MIUI App Review Team

#anintrovert

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
Online time
67 Hours
Send PM

Mijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi Bluetooth HeadsetMagic CubeMi MIXMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIFantastic!AnTuTu1st AnniversaryMIUI Happy MedalMIUI PSuper SundaySurge S1Rocket to FutureMIUI Lucky Friday9 Million Forum MembersSurprise7 Million Forum MembersMost Active MIUIerNougatXiaomi 8th AnniversaryRedmi Note 5/ProStar Of TechnologyStar WarsMi Lover MedalTheme TalentForum Contest Lover

[App Review] [MIUI App Review Team] U - Dictionary - Best dictionary and translator as well

[ Promote]
383 18 |
02:58, Jun-07-2018 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by imbaalu at 00:27, Jun-07-2018

UD.png

U - Dictionary

Introduction

Hello MIUIers, This week I brought you a very useful app to review. The app is " U - Dictionary " The app itself a 2 in 1 app. We can use it as dictionary and the transaltor as well. The app was developed and maintained by youdao.com under the education zoner.  Come and let's see, the features of the app and the pro's and con's of the app too.

Before that, let's have a look on the app's teaser below

Review:

So, I think many of you got an idea about the app, after watching the teaser right?? This app is the best offline dictionary cum translator, I have found and avilable on the market. I haven't done any masters in English. But, best of my knowledge, I could use the app for my daily purpose. With the same knowledge, I'm here to present my review in the app's perspect. Also, one can learn and improve their skills using the app. One can increase or improve their vocabulary in multiple languages.

1.gif     2.gif

The app starts with a few tutorials on how to use the app and the usage of the basic features provided by the app. Like the translator, smart read, etc., on the other hand we can see, the app will prompts for language setup of our own. Especially, the app supports over 50 languages. So, we can chooose between them as a system language.

Also, it downloads a minimal of the offline data to configure the app further. That can be seen in the notifiction shade.

Screenshot_U-Dictionary_20180606-205155.png     3.gif

There comes the quickly accessible menu of the app, which can bee accessed by tapping on the three horizontal line at the top left side of the app. Where we can find the options like, offline dictionary, language settings, my words, etc., On the other hand, we can see the home screen of the app, where we can see differnet kinds of quiz and exercises, fun time etc.,

Also, at the top of the app's screen we can see the translator button. Where, we can see source and dstination languages. By switching them, we can sipmly translate a word or sentence. We can see that later.

5.gif     4.gif

So, on the home screen of the app, we pull down the home screen. It'll get refreshed like other app. But, we can see a different new word, new event like a quiz, etc., in three different screens at slight above the middle of the app. From the word's suggestion, we can mark it my words and can be translated, searched for meaning, etc.,

On the other hand, on the same homescreen, we can see the video with play button in the above gif. Yes, we can play the tutorials in the app itself (if we connected to internet). We can see the tutorial on how to pronounce a word, how the similar words are varied by it's sound, etc.,

6.gif     7.gif

So, the above mentioned language list is there, not only at the translation, but also for the system language page, almost 50 plus languages are there. Coming to the dictionary, unlike the other dictionaries, this one has built in voice response too. Which means, if we are not sure about the pronounciation like a word I searched, we can simply tap in the audio symbol besides each word or sentence to get the audio output. Isn't it cool??

8.gif     Screenshot_U-Dictionary_20180606-205717.png

We can check a word with multiple examples. Like how the word can be used in diffrent sentences, different phrases, etc., Normally, we can see two to three example for a word we searched. If want more examples on the same word or if we want to know the usage of a particular word, we can simply tap on more and we'll get the extended page.

The other awesome feature of the app is, favorite words. We can select or make bookmark of the words we're learning or the new words we learned recently into the favorite list. So that we can see or go through the same, new words to make them usable in our daily usage and further we can improve the vocabulary.

9.gif     Screenshot_U-Dictionary_20180606-210700.png

There we go, the other cool features of the app are, scanned image translator or dictionary and voice input translator and dictionary. We can scan a image and the scanned image can be translated and the definitions each can be found on the go. I used a word on my laptop to transalate or get the meaning etc., of the word. But, I couldn't get the results.

