MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
250 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandFantastic!MIUI 6Awesome!I Love MIUIRedmi 2Mi NoteMIUI 50 Million UsersHappy DiwaliSingapore BirthdayMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million UsersMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Fan From SingaporeHappy Valentine's DayMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyInbox ZeroAndroid ElfPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android GuruMIUI FollowerSuper Moderator

[Kopitiam] All about Xiaomi Popcorn Festival! Do you want it in Singapore?

[ Promote]
7477 50 |
23:55, Jul-13-2014 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by Explodreamer at 00:03, Jul-14-2014

Malaysia might be having a Xiaomi Popcorn Festival!

How can like this?! Singapore wants it too!

The first Popcorn Festival overseas was held in Taiwan in December 2013, and it all started with this:

hugo.jpg

What is the Xiaomi Popcorn Festival?
Quote from Taiwan MIUI1:

The Xiaomi Popcorn Festival is Xiaomi's official large-scale offline event. Since 2012, Xiaomi has held the Popcorn festival at more than 30 cities in Mainland China, with each Festival entertaining up to 300 - 500 guests. There are games to play, prizes to win, talent performances, interactive activities and many other events. Xiaomi's founders and important members will also interact with Mi fans at the Festival. For more information, you can refer to here.

Have fun together with fellow Mi Fans and Xiaomi

The following review from a Taiwan Mi fan illustrates how awesome Xiaomi's Popcorn Festival is1:

[I was] Lucky to be chosen and attend Xiaomi's first grand event in Taiwan. The event hall was booming lively with performances, games, lucky draws, and the fun never stops during those 3 hours.  Every Mi Fan who attended received awesome gifts. There was event T-shirts, HaiRui bee hoon, and they somehow managed to get HaiRui gong wan2, life-long subscription of Naviking3, Xiaomi passport, 2013 Xiaomi products catalouge, 2013 Xiaomi in Taiwan badge, Xiaomi in-ear earphones and Redmi F-codes. In total, 2 MiTVs, 4 Mi3, 33 Redmi, 15 accessories packs, 20 Alpaca Mi bunnies and many other gifts were given out [...] Seems like "Once a Mi Fan, Always a Mi Fan". Keep it up! Everyone of you and me.

How crazy can it get?!
'Hugo wears a wig and sings Wu Bai's song' kind of crazy

Taiwan is just the first stop in Xiaomi's international blueprint and Xiaomi is going at full speed to reach every Mi Fan! Do you want the Popcorn Festival in Singapore? Give us a shoutout and show your love!

Let us know with your replies on why Singapore should be the next stop, where is a great place for the event, what kind of activities you want!

1Translations done by me
2HaiRui bee hoon and gong wan (meat balls) are Hsinchu, Taiwan's famous dishes.
3Naviking is a paid navigation service in Taiwan. The level of dedication to Taiwan fans is commendable!

Credits to @Samyoungctfor bringing Singapore Mi Fans together with the Xiaomi Singapore Community Club. Join the club and like the Facebook page for updates on Xiaomi Events in Singapore and give us suggestions and feedbacks!

Singapore Mi Fans! Are we ready for a Xiaomi Popcorn Festival?
Popcorn.jpg

Single-option Poll, 122 members voted
Your User group have no permission to vote
Favorite Share

Rated by 5 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

Aikloon(阿伦) + 1 Great!
weikang2753 + 5 Agreed!
jellytelly + 10 + 3 Awesome! If Singapore can have that mile
AilsaZ + 10 Fantastic!
Samyoungct + 10 + 1 Awesome! Thank you Explodreamer

Experience +36  Prestige +4  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Redmi Note
Online time
11 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!I Love MIUIRedmi NoteMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Follower

00:29, Jul-14-2014 | From PC
|
Yes, come to Singapore!! we lack such (direct interaction with end-user) partehs!

