Send PM

[Q & A] Unlocking Phone To Update

[ Promote]
77 1 |
12:21, Apr-26-2018 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
Hello I just updated my MI5s 8.x.x.x to latest 9.5.2, before updating my phone I need ot unlock it just to flash the latest  ROM,I am just curious, but upon reading that unlocking the phone has disadvantages, why do I need to unlock the phone just for the update. Does the update has the things needed to remove those disadvantages? Thanks in advance. :D
Favorite Share

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
415 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMi Yi CameraMi VR HeadsetMijia Story TellerMagic CubeMi Band 2Mi HomeUnlock MedalMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerYi Action CameraMijia Qi CycleMi HeadphonesMi  BunnyMi Power StripXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!MIUI 8MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 7MIUI 2016Redmi Note 3MIUI Fan From Philippines3 Million Forum Members3500K Forum MembersMid-Autumn FestivalSurge S110 Million Forum PostsSuper SaturdayRocket to FutureMIUI 2017Puzzle MasterSuper TuesdayHappy DiwaliDiwali Happy Singles' DayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSuper MondayWomen's Day MedalMIUI S1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Lucky Friday300K Forum MembersThanksgiving Day900K Forum MembersMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupRooster Year of 2017Fan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 20 Million UsersFan MIUI PhilippinesUEFA EURO MedalFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Happy MedalFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 9MIUI 7th Anniversary1500K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Forum AppMIUI Weekly Poll1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI ItalyFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI World Tour1800K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksI Love 2016I Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Beta TeamMi Bunny Game Master Die-hard MIUI FanMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatQuick Survey5 Million Forum MembersMi Lover MedalXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI G+ FollowerTheme Talent8 Million Forum MembersHumor MasterInbox ZeroYouth PledgeUpdates LoverScroll Of WisdomForum Contest LoverMi Story TellerAndroid ElfMIUI FB FollowerDebate MasterAndroid GuruTechnology GuruMaster Of TechnologyStar Of TechnologyApp StarMIUI KingMIUI FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorRingtone Star

21:00, Apr-26-2018 | From PC
|
OTA updates does not require unlocking the boot loader of your phone unless you flashed the rom via other methods.   

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list