MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 4c
Online time
621 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi Router MiniMi Power BankMi Band 2Mi KeyMi BandNinebot MiniMi Portable WiFiMi HomeMi BoxXiaomi 6 LaunchMi VRMIUI 6MIUI 2015I Love MIUIAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI 7MIUI 2016MIUI 8FlashholicMi 3Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi NoteMi 4iRedmi 2Mi TVRedmiMi PadMid-Autumn Festival1st AnniversaryDiwali 300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 4th AnniversarySingapore BirthdayHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From PhilippinesAtaturk MourningMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI V5 ReviewHappy DiwaliMerry Christmas500K Forum MembersUEFA EURO Medal700K Forum Members2014 ChristmasThanksgiving Day900K Forum MembersMIUI 5th Anniversary600K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's Day800K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Forum AppSuper TuesdayFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan from Turkey3500K Forum MembersMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI Australia2100K Forum MembersMIUI World TourGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamMIUI Device TeamMIUI Medals CollectorTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalMIUI KingAndroid GuruMi TalentMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatHumor MasterMr. DependableStar Of IconsDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Photography Team MemberOTA FeedbackUpdates LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014Inbox ZeroForum Contest LoverYouth PledgeScroll Of WisdomMr. Post the MostStar MIUI News Team MemberMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Photography Classroom TeacherDebate MasterMIUI ExpertMIUI Photography GuruBest ArticleMIUI FollowerStar Of MIUI Device TeamIndustrious ReporterMIUI Device ExpertPioneer of MIUI English Forum

[Tips & Tutorials] [MIUI Device Team] How to root the MiPad

[ Promote]
73847 102 |
17:37, Jul-13-2014 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by allakazoo at 23:30, Jul-22-2014

How to root the MiPad
Updated: 22 July 2014

Having received my MiPad yesterday, I wasted no time in configuring it what I want and how I want it. So I dug around looking for a root solution, but I failed. When @KateZ heard about my predicament, she took it upon herself to lend a hand. Guess what? She found it for me!

Thanks!!  

So all thanks to @KateZ, I'm able to bring you the step by step of how to root your MiPad. Oh yeah, I'll do it in English, so you guys have no fear, when faced with any non English words on screen.

Ok, there are possibly several ways and the one I used is VROOT, which is actually the English version of ROOT 大师. VROOT is PC based, so you need to download and install on a PC. Once you install and run it, you will realise it is actually ROOT 大师 with some English words. Ok ok, give them more credit. I think using VROOT, non chinese readers should be able to figure things out without much trouble.

Please note that you need to be on Developer ROM before you proceed. The out of the box Stable ROM cannot be rooted at the time of writing.
Thank you @Lafsen for trying both ROMs out and updating us!

Before you begin, activate Developer options on the MiPad. In case you don't know how to do it, tap on Settings - About phone and then tap on Build number 7 times. Go back up one level and you will now see Developer options just above About phone.

Now, before you run VROOT, open your MiPad and tap on Settings - Developer options and turn on USB debugging.
VR_MP01.png

If at this time your MiPad is already connected, you will see a pop up. Go ahead and tap on OK.
VR_MP02.png

Now you are ready to start VROOT. The moment VROOT starts, you will see the following screen, because you are already connected and have USB debugging on. VROOT connects automatically without you having to do anything.
VR02.png

After sometime, the connection is successful and you will see this.
Vr03.png

At this point in time, don't use your MiPad anymore, because when you hit Root, the process starts.
VR04.png

When you are all done (less than 2 min), you will see the MiPad restart on its own. Click on Complete and go ahead and close VROOT. VR05.png

When the MiPad restarted, you will see 2 new icons.
VR_MP03.png

Well VROOT is free, so I guess their income mostly comes from referrals, 应用酷 contains lots of app recommendations. If there are stuff you need, do consider installing via this avenue so that VROOT remains free. The vRoot app is actually a version of SuperSU, combined with Clean Master, I think... Not sure if you can uninstall it and install Chainfire's version. You might wanna give it a go. Do drop us a line here to update everyone. Ok, happy rooting!

