Mods are not Xiaomi employees

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
916 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi KeyUnlock MedalMi Power StripMi BandMi Band 2Xiaomi 6 LaunchMi  BunnyMi Power BankMi VR HeadsetMagic CubeMi Bluetooth SpeakerXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 6MIUI 2016MIUI 8MIUI 2015Awesome!Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestFlashholicI Love MIUIXiaomi Mi 4Mi 3Mi 54 Million Forum MembersMi Note300K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 300 WeeksUEFA EURO MedalHilal Ramadan 1300K Forum Members5 Million Forum Posts1 Million Forum Members800K Forum Members500K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 5th AnniversaryXiaomi 5th Anniversary700K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaXiaomi 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI IndiaMid-Autumn FestivalMerry ChristmasMIUI 100 Million Users2014 ChristmasMIUI Forum App3 Million Forum MembersSuper MondaySuper ThursdayMIUI Happy Medal10 Million Forum PostsSuper Wednesday600K Forum MembersSurge S1Women's Day MedalSuper Friday5 Million Forum App Installs90000 Forum Members100k Forum MembersMIUI 4th Anniversary3500K Forum MembersSuper TuesdayHappy Holi MedalSuper SaturdaySuper SundayMIUI Drawing TalentHappy New YearI Love 20161400K Forum Members1800K Forum Members2100K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliDiwali 1500K Forum MembersPokemon Master Medal1700K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017Rooster Year of 2017Rocket to Future1900K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMiPopSummer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamForum Contest LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014OTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerMr. DependableYouth PledgeMi Lover MedalMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerWallpaper ExpertMIUI SuperstarTechnology GuruApp TalentMost Active MIUIerApp TalentMi Story TellerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatOff-Topic TalentMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Resources TeamHumor MasterMi TalentMIUI Medals CollectorScroll Of WisdomPioneer of MIUI English Forum Debate MasterUpdates LoverMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruInbox ZeroAndroid Elf

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] How To Check Boot loader Lock Status & Relock

[ Promote]
164462 315 |
02:08, May-11-2016 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by yougotmehere at 19:07, Nov-07-2016

Hello MIUIer's,

Offlately, i have seen lot of posts on the forum about how to check whether the device bootloader is locked or unlocked and to some extent they were always confusing till the time i came across a simple tip of checking the status as easy as you would have ever imagined. Further to my frustration, i learnt that you would have to go through the whole process of flashing a fastboot pckg through MiFlash while manually selecting the Flash_All_Lock bat file afresh incase the bootloader needed to be locked again. I am a vivid user of technology and love to tinker a lot.

Here are the simple steps incase you need to check the status of bootloader and re-lock it again w/o much hassles and having to go through the whole process of re-flash.

Pre-Requisite:
ADB, Fastboot and Device Drivers.

1. Enter Your Device in the Fastboot Mode (Shut Down The Device. Hold Volume (-) along with the Power Button to enter into the fastboot mode or use ADB commands if you're an advanced user.

2. Once in fastboot mode, open an elevated command from the folder that you just extracted.

3. Type fastboot devices to check if your device is being recognised  by your PC.Refer to the below pic

1.jpg

4. So far so good. Type fastboot oem device-info and you should be greeted with the device status.

3.jpg

5. Incase your Device Bootloder is unlocked, you'll get the following status as below in pic.

2.jpg

6. Looking to lock the bootloader again? Simply type fastboot oem lock

4.jpg

7. Type fastboot oem device-info to check the status followed by fastboot reboot to reboot back to normal.

5.jpg

I truely appreciate the policy of Xiaomi of locking the bootloader which has been thoroughly researched to keep their consumers safe and sound from any suspicious attacks and i personally don't recommend unlocking bootloaders until it is higly desireable and you don't mind compromising on your device security.

Warning: Pls don't attempt to lock your bootloaders with TWRP or any custom recovery's installed. It might just result in an unrecovereable hard brick. Bootloaders should always be locked with stock recoveries.

