Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.2.1.0.MHOMIDL
Online time
105 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterMi BandMIUI 2016Fantastic!Redmi Note 2RedmiRedmi Note 3Redmi 3Happy New Year1 Million Forum MembersMIUI HalloweenMIUI Device TeamForum Contest LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] Redmi 3 Fastboot Guide

[ Promote]
68290 258 |
21:15, Feb-18-2016
| |
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by Clayton@ at 21:20, May-16-2016

First thing to clarify to all, even with bootloader lock, it is still possible to do a fastboot update.

I have also noticed many of you are unsure or confused by the steps to do it hence I am creating a thread to guide you. Please follow all of it step by step.

Also please make sure all your files are backed up first to the SD Card and computer prior to starting the fastboot update.

1. Download MiFlash from here http://bigota.d.miui.com/tools/MiPhone20151028.exe

2. Download the Redmi 3 Fastboot Rom from here http://bigota.d.miui.com/V7.1.1. ... 1_cn_ed00d29f38.tgz

3. Turn off the device. Press the Volume Up(+) key and the Power button at the same time to enter Download mode. Then connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable

From Now On, Device will be known as COM 10 (the number can vary but it starts with COM)

Capture.JPG    

4. After you download the fastboot rom file for Redmi 3 Stable China Rom, you need to extract it a total of two times.
The first time you extract the tgz file it will become a folder. [Please ignore the file names, it is merely an example]

Open up the folder and extract the tar file inside and you will get the files you need. [Please ignore the file names, it is merely an example]

After extraction you should see two files.

Open up the folder and navigate to here. Once here, make sure later on MiFlash is set to browse to the images folder as shown.
[Please ignore the file names, it is merely an example but make sure you link your's to the image file]

5. Decompress the MIUI ROM flashing tool downloaded in Step 1, and double click on it to install (if there is security warning, select 'Run'). After installation is completed, open MiFlash.exe and paste into the address bar the ROM file folder path copied in the last step.
Click on the first button (circled out in yellow) to Refresh, and MiFlash should automatically recognize the device. Then click the second button (circled out in red) to flash the ROM file to the device.  [Device will show COM 10, ignore the image wording below]

[Notice at the bottom of the whole box there is the option Flash All, Flash all except storage and Flash all except data and storage?
You can only select either Flash all or Flash all except data and storage.I would however recommend a fresh wipe which is Flash all but do it only if you have backup all your data onto the sd card and computer]

6. Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, which means the ROM has been successfully installed. Then your device should automatically boot to the new version. [Device will show COM 10, ignore the image wording below]

Source: http://en.miui.com/a-234.html

Cheers.

*You can only use Mi Flash on Windows 64 bits Operating System else it will flash unsuccessfully. This is unique to Redmi 3 only.
*With bootloader unlocked, normal process of fastboot flashing via the instructions here will work.

Favorite71 Share

Rated by 85 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

Andy21Sk + 1 Great!
well-zone + 2 Thanks!
Radrian0 + 1 Thanks!
+491623289870 + 1 Great!
kyrius + 1 Thanks!
AgusHeng + 1 Fantastic!
Fedor_m + 2 Great!
Cobra182 + 1 Great!
cylidiya + 1 Thanks!
JamesRock7 + 1 Awesome!
ioannah + 1 Thanks!
1630517258 + 1 Awesome!
+393453153774 + 1 Thanks!
yudart + 2 Awesome!
divanside + 3 Great!
ElianeMQ + 1 Great!
csatur + 1 Thanks!
肖明730 + 1 Thanks!
SOM4 + 1 Thanks!
halfly + 1 Thanks!
jxcell + 2 Thanks!
lena1987 + 1 Great!
Absent_mindeD + 1 Great!
Darktrojan + 1 Awesome!
binbinio + 2 Awesome!
sampeeeee + 2 Great!
TormentedSoul + 1 Thanks!

Experience +121  Prestige +9  View Rating Log

REDMI NOTE 2 USER

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V7.1.1.0.0.LHPCNCK
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
21:30, Apr-22-2016
|
two thumbs up for this guide! This video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xmr9MKk4rg is a good compliment to this guide, specifically, you need to install the drivers for the Com10 device BEFORE flashing.

