[Q & A] Help please! Flashtools says "ERROR: NAND Flash was not detected!"

[ Promote]
59574 18 |
05:07, Mar-01-2016 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by Lassov at 05:24, Mar-01-2016

After months of normal use, the cache partition of my redmi 1 started to act weird. Whatsapp errors, cm locker error, font is going to default, lockscreen wallpaper to default, freezes, etc,,,

I tried to wipe cache from my TWRP recovery but it says E: Unable to mount '/cache'
I tried to flash another TWRP, but same error, so it cant be installed

So I decided to use Flashtools. I loaded the scatter file and installed drivers properly. Downloading the image doesn't work. Firmware -> Upgrade does't work. Format all except bootloader doesn't work (and when I turn on the pone, it stills with the same ROM and recovery !!!).

I was curious and I decided to run a Memory Test. Here is the result:

At that point, this error showed up:

I think my Redmi 2013023 is really dying :(

Is ''clear eMMC'' from chinese non-recovery menu (volup+pow) useful in this case? Should I clear the whole eMMC trought that chinese menu then download in flashtools? Or should I do a Format ALL + Download? Maybe this is a hardware issue?

Thanks in advance for any answer !!!

Favorite Share

Elite Member

RED KAT 2

Credits
Device
Redmi 1
Online time
431 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesFantastic!MIUI 7MIUI 2015Awesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 8FlashholicMIUI 6Redmi 2Mi PadRedmiMIUI English Forum 2013Fan Of MIUI CzechFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 50 Million Users300K Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI 100 Million UsersHilal Ramadan 1 Million Forum MembersThanksgiving Day700K Forum Members900K Forum Members800K Forum Members600K Forum Members500K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsXiaomi 6th Anniversary2100K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyClass A Beta TeamMIUI Beta TeamAndroid ElfDie-hard MIUI FanForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatOTA FeedbackUpdates LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerMIUI Medals Collector

05:47, Mar-01-2016 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Sonic1SVK at 22:49, Feb-29-2016

Look here http://laurentiumihet.ro/technol ... ng-bricked-devices/

Tested and works fine. This is only one way for hard bricked device.
If not work try format EMMC with SP flash Tools.

Can be HW damaged
Pleas all BETA Team members and other people with REDMi 1w read and sign this petition

Credits
Device
Redmi 1
Online time
18 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 05:56, Mar-01-2016 | From PC
|
Sonic1SVK replied at 2016-3-1 05:47
Look here http://laurentiumihet.ro/technol ... ng-bricked-devices/

Tested and works fine. This is o ...

Wow what a quick response, I saw you on other posts when I was looking for help

U're awesome :)

I'll try to use another scatter files. I really appreciatte that tutorial but I still don't know if I can "format all" or clear emmc. I will keep trying without formatting all

Thanks !!!!!!!!!

Credits
Device
Redmi 1
Online time
18 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 06:09, Mar-01-2016 | From PC
|
Oh maybe my scatter files are wrong, I have a Redmi 1 2013023 WCDMA.
I've been searching for the image files, but I only found 2 files (500mb RARs) (im trying with them but it seems not working)
Can you send me a link where I can find the image-scatter files ?? Thanks !

Elite Member

RED KAT 2

Credits
Device
Redmi 1
Online time
431 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesFantastic!MIUI 7MIUI 2015Awesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 8FlashholicMIUI 6Redmi 2Mi PadRedmiMIUI English Forum 2013Fan Of MIUI CzechFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 50 Million Users300K Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI 100 Million UsersHilal Ramadan 1 Million Forum MembersThanksgiving Day700K Forum Members900K Forum Members800K Forum Members600K Forum Members500K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsXiaomi 6th Anniversary2100K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyClass A Beta TeamMIUI Beta TeamAndroid ElfDie-hard MIUI FanForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatOTA FeedbackUpdates LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerMIUI Medals Collector

06:18, Mar-01-2016 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Sonic1SVK at 23:23, Feb-29-2016

Look here http://en.miui.com/thread-18485-1-1.html
Clear EMMC only delete , is better to format

If you format EMMC can be that IMEI is erased. But this can be fixed.

Good luck
Pleas all BETA Team members and other people with REDMi 1w read and sign this petition

Credits
Device
Redmi 1
Online time
18 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 06:35, Mar-01-2016 | From PC
|
I did a backup with MobileUncleTools of my IMEI before throwing the nuclear SP Flash Tool bomb

I'm doing now a Format All + Download in the SP Tools 5.1352.01 with the scatter files provided in the post you linked.

I'll keep posting the progress

Thanks a lot.

Credits
Device
Redmi 1
Online time
18 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 07:16, Mar-01-2016 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Lassov at 07:24, Mar-01-2016

Well, after Format All + Download the ROM stills intact, also the TWRP recovery stills there.

I did a manual Format All (including bootloader). It did the process but after restarting the phone my ROM stills there, lol

And oh, I dont have clear eMMC in factory mode LEL

This is my factory mode (NONE of those options are working when I press power button ! XDD! )

And this is the best error ever XD:

The phone won. I think it's HW issue. It will stay as a brick, maybe forever ...

But I won't desperate. I did Titanium Backup all those months. Also TWRP ROM backup Contacts on the cloud and my SD card in a safe place ^^

I'm thinking about buying a Redmi 1S because it's the only Xiaomi that still haves v5 ROMs out there. I just love MiTools. But I think they don't sell it anymore (???) Is there any Xiaomi (not the redmi1/1s) running MIUIv5 too?
Maybe it's time to make the jump to v6... Or CyanogenMod 11

Thanks a f*cking lot Sonic

Credits
Device
Mi Max 3
Online time
16 Hours
Send PM
17:17, Mar-15-2016 | From PC
|
so no solution for this situation?

Credits
Device
Redmi 1
Online time
18 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 23:28, Mar-15-2016 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Lassov at 23:30, Mar-15-2016
maruf8834 replied at 2016-3-15 17:17
so no solution for this situation?

I tried to SPFlash Tools with FORMAT ALL Option/Download only/Firmware upgrade,,,, nothing worked for me.
After using format all partitions from spflash tools my ROM stills intact even with same notifications and messages running.

In my case, the eMMC is really corrupted, but at least I can boot the phone and check a few things like Notes and a few settings....

I bought a Redmi 1s

If you have any question feel free to post it

Credits
Device
Redmi 3
Online time
7 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bunny Game Master

23:34, Mar-15-2016 | From PC
|
did you figure it out?