Favorite213 Share

Rated by 81 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

aaurnab + 1 Great!
srsakib + 5 Great!
sumandey131 + 1 Thanks!
panku152 + 2 Thanks!
elnegron + 1 Thanks!
iamfarao + 1 Thanks!
MiPhoneOwner + 1 Fantastic!
UVPhone + 1 Great!
1683497491 + 1 Thanks!
BrunoF5 + 1 Great!
claribaonweb + 1 Thanks for this guide :)
wocke + 1 Thanks!
jcunltd + 2 Thanks!
tokko2 + 1 Awesome, easy and to the point!
rockyrodger + 1 Fantastic!
cassedy + 1 Fantastic!
trojanvirus0101 + 1 Thanks!
nikhilpatil5354 + 2 Thanks!
trahin + 2 Great!
fangmi5 + 1 Awesome! followed your guide just now a
H4RDCORE44 + 1 Awesome!
halewi + 1 Thanks!
1622898367 + 1 Thanks!
SofiaSam4 + 1 Thanks!
mikesepul + 1 Great!
Rodolfo79 + 1 Fantas<span id="transmark"
vivek97 + 1 Thanks!

Experience +126  Prestige +4  View Rating Log

Here to help
Moderators Are Not Xiaomi Employees

Credits
Device
Mi 5 Pro
MIUI Version
V8.2.1.0.NAACNEB
Online time
21 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 2017

23:09, May-13-2016 | From PC
|
Can Encryption reactivated if you lock the bootloader via this command? What about an existing TWRP flash?

I guess most people will have installed TWRP after unlocking the bootloader which basically requires removal of encryption.

Comment

yougotmehere Don't ever attempt to lock a bootloader while having a custom recovery. It may result in a damage more than just a bootloop. Encryption needs a locked bootloader thus not possible in this case.  11:49, May-14-2016

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
34 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMi 5MIUI 2017

01:23, Dec-06-2016 | Via mobile
|
I got permission to unlock my device  few days ago.then i have tried several times to unlock my device with mi unlockflash tool.but everytimes it showed "couldn't verify your device "at  50 %.but today i have checked adb fastboot command prompt and this result is shown..how it could be happen?
IMG_20161205_185035.jpg

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
916 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi KeyUnlock MedalMi Power StripMi BandMi Band 2Xiaomi 6 LaunchMi  BunnyMi Power BankMi VR HeadsetMagic CubeMi Bluetooth SpeakerXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 6MIUI 2016MIUI 8MIUI 2015Awesome!Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestFlashholicI Love MIUIXiaomi Mi 4Mi 3Mi 54 Million Forum MembersMi Note300K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 300 WeeksUEFA EURO MedalHilal Ramadan 1300K Forum Members5 Million Forum Posts1 Million Forum Members800K Forum Members500K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 5th AnniversaryXiaomi 5th Anniversary700K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaXiaomi 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI IndiaMid-Autumn FestivalMerry ChristmasMIUI 100 Million Users2014 ChristmasMIUI Forum App3 Million Forum MembersSuper MondaySuper ThursdayMIUI Happy Medal10 Million Forum PostsSuper Wednesday600K Forum MembersSurge S1Women's Day MedalSuper Friday5 Million Forum App Installs90000 Forum Members100k Forum MembersMIUI 4th Anniversary3500K Forum MembersSuper TuesdayHappy Holi MedalSuper SaturdaySuper SundayMIUI Drawing TalentHappy New YearI Love 20161400K Forum Members1800K Forum Members2100K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliDiwali 1500K Forum MembersPokemon Master Medal1700K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017Rooster Year of 2017Rocket to Future1900K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMiPopSummer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamForum Contest LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014OTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerMr. DependableYouth PledgeMi Lover MedalMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerWallpaper ExpertMIUI SuperstarTechnology GuruApp TalentMost Active MIUIerApp TalentMi Story TellerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatOff-Topic TalentMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Resources TeamHumor MasterMi TalentMIUI Medals CollectorScroll Of WisdomPioneer of MIUI English Forum Debate MasterUpdates LoverMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruInbox ZeroAndroid Elf

Author| 13:36, Jul-13-2016 | From PC
|
apurvapatel replied at 2016-7-12 15:49
Thanks for the info @yougotmehere
I want to know 2 more things.
1. If I want to lock my bootloader  ...

1. No
2. I have done the lock-unlock process more than 5 times by now. Every time i used the unlocking tool, it said that i already had the unlocking approval so i guess you won't have to request again. Use at your own risk !

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

apurvapatel + 1 Thanks!

