothing worked for me. Time to sell RN3 and move on probably. RN3 is no doubt a good device, but not developer friendly.

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

+79787937331 + 1 Agreed!

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
13 Hours
Send PM

Mi  BunnyFantastic!1400K Forum Members

17:21, Jun-25-2016 | From PC
|
I made video for this Check it out

Comment

Sripathi my device is not showing on i.mi.com, what to do?  22:50, Oct-09-2016

spikou + 1 Great!

Credits
Device
Mi Note
Online time
12 Hours
Send PM

3500K Forum Members

14:44, Apr-24-2017 | From PC
|
This post was edited by archz2 at 14:46, Apr-24-2017

I have redmi 4A. I followed all your instructions and located my device before switching my phone in fastboot mode.
My device was showing online.

However I get this error while using the unlock tool. What should I do?

abhis3k + 5 Agreed!

Experience +5  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
21 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Weekly Devices Quiz

19:00, Sep-13-2016 | Via mobile
|
My mi id-1606985926
Model-redmi note 3 Sd
Rom-global dev 6.9.9 mm
I tried everything adb driver installed, find device both in mobile and pc,only one device is online, even reset data and tried again but still
It shows couldn't verify device error..
Its very frustrating i got permission 2months ago..
Pls help..

89096226679 + 1 Agreed!

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
75 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUI

08:16, Jun-06-2016 | From PC
|
Two requisites after logging into i.mi.com :
1. The device should show up online.
2. Find device should be able to locate your phone on the map.
Try turning find device on and off in the phone if it is showing offline. I was able to unlock successfully on Chinese developer as well as global stable (Yes!! Global stable ROM)