Reproduce rate
100%
ROM version
China Stable ROM
Country/Region
Germany
Description
Android Auto does not work on MIUI.

Tested with the Mi 5 on China stable and with the Mi 4c on xiaomi.eu developer.
Steps to reproduce
Install Android Auto.
Connect phone to car with Android Auto.

On the phone, Android Auto should automatically start. And the car should recognize that there is a phone with Android Auto.
Screenshot
--
Log
This post was edited by sidamos at 20:59, Mar-27-2016

I have granted all rights and Autostart to Android Auto.

When I plug the phone into the car, Android Auto should start on the phone and on the car.

The attached bugreport was created after connecting the phone to the car.

On the Mi 5, just nothing happens, not even the usual USB charging message, even though it does charge.

On the Mi 4c, the USB charging message pops up and disappears all the time.

I have tried the various USB modes (charge, mtp, ptp) and USB debugging on and off.

The same car (Volkswagen Golf) works fine with Android Auto on the LG Nexus 5, meaning that Android Auto does start on the phone and on the car and runs fine.

Favorite Share

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi 8
Online time
35 Hours
Send PM
14:25, Mar-28-2016 | From PC
|
What a pity, I was hoping to work with my Volvo XC 90...

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s Plus
Online time
115 Hours
Send PM

Mi 5Android Guru

Author| 05:31, Apr-24-2016 | From PC
|
Works fine now with 6.4.21 on the Mi 5. However, I know that it does not work on other Xiaomi phones.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s Plus
Online time
115 Hours
Send PM

Mi 5Android Guru

Author| 05:59, May-22-2016 | From PC
|
Works also with 7.3.3.0 stable.

BUT:
It does NOT work with the original Mi 5 USB cable, that came in the box! Tried various 3rd party USB-C cablec and Micro-USB (plus Xiaomi adapter) cables and and they all worked fine.

What's wrong with the original cable?!

Credits
Device
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM
17:30, Jul-25-2016 | From PC
|
sidamos replied at 2016-5-22 05:59
Works also with 7.3.3.0 stable.

BUT:

That was exactly my problem as well, the original supplied cable. Thanks!

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s Plus
Online time
115 Hours
Send PM

Mi 5Android Guru

Author| 04:44, Jul-29-2016 | From PC
|
Is Android Auto working with Redmi Note 3 Pro?

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Greetings from Spain!

Credits
Device
Mi MIX 2
Online time
418 Hours
Send PM

Ninebot MiniMi Yi CameraMijia VR Play 2Magic CubeMi Selfie StickMi WiFi Router MiniMi WiFiMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Band 2Mi VRYeelight Bedside LampMijia Story TellerMi  BunnyMi HeadphonesMi HomeMijia Electric ScooterMi KeyXiaomi 6 LaunchUnlock MedalMi USB FanYi Action CameraMi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi TV 70Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Power StripMi Kids WatchMi Power BankMi Water PurifierMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi VR HeadsetMijia Qi CycleMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi BandMi Bluetooth HeadsetXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFlashholicMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8I Love MIUIMIUI 2016Fantastic!MarshmallowAnTuTuAwesome!MIUI 7Mi 5sRedmi 3SRedmi 3Redmi Note 4Mi Max Redmi ProMi Note ProRedmi 24 Million Forum MembersMi Max 2Redmi 4XMi 5Redmi Note 2Mi 4cMi TVXiaomi 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Italy1400K Forum Members1700K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Forum AppFan Of MIUI Russia2 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI SpainHappy DiwaliDiwali MIUI World Tour1800K Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayFan Of MIUI Poland5 Million Forum PostsMIUI Fan From BrazilMIUI 6th AnniversaryOlympics MedalMIUI Fan From NepalPokemon Master MedalMIUI Fan From VietnamMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI IndiaUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Fan From MyanmarMIUI Fan from IndiaMid-Autumn Festival1300K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI BangladeshMi Live Medal1900K Forum MembersSuper FridayMIUI Happy Medal5 Million Forum App InstallsHappy Holi MedalMIUI Font LoverSuper SaturdaySuper ThursdayCamera Filter Guru MedalSuper WednesdayWomen's Day MedalFan Of MIUI France10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersSuper Sunday300K Forum MembersMIUI PMIUI 91st AnniversaryMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI Ukraine3500K Forum MembersMIUI SFan Of MIUI AustraliaMIUI 100 Million UsersPuzzle MasterMIUI 20 Million UsersHappy New YearMIUI 2017MIUI Monthly TalkMIUI Fan from Turkey3 Million Forum App Installs1 Million Forum App InstallsMerry Christmas2100K Forum MembersI Love 2016MIUI Marathon Medal1500K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayRooster Year of 2017Super TuesdaySingapore Merlion MedalSurge S1Happy Valentine's DayRocket to FutureSuper MondayFan Of MIUI BulgariaMiPopGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Medals CollectorDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid Guru10 Million Forum MembersMi Story TellerMi Bunny Game Master Android ElfDebate MasterBlack SharkXiaomi 8th AnniversaryTheme Talent8 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices QuizQuick SurveyNougatMIUI Quick DiscussionOreo7 Million Forum MembersSurpriseStar WarsMi MIX 22017 Annual AwardsMIUI SuperstarMost Popular Forum UserJuly 19 MyanmarMIUI FollowerMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeScroll Of WisdomMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI KingOTA FeedbackMi TalentUpdates LoverRedmi Note 5A/PrimeApp TalentApp StarMIUI ExpertMaster Of TechnologyStar Of TechnologyApp TalentPioneer of MIUI English Forum Most Active MIUIerMIUI Twitter FollowerYouth PledgeMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Halloween 2017Ringtone Star Forum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalMIUI Wallpaper ContestTechnology GuruMr. DependableStar Of IconsInbox ZeroHumor MasterWallpaper Expert

21:36, Jul-30-2016 | From PC
|
Android auto does not work on Mi Max...

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
10:54, Oct-20-2016 | From PC
|
i have the same problem,the android auto is not wokingg  my redmi note 3 MTK with 8.0.2.0 miui version :(

Credits
Device
Mi 4
Online time
13 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Forum App

06:16, Oct-21-2016 | From PC
|
Same problem with MI4 and Hyundai i30. The car system showing that the Android Auto connected but immediately its disconnected and not able to access the apps on the car info. screen

I tried all 3 methods of USB transfer, but same result. where as, Samsung Galaxy S6 connected immediately without any issues and working fine with Google Maps.

I use China Stable rom - MIUI 8.0.2.0 (MXDCNDG)

Credits
Device
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandRedmi Note 3

03:28, Nov-04-2016 | From PC
|
rickchan84 replied at 2016-10-20 10:54
i have the same problem,the android auto is not wokingg  my redmi note 3 MTK with 8.0.2.0 miui versi ...

Hello there, I had the exact same problem with that same phone, but the answer is here, I had to try like 8 different cables, most of them came from some brand, sony, samsung, lenovo, etc, the one wich worked was some generic cable, why? no idea, but you need to try different cables, with the original one it does not even get recogniced. Now it works flawlessly

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list