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Here to help

Credits
Device
Mi 5 Pro
MIUI Version
V8.2.2.0.NAAMIEB
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM
17:48, Jan-03-2017 | From PC
|
cresfang replied at 2017-1-3 12:55
If I relock my bootloader, do I need to request the unlock code again to re-unlock it in the future?

Nope, no need. To re-unlock the bootloader, just re-unlock the bootloader with the MiUnlock http://miuirom.xiaomi.com/rom/u265827351/1.1.1111.1123/miflash_unlock-1.1.1111.1123.zip

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
916 Hours
Send PM

Author| 18:31, Sep-03-2016 | From PC
|
Dinasoft replied at 2016-9-3 15:27
@yougotmehere

By using this we can lock again.

Only lock through adb. Unlock would have to be done through the Mi Unlock tool. Once unlocking permission is granted, you don't have to request again for unlock. Just hook your phone to the tool and follow the steps to unlock.

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

Dinasoft + 2 Thanks Mate.....!!!

Experience +2  View Rating Log

Here to help

Supreme Member

Positive anything is better

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
698 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi WiFi RouterMi Power BankMi T-ShirtMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Bluetooth SpeakerMIUI 2015MIUI 7Awesome!MIUI 2016MIUI 8I Love MIUIFantastic!FlashholicRedmi Note 3Mi TVMi 4cRedmi 2Redmi Note 2Mi PadRedmi NoteThanksgiving DayHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan from India1400K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Indonesia900K Forum Members800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI HalloweenDiwali 1 Million Forum Members1300K Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 6th AnniversaryHappy New YearMIUI Fan from TurkeyMerry ChristmasUEFA EURO MedalSummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI FB FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalMIUI Twitter FollowerWallpaper TalentStar Of IconsMIUI Wallpaper ContestMi TalentMi Bunny Game Master MIUI G+ FollowerTechnology GuruScroll Of WisdomForum Contest LoverHumor MasterRingtone Star Pioneer of MIUI English Forum Debate MasterAndroid GuruInbox ZeroOTA FeedbackMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FollowerMIUI Resources TeamAndroid ElfRingtone MasterMIUI Photography GuruYouth PledgeWallpaper Expert

02:48, May-11-2016 | From PC
|
Thnx For Sharing it

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
84 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesXiaomi 6 LaunchMi HeadphonesMi Power BankFantastic!MarshmallowI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8MIUI 2016Mi 5Mi 4cPokemon Master MedalHilal Ramadan 5 Million Forum PostsOlympics Medal1300K Forum MembersMIUI Forum App300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI AustraliaSuper TuesdayMIUI Font LoverXiaomi 6th AnniversaryRocket to FutureMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 2017MIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Beta TeamMIUI KingMIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanRingtone Star Mi Lover MedalHumor MasterTheme TalentScroll Of WisdomAndroid ElfDebate MasterTechnology Guru

02:50, May-11-2016 | From PC
|
come in handy.. thank you for the info..
and i got the result.. locked bootloader.. yay..

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
34 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!1400K Forum MembersDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI Fan

