Elite Member

Ready to help

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
791 Hours
Send PM

Yeelight Bedside LampUnlock MedalMi Band 2Mi  BunnyMi WiFi Router MiniMi Power BankMi WiFi RouterMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi BandMi Water PurifierMi VR HeadsetMIUI 7FlashholicMarshmallowMIUI 8Fantastic!Awesome!MIUI 2015I Love MIUIMIUI 2016Redmi 1SMi PadXiaomi Mi 4Mi TVRedmi Note 4Redmi 2Redmi Note 3Mi 5 ProMi 3Redmi Note 2Mi 5sMi 4cRedmi Note1900K Forum MembersDiwali MIUI Fan From Singapore1500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From BrazilXiaomi 5th Anniversary1400K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from TurkeyFan of MIUI MyanmarMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI SpainHappy New Year1 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryHappy DiwaliHappy Valentine's DayThanksgiving DayHilal Ramadan 1700K Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsMIUI 6th AnniversaryI Love 20161300K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalFan Of MIUI India1 Million Forum App Installs900K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppUEFA EURO MedalMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From MyanmarMIUI Fan from MalaysiaGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopMIUI Device TeamMr. DependableDie-hard MIUI FanStar Of IconsForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomYouth PledgeTechnology GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatStar Of Technology2017 Annual AwardsMaster Of TechnologyApp StarMi Bunny Game Master MIUI FollowerRedmi Quiz MasterMi Lover MedalMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Device ExpertWallpaper ExpertDebate MasterInbox ZeroMi Story TellerAndroid GuruMIUI FB FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerAndroid ElfOTA FeedbackHumor MasterRingtone Star

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] [MIUI Device Team] Flashing Mi Pad 2 Android to Windows

[ Promote]
56241 95 |
13:39, Mar-17-2016 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by faisal337 at 23:18, Mar-17-2016

Hi everyone,
                  I am going to show you how to flash in Mi pad 2 windows edition.

First you need an updated BIOS version- in order to use the win 10, we need to update the corresponding version of BIOS.

The files are large, Windows file is of 6 GB, whereas Android is of 535 MB.

Prequisites:
  • Mi flash tool
  • Mi pad 2 64GB only(No 16GB)
  • A little Brain
Downloads :
Android flashing package :Here
Platform Tools : Here
Windows Flash Pack : Here

Flashing Android and the needed BIOS version

Flashing steps:
  • Download the android package and Platform tools and extract both of them.
  • Open Platform tools and press SHIFT+RIGHT CLICK at the same time and Select Open Command Prompt Here.

Capture42.PNG

3.Drag the flash_all.bat to the Command prompt and it will show you a line " waiting for device".  Now enter fastboot mode in your Mi pad 2 Win Edition manually, connect your Mi pad 2 with it's data cord to the PC,  and wait for it to flash.

Capture43.PNG

4. After the Completion of flashing, Type " fastboot reboot" and Press enter to restart your pad . You can now disconnect from the PC.

Installing the windows 10

Things required :

A Type C OTG Cable

A USB pendrive with at least 8GB storage and of FAT32 format.

Steps to flashing:

1.The new BIOS settings can be started from the USB pendrive, and It must be detected by the Pad.

2.Download the Above given Win 10 pack. Extract, copy and extract all the files to the root directory of USB.

3.Turn off Xiaomi Mi Pad 2, connected to U disk and devices via OTG line, if the BIOS was properly installed it will start and be self-installed. The following pictures appears, which means it is being installed.

4.After the Installation is complete, the Pad shuts down Automatically and Press the power button to start it.

Flash Back to MIUI from Windows

1. Entering the DNX mode:

In a switched off state, press the power Button to start the Pad.  When the Mi logo appears, Press both the Volume Up+Volume Down Button simultaneously for about 15 Seconds. To confirm that you are in DNX mode there will be a line at the top written as "DNX Fastboot Mode..."

2. For Flashing the Fastboot file:

Open Command prompt in platform tools. Navigate to the Extracted path of Android package and drag the Loader.efi file to the CMD and press enter.

Capture44.PNG

3.The device will enter the Fastboot interface mode.

Flash back to the Android

Follow Step #3 of the first flashing Instructions at the top of this tutorial. The flash_all.bat will be completed.  When completed, manually type the command "fastboot reboot" to restart the device. Disconnect from the PC.

Flash Back to MIUI system

Download the MIUI Developer Edition/ stable version.  Flash the ROM, using Fastboot method.

*Disclamer : I do not hold any reponsibility if you brick your device, Please read all steps carefully and ensure you downloaded the correct file. You can flash the 64GB  MIUI version of Mi Pad 2 at your own risk and dont Blame me.

