[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] [FIX GUIDE] Notification Issues

[ Promote]
71114 79 |
17:50, Feb-06-2016 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
Hi all!

For whatever reason, I have not been receiving push notifications the past few days with my new Redmi Note 3. While browsing through the forums, there have been some details listed in how to fix these issues, but some people are still having trouble. Particular apps I have issues with include Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, Snapchat, Gmail and so on. This guide aims to rectify the lack of notifications coming through in real time.

This guide focuses on MIUI 7 (my version is 7.1.8.0)

If you haven't tried yet, here's what you should be looking to do:

STEP 1: Disable power saving mode.

How? Simple!
Settings > Additional Settings > Battery and Performance > Manage apps battery usage > set 'Power Saving Modes' to OFF.

STEP 2: Disable 'destroy activity' function.

For those who have Dev Mode, go into Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Settings and scroll to the very bottom. Ensure "Don't Keep Activities" is disabled (greyed out).

STEP 3: Check Notification settings

Go into Settings > Notifcations and ensure "Show Notification Icons" is on, as well as "Show on Lock Screen."

STEP 4: Setup notifications for each App in settings.

This may be the most time consuming part. Open Settings > Installed Apps. Go to each app you're looking to get notifcations for, and press "Custom notification." Turn everything on.

STEP 5: Ensure app has notifications enabled.

Go into each app and find the settings. In there, a "notification" option should be visible *somewhere*. Make sure you enable notifications, sounds, icons etc.

STEP 6: Enable Autostart

In order to do this, you'll need to locate your "Secuirty" app, preinstalled with MIUI. Once opened, press "Permissions" then "Autostart" and enable the applications you're looking to receive notifications for. If using Facebook messenger, you should also go into Permissions > Permissions and then press "Permissions" at the top of the screen. Scroll down to "Display pop-up window" and enable both Facebook and Messenger to do so. Chat heads will now work.

STEP 7: Disable data saver and enable dual data on all apps.

To do this, go back to your security app and find "Data Usage." Click on "data saver" and make sure at the top of the screen, it says it is off. Go back one step and touch "Restrict Data Usage." In here, make sure all apps are accessible (ticked) on both the Mobile and WLAN sides.

STEP 8: Commit apps to memory.

Open up the apps you're trying to receive notifications for. Once you've opened them all, go back to your homescreen and tap the menu button to bring up the task menu (which tells you how much RAM is available). Here, you want to drag down each application you want to receive notifications for, and only those apps. A red "locked" icon will now appear in the corner of the logo. (Please note: you may have to do this each time you restart the phone).

STEP 9: Customise power saving settings.

This is the step that other guides don't list - and I'm not sure if this may be the difference that allows you to keep push notifications active.

Open settings > Additional settings > Battery & performance > Manage apps battery use and then click on "Choose Apps" at the top of the screen. This will take you to a list showing that each app is currently following the "suggested" battery usage modes. Click on the desired app, and you will see that "Suggested" is highlighted. Click on "custom" and some new options will appear. Now, click "Stay connected" (by default it will be set to "disconnect") and this will allow your app to stay connected to the network when not in use. Theoretically, this will allow it to always receive notifications and "push" them to your phone's interface.

By following this guide, you should now receive notifications on the lock screen, in the notifications bar at the top of the screen and as a red icon on each app logo in real time, whenever an activity has occured.

Happy days! Please leave feedback in the thread below, or rate / thumbs up the post if it has been helpful!
Favorite18 Share

Rated by 11 people   Experience Reason  

midvik + 1 Thanks!
pablo75rus + 1 Thanks!
Erg_master_GT + 1 Thanks!
axel_rex + 1 Thanks!
LukaszBrn + 1 Thanks!
Randu + 1 Great!
sherlock916 + 1 Thanks!
Anmsem + 1 Awesome!
rorraher + 1 Thanks!
Ped8203 + 1 Fantastic!
feds64 + 4 Great!

Experience +14  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 2
Online time
66 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 7MIUI 6th AnniversaryThanksgiving DayMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Forum AppMIUI 300 WeeksHappy DiwaliDiwali Die-hard MIUI Fan

17:39, Sep-12-2016 | Via mobile
|
Hahahaahaaaaaa after buying a xiaomi phone you have to keep doing this or other things always and spend your life in the forum. Lots of problems, and you don't even realize that you're not getting the full experience of any app in xiaomi phones. With every update we expect our lives will become smoother using a smartphone but No, New update brings new problems.

Credits
Device
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM

I Love 2016Merry ChristmasHappy New YearUpdates Lover

08:20, Dec-14-2016 | From PC
|
ita1979 replied at 2016-10-30 01:51
On my Redmi 3S with MIUI 8 Dual app notification not working properly. I try with cloned whatsapp bu ...

Same problem here, Any.Do reminders doesn't work. Other my applications have this problem too.

Redmi 3S with MIUI8.

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
19:40, Feb-14-2016 | From PC
|
Still having the problem despite trying everything (autostart, permissions, locking the app, notifications settings, etc.)

It's worse when i am on Wi-Fi

I have a Mi 4C running MIUI version 7.1.6.0 (Stable)

Is this not the latest ROM and that is why the fixes are not working for me?

Super moderator

JUST DO IT!

