Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.1.5.0.LXIMIDI
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] How to make Light Flow Lite work in Xiaomi Mi4i (No root needed)

[ Promote]
2744 2 |
19:14, Feb-12-2016 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by llgla at 19:19, Feb-12-2016

Why use Light Flow Lite?
I want my notification lights to stay on instead of pulsing. There is no toggle for that in Miui 7 at the moment.  

Pros and Cons?
Light Flow lite is free and it lets you control notification light for some essential apps and events like SMS and Missed calls but not apps like Facebook and WhatsApp.  If you want lights for those apps, use the free version of Light Manager or get the paid version of Light Flow.  Light Manager has fewer configuration settings than Light Flow though.

Steps
1) Download and Install Light Flow Lite

2) Make sure Light Flow is enabled
Tap on Menu -> Settings

Light Flow - Menu

Light Flow - Menu

Light Flow - Settings

Light Flow - Settings

3) Turn on HTC alternative direct mode
Tap Device Settings (near bottom of General Settings). Make sure HTC alternative direct mode is enabled. Turn off Direct mode if it is enabled.

Light Flow - Device Settings

Light Flow - Device Settings

4) Customize Notification Settings
Go back to the home page of Light Flow then tap on Menu -> Notification Settings to customize the notification behaviors

Light Flow - Notifications

Light Flow - Notifications

5) Change Notification Settings of the phone
Tap on Settings -> Additional Settings -> Notification Light
Change the lights to a color Light Flow isn't using.  I find that if I turn the Pulse notification light off or leave it to work with the same colors I set Light Flow to work with, the lights won't lit.

Phone - Settings

Phone - Settings

Phone - Additional Settings

Phone - Additional Settings

Phone - Notification Lights

Phone - Notification Lights

6) Reboot the phone
I had to reboot my phone in order to get Light Flow to run properly.  Your experience might defer.

Note: There is a Notifications - All option in Light Flow's Notification Settings, which I thought was a good workaround to get Light Flow lite work with WhatsApp but I found that it would light up for every single notification update my phone gets (e.g. google updates) hence it is not worth to have it imo.
Favorite1 Share

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4i
MIUI Version
Online time
45 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMIUI 2015Fantastic!MIUI 7MIUI Forum App1 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan from IndiaThanksgiving DayGamer Mi BunnyMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Medals CollectorTechnology GuruWallpaper ExpertAndroid GuruDebate MasterOTA Feedback

10:46, Mar-16-2016 | From PC
|
Thank you bro it's sounds good to. Me.

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM
17:54, May-11-2016 | From PC
|