Favorite6 Share

Rated by 10 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

appzsan + 1 Thanks!
1586063266 + 1 Fantastic!
w17mi + 1 Thanks!
AnDaLuS + 1 Awesome!
KOPTER + 1 Thanks!
super_abuser + 1 Fantastic! +1
zardMi3 + 5 Awesome!
EviLution + 5 Fantastic!
KateZ + 10 + 2 Awesome!
Samyoungct + 8 + 2 Awesome!

Experience +34  Prestige +4  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM
11:42, Mar-18-2015 | From PC
|

i can't root my mipad (globe Miui v6.3.1 KXFMIBL) by 2 method : Mi-recovery using "update.zip" & Vroot

1. after update.zip: "no SU binary installed,....."
2. IROOT v1.8.2: "root failed"

Pls help me, I need root for games & some apps
Thanks all!

Supreme Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note
Online time
672 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 6Mi 2RedmiRedmi Note300K Forum Members1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI Fan From SingaporeI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Device TeamAndroid GuruMIUI ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruMIUI Device ExpertMIUI Photography GuruStar Of MIUI Device TeamMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterMIUI Photography Team MemberApp StarMIUI SuperstarRedmi Quiz MasterMaster Of Technology

19:45, Jul-13-2014 | Via mobile
|
you are welcome allakazoo!!!! thank you so much for sharing with us!

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Galaxy Note3
Online time
155 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BoxMi BandMi KeyAwesome!MIUI 6Fantastic!FlashholicI Love MIUIRedmiMi 3Redmi Note1st AnniversaryMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI V5 ReviewFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan from MalaysiaThanksgiving DayHappy Singles' DayMIUI Fan from IndiaHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan From SingaporeSingapore BirthdayMIUI 50 Million UsersDiwali Happy DiwaliFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 300K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamYouth PledgeStar Of IconsUpdates LoverAndroid GuruMIUI FB FollowerInbox ZeroApp Review StarMIUI Medals CollectorPioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Die-hard MIUI FanMost Active MIUIerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat

10:03, Jul-14-2014 | From PC
|
May i ask if rooting the MiPad will void the warranty provided by XiaoMi?

Comment

allakazoo Just unroot and factory reset. Nobody needs to know what you do to your pad. :)  06:23, Jul-15-2014

Elite Member

Ex - Mod | Beta & Device T

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
558 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Story TellerMi TV 70Mi HomeMi BoxMi BandMi KeyMi VR HeadsetMi In-Ear HeadphonesNinebot MiniMi Notebook AirMijia Qi CycleUnlock MedalXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2016Awesome!MIUI 7FlashholicMIUI 8MIUI 6MarshmallowMIUI 2015Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestMi 3RedmiXiaomi Mi 4Redmi Note 3Redmi 1SMi TVRedmi NoteRedmi 2Mi 4iHappy Valentine's Day2014 ChristmasMIUI 7th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Bangladesh600K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From BrazilMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 100 Million UsersThanksgiving DayHappy Diwali300K Forum MembersMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan From Philippines2 Million Forum Members1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI IndiaDiwali MIUI Fan From SingaporeHappy Singles' DaySingapore BirthdayAtaturk MourningHilal Ramadan 500K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasRooster Year of 2017Super TuesdaySurge S1I Love 2016MIUI World TourMIUI 300 Weeks1800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Spain1900K Forum MembersSuper ThursdayRocket to FutureSuper SundaySuper Wednesday90000 Forum MembersMIUI 9Super MondayMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI RussiaPuzzle MasterHappy Holi MedalUEFA EURO MedalPokemon Master Medal1 Million Forum Members1300K Forum Members5 Million Forum Posts900K Forum Members800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from Malaysia700K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryI Love Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyClass A Beta TeamMIUI Beta TeamMi TalentStar Of TechnologyMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorMi Story TellerOTA FeedbackMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatScroll Of WisdomMIUI Twitter FollowerForum Contest LoverInbox ZeroQuick SurveyMIUI FollowerRingtone Star OreoRedmi Note 3 ExplorerWallpaper ExpertMIUI Global Forum 2014Mi Bunny Game Master Mr. DependableStar Of IconsApp TalentDebate MasterApp TalentUpdates LoverDie-hard MIUI FanYouth PledgeAndroid GuruMi Lover MedalPioneer of MIUI English Forum Technology GuruMost Active MIUIerHumor MasterAndroid Elf

