Happy to Help!!

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
708 Hours
Send PM

Yeelight Bedside LampMi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMi  BunnyMIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI 6Fantastic!Awesome!MIUI 8Xiaomi Mi 4Mi 3Mi TVRedmiRedmi Note 3Mi 4cPokemon Master MedalMIUI Fan from MalaysiaDiwali MIUI 300 WeeksHappy Diwali1400K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th Anniversary2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan From PhilippinesUEFA EURO Medal1500K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamStar Of IconsMIUI FB FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverAndroid GuruPioneer of MIUI English Forum Inbox ZeroForum Contest LoverDebate MasterRedmi Quiz MasterMi Lover MedalScroll Of WisdomYouth PledgeMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FollowerMIUI Device ExpertTechnology GuruMi TalentMIUI Global Forum 2014

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] [DEVICE TEAM] Fix Late Notifications!! Get all your notifications instantly!!

[ Promote]
44523 223 |
14:00, Apr-20-2016 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by Raaj52 at 23:51, Apr-20-2016

Banner.jpg

Hello MIUI-er's,       

In today's world your smartphone lets you stay updated with your social accounts, email, and the online world, on the go. These phones have notifications that alert you of any new updates or mesages on your social accounts or any other installed applications. We all know that in MIUI, app restrictions are more stringent than any other ROM, due to these restrictions many of the app notifications are not meeting the timeline and delivers the notifications only after some certain period of time, that messages may be from our boss or our girlfriend or of urgent nature, and this makes notification delays - a big problem. The reasons may be of different ranges, starting from Google's cloud messaging to advanced battery modes, that enable apps to sleep instead of getting the notifications. In this thread I am sharing a solution for this delayed notification issue. I use whatsapp more than any other chat applications, so I am explaining with whatsapp but you can follow the same procedure for any app!!

Pre-requisite
1. You don't require root access for this. But if you have, then you can additionally do one more step.
2. You need to follow the steps properly.

Step 1.
  • Open security app
  • Select Permission Manager
  • Select settings Icon at the top right
  • Enable Permission Manager
  • Go back, Select Autostart--> Select whatsapp
  • Go back, Select Permissions-->Select whatsapp and accept permissions as in the screenshot.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 23.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

Step 2.
Go to Settings-->Installed Apps-->Under Downloaded, Whatsapp-->  Show Notifications--> Select options as per the screenshot.

8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg

Step 3.
Go to Settings-->Additional Settings-->  Battery-->Manage apps battery usage--> Choose App-->Select Whatsapp-->Select No restrictions

12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 22.jpg 16.jpg

Step 4.

• Open whatsapp
  • Press Home button (center button)
  • Press Menu button (left button)
  • Swipe down the whatsapp icon
  • Now you can see a lock symbol in the icon.

17.jpg 18.jpg

Additional step for Rooted User's

Note: This is for users having root access, they should start with this step and follow from Step 1.
  • Download Link2SD from here.
  • Give superuser permissions when asks.
  • Select whatsapp from user app's.
  • Click the three dot's and select "convert to system app".
  • Reboot your phone.

Warning : Once you convert an app to system app, you won't be able to remove the app from you phone. For removal you have to convert it back to user app.

19.jpg 20.jpg 21.jpg

Now onwards you won't miss any notifications, everything will be instantly delivered to you,
No more delay!! No more break-up's!!

Note: If any of the app you are using still having any issuses in showing notification, please let me know by replying with the name of the app, I will check and try to find a solution for you.

Favorite50 Share

Rated by 56 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

sahatmrt + 1 Great!
ninodidieu + 1 Awesome!
nileshpawar + 5 Agreed!
miuki123 + 1 Great!
Vikas869 + 2 Thanks!
Dobriii + 1 Awesome!
andrey@records + 2 Thanks!
a3999jose + 5 Thanks!
sbrasn_techno + 1 Awesome!
shravanram + 1 great!
LauEugen + 2 Thanks!
Ogait + 1 Awesome!
sergeygreyfox + 2 Agreed!
pumastuka + 2 Awesome!
naman1208 + 1 Thanks!
Kamrul + 1 Fantastic!
denise_amiga + 1 Awesome!
caribbean88 + 1 Thanks!
saeeshaurya + 1 Awesome!
PeteLim99 + 1 Thanks!
ny21k + 2 Great!
ansarifauwaz + 5 Awesome!
ProtSe + 1 Thanks!
saudken + 5 Fantastic!
LucaF. + 1 Thanks!
OAR77 + 1 Great!
Dasari5 + 1 Awesome!

Experience +130  Prestige +15  View Rating Log

Elite Member

Happy to Help!!

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
708 Hours
Send PM

Yeelight Bedside LampMi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMi  BunnyMIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI 6Fantastic!Awesome!MIUI 8Xiaomi Mi 4Mi 3Mi TVRedmiRedmi Note 3Mi 4cPokemon Master MedalMIUI Fan from MalaysiaDiwali MIUI 300 WeeksHappy Diwali1400K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th Anniversary2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan From PhilippinesUEFA EURO Medal1500K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamStar Of IconsMIUI FB FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverAndroid GuruPioneer of MIUI English Forum Inbox ZeroForum Contest LoverDebate MasterRedmi Quiz MasterMi Lover MedalScroll Of WisdomYouth PledgeMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FollowerMIUI Device ExpertTechnology GuruMi TalentMIUI Global Forum 2014

Author| 22:40, Apr-28-2016 | Via mobile
|
Shiranbl replied at 2016-4-28 13:24
I did. all of them. still nothing. Whatsapp actually works fine, my problem is more with the Outlo ...

Outlook have issues like syncing with microsoft servers, that may be the reason.

