Credits
Device
Mi 5X
Online time
29 Hours
Send PM

[Discussion] Notifications are not working properly on Whatsapp or Snapchat.

[ Promote]
10925 19 |
01:11, Apr-28-2018 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by Ndro4 at 04:30, Apr-28-2018

Hello.

So the problem is that notifications are not working properly on Whatsapp or Snapchat after the recent MIUI update. (I have not had Snapchat working properly ever)

Here in the forums people seem to call this problem ''delayed notifications'' or ''late notifications''.

The notifications appear only (There are exceptions) when I am in the app. I am able to get notifications normally after a while when I have opened the app and then closed the app. Notifications work on that spesific situation normally for like 15 minutes but after that I seem to stop receiving messages and notifications until I open the app again.  
When I am able to receive messages and notifications normally (When I have opened whatsapp recently or I'm in the app) I am also able to open the Whatsapp webapp normally but after like 15 minutes from exiting whatsapp and the webapp the webapp won't open normally.

So the problem seems to have something to do with connectivity I guess? Maybe some apps necessary for Whatsapp to work properly are shut down after a while (10-20 minutes) when I exit the app?

I have MIUI9.5.3.0| Stable
Android version 7.1.2
Memory optimization off
MIUI optimization off

I have reinstalled Whatsapp and Snapchat and cleared cache.

Also I have already tried this method as mentioned here:
http://en.miui.com/thread-268224-1-1.html
(I could only do the steps until the step for rooted users since my phone is not rooted)

and this
http://en.miui.com/thread-197926-1-1.html
1) Settings - Notifications - Manage notification - Select app - Priority ON
2) Security - Permissions - Autostart  - Select app ON
3) Security - Data - Restrict data usage - Select app - Data/WLAN on
4) Security - Data - Data saver OFF or Deselect apps
5) Settings - Additional settings - Battery & Performance - Manage apps battery usage OFF or Deselect apps
6) Menu (left button) on home, hold app icon & pull down to "lock" app
7) Reboot phone daily, and manually start those apps to ensure they are being locked running in background

Favorite Share

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
19:20, Apr-30-2018 | Via mobile
|
Same as my mi6 problem on 9.5.6.0

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

Ndro4 + 1 Thanks!

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
04:01, Apr-28-2018 | From Mi 5X
|
Me too

Ndro4 + 1 Thanks!

Credits
Device
Mi 5X
Online time
29 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 23:35, Apr-28-2018 | From PC
|
Now I was granted the permission to unlock my device from Xiaomi and I tried to unlock the bootloader so I could try the menthod mentioned here http://en.miui.com/thread-268224-1-1.html (Which I could only do until the step for rooted users since my phone is not rooted)
But now I have to wait 360 hours to unlock bootloader!! 360 hours!! It means 15 days of malfunctioning notifications for me. This is really frustrating.

Normally functioning notifications from apps are considered basic funtions to phones so this really needs to be fixed.

Guess Xiaomi is not going to be first on the list when I am going after a new phone.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
112 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi T-ShirtMi Power BankMi  BunnyMagic CubeMi Bluetooth HeadsetMijia 360° Panoramic CameraAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestAnTuTuI Love MIUIMi 5XMIUI Lucky FridaySuper SundayXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI 95 Million Forum App InstallsHappy Valentine's DayRocket to Future10 Million Forum PostsMIUI PMIUI Weekly PollHappy New YearHappy Singles' DaySuper SaturdayMIUI Happy MedalGamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Device TeamMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz10 Million Forum MembersApp Star9 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum MembersMIUI Quick DiscussionTheme Talent6 Million Forum MembersAndroid GuruDie-hard MIUI Fan7 Million Forum MembersMIUI Medals CollectorXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMi 5XAndroid Elf2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Halloween 2017MIUI FollowerMi Lover Medal

03:53, May-02-2018 | From Mi 5X
|
Try WhatsApp business with these setting methods. I am getting notifications and calls on 9.5.3.0 for WhatsApp Business.

Ndro4 + 1 Thanks!

Click Reply to Notify Me.

Credits
Device
Mi 5X
Online time
29 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 19:59, May-02-2018 | From PC
|
hasanahmed replied at 2018-5-2 03:53
Try WhatsApp business with these setting methods. I am getting notifications and calls on 9.5.3.0 fo ...

Trying this now. I'll Inform later if this works or not.

Credits
Device
Mi 5X
Online time
29 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 11:27, May-03-2018 | From PC
|
hasanahmed replied at 2018-5-2 03:53
Try WhatsApp business with these setting methods. I am getting notifications and calls on 9.5.3.0 fo ...

WhatsApp business is not working either.

Update on the situation.
I noticed that I is not necessary re-open the app to receive the notifications. Instead I can receive the notifications by turning off mobile data and turning it back on and as soon as it is connected I receive the notifications.
This situation is really weird.
I have also tried this app ("Every x minutes the app invokes an android activity that will send an heartbeat network packet on the push connection." ) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andqlimax.pushfixer.noroot&hl=en_US If the problems had to do something with this "heartbeat" thing. I have had no succes.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
112 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi T-ShirtMi Power BankMi  BunnyMagic CubeMi Bluetooth HeadsetMijia 360° Panoramic CameraAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestAnTuTuI Love MIUIMi 5XMIUI Lucky FridaySuper SundayXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI 95 Million Forum App InstallsHappy Valentine's DayRocket to Future10 Million Forum PostsMIUI PMIUI Weekly PollHappy New YearHappy Singles' DaySuper SaturdayMIUI Happy MedalGamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Device TeamMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz10 Million Forum MembersApp Star9 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum MembersMIUI Quick DiscussionTheme Talent6 Million Forum MembersAndroid GuruDie-hard MIUI Fan7 Million Forum MembersMIUI Medals CollectorXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMi 5XAndroid Elf2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Halloween 2017MIUI FollowerMi Lover Medal

15:28, May-03-2018 | From PC
|
Ndro4 replied at 2018-5-3 09:27
WhatsApp business is not working either.

Update on the situation.

That's really a different result than I am having now. I have enabled auto restart, disabled battery restriction and also locked it on recents menu. And its working fine on my device on both wifi and mobile data.

Credits
Device
Mi 5X
Online time
29 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 23:38, May-04-2018 | From PC
|
hasanahmed replied at 2018-5-3 15:28
That's really a different result than I am having now. I have enabled auto restart, disabled batte ...

Really strange.
What Google Play services version and Google Services Framework do you have? Maybe I have some version which does not work properly.

You can find the app version at:  settings -> Installed apps -> tap the app and you should see the version below the app icon.

I have Google Play services version 12.5.29 (040408-192802242)
and Google Services Framework version 6.0-2302772

At this point there aren't much I can do anymore to try to fix this notification problem ...

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
112 Hours
Send PM

03:22, May-05-2018 | From Mi 5X
|
Ndro4 replied at 2018-5-4 21:38
Really strange.
What Google Play services version and Google Services Framework do you have? Maybe ...

My Google Play Service version is same as yours and Google Service Framework version is 7.1.1-3515457

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list