Credits
Device
Mi 9
Online time
4769 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Xiaomi 6 LaunchMi Notebook AirMijia Electric ScooterMi Power Bank 10000MAH Unlock MedalMi HeadphonesMijia VR Play 2Yeelight Bedside LampMi Yi CameraMi HomeMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMijia Story TellerMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Selfie StickMi KeyMagic CubeMi VR HeadsetMi BandMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi TV 70Mi MIXMi Power StripMi  BunnyMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi T-ShirtMijia Qi CycleMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi Power BankMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi WiFi Router MiniNinebot MiniMi Kids WatchMijia Walkie TalkieXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2016MIUI 8AnTuTuMarshmallowFantastic!FlashholicMIUI 7MIUI 2015Redmi Note 2Redmi Note 4XMi MIXMi 3Mi Max Redmi 3Mi 4cMi TVRedmi 1SRedmi Note 4Redmi NoteMi 5s PlusRedmi Note 3Redmi 3SRedmi 4/Prime/4ARedmi 4X4 Million Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesOlympics Medal3500K Forum MembersSingapore BirthdayHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan from MalaysiaPokemon Master MedalFan Of MIUI India300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From NepalMi Live MedalMIUI Forum App1700K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersMid-Autumn Festival1 Million Forum MembersRingolicious MedalMalaysia AnniversaryMIUI 300 Weeks900K Forum MembersSuper FridayMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI 7th AnniversaryXiaomi 6th AnniversaryFan of MIUI MyanmarMerry ChristmasAtaturk MourningHappy New YearMIUI PCamera Filter Guru MedalMIUI 9Diwali Xiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan From Myanmar1400K Forum MembersUEFA EURO MedalFan Of MIUI GreeceThanksgiving DayMIUI Fan From Indonesia100k Forum MembersMIUI Fan from Turkey90000 Forum Members3 Million Forum MembersRocket to FutureRooster Year of 20171 Million Forum App InstallsSuper ThursdayMIUI Marathon Medal5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Happy Medal2100K Forum MembersI Love 2016MIUI 201710 Million Forum PostsPuzzle MasterSuper MondaySingapore Merlion MedalSuper TuesdayWomen's Day MedalSuper WednesdayMIUI Drawing TalentSurge S1Happy Valentine's DayMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Font Lover1800K Forum MembersMIUI World Tour1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI SpainSuper SaturdayMIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI RussiaHappy Singles' DayHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI PolandFan Of MIUI ItalySuper SundayHappy Holi MedalGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopMIUI Device TeamOreoMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz8 Million Forum MembersGold Super ModeratorMIUI Follower2017 Annual Awards7 Million Forum MembersDebate MasterMIUI Quick DiscussionStar WarsDiscuss HereYouth PledgeApp StarSurpriseForum Contest LoverMi A1Ringtone Star Xiaomi 8th AnniversaryInbox ZeroNougatMi TalentHumor MasterMIUI Halloween 2017Android GuruMIUI Device ExpertMIUI Medals CollectorApp MasterStar Of TechnologyMIUI SuperstarMost Popular Forum UserUpdates LoverJuly 19 MyanmarMi Story TellerRedmi Note 5/ProWallpaper StarApp TalentMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeScroll Of WisdomMIUI ExpertMIUI KingMaster Of TechnologySuper ModeratorApp TalentMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Lover MedalMi Bunny Game Master Wallpaper ExpertPioneer of MIUI English Forum 25 Million StrongDie-hard MIUI FanOTA FeedbackIndonesia Independence DayAndroid ElfMIUI FB FollowerTechnology GuruMIUI G+ FollowerTheme TalentMIUI Photography GuruRedmi Quiz MasterMr. DependableMIUI Twitter FollowerMost Active MIUIer

18:42, Feb-06-2016 | From PC
|
Great, this can help many users...

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
79 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi Power BankMi WiFi Router MiniI Love MIUIRedmi Note 3Gamer Mi BunnySummer Mi Bunny

18:46, Feb-06-2016 | From PC
|
Thanks

Credits
Device
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandRedmi Note 3

01:32, Feb-07-2016 | Via mobile
|
Thanks

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
46 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandXiaomi 7th AnniversaryRedmi Note 3MIUI Forum AppMi Lover Medal

03:43, Feb-07-2016 | From PC
|
I have been thinking a summary. I slipped the forum for several days and playing around on the phone before I realized these things. But for me to describe it would have been long because my English is limited. Good topic! Thank you!
I'm sorry for my bad english!
I'm Hungarian...

P.S. : I hate google translate!

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi A1
Online time
52 Hours
Send PM
03:47, Feb-07-2016 | From PC
|
Thanks

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
65 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi Band 2Awesome!Fantastic!MIUI 2016MIUI 7Redmi Note 3MIUI 201710 Million Forum PostsSuper MondayI Love Mi BunnyMiPopDebate MasterMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum

03:59, Feb-07-2016 | Via mobile
|
Thank you

Credits
Device
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 08:41, Feb-07-2016 | From PC
|
No worries guys! I'm still having trouble over WiFi but I'm testing to see if that's the modem issue. Another thing you can trybis downloading Push Notification Fixer (check the version, root or no root) and set the delay to 1 minute, then restart your phone.

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
Online time
34 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMIUI 2016Redmi Note 3Happy Valentine's Day

17:25, Feb-07-2016 | From PC
|
Thank you
I remember the black/white television ...

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list