This post was edited by Naphtha at 08:44, Mar-25-2016 |
This is the only way to put the phone on EDL, when the Redmi Note 3 Pro is hardbricked.
Do it on your own risk
An video of all the process, thanks to
ChoiMobileVN : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDLV4LdEBHk
1 - Disassembly the phone ( an video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyJNZe8Whug )
2 - Disconnect all the cables and flat cables
3 - Take the motherboard and find the pins *
* Between the motherboard and the body will find a copper tape, gently peel it off.
It is a black ribbon and copper pasted on the motherboard.
4 - Reconnect only : Battery Display and USB
5 - Connect the phone at PC, open Mi Flash and prepare the ROM
6 - Connect the pins like this
7 - Old connection of pins , when you see the phone on Mi Flash push Flash
UPGRADE AND COMPLEMENT FOR SOLVE SOME DRIVER/SOFTWARE ISSUES:
THANKS TO @SIRKRA
Consider this part of guide as a complement of his part or if, like my case, you are not able to succed with his solely guide.
If you already tried to setup Miflash and Qualcomm driver follow this first steps:
- be sure to be using 64 BIT O.S. ( I personal succeded with WIN10 )
- uninstall miflash.
- connect the phone ( that will be seen as 9008 or 900E ), go in device manager under PORTS and manually uninstall that driver too.
- disconnect the phone.
- Reboot PC without connect the phone.
If you are fresh starting, go from here:
- Open COMMAND PROMPT with Administrator Rights
- copy paste this commands, do this one by one: bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS , push enter, and then bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON , push enter.
- If you see operation completed under the two commands you can proceed.
- Reboot the PC. You will now see in right corner the TEST MODE signing.
- Install MIFLASH from [ http://bigota.d.miui.com/tools/MiPhone20151028.exe ] , if you see red warning just ignore and select INSTALL DRIVER ( anyway ). It'll appear two or three times.
- Take the phone and follow the guide of @Naptha on how to open it and connect with the 2 pins.
- Connect the original USB cable to the PC and then to the phone. You will see the red light flashing.
- Open the device manager keeping look at PORTS entry.
- Take your time and with copper wire or what you prefer try to connect the 2 pins. ( it can take a lot so be patient )
- When succed, you will see a new voice appear in device manager, let it install the driver and check that is the 9008 one!
- Open MIFLASH, click REFRESH and check that the phone is seen as COM(number), choose the ROM you want to flash based on your preference , click on FLASH ALL in the bottom left corner of the program. ( you can find ROM's here http://en.miui.com/thread-235865-1-1.html )
- Finally click on FLASH and it must take somewhere near 150/160 seconds to complete ( if it take 400/500 or even 11.000 seconds miflash is fake flashing like was happening to me )
- When completed disconnect the phone, reassemble the flats still disconnected and try to power it up.
- Optional step: I found that if not powering up when done disconnect the battery some seconds and then reconnect can fix the start.
- Re enable driver signature and get rid of test mode open again COMMAND PROMPT with Administrator Rights and paste: bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF , press enter and if operation complete is displayed, reboot pc and now test mode is gone.
- If all went good you're now rocking with the phone working!