02:57, May-11-2016 | From PC
|
That helps a lot!!! Thanks

MIUI Beta Team - China

❤❤❤ MIUI ❤❤❤

Credits
Device
Mi Max 32GB
MIUI Version
Online time
941 Hours
Send PM

Mi VR HeadsetMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Power BankMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi WiFi RouterMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi USB FanMi T-ShirtMijia Story TellerMi TV 70Mi Power StripMi BandUnlock MedalMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Band 2Mi  BunnyMi BoxMi HomeYeelight Bedside LampMi KeyXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowMIUI 7MIUI 6I Love MIUIFantastic!FlashholicMIUI 2015Awesome!MIUI 8MIUI 2016Mi 3Mi 1Mi NoteRedmi 3SRedmi Note 3Mi TVMi Max Mi PadMi Pad 2Mi 4SRedmi 1SMi 5Xiaomi Mi 4Mi 4cMi Note ProRedmi 3Redmi Note 2Mi 5 ProRedmiRedmi ProRedmi NoteMi 4iRedmi Note 4Redmi 2Mi 22014 ChristmasFan Of MIUI BangladeshXiaomi 5th AnniversaryHilal Ramadan 800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 5th Anniversary500K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanFan Of MIUI IndiaI Love 2016MIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 300K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017Super SaturdayMIUI Fan From Indonesia1st AnniversaryMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI 4th AnniversaryRocket to FutureMIUI Fan from IndiaHappy DiwaliDiwali Happy Singles' DayWomen's Day MedalThanksgiving Day1 Million Forum App InstallsSuper WednesdayAtaturk MourningSuper Thursday3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Halloween10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Fan from Turkey700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From VietnamMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Weekly Poll5 Million Forum PostsMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI World TourMIUI Forum AppMi Live MedalMIUI Marathon MedalFan Of MIUI PolandMalaysia AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Brazil2100K Forum MembersUEFA EURO Medal1300K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From NepalOlympics MedalFan Of MIUI Spain1900K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th Anniversary1400K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From MyanmarFan Of MIUI ItalyFan Of MIUI Russia900K Forum Members1800K Forum Members1700K Forum MembersPokemon Master Medal1 Million Forum MembersFan of MIUI MyanmarHappy New YearSuper TuesdayMerry Christmas1500K Forum MembersSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Beta TeamYouth PledgeStar Of IconsAndroid GuruApp MasterMost Active MIUIerMaster Of TechnologyStar Of TechnologyUpdates LoverDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FollowerScroll Of WisdomRingtone TalentDebate MasterMIUI Twitter FollowerWallpaper ExpertMi Story TellerMIUI Medals CollectorWallpaper StarMi Bunny Game Master Ringtone Star App TalentMi TalentMIUI G+ FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Inbox ZeroMIUI ExpertTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverOTA FeedbackRedmi Quiz MasterMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatHumor MasterMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Wallpaper ContestApp StarAndroid ElfApp TalentMi Lover MedalMr. DependableMIUI Global Forum 2014

02:05, May-12-2016 | From PC
|
awesome share,thanks

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
177 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi BandXiaomi 6 LaunchMi HeadphonesMIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI 8Mi 5Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi Note 3MIUI Weekly PollRocket to Future1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 300 Weeks1500K Forum MembersHappy New YearMerry ChristmasAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyAndroid ElfDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruUpdates LoverMi Lover MedalStar Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverDebate MasterMaster Of TechnologyTechnology GuruWallpaper Expert

20:37, May-12-2016 | From PC
|
This post was edited by egold70 at 20:39, May-12-2016

Thanks for the info
Question: what happens if you type "fastboot oem unlock" without receiving unlock confirmation from Xiaomi?
The security reasons behind locked bootloader are clear but for large user community part there is no other choice but to unlock it in order to be able to use proper language or use latest version which is available in Chinese roms only. Excellent example is Mi4`s global rom which dates 5-6 months back on 7.1.2 while China Stable is on 7.3.2 and will be shortly on 7.4 or even 8. That`s why many users prefer custom(xiaomi.eu or others) roms instead of flashing China with cumbersome gapps install and localized apps in Chinese
No real security problems noted on devices that were always unlocked as MI3, Mi4, Mi Note

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
V8.1.2.0.MAAMIDI
Online time
70 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi BandMIUI 8MIUI 2016Fantastic!Mi 55 Million Forum Posts1300K Forum Members1400K Forum Members

21:16, May-12-2016 | From PC
|
thank you

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s Plus
MIUI Version
V8.0.1.0.MBGMIDG
Online time
76 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMIUI 7Mi 5Xiaomi 6th Anniversary5 Million Forum PostsForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalTechnology GuruRedmi Quiz Master

16:57, May-13-2016 | From PC
|
Thank you!

Credits
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
MIUI Version
V8.1.3.0.MBECNDI
Online time
124 Hours
Send PM

Yeelight Bedside LampMi BandMIUI 8I Love MIUIMIUI 7Fantastic!MIUI 2016Awesome!Redmi Note 2800K Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI Forum AppUEFA EURO Medal1400K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersSummer Mi BunnyUpdates LoverMIUI FollowerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi TalentTechnology GuruDie-hard MIUI FanOTA FeedbackMr. DependableAndroid ElfAndroid Guru

17:13, May-13-2016 | From PC
|
Thanks for the info !!!
"Wars come and go but my soldiers stay eternal" - Tupac Shakur

Credits
Device
Mi 5 Pro
MIUI Version
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM

1700K Forum Members

20:02, May-13-2016 | From PC
|
Does anyone knows the difference between device unlocked and device critical unlocked?

My phone has Device unlocked FALSE and device critical unlocked TRUE.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list