The results would be accurate, if we use the static items like paper or image or digital file etc., also we can choose the sacnned file or image from the device itslef, to get the accurate results, as shown in the teaser. We can use voice input like, we use for Google assistant. I used the word in the scond screenshot and got the result.

From there, we need to manually choose the right word to search the dictionary or to be translated by the app.

10.gif     Screenshot_U-Dictionary_20180606-205841.png

Offline Dictionary, which is nothing but. Downloading the language's data (required) to the device. So that, one can use them offline. As I said, almost 50 plus languages available at everywhere, like at system language, translator, and in this offline dictionary too. On the right side, we can see the screen shot, which shows the system language selector. From there we can select the desired language.

But, in these all mentioned features, the default language is set to english, as a global language. Also, the app can be used almost everywhere in the world. As it supports major and popular worldwide languages.

13.gif     12.gif

So, there the above mentioned favorite words option, where we can directly save to the default folder or custom folder like I created with my name can be created. If we want to save the a group of words into a folder, this will be very useful to make the folder a name and save them all.

On the other hand we can see the settings of the app with simple and clean view. All we can see lock screen settings, notification settings, etc., in notification settings we can enable or disable app in notifiaction shade's access. Coming to the lockscreen settings, we can enable or diable lockscreen word, it displays different words on each time, we unlock or lock the device.

PRO'S and CON'S:

Pro's:

Available for offline and for free on playstore as well

On app with multifunctions such as dictionary and translator

App with awesome features such as voice and image input to get the instant results using built in image scanner

Supports major languages across the globe

Con's:

Sometimes, the results of the scanned word is not showing as I shown in the review, the scanned word must from a static file such as scanned document, digital document, etc.,

Conclusion :

So, this is the Good dictionary cum translator app available on the market, to learning and improve the vocabulary or other communication skills as well

Add.Information:

Udic.PNG

Download:

playstore.gif

or

U-Dictionary_3.5.5.apk (20.32 MB, Downloads: 69)
Favorite1 Share

Rated by 4 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

sergio.lobianco + 1 Thanks!
slavin23 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
Aashu124 + 5 Awesome!
Amy_MI + 10 Awesome!

Experience +26  Prestige +3  View Rating Log

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
282 Hours
Send PM

Mijia VR Play 2Mi VRMi Bluetooth SpeakerMijia Walkie TalkieMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi Band 2Mi HomeMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi BandMagic CubeUnlock MedalMi BoxMi MIXMi HeadphonesMi Kids WatchMi Bluetooth HeadsetXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 8Fantastic!MIUI 2016FlashholicAnTuTu4 Million Forum MembersSuper FridayMIUI Lucky FridaySuper MondayMIUI Fan from IndiaPuzzle MasterWomen's Day MedalHappy Valentine's DaySuper ThursdayMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Happy Medal10 Million Forum PostsSuper WednesdaySurge S1MIUI SMIUI Drawing TalentMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI PMIUI Weekly PollHappy Singles' DayXiaomi 6th Anniversary2 Million Forum MembersI Love 2016Thanksgiving Day3 Million Forum App Installs5 Million Forum App InstallsFan Of MIUI IndiaRooster Year of 2017Merry ChristmasHappy New YearMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI Italy3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Philippines Fan Meetup90000 Forum Members3500K Forum MembersSuper TuesdayMIUI 9MIUI Forum AppMIUI 100 Million UsersAtaturk MourningHappy DiwaliDiwali MIUI World TourMIUI 7th AnniversarySuper SundayRocket to FutureHappy Holi MedalSuper SaturdayMIUI Font LoverGamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Halloween 2017Star Wars8 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 8th AnniversaryNougat6 Million Forum MembersQuick SurveyOreoMIUI KingMIUI FB Follower9 Million Forum MembersBlack SharkMIUI ExpertTheme Talent7 Million Forum MembersMIUI SuperstarMIUI Quick DiscussionOTA FeedbackDebate MasterSurpriseApp StarMr. DependableRedmi Quiz MasterAndroid GuruScroll Of WisdomPioneer of MIUI English Forum Most Active MIUIerStar Of TechnologyMost Popular Forum UserUpdates LoverMaster Of TechnologyMi TalentDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Twitter FollowerAndroid ElfTechnology GuruMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI FollowerMi Lover Medal2017 Annual AwardsMi Bunny Game Master Forum Contest LoverMIUI G+ Follower

12:26, Jun-07-2018 | From PC
|
Nice review

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

imbaalu + 5 Thanks!

