Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4S
MIUI Version
Online time
61 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMIUI 2015MIUI 7MIUI 2016Awesome!Redmi Note 3Mi 5Xiaomi 6th Anniversary1300K Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsHappy New Year1 Million Forum MembersAndroid GuruDebate MasterAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomMi Lover MedalForum Contest Lover

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] Install Multilang Rom (V7.2.5), TWRP & Root For Mi4S on Locked Bootloader!!

[ Promote]
49116 233 |
18:45, Mar-29-2016 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by pumastuka at 06:23, Mar-13-2017

As in all works to do, lets start "IN THE NAME OF THE ONE AND THE ONLY GOD"

Hi folks, If you have unlocking bootloader problems, here is a tutorial for easy unlocking bootloader and installing twrp, root and multilang roms.

Firstly, all credits goes to Thomas who is the guy behind this perfect work!! I will try to explain his way and add some more files for you.

What we can do with this thread:
1. Flash Xiaomi 4s (Unbrick),
2. UNLOCK bootloader! (without unlock.mi website)
3. Flash MultiLanguage ROM onLocked Bootloader
4. Install TWRP Recovery(English)
5. Root the Rom with SuperSu

Steps: (BE CAREFUL, THE PROCESS IS RISKY, DONT TRY IF YOU DONT WANT WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!)

Please be noted we (thomas and I :)) will not take any responsibility for anything happened to your device. Use Windows 64-Bit, users having issue on 32-Bit Windows. You may face this error " Not enough storage to process this command"
Important: Before flashing it is advised to take the backup of data and make sure that your phone battery is charged enough.(at least %60)

1. Download and install Install the MiFlash here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24421527759885497
2. Download and extract ROM and Tools here: https://mega.nz/#!yd8jBY7Z!umQuveopRTFlJcZeAK_3VXCypjrm2mt24hLbfIgpbCU
3. Download Root file SuperSu here: https://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/
4. Power off your xiaomi Mi 4S,then go to fastboot mode by Volume Down and Power button.
5. Click the Mi4S EDL.cmd, andyour phone will enter in EDL download mode with Red Led.

6. Make sure you have install the QualcommHS-USB QDLoader 9008 Driver
you can find the driver in MiFlash directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Xiaomi\MiPhone\Qualcomm\Driver\

7. Open MiFlash, Browser and loadthe Mi4S Multi Language ROM, Refresh, you will see COMXX in the Device, Then press“Flash

8. Once flashing process completes, Remove the cable and keep Power Button pressed until it Vibrates. The Device will start, wait patiently, it can take up to 5 Minutes.

Now you have an unlocked Mi 4S with Multilanguage.

9. To install the TWRP recovery , just follow the step 4 to go to fastboot mode again,  and run the Mi4S TWRP.cmd .

10. Finally, to root the device, copy the downloaded SuperSu zip file to sdcard directory and install it from TWRP and you are done!

After installing TWRP, you may install which rom you want. Xiaomi.eu and smiui.net roms are also working with this way.

Dont hesitate to rate the topic!
rate.JPG

Thanks again Thomas!!

Enjoy freedom now! Be careful! If you want to keep your bootloader unlocked! Update your roms over xiaomi.eu custom roms! Always seek before update the rom to stay free.

Any questions are welcome....

Favorite35 Share

Rated by 60 people   Experience Reason  

cris3 + 1 Thanks!
antoshka.vz + 1 Great!
djbigice + 1 Great!
batsudawa + 1 Awesome!
24wibowo + 1 Thanks!
pmandky + 1 Great!
sanzNya + 1 Thanks!
Klucza + 1 Great!
pufik21 + 1 Спасибо!
jpgomes + 1 Thanks!
dHy_baKK + 1 Awesome!
Zenex_61 + 1 Great!
Kiswum + 5 Fantastic!
3ko1sk1 + 1 Great!
F4bri + 1 Thanks!
Giannis68 + 1 Great!
ayahadi + 1 Fantastic!
Zydkowsky + 1 Great!
nasif86 + 1 Awesome!
34005palencia + 1 Thanks!
Vexelius + 1 Great!
alexomsk66 + 1 Thanks!
Hadika + 1 Fantastic!
JDStar + 2 Great!
wars045 + 1 Agreed!
gromadsky + 1 Thanks!
ak82arekasia + 1 Great!

Experience +82  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Mi 2S
MIUI Version
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM
08:26, Jul-03-2016 | From PC
|
I received a brand new Mi4S today. In settings, the ROM version was specified as MIUI GLOBAL 7.3 (LAJCNDD)
However, it wasn't rooted and the bootloader was locked, so I decided to follow your tutorial... And it worked perfectly! Thank you very much for writing it!