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
V7.2.13.0.MAACNDB
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
18:14, Apr-27-2016 | Via mobile
|
hi there...I use mi5 and I still got the problem..

Credits
Device
Mi 5 Pro
MIUI Version
V8.1.4.0.MAAMIDI
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
18:23, Apr-20-2016 | From PC
|
This is exactly what I need! You're giving so much help! Thank you! Anyone who has the same problem should come and have a look.

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
64 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Band 2Mi VRMi TV 70Mi WiFi Router MiniUnlock MedalMi HomeMijia Story TellerXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIMIUI 8FlashholicMIUI 7MIUI 2016Redmi Note 3Redmi 34 Million Forum MembersRedmi 3SFan Of MIUI SpainThanksgiving Day2100K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy DiwaliRooster Year of 2017MIUI Fan from IndiaUEFA EURO MedalFan Of MIUI GreeceHilal Ramadan 1300K Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 300 Weeks1500K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersMIUI Forum App1700K Forum MembersMid-Autumn FestivalDiwali I Love 20163 Million Forum App InstallsSuper SaturdayMIUI Font Lover5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017Super WednesdaySurge S1Rocket to FutureSuper SundaySuper Thursday90000 Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI 7th Anniversary300K Forum Members1900K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI World Tour3500K Forum MembersWomen's Day MedalHappy Holi MedalPuzzle MasterHappy Valentine's DaySuper TuesdayMIUI Lucky FridayHappy New YearFan Of MIUI ItalyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewAndroid ElfMIUI Medals CollectorMost Active MIUIerTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalYouth PledgeMi Bunny Game Master Forum Contest LoverDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatIndia Independence DayMIUI ExpertRingtone Star Star Of TechnologyDebate MasterUpdates LoverMi TalentMi Story TellerMaster Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomMIUI Twitter FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI FollowerHumor MasterMIUI FB Follower

19:19, Apr-20-2016 | From PC
|
thanks a lot!

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
60 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Bluetooth SpeakerAwesome!MIUI 2016MarshmallowI Love MIUIMIUI 8Fantastic!Mi 4cMi TVUEFA EURO MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryPokemon Master MedalMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 300 WeeksHappy Valentine's Day10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersHappy Holi MedalMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI 20171500K Forum MembersMid-Autumn FestivalMi Live MedalGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FB FollowerTechnology GuruMi Bunny Game Master Android ElfMIUI KingForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalMIUI FollowerAndroid Guru

19:49, Apr-20-2016 | From PC
|
Thanks for your info

Credits
Device
Mi 5 Pro
MIUI Version
V8.1.4.0.MAAMIDI
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
19:59, Apr-20-2016 | From PC
|
I've tested and it works. But I'm not sure if the only efficient step is the last one---swipe down the app icon and keep it locked and always open...

Elite Member

Happy to Help!!

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
708 Hours
Send PM

Author| 20:08, Apr-20-2016 | Via mobile
|
Mi_926238645 replied at 2016-4-20 17:29
I've tested and it works. But I'm not sure if the only efficient step is the last one---swipe down t ...

I have checked everything before posting this, if you lock the app in memory it won't get killed but notification will get delayed due to the restrictions due to battery use.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 3
MIUI Version
V7.2.7.0.LHPCNDB
Online time
146 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 2016MarshmallowI Love MIUIMIUI 8Redmi 3UEFA EURO MedalPokemon Master MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum AppFan Of MIUI IndiaForum Contest LoverInbox ZeroMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FB FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerAndroid ElfMr. DependableTechnology GuruMIUI FollowerMi Lover MedalMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatScroll Of Wisdom

03:38, Apr-21-2016 | From PC
|
Thanks

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.2.10.0.MCFMIDL
Online time
84 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi Power BankMi Power Bank 10000MAH Unlock MedalXiaomi 6 LaunchMIUI 7MIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI 8Redmi Note 3MIUI Lucky Friday1700K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalXiaomi 5th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI BangladeshI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterAndroid ElfTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverMIUI Medals Collector

06:21, Apr-21-2016 | From PC
|
Or you just convert the Google services to system apps, works for me

Elite Member

Happy to Help!!

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
708 Hours
Send PM

Author| 07:26, Apr-21-2016 | Via mobile
|
This post was edited by Raaj52 at 04:58, Apr-21-2016
szeged replied at 2016-4-21 03:51
Or you just convert the Google services to system apps, works for me

For Redmi Note 3 Google services are system apps already and still notifications are delayed due to the aggressive default battery profile.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi Max
MIUI Version
V8.0.1.0.LHNCNDG
Online time
2417 Hours
Send PM

Yeelight Bedside LampUnlock MedalMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi BandMi HomeMi Power BankMi WiFi Router MiniI Love MIUIMIUI 2015Fantastic!MIUI 8MIUI 7MIUI 2016MarshmallowAwesome!Mi TVMi Note ProRedmi 1SRedmi Note 2Redmi Note 3Mi Max Mi 55 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 5th Anniversary1300K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayMIUI Fan from IndiaHilal Ramadan Xiaomi 6th AnniversaryUEFA EURO Medal500K Forum Members1700K Forum Members1500K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Lucky FridayMid-Autumn FestivalMi Live MedalFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From MyanmarMIUI 6th AnniversaryOlympics MedalMIUI 300 Weeks300K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI FB FollowerDebate MasterMi TalentInbox ZeroMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Wallpaper ContestMi Story TellerMIUI FollowerMaster Of TechnologyTechnology GuruMr. DependableMi Lover MedalMi Bunny Game Master Die-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruWallpaper ExpertForum Contest LoverYouth PledgeAndroid Elf

10:18, Apr-21-2016 | From PC
|
Very useful TIP, thanks for sharing !

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list