MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 4
Online time
436 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesMIUI 6I Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 7Awesome!Fantastic!Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi 2Mi PadMi 3MIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 4th AnniversaryMid-Autumn Festival1st Anniversary2014 Christmas500K Forum MembersHappy Singles' Day300K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device ExpertMIUI Twitter FollowerSuper ModeratorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Global Forum 2014Android GuruUpdates LoverMIUI FollowerStar Of MIUI Device Team

[Tips & Tutorials] [MIUI Device Team]Working Google Play Store Tips for Developer Rom without Root!

[ Promote]
28254 68 |
16:29, Jun-21-2014 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by zardMi3 at 21:44, Dec-14-2015

ROM Flashing Tips - How to get Google Play Store Working on Developer Rom without Root!
I'm sure that many new Xiaomi users are keen to try out the latest developer roms (latest rom based on KitKat) for their respective device but are facing difficulties flashing!

This thread is prepared to help you!  

What's the difference between this thread from the other flashing guide threads? I'm going to share with you how to get Google Play Store working after you flash a new developer rom.  I tried this, this, this and this but all of them didn't work for me.

Here's the latest thread by Nanana on the latest MIUI ROM 4.6.20.  You will see the link to download the latest rom for your device.  In my case, it is for the Mi3.
There's a flashing guide link next to the developer rom download icon. You can follow the guide to flash your rom (if you happen to use the Fastboot method, note that the lastest developer rom for Mi3 are missing some files in the zip you downloaded.  Compare the stable version and you will know which files are missing.

In my case, my Mi3 has the stable rom for WCDMA Singapore.  After flashing the developer rom 4.6.20 using the Updater method, go into Mi-recovery by pressing buttons Volume+ and Power.

Do a Wipe Cache (don't be worried to see the wipe screen progress stay a long time at 98%, be patient and wait, it will complete) before rebooting your device.  
If you encounter errors, get back into Mi-recovery and do a Wipe Data.  Reboot.

In case you are not aware, the developer roms doesn't include Google Play Store.  As mentioned earlier, those methods didn't work for me.  The following method works for me.
1. Go to http://www.opengapps.org.  Select ARM, 4.4 and nano. Click to download.

2. Unzip it.

3. Copy the following apks to your device internal storage (by OTG cable or through USB cable connected to your Computer).

a. GoogleLoginService.apk
b. GoogleOneTimeInitializer.apk
c. GoogleServicesFramework.apkd. Phone sky.apk
e. PrebuiltGMSCore.apk
f. SetupWizard.apk

4. Click on each of them to install and reboot.

5. Look for Google Play Store icon and click on it.

6. Enjoy a working Google Play Store.

Favorite11 Share

Rated by 24 people   Experience Reason  

sajid8100 + 1 Great!
forevercool + 1 Great!
Wrony1119 + 3 Thanks!
aces170 + 1 Fantastic!
onlymukund + 1 Awesome!
Queen.Keira + 1 Awesome!
sutlvu + 1 Thanks!
Snakecharmrr + 1 Great!
afkakf + 1 Fantastic!
ussmrg + 3 Thanks!
bapu123 + 1 Awesome!
sakthi2724 + 1 Awesome!
victordg + 1 Thanks!
maZPri + 1 Thanks!
v1ctorong + 5 Fantastic!
1immortal + 1 Awesome!
InfoO2 + 1 Thanks!
115212260 + 2 Thanks!
blurjoey + 1 Wonderful... Wish I saw this earlier...
Klim87 + 1 Fantastic!
clarel + 10 Awesome!
KateZ + 10 Awesome!
leonlee82 + 1 Great!
DoxMAZz + 5 Awesome!

Experience +55  View Rating Log

Working Google Play Store Tips for Developer Rom without Root - Click
Sorting Apps Icons in Alphabetical Order - Step by Step Guide- Click
Troubleshoot Your Xiaomi Mi 3 Issues if Needed- Click

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 4
Online time
436 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesMIUI 6I Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 7Awesome!Fantastic!Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi 2Mi PadMi 3MIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 4th AnniversaryMid-Autumn Festival1st Anniversary2014 Christmas500K Forum MembersHappy Singles' Day300K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device ExpertMIUI Twitter FollowerSuper ModeratorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Global Forum 2014Android GuruUpdates LoverMIUI FollowerStar Of MIUI Device Team

Author| 11:27, Jun-23-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by zardMi3 at 13:19, Jun-23-2014
hydraprime replied at 2014-6-23 06:59
I came from stable Singapore version rom. After applying this update, I can't go back to the SG rom. ...