However, I found some of problems during the process:
1) The QualcommHS-USB QDLoader 9008 Driver was shown with a yellow triangle in the Device Driver and the MiFlash showed an error when trying to flash it: "The system cannot find the file specified"

This happened because Windows 7 didn't want to install an unsigned driver, so I disabled this check following this guide: http://en.miui.com/thread-237673-1-1.html

After this step, the computer insisted in installing a driver for the " Relink hs-usb qdloader 9008" instead of installing the Qualcomm driver. I couldn't change the driver in the Device Manager, as my PC insisted that the Relink driver was "the best driver"

This was solved by uninstalling the  "Relink hs-usb qdloader 9008" in the device manager, rebooting and installing this version of the MiFlash Tool: http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=272376
and enabling USB debugging in the Developer Options (Tap 7 times on the ROM version in Settings / About Phone)

2) After I successfully installed the Multilanguage ROM, my computer stopped recognizing the Phone as a USB storage device. To solve this, I disabled USB debugging, disconnected the phone and connected it back to the PC.

Hope this can help any other user who is in the same situation as me! ;)

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

Zydkowsky + 1 Thanks!

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Mi 4S
MIUI Version
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM
14:25, Apr-25-2016 | From PC
|
I flashed my Mi4s with this tutorial on Windows 32-bit, afterwards i updated the ROM to the last release 7.3.1.0 of xiaomi.eu with TWRP. Everything worked fine.

Credits
Device
Mi 6
MIUI Version
Online time
68 Hours
Send PM

Mi Note 2MIUI 9MIUI FB Follower

11:08, Apr-25-2016 | From PC
|
this tutorial worked perfect for me without need to unlock bootloader, now I can install any xiaomi.eu rom. Thanks!!!!!!

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi Note Pro
MIUI Version
Online time
130 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 6Mi 2Fan Of MIUI FranceMIUI Beta TeamPioneer of MIUI English Forum Mi Lover Medal

02:39, Apr-25-2016 | From PC
|
pumastuka replied at 2016-4-18 03:09
Yes, v7.2.5 xiaomi.eu rom

Dear PUMSTUKA

Thank you so MUCH for YOUR PROCEDURE and ROM FILE PACK
to flash Mi4S from bootloader Blocked with China Stable ROM  to STABLE MULTILANGUAGE XIAIMO ROM

Thank YOU SO MUCH
My Mi4S is now in FRENCH with my prefered ROM XIAOMI.EU

now i will update to the last release 7.3 Stable Xiaomi.eu

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4S
MIUI Version
Online time
61 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMIUI 2015MIUI 7MIUI 2016Awesome!Redmi Note 3Mi 5Xiaomi 6th Anniversary1300K Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsHappy New Year1 Million Forum MembersAndroid GuruDebate MasterAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomMi Lover MedalForum Contest Lover

Author| 02:12, Apr-19-2016 | From PC
|
Bozo2000 replied at 2016-4-18 22:12
first of all thank you for the tutorial. I have one question.

If i flashed the linked ROM 7.2.5 acc ...

Yes, you may install any custom rom via TWRP without any problem. It is tested and working...

MIUI Device Team

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
V7.1.1.0.LHPCNCK
Online time
810 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickXiaomi 6 LaunchMi HomeMi Band 2Unlock MedalMi BandMijia Story TellerMi Bluetooth SpeakerXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!FlashholicMIUI 8Awesome!MarshmallowMIUI 7MIUI 2016I Love MIUIRedmi 1SXiaomi Mi 44 Million Forum MembersRedmi 3Mi 4SRedmi 2Fan Of MIUI BangladeshDiwali Rocket to FutureMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Weekly Poll5 Million Forum Posts1300K Forum MembersMIUI Forum App1700K Forum MembersMid-Autumn Festival300K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI 6th Anniversary1500K Forum MembersOlympics MedalMIUI 9MIUI 7th Anniversary1400K Forum Members1800K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI Russia5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper FridayMIUI Happy MedalI Love 2016Super Thursday1 Million Forum Members900K Forum MembersSuper Tuesday3500K Forum Members800K Forum MembersSuper MondaySuper Sunday10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017Surge S1MIUI Lucky FridayHappy New YearFan Of MIUI ItalySuper WednesdayMIUI 2017Women's Day MedalMIUI Monthly TalkGamer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalMaster Of TechnologyMIUI ExpertAndroid ElfMIUI Medals CollectorRingtone Star Scroll Of WisdomMIUI SuperstarUpdates LoverMIUI KingMi Bunny Game Master Mi Story TellerMIUI Device ExpertStar Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI Twitter FollowerDebate MasterMi TalentDie-hard MIUI Fan