Favorite18 Share

Rated by 13 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

SebTruss + 5 Thanks!
aungkhaing + 1 Thanks!
Findmenowzero + 4 Great!
moeztuerk + 2 Great!
PeteLim99 + 1 Thanks!
mitch002 + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
ammmar + 5 Great!
eladbs + 5 Awesome!
visioncored + 5 Fantastic!
gromadsky + 1 Thanks!
LuckyMeAgain + 10 + 3 Very helpful for many!
KoolKunal + 1 Thanks!
teejay456 + 10 + 3 Awesome!

Experience +60  Prestige +9  View Rating Log

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi Pad
Online time
845 Hours
Send PM

Yeelight Bedside LampMi BandUnlock MedalMi  BunnyXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2016MIUI 8MIUI 7MIUI 6I Love MIUIFantastic!Awesome!Redmi Note 3Mi PadMi 4iThanksgiving DaySuper ThursdayMIUI Fan From SingaporeHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Forum App700K Forum MembersMIUI Monthly TalkMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI PolandGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMi Story TellerMi Lover MedalMi Bunny Game Master Die-hard MIUI FanMi TalentMaster Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruDebate MasterForum Contest LoverAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomInbox ZeroUpdates LoverYouth Pledge

01:22, Mar-18-2016 | From PC
|
lohtse replied at 2016-3-17 06:46
does this mean we could have windows on an android version or android on the windows version?

Yes, the tutorial can be used to Either way.

To flash from MIUI to windows follow the tutorial.  The first set of instrucions flashes you from MIUI to android and includes the needed BIOS package for windows. (Without this step, Flashing windows will not work).

The second set of instructions actually installs Windows, from a USB stick- As long as the BIOS in the first step installed correctly.

And the last set of instructions shows you how to go back to MIUI.  To go back to MIUI, you first have to go back to Android.  THEN install a MIUI rom. It can also be used by a Windows version of the MIPAD2 to convert to Android/then MIUI.
If you can't be a good example, you'll serve as a terrible warning!...

Credits
Device
Mi Pad
Online time
20 Hours
Send PM
04:43, Mar-18-2016 | From PC
|
Yep I understand my problem. I was booting to Android first. This time, after the Native flash, I plugged the USB stick and Keyboard on it.

I can now boot on my USB stick but I have an error page. And they say I need to press Windows key to continue. Sadly it doesn't work. I'll try another keyboard maybe a compatibility issue? I can access to the BIOS by pressing F2 at the boot.
Do you all have the same error? Or maybe my USB stick isn't working well?

Here the page: http://imgur.com/3LQ93xt

Credits
Device
Mi Pad
Online time
20 Hours
Send PM
01:50, Mar-19-2016 | From PC
|
Hey,

I finally found my problem. I needed to create a MBR Partition on my USB Stick to work.
I think you can add it to tutorial.

Thanks again it works like a charm and now I can switch OS when I want. We just need to find how to install others OS and/or dual boot :)

Credits
Device
Others
Online time
77 Hours
Send PM
13:02, May-19-2016 | From PC
|
Dear Sir , faisal337
     U have to left some got back to window from miui.  Right This Here!
Flash Back to MIUI from Windows

1. Entering the DNX mode:

In a switched off state, press the power Button to start the Pad.  When the Mi logo appears, Press both the Volume Up+Volume Down Button simultaneously for about 15 Seconds. To confirm that you are in DNX mode there will be a line at the top written as "DNX Fastboot Mode..."

2. For Flashing the Fastboot file:

Open Command prompt in platform tools. Navigate to the Extracted path of Android package and drag the Loader.efi file to the CMD and press enter.

No need to Flash loader.efi from fastboot command. Is there way to flash just only need to Miflash tool.

thanks for all miui devs & members

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 2
Online time
266 Hours
Send PM

Yeelight Bedside LampMi Band 2Mi WiFi Router MiniMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankMIUI 8Fantastic!MIUI 2016Redmi Note 2Redmi 2Mi Pad 2Thanksgiving Day1 Million Forum MembersMi Live MedalHappy DiwaliMIUI Forum AppSuper WednesdayHilal Ramadan I Love Mi BunnyDebate MasterStar Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverAndroid ElfTechnology GuruMIUI FollowerAndroid Guru

19:46, Mar-17-2016 | From PC
|
does this mean we could have windows on an android version or android on the windows version?
Currently we have 2x redmi 2, 2x Redmi note 2, 2x Mi-Pad 2, 1x Mi Band, 2x Mi Band 1s, 1x Yeelight lamp, 6x Yeelight bulb 2x colour yeelight buld 2x Repeater 1xrepeater pro 1x repeater Plus1x roidimi 2x wifi dongle thingy and many other items....