Experience +5  View Rating Log

Aashu124
MIUI Beta Team - Global
QQ I'D 3520558253
Use @Aashu124 to tag me and feel free to pm me

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
236 Hours
Send PM

Mi TV 70Magic CubeMi WiFiNinebot MiniMi WiFi Router MiniMi Kids WatchMi VRMi Yi CameraMi Notebook AirMi Power StripXiaomi 6 LaunchUnlock MedalMijia Story TellerMijia Qi CycleMi HomeMi BandMi Band 2Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestMarshmallowMIUI 7AnTuTuMIUI 8Fantastic!MIUI 2016I Love MIUIAwesome!Mi Live Medal1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Monthly TalkHappy New YearMIUI Drawing Talent5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 20171400K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Weekly PollMIUI World TourDiwali I Love 20161500K Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsUEFA EURO MedalMerry Christmas3 Million Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million Users300K Forum Members500K Forum MembersMIUI 92 Million Forum MembersMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI PMIUI 20 Million UsersFan Of MIUI GreeceCamera Filter Guru MedalFan Of MIUI India1st Anniversary90000 Forum MembersMIUI Font LoverMid-Autumn FestivalRocket to FuturePuzzle MasterFan Of MIUI BangladeshSurge S1Happy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI RussiaSuper ThursdayMIUI Happy MedalOlympics MedalMIUI Forum AppMiPopI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Weekly Devices QuizSurpriseMIUI Quick Discussion9 Million Forum MembersMost Active MIUIerPioneer of MIUI English Forum 5 Million Forum MembersStar WarsTechnology GuruRedmi Note 5/ProDebate MasterQuick SurveyForum Contest LoverApp TalentTheme TalentIndia Independence DayOTA FeedbackMIUI KingMaster Of Technology25 Million StrongMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat2017 Annual AwardsMIUI G+ FollowerMr. DependableMIUI Halloween 2017Updates LoverAndroid ElfMi TalentMIUI Twitter FollowerAndroid GuruRingtone Star Mi Lover MedalMIUI FollowerInbox ZeroScroll Of WisdomMIUI ExpertMi Story TellerApp TalentStar Of Technology

12:27, Jun-07-2018 | From PC
|
Nice

imbaalu + 5 Thanks!

MIUI App Review Team

Keep Smiling and laughing!

Credits
Device
Redmi 4A
Online time
107 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi BoxMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi Kids WatchMagic CubeMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi BandAwesome!I Love MIUIFlashholicAnTuTuMIUI Devices ContestRedmi Note 4Redmi Note 3Redmi 4/Prime/4AXiaomi Mi 6Women's Day MedalRocket to FutureMIUI Forum AppMIUI Happy MedalSuper MondayMIUI 2017MIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 9Merry Christmas1st AnniversaryHappy Singles' DayMIUI PMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI Lucky FridaySurge S1Happy New YearMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 100 Million Users10 Million Forum Posts5 Million Forum App InstallsRooster Year of 2017MiPopI Love Mi BunnyMi TalentXiaomi 8th AnniversaryQuick SurveyMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz2017 Annual AwardsStar Of Technology6 Million Forum MembersMIUI FB FollowerStar Wars7 Million Forum MembersDie-hard MIUI Fan9 Million Forum MembersApp StarOTA FeedbackMi A1NougatMi Bunny Game Master Forum Contest LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FollowerMIUI ExpertMIUI Halloween 2017OreoMost Active MIUIerTechnology GuruAndroid GuruMIUI Quick DiscussionMi Lover Medal

12:37, Jun-07-2018 | Via mobile
|
Awesome Review Mate!