01:56, Jul-15-2014 | From PC
|
thanks for the tut will be helpful for lot of people :)
My phone lost its virginity to MIUI
Edit-Change-Delete MiA/C
http://en.miui.com/thread-31763-1-1.html
MIUI 6/7/8 FastBoot Flashing Guide
http://en.miui.com/thread-112662-1-1.html

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 2S
Online time
36 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi HeadphonesMijia VR Play 2MIUI Devices ContestFantastic!I Love MIUISuper MondayHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Lucky FridayThanksgiving DaySurge S1I Love 2016MIUI 20171800K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017MIUI 91900K Forum Members10 Million Forum Posts300K Forum Members3500K Forum Members3 Million Forum MembersHappy New YearSuper SundayMiPopI Love Mi BunnyMIUI FollowerMIUI Quick DiscussionMIUI King8 Million Forum MembersForum Contest Lover2017 Annual AwardsMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfTechnology GuruDie-hard MIUI Fan

16:44, Jul-15-2014 | From PC
|
Which rom  did you  install after rooting?

Comment

allakazoo I was on dev ROM 4.7.11 when I rooted. I did not install a new ROM upon root.  16:54, Jul-15-2014

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
12:32, Jul-20-2014 | From PC
|
I followed the instructions but vRoot says it failed to root. Tried other software all failed. Checked vRoot's support page apparently MiPad not supported

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 4c
Online time
621 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi Router MiniMi Power BankMi Band 2Mi KeyMi BandNinebot MiniMi Portable WiFiMi HomeMi BoxXiaomi 6 LaunchMi VRMIUI 6MIUI 2015I Love MIUIAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI 7MIUI 2016MIUI 8FlashholicMi 3Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi NoteMi 4iRedmi 2Mi TVRedmiMi PadMid-Autumn Festival1st AnniversaryDiwali 300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 4th AnniversarySingapore BirthdayHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From PhilippinesAtaturk MourningMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI V5 ReviewHappy DiwaliMerry Christmas500K Forum MembersUEFA EURO Medal700K Forum Members2014 ChristmasThanksgiving Day900K Forum MembersMIUI 5th Anniversary600K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's Day800K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Forum AppSuper TuesdayFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan from Turkey3500K Forum MembersMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI Australia2100K Forum MembersMIUI World TourGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamMIUI Device TeamMIUI Medals CollectorTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalMIUI KingAndroid GuruMi TalentMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatHumor MasterMr. DependableStar Of IconsDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Photography Team MemberOTA FeedbackUpdates LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014Inbox ZeroForum Contest LoverYouth PledgeScroll Of WisdomMr. Post the MostStar MIUI News Team MemberMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Photography Classroom TeacherDebate MasterMIUI ExpertMIUI Photography GuruBest ArticleMIUI FollowerStar Of MIUI Device TeamIndustrious ReporterMIUI Device ExpertPioneer of MIUI English Forum

Author| 14:34, Jul-20-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by allakazoo at 14:36, Jul-20-2014
skillful20 replied at 2014-7-20 12:32
I followed the instructions but vRoot says it failed to root. Tried other software all failed. Check ...

Which version of ROM are you on? Stable or Dev? BTW, the screen captures in my post are from my computer, with my MiPad connected and rooting.

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
21:08, Jul-20-2014 | From PC
|
Not sure. I think it's the one that came with the phone, which was bought from China

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 4c
Online time
621 Hours
Send PM

Author| 21:15, Jul-20-2014 | From PC
|
skillful20 replied at 2014-7-20 21:08
Not sure. I think it's the one that came with the phone, which was bought from China

If you have not done anything to it, it is the Stable ROM. The naming convention is
KXFCNBF2.0
the number behind being the version of the ROM. I didn't try rooting the MiPad while it's on the Stable ROM, so cannot answer you. Sorry.

Credits
Device
Online time
19 Hours
Send PM
08:20, Jul-21-2014 | From PC
|
Yea I cant find developer options on the settings screen. Is there some way to activate that?

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list