Send PM

[Q & A] Unlocking Phone To Update

[ Promote]
133 1 |
12:21, Apr-26-2018 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
Hello I just updated my MI5s 8.x.x.x to latest 9.5.2, before updating my phone I need ot unlock it just to flash the latest  ROM,I am just curious, but upon reading that unlocking the phone has disadvantages, why do I need to unlock the phone just for the update. Does the update has the things needed to remove those disadvantages? Thanks in advance. :D
Favorite Share

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
432 Hours
Send PM

Mi Yi CameraMi BandMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Power StripMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BoxMi HomeMi Band 2Unlock MedalMijia Story TellerMi VR HeadsetMi  BunnyMagic CubeMi HeadphonesMijia Qi CycleYi Action CameraMijia Smart ShoesXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 7MIUI 2016Fantastic!I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestMarshmallowAnTuTuRedmi Note 33500K Forum MembersMid-Autumn FestivalHappy DiwaliMIUI Philippines Fan Meetup10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Lucky FridayPuzzle MasterSuper SaturdaySurge S1Diwali 3 Million Forum MembersThanksgiving DayHappy Singles' DayMIUI SXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI PWomen's Day MedalMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 2017900K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersSuper Monday300K Forum MembersSuper TuesdayRocket to FutureMIUI Happy MedalUEFA EURO Medal1500K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI 9Happy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI Forum AppMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Weekly PollI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Rooster Year of 20171900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Italy1800K Forum MembersMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI RussiaFan MIUI PhilippinesGamer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMi Bunny Game Master Quick Survey8 Million Forum MembersTheme TalentXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI Quick DiscussionMIUI G+ Follower25 Million Strong9 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz5 Million Forum MembersMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruInbox ZeroYouth PledgeUpdates LoverDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomForum Contest LoverMi Story TellerAndroid ElfMIUI FB FollowerHumor MasterMIUI FollowerStar Of TechnologyRingtone Star Mi Lover MedalMaster Of TechnologyTechnology GuruMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI KingApp StarDie-hard MIUI Fan

21:00, Apr-26-2018 | From PC
|
OTA updates does not require unlocking the boot loader of your phone unless you flashed the rom via other methods.   

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list