MIUI Resources Team

Very Cool Person

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
Online time
791 Hours
Send PM

Mijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi ScaleMijia Qi CycleMi MIXMi  BunnyMijia Smart PTZ CameraMagic CubeMi HeadphonesYi Action CameraMijia Walkie TalkieMi Notebook AirMi HomeMi TV 70Mi BoxMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi Kids WatchMi Band 2Unlock MedalXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!AnTuTuMarshmallowFantastic!FlashholicMi 4iSuper SundayFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Happy MedalSuper MondayMIUI 9Puzzle Master300K Forum MembersRocket to FutureHappy Valentine's DayWomen's Day MedalMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 20175 Million Forum App Installs10 Million Forum PostsFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Lucky Friday2 Million Forum MembersSurge S1Happy New YearMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI PMIUI SMerry ChristmasMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI 20 Million UsersRooster Year of 2017Happy DiwaliDiwali Gamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Superstar8 Million Forum Members9 Million Forum MembersRedmi Quiz MasterMIUI Quick DiscussionNougatMIUI KingBlack SharkMi TalentOreoQuick SurveyXiaomi 8th Anniversary5 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices QuizSurpriseMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverApp StarScroll Of WisdomMr. DependableOTA FeedbackMIUI Halloween 2017Debate MasterRingtone ExpertAndroid ElfTheme TalentMost Active MIUIerStar Wars7 Million Forum Members6 Million Forum Members2017 Annual AwardsMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerMaster Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanTechnology Guru25 Million StrongAndroid GuruIndia Independence DayPioneer of MIUI English Forum Mi Lover MedalStar Of TechnologyUpdates LoverMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FollowerMi Story Teller

19:09, Jun-07-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Great Review👍

imbaalu + 5 Thanks!

MIUI Resources Team

Do What U Believe In !!!

Credits
Device
Mi Max 32GB
Online time
1686 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Story TellerMi Bluetooth SpeakerNinebot MiniMijia VR Play 2Unlock MedalMi  BunnyMi HeadphonesMijia Walkie TalkieMijia Qi CycleMagic CubeMi MIXMijia 360° Panoramic CameraYi Action CameraMi Notebook AirMi BandMi HomeMi Band 2Xiaomi 6 LaunchMijia Electric ScooterMi Selfie StickMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi VRMi TV 70Mi Bluetooth HeadsetMi Kids WatchMi BoxXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8FlashholicFantastic!I Love MIUIMarshmallowAnTuTuAwesome!Redmi 24 Million Forum MembersRedmi 3SMi 5Mi 4iMi Max MIUI World TourWomen's Day MedalCamera Filter Guru MedalFan Of MIUI BangladeshSuper Wednesday300K Forum MembersSurge S1Fan Of MIUI UkraineHappy New YearRocket to FutureSuper FridayMIUI Fan from India3500K Forum MembersPuzzle MasterRooster Year of 2017MIUI Fan From NepalMIUI Forum AppSuper SaturdaySuper MondayHappy Holi MedalMIUI SMIUI Fan from MalaysiaSuper ThursdayMIUI Font Lover5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI PMIUI 20173 Million Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalSuper Sunday10 Million Forum PostsFan Of MIUI AustraliaMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesAtaturk MourningMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersHappy Singles' Day2 Million Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI 20 Million Users1st AnniversaryHappy DiwaliXiaomi 6th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayDiwali MIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Fan from TurkeyFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupHilal Ramadan Merry Christmas90000 Forum MembersSuper Tuesday100k Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From IndonesiaI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Review7 Million Forum MembersQuick SurveyOreo9 Million Forum MembersStar Wars8 Million Forum MembersMIUI SuperstarMIUI FB FollowerBlack SharkXiaomi 8th Anniversary5 Million Forum MembersOTA FeedbackSurpriseMIUI Quick DiscussionDebate MasterApp StarMIUI Weekly Devices QuizDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FollowerTheme TalentMost Active MIUIerPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerUpdates LoverMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Halloween 2017Mr. DependableRingtone Expert25 Million StrongMi Bunny Game Master India Independence DayTechnology GuruMost Popular Forum UserMaster Of TechnologyRingtone Star 6 Million Forum MembersAndroid GuruMIUI ExpertYouth PledgeForum Contest LoverAndroid ElfMi TalentNougatMIUI King2017 Annual AwardsMi Story TellerMi Lover MedalStar Of TechnologyScroll Of Wisdom

19:28, Jun-07-2018 | From Mi Max 32GB
|
Nice Review 👍

imbaalu + 5 Thanks!