Credits
Device
Mi Pad
Online time
20 Hours
Send PM
23:05, Mar-17-2016 | From PC
|
Thanks for the guide.

I tried it. I successfully flash the Android image on it by using the flash-all.bat from the Native-release.
But I can't boot from the USB stick after.

I just need to plug the USB stick on the OTG Cable to boot from it?

I have a MiPad2 64Gb (originally on W10 but now on MIUI)

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 6
Online time
121 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi Router MiniMi BandMi BoxMi Power BankUnlock MedalMi  BunnyI Love MIUIMIUI 7Awesome!Fantastic!Mi 5 ProXiaomi 6th AnniversaryRocket to FutureMIUI Forum AppI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 9Gamer Mi BunnyMIUI FB FollowerWallpaper ExpertMIUI G+ FollowerTechnology GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatDie-hard MIUI FanStar Of TechnologyUpdates LoverMIUI FollowerDebate MasterMi Bunny Game Master Youth PledgeForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalMIUI Twitter Follower

23:34, Mar-17-2016 | Via mobile
|
Thanks man!!!!

Elite Member

Ready to help

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
791 Hours
Send PM

Yeelight Bedside LampUnlock MedalMi Band 2Mi  BunnyMi WiFi Router MiniMi Power BankMi WiFi RouterMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi BandMi Water PurifierMi VR HeadsetMIUI 7FlashholicMarshmallowMIUI 8Fantastic!Awesome!MIUI 2015I Love MIUIMIUI 2016Redmi 1SMi PadXiaomi Mi 4Mi TVRedmi Note 4Redmi 2Redmi Note 3Mi 5 ProMi 3Redmi Note 2Mi 5sMi 4cRedmi Note1900K Forum MembersDiwali MIUI Fan From Singapore1500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From BrazilXiaomi 5th Anniversary1400K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from TurkeyFan of MIUI MyanmarMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI SpainHappy New Year1 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryHappy DiwaliHappy Valentine's DayThanksgiving DayHilal Ramadan 1700K Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsMIUI 6th AnniversaryI Love 20161300K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalFan Of MIUI India1 Million Forum App Installs900K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppUEFA EURO MedalMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From MyanmarMIUI Fan from MalaysiaGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopMIUI Device TeamMr. DependableDie-hard MIUI FanStar Of IconsForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomYouth PledgeTechnology GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatStar Of Technology2017 Annual AwardsMaster Of TechnologyApp StarMi Bunny Game Master MIUI FollowerRedmi Quiz MasterMi Lover MedalMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Device ExpertWallpaper ExpertDebate MasterInbox ZeroMi Story TellerAndroid GuruMIUI FB FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerAndroid ElfOTA FeedbackHumor MasterRingtone Star

Author| 23:49, Mar-17-2016 | From PC
|
flambyisme replied at 2016-3-17 20:35
Thanks for the guide.

I tried it. I successfully flash the Android image on it by using the flash-a ...

Yes you need to plug OTG cable, if it cant boot enter the DNX mode

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi Pad
Online time
845 Hours
Send PM

Yeelight Bedside LampMi BandUnlock MedalMi  BunnyXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2016MIUI 8MIUI 7MIUI 6I Love MIUIFantastic!Awesome!Redmi Note 3Mi PadMi 4iThanksgiving DaySuper ThursdayMIUI Fan From SingaporeHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Forum App700K Forum MembersMIUI Monthly TalkMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI PolandGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMi Story TellerMi Lover MedalMi Bunny Game Master Die-hard MIUI FanMi TalentMaster Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruDebate MasterForum Contest LoverAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomInbox ZeroUpdates LoverYouth Pledge

01:13, Mar-18-2016 | From PC
|
flambyisme replied at 2016-3-17 10:05
Thanks for the guide.

I tried it. I successfully flash the Android image on it by using the flash-a ...

If you still can't flash windows in DNX mode, reflash the android and BIOS files again. The usb stick should self start when the BIOS have been properly installed.  NOT self starting can be a sign of something not installing correctly during the BIOS update.
If you can't be a good example, you'll serve as a terrible warning!...

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4
Online time
85 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 8MIUI 2016Mi 4c1500K Forum Members1400K Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsUEFA EURO Medal1300K Forum MembersMIUI Marathon MedalSummer Mi BunnyTechnology GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Medals CollectorDie-hard MIUI Fan

04:42, Mar-18-2016 | From PC
|
Thanks 4 share !

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi Pad
Online time
62 Hours
Send PM
08:00, Mar-18-2016 | From PC
|
Can I flash it on Mi Pad 2 16 GB? You said it can't. But What can happen if I do? Will my device brick? Please, reply me. I would like to know. Thanks.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list