17:01, Mar-30-2016 | Via mobile
|
pumastuka replied at 2016-3-30 09:52
The only solution for you, I think, fastboot here

http://en.miui.com/a-234.html

hey, something beautiful happened. thus morning I have connected my device to my laptop. Then the LED starts flashing, the Mi PC suite had started and began to flash a fastboot ROM. Now the device is fine. ...hooooray.
Will try your ROM later again.
thanks

Credits
Device
Mi 4S
MIUI Version
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMIUI 7Debate Master

04:49, Mar-30-2016 | From PC
|
I did it yesterday and it works
also managed to get additionals LTE bands

for the bricked problem, get the MIUI7 fastboot version and flash it through MI PC suite and recovery on the phone

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
12 Hours
Send PM
19:46, Mar-29-2016 | From PC
|
Somebody check this method?

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM
21:32, Mar-29-2016 | From PC
|
sidus29 replied at 2016-3-29 19:46
Somebody check this method?

Hi, just applied now without any problem.

enjoy

MIUI Device Team

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
V7.1.1.0.LHPCNCK
Online time
810 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickXiaomi 6 LaunchMi HomeMi Band 2Unlock MedalMi BandMijia Story TellerMi Bluetooth SpeakerXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!FlashholicMIUI 8Awesome!MarshmallowMIUI 7MIUI 2016I Love MIUIRedmi 1SXiaomi Mi 44 Million Forum MembersRedmi 3Mi 4SRedmi 2Fan Of MIUI BangladeshDiwali Rocket to FutureMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Weekly Poll5 Million Forum Posts1300K Forum MembersMIUI Forum App1700K Forum MembersMid-Autumn Festival300K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI 6th Anniversary1500K Forum MembersOlympics MedalMIUI 9MIUI 7th Anniversary1400K Forum Members1800K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI Russia5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper FridayMIUI Happy MedalI Love 2016Super Thursday1 Million Forum Members900K Forum MembersSuper Tuesday3500K Forum Members800K Forum MembersSuper MondaySuper Sunday10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017Surge S1MIUI Lucky FridayHappy New YearFan Of MIUI ItalySuper WednesdayMIUI 2017Women's Day MedalMIUI Monthly TalkGamer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalMaster Of TechnologyMIUI ExpertAndroid ElfMIUI Medals CollectorRingtone Star Scroll Of WisdomMIUI SuperstarUpdates LoverMIUI KingMi Bunny Game Master Mi Story TellerMIUI Device ExpertStar Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI Twitter FollowerDebate MasterMi TalentDie-hard MIUI Fan

22:34, Mar-29-2016 | Via mobile
|
Hey, please tell us how you did manage that? how have you unlock the bootloader with this method? is it safe?

MIUI Device Team

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
V7.1.1.0.LHPCNCK
Online time
810 Hours
Send PM

02:57, Mar-30-2016 | From PC
|
Oh, sh....I think i have bricked my brand new device. Flashed the ROM via MiFlash. And now nothing happens. Device does not start and does not enter the fastboot mode.
Can anyone help? Any idea?

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5 Pro
MIUI Version
Online time
219 Hours
Send PM

Mi TV 70Xiaomi 6 LaunchUnlock MedalMi Band 2Mi  BunnyXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowFantastic!Awesome!MIUI 8MIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestMi PadMi 5Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi Note 3Redmi Note 4XMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum AppMIUI 2017Xiaomi 6th AnniversarySuper SundaySuper Monday1500K Forum Members1700K Forum MembersRocket to FutureSurge S110 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Font LoverMid-Autumn Festival300K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Beta TeamMIUI FollowerMi Lover MedalTheme TalentDie-hard MIUI FanTechnology GuruMi Bunny Game Master Scroll Of WisdomAndroid GuruInbox ZeroMaster Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverMi TalentStar Of TechnologyOTA FeedbackDebate Master

04:05, Mar-30-2016 | Via mobile
|
Is it really safe?  I doubt.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4S
MIUI Version
Online time
61 Hours
Send PM

Author| 06:22, Mar-30-2016 | From PC
|
I tried the tools and files, no problem with my Mi4s, TWRP works perfect. But be careful on steps.

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
39 Hours
Send PM
13:31, Mar-30-2016 | From PC
|
Obside replied at 2016-3-30 04:49
I did it yesterday and it works
also managed to get additionals LTE bands

How have you get additionals LTE bands ?

Credits
Device
Mi 4S
MIUI Version
Online time
42 Hours
Send PM
14:58, Mar-30-2016 | Via mobile
|
thanks. this is fantastic

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list