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUI2 Million Forum MembersPuzzle MasterSuper SundayFan Of MIUI IndiaXiaomi 8th AnniversarySurpriseForum Contest LoverMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI SuperstarAndroid Elf

21:29, Jun-07-2018 | From Redmi 5 Plus
|
Great

Super moderator

Complain less Act more

Credits
Device
Mi 6
Online time
775 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesXiaomi 6 LaunchMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi BoxMi HomeMi KeyMijia VR Play 2Mi  BunnyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMijia Story TellerMi Power BankMi BandMi Band 2Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 8MIUI 2016MIUI 7MIUI 2015FlashholicMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!MIUI 6Mi 3Mi 4i4 Million Forum MembersMi TVRedmi 2Redmi 1SRedmiRedmi Note 3Merry ChristmasMIUI 4th Anniversary1 Million Forum Members1st AnniversaryMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan From SingaporeXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI 50 Million Users300K Forum MembersMIUI 5th Anniversary600K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th Anniversary500K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayThanksgiving DayHappy Singles' Day800K Forum MembersHappy Diwali2014 Christmas700K Forum Members900K Forum MembersPokemon Master Medal10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersSurge S1Super WednesdayWomen's Day MedalHappy New Year3 Million Forum App InstallsRooster Year of 2017Puzzle MasterSuper SaturdayMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 9MIUI Fan from Malaysia90000 Forum Members3500K Forum MembersMIUI Font LoverSuper ThursdaySuper TuesdayMIUI 2017MIUI Lucky Friday1700K Forum Members1900K Forum Members1800K Forum Members1500K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Forum AppMid-Autumn FestivalI Love 20162100K Forum MembersMIUI 6th Anniversary1400K Forum MembersMi Live MedalI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Device TeamMost Active MIUIerMIUI FollowerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatHumor MasterMIUI Medals CollectorOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android GuruMi TalentMIUI App Review TeamRedmi Note 3 ExplorerSuper ModeratorRingtone TalentInbox ZeroApp Review StarMi Lover MedalMIUI ExpertForum Contest LoverDebate MasterMr. Dependable2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Youth PledgeUpdates LoverStar Of IconsDie-hard MIUI FanApp TalentRingtone Star MIUI FB FollowerAndroid ElfMIUI Resources Team

12:02, Jun-13-2018 | From PC
|
Thanks for the review brother.

imbaalu + 5 Thanks!

Elite Member

Respect Everyone, Keep MIUIing

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
48 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Qi CycleMagic CubeMi Band 2Mi  BunnyMi HomeMi MIXNinebot MiniMi VRYi Action CameraMi Selfie StickMi BandMi Power BankMi HeadphonesXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!AnTuTuMi TV300K Forum MembersRocket to FutureMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI BangladeshSuper ThursdayHappy Singles' DayMIUI Happy MedalFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Font LoverMIUI Fan From Nepal2 Million Forum MembersSuper MondaySuper SundayFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupMIUI 9500K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017MIUI 7th AnniversaryPuzzle MasterAtaturk MourningMIUI Fan From PhilippinesOTA FeedbackMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMaster Of TechnologyXiaomi 8th Anniversary9 Million Forum MembersNougatMIUI FB FollowerMi Story TellerStar Of TechnologyTechnology GuruScroll Of WisdomMIUI FollowerMi Lover MedalAndroid GuruPioneer of MIUI English Forum Theme TalentMost Active MIUIerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatForum Contest LoverMi TalentMIUI Medals CollectorDie-hard MIUI Fan2017 Annual Awards

00:58, Jun-29-2018 | From PC
|
Great Review

Credits
Device
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM
02:17, Jun-29-2018 | From Mi Max 2
|
interested

Credits Management