I know what you mean as I'm experiencing the same sort of issues.  I upgraded on Saturday (after trying very hard) and finally got it working.  Last night, I had system ui issues and had to Wipe Cache and Userdata in Mi-recovery.  I noticed that after I reboot, I was able to start from fresh.  On the other hand, some of my earlier apps were still there.  If it happens again, I'll try a Wipe All Data at the same time.

In your case, I suggest you do fastboot roms to return to WCDMA stable, then use the above method to flash the SG WCDMA stable rom.  I'm pretty sure it should work.
Edit on 23 Jun 14 @ 13:13:
Had issues again.  This time round, I did a "Wipe Cache" and "Wipe All Data".  Upon reboot and after initial setup, none of my installed apps remains.  The device storage also doesn't have any of the files that I had copied over from my USB OTG thumb drive.  So it seems that Wipe All Data seems to give the outcome of "format /data" in CWMR (ClockworkMod recovery).  The Wipe Cache is equivalent to "format /cache".   

My guess for "Wipe SD Card" in Mi-recovery maybe equivalent to "format /sytem" in CWMR.

Elite Member

Testing MIUI V6

Credits
Device
Nexus 5
Online time
400 Hours
Send PM

Mi Portable WiFiMi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMIUI 6I Love MIUIFlashholicAwesome!Mi 3RedmiRedmi NoteMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy Singles' DayMIUI V5 ReviewXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI India600K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Device TeamAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatPioneer of MIUI English Forum Updates LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014Humor MasterMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Twitter FollowerOTA FeedbackMIUI Follower

17:57, Jun-21-2014 | From PC
|
Thank you for sharing!!

Credits
Device
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM
06:59, Jun-23-2014 | From PC
|
I came from stable Singapore version rom. After applying this update, I can't go back to the SG rom. There's error updating even after wiping cache and data; I've tried updater and recovery.

Supreme Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note
Online time
672 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 6Mi 2RedmiRedmi Note300K Forum Members1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI Fan From SingaporeI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Device TeamAndroid GuruMIUI ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruMIUI Device ExpertMIUI Photography GuruStar Of MIUI Device TeamMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterMIUI Photography Team MemberApp StarMIUI SuperstarRedmi Quiz MasterMaster Of Technology

10:31, Jun-23-2014 | From PC
|
Excellent job Zard!

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Nexus 5
Online time
263 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIAwesome!Mi 3MIUI V5 ReviewFan Of MIUI ThailandMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu I Love Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Device TeamAndroid GuruOTA FeedbackMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerMIUI Expert

12:01, Jun-23-2014 | From PC
|
wow

Great Sharing

Credits
Device
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM
12:14, Jun-23-2014 | Via mobile
|
zardMi3 replied at 2014-6-23 11:27
I know what you mean as I'm experiencing the same sort of issues.  I upgraded on Saturday (after t ...

How do i do the fastboot roms? Sorry but im new to flashing. Thanks!

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 4
Online time
436 Hours
Send PM

Author| 12:27, Jun-23-2014 | From PC
|
hydraprime replied at 2014-6-23 12:14
How do i do the fastboot roms? Sorry but im new to flashing. Thanks!

It's stated in the link above.  Anyway, here's the direct link.  Fastboot rom flashing is the 3rd method.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 6
Online time
268 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi Router MiniMi BoxMi KeyMi BandMi MIXYeelight Bedside LampXiaomi 6 LaunchI Love MIUIFantastic!FlashholicMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 7MIUI 8MIUI 2015Awesome!MIUI 2016Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi NoteMi TVRedmi Note 2MIUI 100 Million UsersFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy Valentine's Day300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Hilal Ramadan Happy Singles' DayMIUI 9MIUI Fan From IndonesiaSingapore BirthdayThanksgiving Day500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI 300 WeeksUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Fan From Brazil5 Million Forum PostsMi Live Medal1400K Forum Members3500K Forum Members1900K Forum MembersRocket to FutureSingapore Merlion MedalRooster Year of 2017Xiaomi 6th Anniversary1300K Forum MembersMerry Christmas1 Million Forum MembersHappy New Year900K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamOTA FeedbackAndroid GuruHumor MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerAndroid ElfMi Bunny Game Master Inbox ZeroMIUI G+ FollowerMi Lover MedalMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerYouth PledgeTechnology GuruDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomWallpaper ExpertMIUI Global Forum 2014Forum Contest Lover

23:09, Jun-23-2014 | From PC
|
nice job. congrats...

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note
Online time
58 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandI Love MIUIMi 3Mi PadMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Singapore600K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million Users300K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor Master

01:18, Jun-24-2014 | From PC
|
Awesome! Thanks for sharing

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list