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s Plus
Online time
41 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Portable WiFiI Love MIUIAwesome!Mi 3Mi 5s PlusRedmi Note 2Redmi NoteRedmi Note 4Mi 5sMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 2017800K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu I Love Mi BunnyAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatOTA FeedbackScroll Of WisdomForum Contest LoverDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Follower

09:23, Jul-14-2014 | From PC
|
Maybe held at suntec city, mbs... session can be like a workshop showcasing miui different feature n functionality... eg how to use the camera app different feature like manual focus, exposure time, awb... den how to use fastboot to use cable to change your rom to developer rom... den how to backup/restore the phone... how to utilise micloud  for daily productivity... den have some nfc tag place around different area for ppl to explore for the gaming part... or compete against each other as a team on setting up mi router downloading content into mirouter nas...

Comment

Explodreamer I like the NFC tag idea. Singapore needs more NFC users :)  12:23, Jul-14-2014

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 2
Online time
132 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi BoxMIUI 6I Love MIUIMIUI 7Awesome!MIUI 2015FlashholicRedmiRedmi NoteMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan from IndiaDiwali 300K Forum MembersSingapore BirthdayHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 50 Million Users800K Forum MembersThanksgiving Day600K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI India500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Xiaomi 5th AnniversaryAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI FollowerRingtone Star Forum Contest LoverAndroid ElfInbox ZeroMost Active MIUIerDie-hard MIUI FanPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Global Forum 2014

10:04, Jul-14-2014 | From PC
|
Part of me want it in Marina Barage...

Credits
Device
Redmi Note
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!Redmi NoteMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from IndiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu I Love Mi BunnyMIUI Follower

17:21, Jul-14-2014 | From PC
|
We want POPCORN in Singapore!

Popcorn.jpg

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 1
Online time
74 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIAwesome!RedmiMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI V5 ReviewI Love Mi BunnyMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI FB FollowerInbox Zero

22:38, Jul-14-2014 | From PC
|
who is Hugo gonna sing as in SG popcorn?

this can?

Comment

Explodreamer Dis. I lyke. Hu Hu Hu  16:04, Jul-15-2014

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Strawberry Shortcake

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
632 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi BoxMi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesAwesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 6FlashholicMi 3Redmi NoteXiaomi Mi 4500K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan From SingaporeDiwali Singapore BirthdayMIUI 50 Million UsersThanksgiving DayHappy Singles' DayMid-Autumn FestivalHappy Diwali300K Forum MembersSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMiPopGFX TeamAndroid ElfInbox ZeroSuper ModeratorPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Community VIPMIUI Photography GuruMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FB FollowerUpdates LoverHumor MasterAndroid Guru

22:43, Jul-14-2014 | From PC
|
I want popcorn event in Singapore!!!
Singapore should be the next stop ~~~ Coz we are their first stop in SEAsia ~~~ *dance around*
Okaii. ignore me.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Online time
34 Hours
Send PM

Mi MIXI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from IndiaFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSingapore BirthdayI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI FollowerOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Medals CollectorAndroid Guru

09:26, Jul-15-2014 | From PC
|
I m like this event. Where is the place and when is the date?

Comment

Explodreamer Not yet decided! Where do you think it should be and when?  16:03, Jul-15-2014

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note LTE
Online time
22 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi BandAwesome!Redmi Note 2MIUI 50 Million UsersPokemon Master MedalThanksgiving DayMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Follower

16:50, Jul-15-2014 | From PC
|
want want. i wanna join sg de. maybe can held it at singapore expo or in a hotel ballroom?

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Online time
34 Hours
Send PM

Mi MIXI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from IndiaFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSingapore BirthdayI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI FollowerOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Medals CollectorAndroid Guru

17:12, Jul-15-2014 | From PC
|
JivenGoh replied at 2014-7-15 09:26
I m like this event. Where is the place and when is the date?

May be can choose Singapore Indoor Stadium at weekend so that all of the mi fans can enjoy this events!!!!!!!

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list