Confirmed working on 7.2.7.0, just flashed my phone today from the 'tampered' ROM that my Redmi 3 originally shipped with.

Thanks Clayton! Cheers!

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

Alan_SP + 1 Thanks!

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V7.3.2.0.0.LHPCNDD
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
23:53, Oct-23-2016
|
After ages and ages I try to flash MIUI 7.3.2.0.0 with any other method. Finally I succes with your method.. many thanks

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
29 Hours
Send PM
12:04, Mar-18-2016
|

try to uninstall the port and install again, must be have number below tab index at MiFlash.
thanks to this thread, work for me

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.0.1.0.LHOCNDG
Online time
109 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Unlock MedalAwesome!Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 2016MIUI 7MIUI 8Redmi 3Pokemon Master MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryOlympics MedalMIUI Forum AppMi Live MedalMIUI 300 WeeksMid-Autumn FestivalI Love Mi BunnyMi Lover MedalMIUI Medals CollectorInbox ZeroTechnology GuruWallpaper ExpertDie-hard MIUI Fan

22:03, Feb-18-2016
|
This post was edited by trikomlabs at 21:21, Feb-18-2016

nope.. it said remote device is locked cannot flash images
can't do flashing in fastboot mode when bootloader still locked..

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.2.1.0.MHOMIDL
Online time
105 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterMi BandMIUI 2016Fantastic!Redmi Note 2RedmiRedmi Note 3Redmi 3Happy New Year1 Million Forum MembersMIUI HalloweenMIUI Device TeamForum Contest LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014

Author| 23:09, Feb-18-2016
|
trikomlabs replied at 2016-2-18 22:03
nope.. it said remote device is locked cannot flash images
can't do flashing in fastboot mo ...

It is a unique case for Redmi 3, you can flash only fastboot update even if bootloader is lock. Has been tried and tested already. Users who failed always come from Windows 10 for which it is currently notorious for causing driver issue.

REDMI NOTE 2 USER

Credits
Device
Redmi 3
MIUI Version
Online time
47 Hours
Send PM
00:35, Feb-19-2016
|
Via fastboot does not work! "Device is locked." Via download mode: "not enough space" Max Buffer Zone is 32. Consult my way forward. My redmi 3 is bricked. Thank you for your advice

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.2.1.0.MHOMIDL
Online time
105 Hours
Send PM

Author| 00:41, Feb-19-2016
|
stefanhv replied at 2016-2-19 00:35
Via fastboot does not work! "Device is locked." Via download mode: "not enough space" Max Buffer Zon ...

Have you followed my steps in numerical order? If you receive errors you could try it on another computer as it worked out in one user's case. Also, can you provide more details as to why your device was bricked? Also which OS are you using, is it windows 10 by any chance?

REDMI NOTE 2 USER

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V7.1.2.0.LHPCNCK
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
00:48, Feb-19-2016 Via mobile
|
Hello tell me when will international firmware for redmi notes 3 nebudet who knows?

Credits
Device
Redmi 3
MIUI Version
Online time
47 Hours
Send PM
00:48, Feb-19-2016
|
uses Windows 7 Home Premium .I like to replace the I kinguser SuperSU

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.2.1.0.MHOMIDL
Online time
105 Hours
Send PM

Author| 10:20, Feb-19-2016
|
@stefanhv, i can only help you to flash fastboot but i do not support force rooting due to the risks.

REDMI NOTE 2 USER

Credits
Device
Redmi 3
MIUI Version
Online time
47 Hours
Send PM
13:04, Feb-19-2016
|
Thank you for your interest in my problem. As I have to proceed? I observe the whole process and it does not work.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.2.1.0.MHOMIDL
Online time
105 Hours
Send PM

Author| 13:27, Feb-19-2016
|
stefanhv replied at 2016-2-19 13:04
Thank you for your interest in my problem. As I have to proceed? I observe the whole process and it  ...

I have no idea what you are talking about here. Can you elaborate?

REDMI NOTE 2 USER

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list