This post was edited by Clayton@ at 21:20, May-16-2016 |
First thing to clarify to all, even with bootloader lock, it is still possible to do a fastboot update.
I have also noticed many of you are unsure or confused by the steps to do it hence I am creating a thread to guide you. Please follow all of it step by step.
Also please make sure all your files are backed up first to the SD Card and computer prior to starting the fastboot update.
1. Download MiFlash from here http://bigota.d.miui.com/tools/MiPhone20151028.exe
2. Download the Redmi 3 Fastboot Rom from here http://bigota.d.miui.com/V7.1.1. ... 1_cn_ed00d29f38.tgz
3. Turn off the device. Press the Volume Up(+) key and the Power button at the same time to enter Download mode. Then connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable
From Now On, Device will be known as COM 10 (the number can vary but it starts with COM)
4. After you download the fastboot rom file for Redmi 3 Stable China Rom, you need to extract it a total of two times.
The first time you extract the tgz file it will become a folder. [Please ignore the file names, it is merely an example]
Open up the folder and extract the tar file inside and you will get the files you need. [Please ignore the file names, it is merely an example]
After extraction you should see two files.
Open up the folder and navigate to here. Once here, make sure later on MiFlash is set to browse to the images folder as shown.
[Please ignore the file names, it is merely an example but make sure you link your's to the image file]
5. Decompress the MIUI ROM flashing tool downloaded in Step 1, and double click on it to install (if there is security warning, select 'Run'). After installation is completed, open MiFlash.exe and paste into the address bar the ROM file folder path copied in the last step.
Click on the first button (circled out in yellow) to Refresh, and MiFlash should automatically recognize the device. Then click the second button (circled out in red) to flash the ROM file to the device. [Device will show COM 10, ignore the image wording below]
[Notice at the bottom of the whole box there is the option Flash All, Flash all except storage and Flash all except data and storage?
You can only select either Flash all or Flash all except data and storage.I would however recommend a fresh wipe which is Flash all but do it only if you have backup all your data onto the sd card and computer]
6. Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, which means the ROM has been successfully installed. Then your device should automatically boot to the new version. [Device will show COM 10, ignore the image wording below]
*You can only use Mi Flash on Windows 64 bits Operating System else it will flash unsuccessfully. This is unique to Redmi 3 only.
*With bootloader unlocked, normal process of fastboot flashing via the instructions here will work.
Rated by 85 people
View Rating Log